IGNORED

Josh and Anna 53: 151 Month Sentence

Coconut Flan

48 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Like you, I have only been involved in churches that require leadership to be extremely educated and widely experienced (RCC and UU). I wonder if the IFB and those associated are willing to let fairly uneducated and inexperienced people preach because at the very core, these groups only go to services to learn a bit more about the meaning of scriptures?  I don’t think they are going for spiritually or to gain insight on how to best communicate, be in relationships, navigate an ever changing world or make the world a better place. It sounds to me that these services are like story time at the Library where you go for some entertainment. I’m not sure how all those fire and brimstone sermons get woven in-

The fire and brimstone are what these people live for. Their faith is built on fear and is fragile (hence the "separation" bullshit). My pastor has an MDiv and a Master's in public health. He has had to not only learn Greek and Hebrew well enough to speak it, but he has had to take classes and CE credits in things like counseling, developing spirituality, shepherding the flock, etc. It ain't one of those "Oh gee, i'm called to preach so I'll start a church" deals. I think the General Conference is meeting this week and the big topic of discussion is ordaining women to pastoral ministry. 

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Josh got a significantly longer sentence from this judge than other perps looking at the same or similar material. His sentences are generally in the 6 to 7 years for first time offenders. Arguably the extra time was because of the molestations; the judge clearly indicated this. But considering the pretty large gap in time (about 16 years?) and the fact that he was a kid, I do wonder if the judge was also thinking about Josh's kids, even in the absence of indication that any harm has come to them.   

Unsubstantiated, but there have been rumors that Anna refused to present her kids for any kind of interviews. Could this have caused the judge to wonder if she/they were hiding something and consequently raised serious concerns for him? I don't think this is something he could/would verbalize, but if I were a judge I'd have a hard time separating out my concerns for Josh's kids from his known crimes, especially if there was no cooperation from the mother. 

Ironically, the fact that the Duggars did not properly deal with the juvenile offenses also set Josh up for a longer sentence. If he had been charged criminally with the original sexual offenses, his records would have been sealed upon turning 18 and might not have been able to be used "against" him in future proceedings. So not only did they not get him the proper treatment that he needed which may have contributed to him re-offending. But they allowed the material to be used against him at a later time. 

• Upvote 30
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

25 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

Ironically, the fact that the Duggars did not properly deal with the juvenile offenses also set Josh up for a longer sentence. If he had been charged criminally with the original sexual offenses, his records would have been sealed upon turning 18 and might not have been able to be used "against" him in future proceedings. So not only did they not get him the proper treatment that he needed which may have contributed to him re-offending. But they allowed the material to be used against him at a later time. 

100%. This is one of the many ironic pieces to this case.

JimBob parents out of fear, Michelle seems to parent out of guilt. Either approach rarely ends well.

• Upvote 13

3 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

In regards to whether the children had any sort of CPS or forensic interview it's very possible. In a lot of the CSAM cases we've dealt with during the course of the investigation, if it is determined that the alleged offender has minor children in his/her care, a hotline report will be filed and CPS will do at least initial interviews to determine any possibility of sexual abuse. 

However, I will say, that most of the offenders I've dealt with who are CSAM offenders, do not perpetrate on their children. But due to Josh's history with the sisters, I would say he's at a higher risk to commit offenses than most internet predator's. 

That's good to know. I would think that any possession of CSAM would automatically trigger at least a check from CPS. It just makes sense, IMO.

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder if the IFB and those associated are willing to let fairly uneducated and inexperienced people preach because at the very core, these groups only go to services to learn a bit more about the meaning of scriptures?  

LOL!

They are going to services because the Bible says to. They are afraid if they don't go, God will get mad, and they will go to hell. That's it. Literally anyone with a penis in his pants and a bible in his hand could go up there and preach, as long as he's not blatantly blasphemous they'll have checked off their "attend church" box on the week's list of "What to do to go to Heaven when you die" and all is good. 

Brother Gary is pretty blatant about it. I'm sure he can tell plenty of stories about people who chose to skip church for whatever reason and got struck down somehow. And he likes to imagine that the rapture will happen during church time, so the WORLD won't even know about it until they notice all the cars still in the church parking lot hours later. (I imagine the shorter lines at KFC and the less wait for a table at restaurants for lunch might also clue them in...)

Their butt is in their pew every Sunday (and heaven help you if, as a visitor, you accidentally sit in THEIR spot). Also likely Sunday evening service and Wednesday prayer meeting. Check, check, check... Whew. Didn't piss God off this week. 

It's likely a vast majority of them aren't even paying much attention to the pastor's words. The rhythm, bits here and there, just enough to nod and say "amen" at the right time, but not much else. The sermons are largely the same, anyway. Heaven good, Hell bad. Read Bible. Pray lots. Put some money in the offering plate. Follow the rules as the pastor has set them out, and go to heaven. Becky come to the piano...

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 14
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

I don't think it could have been used against him if things had been handled properly.

From failing to protect or help their daughters to setting Josh up to be the total criminal loser he grew up to be, the Duggars have shown themselves to be absolutely god-awful parents. And this is just the stuff we know about.  I have no doubt we'll learn many more terrible things about Michelle and Jim Bob in the coming years.

I wonder if Jim Bob regrets the reality show now.  Or having about 15 more kids than they were capable of handling.       

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

I don't think it could have been used against him if things had been handled properly.

From failing to protect or help their daughters to setting Josh up to be the total criminal loser he grew up to be, the Duggars have shown themselves to be absolutely god-awful parents. And this is just the stuff we know about.  I have no doubt we'll learn many more terrible things about Michelle and Jim Bob in the coming years.

I wonder if Jim Bob regrets the reality show now.  Or having about 15 more kids than they were capable of handling.       

Nah…show= money

more kids = who cares. They didn’t do anything with or for them except use the Bible as a weapon and shame/control them.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 5/25/2022 at 6:42 PM, JDuggs said:

I wonder if Josh will have any opportunities to pursue higher education while he’s serving time. I don’t see any changes for Anna and the kids. I think they’ll continue to live in the warehouse and Anna will continue to homeschool the kids. She won’t work outside the home or pursue a divorce.

I'm betting he comes out with the law degree he wanted. 😤

Jack Schaap received 12 years and only served 9. Madyson may still be under 10 when Josh gets out. She'd be safer if she were in her teens (yes, I know he's already not supposed to have unsupervised access to his kids but do we trust the Duggars to follow that ruling if no one is there making them?)

6 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

She's not that smart, god bless her, but I wish she were. I would love to see JB's face as she peels out, with the Grandkids and all the assets and off into the sunset. 

I don’t get this. I understand JB handled absolutely everything regarding Josh badly - most particularly throwing his daughters under the bus in his quest to protect him, and being a generally controlling, overbearing jerk. But he seems to have - at least at one point- believed he was getting him some sort of treatment and consequences that would fix him. And it’s his son. WTF is Anna’s excuse? She’s not a parent struggling with a bad apple/ disturbed/ evil / sociopathic child. She’s a grown woman who is repeatedly and loudly defending her pedo husband. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

I don’t get this. I understand JB handled absolutely everything regarding Josh badly - most particularly throwing his daughters under the bus in his quest to protect him, and being a generally controlling, overbearing jerk. But he seems to have - at least at one point- believed he was getting him some sort of treatment and consequences that would fix him. And it’s his son. WTF is Anna’s excuse? She’s not a parent struggling with a bad apple/ disturbed/ evil / sociopathic child. She’s a grown woman who is repeatedly and loudly defending her pedo husband. 

I suspect JB's priority was to get Josh "treatment" through people he trusted to keep things quiet vs. finding the best program to help Josh and protect the girls.

No idea what's up with Anna but I always wonder whether JB has some influence on her public postures.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, feministxtian said:

The fire and brimstone are what these people live for. Their faith is built on fear and is fragile (hence the "separation" bullshit). My pastor has an MDiv and a Master's in public health. He has had to not only learn Greek and Hebrew well enough to speak it, but he has had to take classes and CE credits in things like counseling, developing spirituality, shepherding the flock, etc. It ain't one of those "Oh gee, i'm called to preach so I'll start a church" deals. I think the General Conference is meeting this week and the big topic of discussion is ordaining women to pastoral ministry. 

I lived in a small city where there were a ton of storefront churches with pastors who had no training, and frankly, some were barely literate. Which would be fine--if your religion emphasizes the spirit rather than learning, so be it--if they had also believed in the separation of church and state and not used their position as pastors to try and run the school board, the city (did you know the Bible specifically prohibits zoning laws?), other people's personal lives, etc. Like the Amish choose their preachers by lot but since they only want to control their own congregations and not the whole effing world it's none of my business.These folks use their exalted --in their own minds -- positions as a weapon, and IMO that's the problem.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

I don’t get this. I understand JB handled absolutely everything regarding Josh badly - most particularly throwing his daughters under the bus in his quest to protect him, and being a generally controlling, overbearing jerk. But he seems to have - at least at one point- believed he was getting him some sort of treatment and consequences that would fix him. And it’s his son. WTF is Anna’s excuse? She's not a parent struggling with a bad apple/ disturbed/ evil / sociopathic child. She’s a grown woman who is repeatedly and loudly defending her pedo husband. 

I give Anna no passes. She has siblings who lead relatively normal lives and have made themselves available to her. She lived in Washington, DC and had access to educated people who lived productive, if politcally abhorent, lives. She traveled to  other countries where even she would have to notice there are other ways of living. But she loves being a Duggar and loved being a "star" and crown princess to the future empire. I think she's an arrogant twat who, like JB, is not pissed at what Joshua did but that the publicity--and eventual legal action -- about it has tarnished her crown and destoyed her dream of presiding over the Evil Empire. Now being worshipped by her children, as Michele was once upon a time and still is by some I guess (Jana, the littles?), is her only narcissistic supply left. 

I hope some of the uncles (because the women don't count) like Austin and the one who went to court with Joy (Jed?) take an active interest in these kids and can get them to see that some things aren't right.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

39 minutes ago, patsymae said:

I hope some of the uncles (because the women don't count) like Austin and the one who went to court with Joy (Jed?) take an active interest in these kids and can get them to see that some things aren't right.

I would like this too, but I'll bet Anna has nothing to do with family members who have openly acknowledged Josh's guilt.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 13

8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Like you, I have only been involved in churches that require leadership to be extremely educated and widely experienced (RCC and UU). I wonder if the IFB and those associated are willing to let fairly uneducated and inexperienced people preach because at the very core, these groups only go to services to learn a bit more about the meaning of scriptures?  I don’t think they are going for spiritually or to gain insight on how to best communicate, be in relationships, navigate an ever changing world or make the world a better place. It sounds to me that these services are like story time at the Library where you go for some entertainment. I’m not sure how all those fire and brimstone sermons get woven in-

A lot of the people we are discussing are downright suspicious of education. They probably prefer a preacher who doesn’t know too much more than they do. Ignorance is next to holiness.😉

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

@nolongerIFBx it wouldn't matter if he got a law degree. He would not pass the good moral standing litmus test.

I have a friend who got a DUI in vet school and she had to write a letter to the state board apologizing and condemning her past action to be granted a license.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

10 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Josh is gone. Barring some sort of currently unforeseen change in his sentence, he will not be out of prison until around 2032 or early 2033. Josh, Anna and the kids are going to be different people in different places in 2033.  My guess is that whether it's a pen pal prison girlfriend or just a desire to start a new life somewhere else, Josh is never coming home to Anna and the kids. And his oldest four kids will all be adults in 2033.

Anna isn't smart, but she isn't stupid either. At some point during the next decade she'll probably come to realize this.  If she's as calculating as I think she may be, JB may well watch her peel out one day.   

I tend to disagree with this to some extent. Josh may want to run away and have all those things 

He also may have very little resources to do so and don't forget he is bound by very tight parole conditions that will make it hard for him to live anywhere.

Josh is going to take the easy road to getting out and meeting his parole conditions and that includes his family paving the way for his release by setting up his accommodation, employment (possible) and money situation.  

Unless he can find a chicky babe stupid and financial enough to do that for him I can see him coming home even if it is temporary (runs off) or breaks parole and goes back to the big house (likely). 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Could someone please explain to me why Amy who isn't even JB and Michelle's spawn can't be on DWTS but Josh who is can molest his sisters, cheat on his wife, and download and watch CSAM?  

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 3

53 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Josh is going to take the easy road to getting out and meeting his parole conditions and that includes his family paving the way for his release by setting up his accommodation, employment (possible) and money situation.  

Unless he can find a chicky babe stupid and financial enough to do that for him I can see him coming home even if it is temporary (runs off) or breaks parole and goes back to the big house (likely). 

Although "coming home" is not necessarily returning to Anna.

I have trouble imaging Anna still living with or being supported by JB and Michelle when most of her kids are grown and they are pushing 70.  But if they're alive, I'm sure they'll financially support their once golden and favorite child without him actually returning to the TTH.  Josh doesn't need Anna to get his 15% time off sentence and it's probably better if he isn't planning on living with his teen and pre-teen daughters and stays away from his likely multitude of nieces upon release. 

A decade is a really long time.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I tend to disagree with this to some extent. Josh may want to run away and have all those things 

He also may have very little resources to do so and don't forget he is bound by very tight parole conditions that will make it hard for him to live anywhere.

I see Josh doing what ever he can to sneak in CSAM when he gets out. He just can’t stay away. 
I also see Anna as doing his bidding. After all her husband is the true authority not the government 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

@nolongerIFBx it wouldn't matter if he got a law degree. He would not pass the good moral standing litmus test.

I have a friend who got a DUI in vet school and she had to write a letter to the state board apologizing and condemning her past action to be granted a license.

I know a person that got her law degree and had to get double the amount of references and jump through far more hoops because she was a former drug addict and had a minor record. She did well until last year or so. She was caught with drugs and her clients testified they could pay her in meth or other drugs. And she would bring some drugs to them in the jail. Very sad so many people stuck their neck out for her and she wasted it. Tells me how strong addiction can be 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 8
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Could someone please explain to me why Amy who isn't even JB and Michelle's spawn can't be on DWTS but Josh who is can molest his sisters, cheat on his wife, and download and watch CSAM?  

HUH? when did FAMY say she was knocked back for Dancing with the Stars?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

I see Josh doing what ever he can to sneak in CSAM when he gets out. He just can’t stay away. 
I also see Anna as doing his bidding. After all her husband is the true authority not the government 

I hope he turns to food. We saw a bit of that when he first got married. If he copes with food he won’t hurt anyone but himself. 

Ideally I’d hope for rehabilitation and mental health but this is Josh Duggar.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

My understanding is that he can't leave the district the court covers until his 20 years (and I think it will be more because he will fuck up) are over. That said, I agree he will have zero interest in Anna, much less his children, and it's actually very likely he will have found a fundie chicke babe stupid enough and financially secure enough to welcome him into her home. It's just not fundie--there's a whole sick world of prisoner groupies out there. Now that I think about it, and not sure it just came into my head (why is this shit in my head?) there was at least one Law and Order episode where a woman welcomed a paroled pedophile into her home, in which there were children, because... 

Josh doesn't give a rat's patoot about Anna. She will be his narcissitic supply while he is lonely in prison, Best she can hope for when he gets paroled (and not able to live in any home where she is with their minor children) is that he will do what he has always done throught their marriage--take out the garbage and occasionally sweep up some crackers while doing everything he can to live a life that she knows nothing about.

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

HUH? when did FAMY say she was knocked back for Dancing with the Stars?

https://okmagazine.com/p/jim-bob-duggar-shuts-down-amy-offer-dwts/

According to The Sun, Jim Bob prevented his niece Amy Duggar from joining the competition dance show, which often has celebrities and pro dancers perform in racy costumes.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

Jim and Bobeye Holt did an interview with the SoJo Files podcast! Just starting it now. Good stuff early on. Example: their home church told JB and Michelle that Josh wasn’t in treatment long enough to have actually gotten treatment. 

Edited by FleeJanaFree
Example
  • Thank You 13
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Jim and Bobeye Holt did an interview with the SoJo Files podcast! Just starting it now. Good stuff early on. Example: their home church told JB and Michelle that Josh wasn’t in treatment long enough to have actually gotten treatment. 

oh awesome will you take one for the team and do a recap pretty please?

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic