IGNORED

Josh and Anna 53: 151 Month Sentence

Coconut Flan

From every FJ’s lips to The Feds’ Ears…please look at this entire enterprise every which way to Sunday. Rufus Bless!

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 6

4 hours ago, Cam said:

I’m hearing moms teach it to daughters and sons and baby deer, but not hearing that it’s something dads teach.

Funny—my dad used to say that all the time, but my mother never did.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, FunDieDumDum said:

Maybe so.

And here’s yet another, newly-created LLC (March of this year), Homefield Properties, with Travis Story as an agent. The name seems to ring a bell somehow but I don’t know who that is. They’ve definitely shifted a lot of assets to her, but of course always keeping someone with a penis closely involved. 🤬

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_ar/811359904

Whoa, good find! That's the lawyer Josh has been using I think. So it could be perfectly legit....or a way to creatively pay the lawyer bills.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

Both my parents would tell us « if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all », although I remember it mostly being in the context of commenting on food, or someone’s clothing/appearance or an event of some sort.  Then again as TCK’s we went to a lot of events and meals and different places, and both my parents wanted us to know how to be gracious and polite. Honestly, I’m glad we learned those manners. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

McCandless is free to think what he does about Gelfand (defense) but I do think his snide comments undermine his article. Everyone is entitled to a fair trial with a vigorous defense in our country, and although you can certainly argue that doesn't always happen it SHOULD. The fact that Josh is a sick sob doesn't negate his rights, and there do have to be people who defend these cases.

And I'm pretty sure Travis Story is part of the defense.

• Upvote 11

I thought McCandless posted a “strictly the facts” article and then came out with this more detailed timeline supplement which included personal observations. For me, the comments he added from his perspective were interesting. I wouldn’t take it to be the only true account of how things transpired—he was one of many in court that day. But I like reading his opinions about the judge, attorneys, etc. I’d like to read Anna Darling’s personal take, too.

Every time I see Gelfand I read gg-elf-land. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Exactly. I don’t believe for a second Josh giving the woman $2000 a month or helping anybody else was done out of the goodness of his heart. He probably learned a lot of “technically legal but definitely not ethical” stuff from JB. (In addition to being a sadistic pedophile) But I’m certain JB’s done illegal things, too, and simply hasn’t been caught yet. 

I don't believe for a second that the $2000 a month was above board either, but I also don't think Josh was responsible for the donation. I think JB is pulling ALL the financial strings for many of his kids, most especially Josh. All those LLCs have been masterminded by JB and his financial/legal team. 

I think there are varying degrees of being under JB's financial thumb, with Jill and Derek at the top of 'not at all', and a few of the married daughters following close behind with minimal support. Josh, though? If he had property in his name, it's because his father put it there with the intention of controlling it and him. And the only reason JB would put assets into someone else's name would be to cheat the system somehow, tax or otherwise.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 10

Whoa, now that I think about this whole thing a bit more, all these LLC’s being created in Anna’s name is actually a bit worrying. I seriously doubt she is well-versed in the details of all the documents she signed for the creation of these companies. But she should be, because as soon as all this stuff is in her name, as far as I can discern it’s her risk if something isn’t kosher, not the Boob’s.

Case in point, a copy/paste of one passage from the following link: https://www.legalnature.com/guides/the-role-of-an-incorporator-or-organizer-in-business-formation

Why Are Organizers and Incorporators Important?

Organizers and incorporators do not exist to merely provide a signature. While their signature paves the path to recognition from the state, it represents so much more.

Incorporators closely analyze articles of incorporation (or organization) and other key legal documents. They only sign once they feel fully confident that the information contained therein is true. Their expertise allows them to catch compliance issues or other easy-to-miss problems. This is a huge responsibility—and it should not be entrusted to just anybody.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

I was thinking that there are a lot of ways to evade taxes and launder money using car lots and real estate.

Yes, and the movie Fargo illustrates some of them! One of my all time favorite movies.

17 minutes ago, FunDieDumDum said:

all these LLC’s being created in Anna’s name is actually a bit worrying. I seriously doubt she is well-versed in the details of all the documents she signed for the creation of these companies.

Re: Annaʻs new LLCs. Iʻd guess people are busily moving assets to Annaʻs name so they canʻt be tapped to pay the $50K fine or other expenses. I doubt she actually runs any of these things.

• Upvote 12

2 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Re: Annaʻs new LLCs. Iʻd guess people are busily moving assets to Annaʻs name so they canʻt be tapped to pay the $50K fine or other expenses. I doubt she actually runs any of these things.

I’m sure she doesn’t run any of them, but that’s not the point…regardless of how disengaged or unaware she is of it all, once it’s in her name and she’s signed on the dotted line, she is legally responsible. And if something wasn’t done legally, unless my understanding is off she is accountable for it.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, Cam said:

I’m hearing moms teach it to daughters and sons and baby deer, but not hearing that it’s something dads teach.

I loved Steel Magnolias which surprised me as it’s generally not my type of movie. Fabulous ensemble, writing and acting. Love the “ …come sit by me” line. Just in the past few years did I learn the movie was based on a true story which blew me away. 

Not baby deer,  rabbits.  Thumper was a boy rabbit. 😉

Fathers aren’t generally as involved as mothers in telling kids, of either sex, how to behave “socially.”   But yeah, a father might not be as likely to tell a son to shut up if he has nothing nice to say.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Not baby deer,  rabbits.  Thumper was a boy rabbit. 😉

Awww, yes; adorable Thumper. Ty for the correction.

A792EDF8-849C-4B34-B0CD-C3FBFE0B79D5.jpeg

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 2

Even though we are all adults in my family we still say the Thumper quote. My dad says it more than my mom. He is the one that generally taught it to us.

• Upvote 4

It’s not a philosophy that works for me or that I taught my kids or grandkids. I see much good in many people and do my best to live in harmony with others but have no problem saying un-nice things about people if it’s warranted.  

• Upvote 7

I guess one "good" thing about all these new LLC's is they seem to have accepted their golden son/husband really is going to be jailed for several years. 

• I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Cam said:

It’s not a philosophy that works for me or that I taught my kids or grandkids. I see much good in many people and do my best to live in harmony with others but have no problem saying un-nice things about people if it’s warranted.  

I think it depends on the situation.

A little kid needs to be taught not to say, “You are ugly” or “Your cooking is disgusting,” even if it is the truth.   And if your friend shows you her hideous engagement ring you are supposed to say, “I bet you are very happy,” rather than “Oh my God, what a horrible, cheap rock!”

There is no need to extend this to not telling truths that must be said, or to allow yourself to be brow-beaten because defending yourself would not “be nice.”

My brother and I are great snarkers, but we would not snark to someone’s face unless the person deserved it for either being evil or rude or both.

So I guess “don’t say anything if you have nothing nice to say” is definitely a situational rule. 

• Upvote 31
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

Wouldn’t it be a great twist if Anna convinced all these people to put all these LLCs and properties in her name under presence of protecting it and and then as soon as it’s all in her name she leaves josh and takes all their assets with her? 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

It sounds like such a catty comment but I just don't know how Anna could be sharp enough to seriously manipulate another adult over this.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

It sounds like such a catty comment but I just don't know how Anna could be sharp enough to seriously manipulate another adult over this.

Manipulation doesn’t always require intelligence, just awareness of what buttons to push. Anna probably knows a lot of the buttons that work in her community, plus she seems to be very persistent.

• Upvote 11

I remember hearing the “if you can’t say anything nice” comment a fair bit as a child but it wasn’t supposed to mean don’t stand up for yourself. I also had the mother who marched into the school complaining about how I was made to play netball while the boys played soccer. She wasn’t rude about things but she didn’t roll over and accept them either.

At a school I taught at the deputy had a sign in her office that said “before you speak, THINK: is it True, is it Helpful, is it Important, is it Necessary, is it Kind?” I feel like the first 4 letters, at least, are a good litmus test.

• Upvote 19

I was definitely conditioned socially to be polite and mannerly altho the phrase “if you can’t say something nice don’t say anything” wasn’t specifically taught to me. I know all the tricks of finding nice things to say in awkward situations, like if someone’s outfit looks hideous find something redeeming to say like, “I love the color”. Or if god awful food is served: “thanks for spending the time to make dinner.” 

I dislike when others laugh about and excuse someone who’s blunt and says exactly what’s on their mind the minute they think it by saying, “Oh, she/he’s so funny! They have no filter!” To me, having no filter seems like an excuse to be rude, an excuse for never thinking before you speak. It gets obnoxious and can sometimes come across as bullying. While I can appreciate honesty, I do prefer some refinement. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 11

I’m considered very honest by most people who know me best. And it’s not always “nice.” But it’s the truth as I perceive it and do try to be respectful in my wording. My best friend was seeing a guy and I flat out told her when I believed he was being manipulative and emotionally abusive. It wasn’t nice. But most people don’t come to me for a nice opinion. 

• Upvote 12

There's speaking the truth in love (to use a bible phrase) and then there's being an asshole and excusing it as honesty. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m considered very honest by most people who know me best. And it’s not always “nice.” But it’s the truth as I perceive it and do try to be respectful in my wording. My best friend was seeing a guy and I flat out told her when I believed he was being manipulative and emotionally abusive. It wasn’t nice. But most people don’t come to me for a nice opinion. 

It’s obvious you had your friend’s best interest in mind. Usually my approach to hard topics is using the good old “sandwich” method, saying a positive thing then the you-might-not-like-to-hear-this-but it-needs-to-be-said comment in the middle and then finishing with something positive. These kinds of talks with loved one often begin with, “First, I love you, you mean a lot to me, but there’s something I have to say…”, words to that effect. 

One of my in-law’s is a supervisor who had to tell a young woman employee she needed to use antiperspirant (others were complaining of her odor). I asked the in-law “how do you begin that conversation” and she said she had her come to her office and started with, “You and I are going to sit down and have a conversation that neither one of us wants to have.” In-law has great people skills and the young woman was very receptive. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 22

I had a thought last night ( insomnia), how come last week at sentencing ( and maybe during the trial too) David Waller appeared to be JB’s support system, file carrier and most recently driver. JB has a plethora of adult sons and were any of them called upon? Did they refuse? For all the shit they’ve coerced their daughters into doing from giving blood for Josie, to mothering and the Megyn Kelly interview (Jessa and Jill), I’m surprised JB didn’t force one of his sons to be a physical support- ALL those people and he was a lone man on sentencing day. Sort of shows you what they all must think of him.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic