IGNORED

Josh and Anna 53: 151 Month Sentence

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

PP’s group are usually the only ones who actually air their dirty laundry and say who they hate. Most other fundie group plaster a fake smile on their faces and pretend. I guess that’s the one and only good thing in PP’s cult. They don’t pretend they like other fundies. They just put it on blast like they are in Jr High. 

I work with someone who belongs to a church that sounds quite a bit like what I know of their group. He's broadly a good person, but also at times incredibly selfish and negative. As someone who grew up being taught to be "good for goodness' sake" I find it pretty bewildering. 

But I am here for the chaos. 🙂

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, backyard sylph said:

I work with someone who belongs to a church that sounds quite a bit like what I know of their group. He's broadly a good person, but also at times incredibly selfish and negative. As someone who grew up being taught to be "good for goodness' sake" I find it pretty bewildering. 

But I am here for the chaos. 🙂

I grew up with a religious mother who loved to say, “if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.” Fuck that. I try to be polite and respectful. But not everything I say is “nice.” That’s for damn sure. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

The Duggar brand is over. Jim Bob is probably still delusional, but no one is going to buy his wholesome family act anymore. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 14

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I grew up with a religious mother who loved to say, “if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.” Fuck that. I try to be polite and respectful. But not everything I say is “nice.” That’s for damn sure. 

This is social conditioning of women to keep sweet. I wonder how many fathers go around telling their sons “if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.” There’s a meme that says “teach girls to prioritize being safe over being nice.” Society does girls and women no favors by trying to keep them meek and compliant.

I find it so very hard to understand how any family or friends supporting Josh do not ask themselves how they’d feel if it were one of their children or relatives that was a victim of the csam that Josh downloaded and viewed. How could Anna birth seven children and not have one ounce of compassion for the victims? What about Meech? Surely all the Duggar siblings who are married with kids have to look at their offspring and think how they’d feel if something that awful, that ungodly, befell any one of them. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 18

8 minutes ago, Cam said:

This is social conditioning of women to keep sweet. I wonder how many fathers go around telling their sons “if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.” There’s a meme that says “teach girls to prioritize being safe over being nice.” Society does girls and women no favors by trying to keep them meek and compliant.

I find it so very hard to understand how any family or friends supporting Josh do not ask themselves how they’d feel if it were one of their children or relatives that was a victim of the csam that Josh downloaded and viewed. How could Anna birth seven children and not have one ounce of compassion for the victims? What about Meech? Surely all the Duggar siblings who are married with kids have to look at their offspring and think how they’d feel if something that awful, that ungodly, befell any one of them. 

Oh I agree it’s social conditioning and she endured it as well. She was conditioned and she tried to condition me. But it didn’t work 😈 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ha! Yes, I do remember weird things about fundies! What’s crazy is that there is another Clark daughter married to a Weeks boy. But they seem to be very liberal (for a couple raised fundie)! It’s weird to me because one Clark/Weeks couple went crazy NIFB and the other went more liberal. 

I can’t edit. I meant Clark Wilson’s daughter. Not Clark. Sorry for any confusion. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh PP and Zoo have hated the Duggars for a long while. Zoo hates the Pearls too. 

Of course, Zoo hates everybody. Hate is what gets the PP's up in the morning and keeps them going all day, until they lay themselves down at night for sweet dreams of vengeance. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

A very good substack article on Josh Duggar's sentencing hearing by Arkansas reporter CC McCandless. He uses more colorful language and provides details that could not be included in the articles he wrote for the newspaper.

Unfortunately, there is one short part that needs a content warning because the judge in the case mentioned that he couldn't get the image out of his mind. 

https://ccmcc.substack.com/p/sentencing-day?s=r

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 19

11 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

A very good substack article on Josh Duggar's sentencing hearing by Arkansas reporter CC McCandless. He uses more colorful language and provides details that could not be included in the articles he wrote for the newspaper.

Unfortunately, there is one short part that needs a content warning because the judge in the case mentioned that he couldn't get the image out of his mind. 

https://ccmcc.substack.com/p/sentencing-day?s=r

Oh my goodness, he must be a regular fundie snarker! He says, "praise Lord Daniel" -- that's totally a JillRod reference!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, Sister Mozz said:

Oh my goodness, he must be a regular fundie snarker! He says, "praise Lord Daniel" -- that's totally a JillRod reference!

He's on the reddit r/DuggarSnark board.  

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, Cam said:

I don’t disagree, but the first time I heard the phrase was when Thumper’s mother in Bambi said it to him.  And Thumper is a boy.

My mom said it sometimes to both my brother and me when we were being mean about someone else or each other, but it was mostly quoting Bambi.  In fact, she would sometimes call the offender, “Thumper.” And you knew what followed.

I am just saying that the expectation that you should not be gratuitously nasty to people is there for boys in civilized families.  What was more important in my family is that we were both encouraged to stand up for ourselves.

The problem is when girls are encouraged to be “nice” at the expense of their own feelings and needs.

• Upvote 18

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Or that great line from Steel Magnolias: "If you can't say anything nice, come sit by me..."

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 16
  • Love 7

27 minutes ago, Whydon'ttheyspeakintongues said:

Or that great line from Steel Magnolias: "If you can't say anything nice, come sit by me..."

Literally the best movie ever!!! 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Whydon'ttheyspeakintongues said:

Steel Magnolias stole this from Teddy Roosevelt’s daughter, Alice Longworth. She actually had it embroidered on a cushion.   It’s definitely a great line.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 6

10 hours ago, Cam said:

My mom taught that to both my brother and me. I think it’s a good rule to live by. Don’t be a dick and don’t comment if it’s not nice. 

• Upvote 8
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

Steel Magnolias stole this from Teddy Roosevelt’s daughter, Alice Longworth. She actually had it embroidered on a cushion.   It’s definitely a great line.

Now I need this embroidered on a pillow as well! 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all

I’m hearing moms teach it to daughters and sons and baby deer, but not hearing that it’s something dads teach.

I loved Steel Magnolias which surprised me as it’s generally not my type of movie. Fabulous ensemble, writing and acting. Love the “ …come sit by me” line. Just in the past few years did I learn the movie was based on a true story which blew me away. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 5

Now that we know that only Jill and Jason have made statements, I think the fact that jason said anything is even more impressive. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 3

29 minutes ago, Freejin said:

Now that we know that only Jill and Jason have made statements, I think the fact that jason said anything is even more impressive. 

Makes me wonder if Jason has left the compound and the Duggar circus? He absolutely could have and we’d have no way of knowing it. If so, that would be a first - an unmarried Duggar defying JB and breaking away.

• Upvote 11

11 minutes ago, FunDieDumDum said:

Makes me wonder if Jason has left the compound and the Duggar circus? He absolutely could have and we’d have no way of knowing it. If so, that would be a first - an unmarried Duggar defying JB and breaking away.

Maybe his living in the treehouse gave him some time to think 😂

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 18

Apologies if someone already mentioned this and I missed it, but I was wondering about LLC’s and property/other assets in Anna’s name, and came across a recent development.

Soli Deo Gloria LLC is registered in Anna’s name, with Western Ridge Financial LLC as an Incorporator/Organizer. Western Ridge, in turn, is an Incorporator/Organizer of Ravenglass North LLC…and just this spring (sometime between Feb 9th and May 17th) one Lacount Reber was made an agent of Ravenglass. So it seems he’s in some manner overseeing (controlling?) Anna’s financial interests.

edit to add links, which I forgot:

https://www.bizapedia.com/ar/soli-deo-gloria-llc.html

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_ar/811253762

Edited by FunDieDumDum
  • Upvote 6
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 4

1 minute ago, FunDieDumDum said:

Apologies if someone already mentioned this and I missed it, but I was wondering about LLC’s and property/other assets in Anna’s name, and came across a recent development.

Soli Deo Gloria LLC is registered in Anna’s name, with Western Ridge Financial LLC as an Incorporator/Organizer. Western Ridge, in turn, is an Incorporator/Organizer of Ravenglass North LLC…and just this spring (sometime between Feb 9th and May 17th) one Lacount Reber was made an agent of Ravenglass. So it seems he’s in some manner overseeing (controlling?) Anna’s financial interests.

Or is it a way to shovel a little money in Lacount Reber's direction: a little quid pro quo for services rendered?

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

Just now, FiveAcres said:

Or is it a way to shovel a little money in Lacount Reber's direction: a little quid pro quo for services rendered?

Maybe so.

And here’s yet another, newly-created LLC (March of this year), Homefield Properties, with Travis Story as an agent. The name seems to ring a bell somehow but I don’t know who that is. They’ve definitely shifted a lot of assets to her, but of course always keeping someone with a penis closely involved. 🤬

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_ar/811359904

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 2

Wow. JB needs to be careful. The feds may get curious and start looking at his finances a bit closer. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Wow. JB needs to be careful. The feds may get curious and start looking at his finances a bit closer. 

I wonder. Yesterday, I was thinking that there are a lot of ways to evade taxes and launder money using car lots and real estate. I wonder how many times Josh said "Hey, that old clunker has a lot of body damage. Give me $2000 cash and let me give you a receipt that you paid $1000 for it." 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

11 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I wonder. Yesterday, I was thinking that there are a lot of ways to evade taxes and launder money using car lots and real estate. I wonder how many times Josh said "Hey, that old clunker has a lot of body damage. Give me $2000 cash and let me give you a receipt that you paid $1000 for it." 

Exactly. I don’t believe for a second Josh giving the woman $2000 a month or helping anybody else was done out of the goodness of his heart. He probably learned a lot of “technically legal but definitely not ethical” stuff from JB. (In addition to being a sadistic pedophile) But I’m certain JB’s done illegal things, too, and simply hasn’t been caught yet. 

• Upvote 22

• Coconut Flan locked this topic