IGNORED

Josh and Anna 53: 151 Month Sentence

Coconut Flan

27 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Homeland Security. Homeland Security doesn’t mess around and I expect they won’t be too pleased getting flooded with unsubstantiated accusations 

Like who deals with terrorists and stuff 

what the fuck has that got to do with Anna 

Child protection people I can imagine but homeland? no 

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Because Katie Joy says the M7 could have been SA.

She says (and this I kinda agree) in order to download the CSAM, you need to upload some original material to prove you aren’t a cop. 

M7 was born right before the trial in October. 

And Katie Joy is an a**hole for spreading these rumors.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 19

Just now, AussieKrissy said:

Perhaps because HSI investigates the distribution of CSAM. 
All I know is one has to be damn sure there is a reason to involve them when reporting on Anna. 
Homeland Security are the big guns and probably won’t take kindly to WOACB’s fan base calling and leaving ‘tips’

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Homeland security includes cyber security which is why homeland security deals with CSAM. Technically Homeland Security is who conducted the raid on the carlot in November 2019.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Perhaps because HSI investigates the distribution of CSAM. 
All I know is one has to be damn sure there is a reason to involve them when reporting on Anna. 
Homeland Security are the big guns and probably won’t take kindly to WOACB’s fan base calling and leaving ‘tips’

Oh thank you

I kind of assumed that the people investigating Josh on the charges he faced would have looked for evidence of abuse of his own children and found none so there fore he was not charged 

As always there is a lot of assumptions being made here, but I find it hard to believe they would not have  seen the correlation of a child predator who also had access to 7 of his own children not warranting an investigation 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Yes, at Immanuel Baptist Church in Springdale. He appears to be the only pastor. They bought and have been renovating the house next to the church. There’s a sermon by Ben on the website, but no staff page or anything else that would be picked up by web searches for Ben.

https://www.ibcspringdale.com/

They don't own the house. The only property that shows up in searches for them is the Mold House. I just checked it last week.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

6 hours ago, ElizaB said:

I believe one of the kids will "break free" and TLC will offer them their own show where they will expose evils from their childhood and earn a hefty pay check. 

I am waiting impatiently for the prime documentary they are making on the Duggars. Does anyone have updates on that?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

I absolutely believe that His Honor knew exactly where the pro-Josh letter writers were coming from and rolled his eyes with each one. 

Others probably said this but I suspect those letters hurt because they showed that his "support system" is made up of enablers who refuse to see that any of the things he did are problematic. Maybe it's just routine, but he did say the supervisors when he is with his children would be determined by the PO, and he didn't name the mother or the grandparents.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

WOACB needs to be a bit smarter if she wants to keep her “job.” If HSI gets enough calls they could very well go after her for harassment and wasting their time!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t think JB, himself, will ever be given an opportunity to make media money again. One or a group of the kids, maybe, but here’s where the division would hurt JB…if there’s fracturing in the ranks, JB might be SOL with expecting the kids to share potentially earned wealth with the Big House!

I can't see any of the kids making media money, outside of their narrow niche, unless they do a tell-all and go on the circuit. I suspect Jeremy is spitting blood on how his attempt to make money being a "break out star from 19 Kids and Counting" worked out.

• Upvote 8

50 minutes ago, Freejin said:

I am waiting impatiently for the prime documentary they are making on the Duggars. Does anyone have updates on that?

No updates. I think it was supposed to be late 2022 or early 2023. 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Sort of like that amish show where they get to experience the outside world before chosing to stay or leave. 
I’d watch that :)

I wonder if Jill and Derrick cooperated with the upcoming documentary. I can see them wanting to do that both for emotional reasons and to position themselves as the outliers should the media come calling.

• Upvote 12

5 minutes ago, patsymae said:

I wonder if Jill and Derrick cooperated with the upcoming documentary. I can see them wanting to do that both for emotional reasons and to position themselves as the outliers should the media come calling.

Didn’t they also hint at writing a book?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, patsymae said:

I can't see any of the kids making media money, outside of their narrow niche, unless they do a tell-all and go on the circuit. I suspect Jeremy is spitting blood on how his attempt to make money being a "break out star from 19 Kids and Counting" worked out.

We can only hope that his failure to achieve fame through the connection does not hurt the way he views Jinger.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Freejin said:

Didn’t they also hint at writing a book?

I thought it was a bit more than a hint.

Probably makes sense for them to time things to coordinate with the documentary release when interest is likely to peak.  Last I heard that was going to be around early 2023.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Probably makes sense for them to time things to coordinate with the documentary release when interest is likely to peak.  Last I heard that was going to be around early 2023.  

I. Can. Not. Wait. 

2 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

I wonder how deep the book will go? Will Jill completely tell all?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Freejin said:

I wonder how deep the book will go? Will Jill completely tell all?

It's a good question.  I'm sure Derick would encourage her to, seeing how much he despises Jim Bob, but I'm not sure what sort of relationship Jill has with her mother and whether this might cause her to hold back.

• Upvote 3

The Amazon doc is on IBLP... so while I'm sure the Duggars will be discussed, they'll focus on Gothard, Bateses, Paines, and other affiliated families as well.

I doubt Derick is going to deliver on his tell-a-few tidbits now that he has an actual job.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I see Smuggar being locked up for most of 30 years. 12 years of prison can certainly change a man, but I honestly don't see Joshly being humbled or changed at all--not in terms of self-examination or changing anything about himself. I see him leaving as convinced as ever that he was screwed by the system, and he's smarter than everyone else and devising ways to continue doing what he likes to do while evading surveillance. Dude totally believes he has the expertise to fool some of the best computer experts in the world. So after he gets released he'll be back in the clink within a year.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

So if (when) Joshley violates parole, does he go back to prison for the rest of the 20 years of parole? 

• Upvote 9

With Josh’s conviction and sentence done, I hope the Dillards settle into the next phase of their life moving to a new city, a new home, a new job for Derik and a new baby soon.  Interesting how the timing of all that worked out with the trial over and them moving on. I hope they worry less about social media and enjoy having money and raising a family. This is not the time for a tell-all book. Why bring additional stress and scrutiny to yourself when you’re establishing a career and raising small children. Dealing with the fall out from all-things-Josh has already consumed so much of their lives. They need a break from it.

I think Derik teased about a book to put the scare in JB, to mess with his head. Now that justice is finally being served and the facts about Josh have been made public record in a court of law, the need to write book might not be so pressing to the Dillards. Their truth is out there now.

Projecting what will happen upon Josh’s release from prison doesn’t interest me. Who the hell knows. That is such a far off time and a gazillion variables will change and we don’t know how or in what way. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 15

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Because Katie Joy says the M7 could have been SA.

She says (and this I kinda agree) in order to download the CSAM, you need to upload some original material to prove you aren’t a cop. 

I hate that I know this but alas, there are some true crime podcasts I just never put down. Anyway. 

This is both true and not true. The weird thing about CSAM is that a large majority of it is in recirculation. It's not new. There is very rarely new content. This is how Torrential Downpour, the program that caught Josh, works. It only looks for known files. It's effective because they know most of these files. It wouldn't catch any new material, though. Torrential Downpour can't look at the content of the files like a human can, it only knows the data of the file, so it can't make a wide scan and be like "Whoa new illegal material!" (As a side note, if you could make a piece of software that could do that, you'd be swimming in cash because last I checked, the software meant to detect nude images still gets tripped up by pictures of sand dunes and naked mole rats.)

So, to get old stuff, you don't need to trade. It's all already indexed on the Dark Web and there was evidence presented that Josh looked up those particular Dark Web sites, which you'd need to, because Dark Web URLs look like a cat walked over a keyboard. There's a clear path there, and no such path indicating that he was part of any circle of traders.

To get new stuff is....a different story and you do need to trade. This is covered in Hunting Warhead, podcast often cited since the news dropped.  Josh was not getting material, according to any evidence, via these kinds of channels. He was downloaded pre-collected Torrent files. The Feds are aware of this and they will (and have) honeypot people over it and even had gained permission from some victims to use files to complete honeypots this way. 

We can't say for sure Josh never produced anything but given all the evidence, it's very unlikely. It's more likely he was Torrenting without encryption and then putting it onto a thumb drive and deleting the evidence left on the HP desktop. 

KJ needs to get it together. Esp when people rightly point out when M7 was born. 

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 22

27 minutes ago, Antimony said:

I hate that I know this but alas, there are some true crime podcasts I just never put down. Anyway. 

This is both true and not true. The weird thing about CSAM is that a large majority of it is in recirculation. It's not new. There is very rarely new content. This is how Torrential Downpour, the program that caught Josh, works. It only looks for known files. It's effective because they know most of these files. It wouldn't catch any new material, though. Torrential Downpour can't look at the content of the files like a human can, it only knows the data of the file, so it can't make a wide scan and be like "Whoa new illegal material!" (As a side note, if you could make a piece of software that could do that, you'd be swimming in cash because last I checked, the software meant to detect nude images still gets tripped up by pictures of sand dunes and naked mole rats.)

So, to get old stuff, you don't need to trade. It's all already indexed on the Dark Web and there was evidence presented that Josh looked up those particular Dark Web sites, which you'd need to, because Dark Web URLs look like a cat walked over a keyboard. There's a clear path there, and no such path indicating that he was part of any circle of traders.

To get new stuff is....a different story and you do need to trade. This is covered in Hunting Warhead, podcast often cited since the news dropped.  Josh was not getting material, according to any evidence, via these kinds of channels. He was downloaded pre-collected Torrent files. The Feds are aware of this and they will (and have) honeypot people over it and even had gained permission from some victims to use files to complete honeypots this way. 

We can't say for sure Josh never produced anything but given all the evidence, it's very unlikely. It's more likely he was Torrenting without encryption and then putting it onto a thumb drive and deleting the evidence left on the HP desktop. 

KJ needs to get it together. Esp when people rightly point out when M7 was born. 

thanks for all that 

I am glad they caught him before (hopefully) he got into all that because he is a scum bucket that I could totally see escalating to that and thankfully I think the judge can see it too, hence the massive restrictions upon his release.

Anna does not know how much her children have been saved 

• Upvote 12

I sincerely hope none of the M kids were abused. That’s the last thing anyone needs.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

5 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I sincerely hope none of the M kids were abused. That’s the last thing anyone needs.

your prayers to rufus's ears. Holy hell they have enough garbage in their poor little lives. I would not wish that on anyone 

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic