IGNORED

Josh and Anna 53: 151 Month Sentence

Coconut Flan

5 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

He sure did! It was basically Josh is a good man and I know this because I’ve done prison ministry for decades so please let him go.

I absolutely believe that His Honor knew exactly where the pro-Josh letter writers were coming from and rolled his eyes with each one. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 11

Michelle: I want to attend the trial and sentencing.

JB: I will not allow it.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

On 5/29/2022 at 12:41 PM, Cam said:

Every time I see Gelfand I read gg-elf-land. 

My brain says "Gelfling". 

On 5/29/2022 at 4:53 PM, FunDieDumDum said:

Whoa, now that I think about this whole thing a bit more, all these LLC’s being created in Anna’s name is actually a bit worrying. I seriously doubt she is well-versed in the details of all the documents she signed for the creation of these companies. But she should be, because as soon as all this stuff is in her name, as far as I can discern it’s her risk if something isn’t kosher, not the Boob’s.

Ding ding ding we have a winner! That's likely, combined with some sort of tax or money sheltering shenanigans, most of the purpose of putting things in Anna's name. Jim Bob wants enough in his name to make him look successful, but little enough not to require him to pay out any money in any way. And not enough for there to be much risk if he gets sued for something or charged with something.

On 5/29/2022 at 9:47 PM, EmCatlyn said:

So I guess “don’t say anything if you have nothing nice to say” is definitely a situational rule. 

I agree, it's a good guideline but like most guidelines there are times to vary from it.

On 5/30/2022 at 11:53 AM, Cam said:

It’s obvious you had your friend’s best interest in mind. Usually my approach to hard topics is using the good old “sandwich” method, saying a positive thing then the you-might-not-like-to-hear-this-but it-needs-to-be-said comment in the middle and then finishing with something positive.

I find this is generally the best way to go about things. 

It's also how I was taught to critique, in college studying art. Start with something positive: "I like the expressiveness of your brush strokes" or "The colors you chose are fantastic." Follow it with the critical stuff (and there can be a LOT of critical stuff...) keeping the critical stuff constructive. So not "wow that face is super janky, the eyes aren't even the same size." but "I think more focus on the facial proportions  would really help improve this composition, as the eyes are the first thing people are drawn to in a painting of a person." or "the horizon seems unlevel, is that deliberate to incite a feeling of disorientation?" or "I think having the brushstrokes follow the contour of the subject would improve this piece significantly." And then follow all that by ending on a positive note, like "Overall I really like the concept of this piece, and I would like to see you develop that further" or "The piece as a whole is very pleasing" or "The concept you are developing is amazing, I look forward to seeing how things develop."

TBH part of majoring in art was learning how to speak like that, LOL! But the concept is good. "I like this thing." followed by "this is what I see that needs work" and later, eventually, when you finally get done listing the flaws, "This is the best part/the things I like most/I think you're headed the right direction" or some other positive thing so the person can focus back on what's going on rather than fuming in their head about the bad stuff you pointed out.

Snarky example. "Lori Alexander has really nice handwriting. Unfortunately she's a horrifically evil lying shrew whose hatefulness permeates everything she does, and the world will be a better place if she loses all access to the internet. Also she needs to brush her damn hair. However, her grandchildren are very cute."

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 30
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

I have been thinking along a similar line as @SassyPants since the trial. Everyone asking why Michelle wasn’t there for Josh/Anna/Joy/herself etc had me wondering why she wasn’t there for JB! If one of my kids was being jailed for a horrific crime and I was in court, I would want my spouse/partner/co-parent there as emotional support for me. To deal with it together.

I'm pretty sure that Michelle would have ended up needing a lot more support than JB, and he knew it, so he chose to go alone.

5 hours ago, Cam said:

Where’s the united front?

I don't see anything they have to gain by displaying a united front now.  Uniformly supporting Josh (IMO) would be a PR disaster and supporting his prison term would beg the question, again, of why his parents didn't prevent his trail of deeds from happening.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I'm pretty sure that Michelle would have ended up needing a lot more support than JB, and he knew it, so he chose to go alone.

I don't see anything they have to gain by displaying a united front now.  Uniformly supporting Josh (IMO) would be a PR disaster and supporting his prison term would beg the question, again, of why his parents didn't prevent his trail of deeds from happening.

So the brand is more important than the family? I missed that part in the Bible.

This family bows at the altar of the green back. 

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 1

I believe one of the kids will "break free" and TLC will offer them their own show where they will expose evils from their childhood and earn a hefty pay check. 

• Upvote 7

I don’t think JB, himself, will ever be given an opportunity to make media money again. One or a group of the kids, maybe, but here’s where the division would hurt JB…if there’s fracturing in the ranks, JB might be SOL with expecting the kids to share potentially earned wealth with the Big House!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

My son grew up surrounded by good people in a safe, positive environment. Still, I wanted him to have an understanding that not everything is fair and some people are shitty. Some parents are overprotective and insist on only framing the good. It doesn’t serve the kids well if they think everyone and everything is always wonderful. Not that I wanted my son to be hypervigilant about it. It was never the main focus. But if someone in good standing in town did something bad, like steal money from a volunteer organization (it happened), I would address it saying something like, “Unfortunately, there are people like that. Most people are not, but some are.” I wouldn’t say, “She stole, but she always made delicious cookies for the bake sale!” If some kid in school got an award without having earned it (nepotism), I said, “Sometimes that’s how it works out.” Because it’s true. 

A teacher who loved my son, was the first to recognize he was academically gifted and always had time to talk to me, lost her job for cheating on the state standardized tests. I was shocked. She wasn’t even fired. She “retired”, getting the $10,000 retirement bonus being offered that year . It was all kept hush hush. I worked in the school so I know what went down. She left and got a job teaching at the community college. Now that was an insightful lesson for my son.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

I have two theories on Michelle’s absence and I don’t know which one to go with.

First theory - she simply didn’t believe it...

Second Theory - she wasn’t allowed to go....

Additional theory - she didn’t go because she didn’t want to risk the young ones goggling or tracking the trial live somehow. ...

My money is #2. Jim Boob told her not to go.

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Josh asked her not to attend because he didn’t want his mom to hear it

Unlikely -- there is no evidence whatsoever that Josh has ever thought about anyone but himself. When has he ever considered another human being in anything he has said or done?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

23 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I dunno. I think he’s mad at Josh and the media, not necessarily at Jason. Remember that he didn’t write a letter or make a statement. I seriously doubt that he’s mad at Joy, and the others mostly stayed out of it. He was previously estranged from Jill and Amy, so probably no harm done there. Also, I don’t think that he’s supporting the Seewalds. Ben has a job now, they bought a house, and Jessa has some YouTube income. 

Ben has a job?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Ben has a job?

Yes, at Immanuel Baptist Church in Springdale. He appears to be the only pastor. They bought and have been renovating the house next to the church. There’s a sermon by Ben on the website, but no staff page or anything else that would be picked up by web searches for Ben.

https://www.ibcspringdale.com/

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

10 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Yes, at Immanuel Baptist Church in Springdale. He appears to be the only pastor. They bought and have been renovating the house next to the church. There’s a sermon by Ben on the website, but no staff page or anything else that would be picked up by web searches for Ben.

https://www.ibcspringdale.com/

I listened to about 2 minutes. Dude still can't speak to save his life; I believe the only thing his voice can do is put someone into a restless sleep. 

He's as dumb as a rock and as passive as a sloth. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

I see Ben is 27 years old. How the heck can someone that young have enough life experience to pastor a congregation?

Josh was 25 when he went to DC to be executive director for Family Research Council. 

I get tired of the only qualification for someone to be a leader in this religion is “has a penis”. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 23

Still no "Upcoming Events" on the website.

Just the same as 3 months ago, the last time I looked.

This man has no gumption or "get up and go" What a lacklustre character, totally unsuited to pastor a congregation

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Posted in Seewald thread:

Can anyone source a link showing that Ben is THE Pastor of that church. I can’t seem to find that info anywhere. Also, what is the congregation size? TIA

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Carol said:

We are witnessing...in real time

The Fall of The House of Duggar

That’s a great way of putting it. I was thinking the same thing. But didn’t have the words. 

• Upvote 4

WOACB is urging people to call HSI on Anna. 🙄Why oh why do I follow her channel. 

• Disgust 5
  • WTF 6

25 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

WOACB is urging people to call HSI on Anna. 🙄Why oh why do I follow her channel. 

HSI? like child services

3 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

HSI? like child services

Homeland Security. Homeland Security doesn’t mess around and I expect they won’t be too pleased getting flooded with unsubstantiated accusations 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Homeland Security. Homeland Security doesn’t mess around and I expect they won’t be too pleased getting flooded with unsubstantiated accusations 

Wait, I feel like I’m missing a huge piece of this story. Why is WOACB telling people to call homeland security on Anna???

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

5 minutes ago, GiggleOfGirls said:

Wait, I feel like I’m missing a huge piece of this story. Why is WOACB telling people to call homeland security on Anna???

Because Katie Joy says the M7 could have been SA.

She says (and this I kinda agree) in order to download the CSAM, you need to upload some original material to prove you aren’t a cop. 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 5

6 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Michelle wrote a letter to the court making it very clear that she supports her son Josh. Both she and JB have publicly supported him. I'm sure most people who know them know they both support Josh. If they wanted to split, then she should have not a written an official letter to the court. 

JB and Michelle are public disaster and should be done as public figures. 

@nst Here's a link to the various letters written on behalf of Josh. If you scroll down, you can find both Michelle's letter and Michael Keller's letter (Anna's Dad). His letter is the very bottom.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Because Katie Joy says the M7 could have been SA.

She says (and this I kinda agree) in order to download the CSAM, you need to upload some original material to prove you aren’t a cop. 

I mean, they could have been, but there’s been an ongoing federal investigation and that seems like the sort of thing (having to upload original material 😱) the feds would know about? At least, I’d hope they would.

I cannot bring myself to google to find out if that might be true so I don’t have any standing to be contradicting WOACB’s theory, but it seems like something the feds would already be aware of if so.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic