IGNORED

Josh and Anna 53: 151 Month Sentence

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, Hazelbunny said:

Oh but we are!! :o I am wearing JEANS today! And I am quite sure Beansie made me drink that Gin and Tonic yesterday! :martinismiley:

I'm wearing SHORTS and am planning to take a walk outside later with these 60+ year old legs.

7 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Do you think this is their way of supporting Anna or did David get swept up by the Duggar misinformation campaign and trauma bonding?

David used to be Gothard's assistant and the Duggars turned into terrific promoters of IBLP.  I imagine they know some of the same secrets.  They also became in-laws.  It's a match made...somewhere.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

"He was just a boy who was a bit too curious about girls.". I think that was Jill. I'm happy she's getting real therapy. That statement must have been directed by the monster, JB.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

I think David’s appearance shows us more proof that IBLP is a cult. The Duggars are one of the biggest names associated with IBLP. Of course David is going to help in anyway way he can in order to save IBLP some bad press. It’s like Scientology. They don’t want their biggest members to look bad. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

11 minutes ago, Zebedee said:

Interesting comment from one of Denise Wilson's sons in law, alleging Anna pressured her to write her character witness letter.

ksrsbvnne9291.jpg

Damn. That’s very strongly worded. Makes you wonder what the manipulations from Anna are. Withholding future funds? Probably not a possibility for Anna to keep paying anyway…….so what’s going on here? Does Anna have a bunch of $$ stashed away? 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 5

21 minutes ago, Zebedee said:

Interesting comment from one of Denise Wilson's sons in law, alleging Anna pressured her to write her character witness letter.

ksrsbvnne9291.jpg

Watch out for that guy! He’s a PP Anderson humper. That’s exactly why he says Josh should get the death penalty. He also thinks gay people should get the death penalty too. It’s a NIFB teaching. His opinion means nothing to me. Just like his idol PP.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • Disgust 6
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 33

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Watch out for that guy! He’s a PP Anderson humper. That’s exactly why he says Josh should get the death penalty. He also thinks gay people should get the death penalty too. It’s a NIFB teaching. His opinion means nothing to me. Just like his idol PP.

The fundycyclopedia that is JermajestyDuggar comes through once more! I don't care about his opinions either, but I *am* curious about what Anna may have said or done

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 6

13 hours ago, WannabeHistorian said:

This is completely off topic, but I just had to comment. Henry VIII really shot himself in the foot by divorcing Anne of Cleves. She would have made a perfect Queen of England. Anne was incredibly obedient. She would adopt the social attitudes of the men around her, including religion. Growing up in a German duchy during the Reformation, she would have been exposed to a ton of different ideas. Her true religious beliefs were unknown, though I'd imagine they were quite nuanced. But she just went along with whatever her guardian did. This interesting background would make religious zealots on every side be weary of her. But she got on famously with her step-children, including "Bloody" Mary. Given the latter's insane religious purges she carried out as Queen, this is really saying something about Anne. 

Anne's family was also insanely fertile. Her grandfather, John II of Cleves, was literally called "the Babymaker" because he fathered around 63 illegitimate children by age 30. Anne was generally healthy and grew up on the continent, meaning she likely had much better nutrition growing up than English women. This is obviously important for pregnancy. She was also only 25 at the time of her marriage, which gave her at least ten years of fertility. If Henry had just stuck it out, he most likely would have had another son by her. 

So why did Henry dump her? Simple- his ego. Before their first official meeting, he decided to surprise her. There was this old obscure legend of a man who disguised himself in a shoddy clothes and approached his lover. The woman allegedly saw right through the disguise and immediately embraced her lover. Henry wanted to act this out with Anne. The only problem was, this was an old English tale and Anne was German. So when a strange man entered her chamber and started kissing her, she rebuffed him. The humiliated the king retreated and returned in his proper clothes. There Anne greeted him warmly, but Henry never got over this slight. Historians generally believe this incident to be the true demise of their marriage. As for her being ugly, not a chance. She was regularly invited to court after her annulment. A kingdom's court was an exhibition of the land's best people. The most talented, skilled, and beautiful. No way would an ugly woman be allowed in. Reading the Past has a great video on her for those who are interested. 

The more I think about it, Anna truly is a modern day Anne of Cleves. She was sold off to a much more powerful man by her guardian. The purpose of this marriage was to procure important social and financial ties for her family as well as produce heirs for her husband.  This marriage fell apart and she was blamed for it when she did absolutely nothing wrong. Now her current lifestyle is dependent on the generosity of her spouse and his family. Huh, I guess this wasn't really that off topic after all. 

Henry divorced Anne because he couldn’t get it up for her. The disguise incident may have had something to do with that, but it wasn’t the whole issue. So he claimed that she was older and uglier than he had been told - not super old and ugly, just not the hot babe he deserved - and annulled the marriage. Her family was important, and he liked her personally, so she got a good payoff. 

• Upvote 13

7 minutes ago, Zebedee said:

The fundycyclopedia that is JermajestyDuggar comes through once more! I don't care about his opinions either, but I *am* curious about what Anna may have said or done

Ha! Yes, I do remember weird things about fundies! What’s crazy is that there is another Clark daughter married to a Weeks boy. But they seem to be very liberal (for a couple raised fundie)! It’s weird to me because one Clark/Weeks couple went crazy NIFB and the other went more liberal. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

Jessa, Ben and Jeremy V are making “on with life” posts. No mention of the trial, just regular posts. Probably a good way to handle things at this point I guess. But JB and Michelle’s silence is gross. Just gross. 

• Upvote 15
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

I think where they were trying to go with that was to portray it kind of like kids playing Dr. - without reasoning through that 1- He was young, but not THAT young, by a good many years 2- They can’t try to make it sound like that AND also try to minimize and play up that the girls were sleeping and didn’t even know it happened. 3- I think they were also trying to get people to focus on just the two older daughters, and completely ignore the 10 year! gap between him and the youngest victim. 

Yes to all of this. I was bamboozled by the early Duggar rhetoric surrounding the molestation news when it was first reveal. One thing I appreciated about the trial was the actual facts were made a matter of public record. It wasn’t some gossip rag or blogger or indie podcast making bogus or sensational allegations. It was a court of law that said “this is what happened”.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 17

15 hours ago, WannabeHistorian said:

This is completely off topic, but I just had to comment. Henry VIII really shot himself in the foot by divorcing Anne of Cleves. She would have made a perfect Queen of England. Anne was incredibly obedient. She would adopt the social attitudes of the men around her, including religion. Growing up in a German duchy during the Reformation, she would have been exposed to a ton of different ideas. Her true religious beliefs were unknown, though I'd imagine they were quite nuanced. But she just went along with whatever her guardian did. This interesting background would make religious zealots on every side be weary of her. But she got on famously with her step-children, including "Bloody" Mary. Given the latter's insane religious purges she carried out as Queen, this is really saying something about Anne. 

Anne's family was also insanely fertile. Her grandfather, John II of Cleves, was literally called "the Babymaker" because he fathered around 63 illegitimate children by age 30. Anne was generally healthy and grew up on the continent, meaning she likely had much better nutrition growing up than English women. This is obviously important for pregnancy. She was also only 25 at the time of her marriage, which gave her at least ten years of fertility. If Henry had just stuck it out, he most likely would have had another son by her. 

So why did Henry dump her? Simple- his ego. Before their first official meeting, he decided to surprise her. There was this old obscure legend of a man who disguised himself in a shoddy clothes and approached his lover. The woman allegedly saw right through the disguise and immediately embraced her lover. Henry wanted to act this out with Anne. The only problem was, this was an old English tale and Anne was German. So when a strange man entered her chamber and started kissing her, she rebuffed him. The humiliated the king retreated and returned in his proper clothes. There Anne greeted him warmly, but Henry never got over this slight. Historians generally believe this incident to be the true demise of their marriage. As for her being ugly, not a chance. She was regularly invited to court after her annulment. A kingdom's court was an exhibition of the land's best people. The most talented, skilled, and beautiful. No way would an ugly woman be allowed in. Reading the Past has a great video on her for those who are interested. 

The more I think about it, Anna truly is a modern day Anne of Cleves. She was sold off to a much more powerful man by her guardian. The purpose of this marriage was to procure important social and financial ties for her family as well as produce heirs for her husband.  This marriage fell apart and she was blamed for it when she did absolutely nothing wrong. Now her current lifestyle is dependent on the generosity of her spouse and his family. Huh, I guess this wasn't really that off topic after all. 

I agree about Anne of Cleves and Henry VIII.  I don’t agree about the Anne of Cleves and Anna Duggar parallels.  One difference, of course, is that Anne did marry and produce children as opposed to being divorced.  Another difference is that Anne of Cleves was fairly intelligent which Anna isn’t.

• Upvote 12

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

"He was just a boy who was a bit too curious about girls.". I think that was Jill. I'm happy she's getting real therapy. That statement must have been directed by the monster, JB.

I think that Jill and Jessa were gaslighted into believing that it was just curiosity.  They were told that it was no big deal and Josh had repented.  I believe one of them also gave some version of “happens in a lot of families” but don’t remember exactly in what context.

I am trying to remember what Jill and Jessa had to say in the “documentary” about sexual abuse where they attended some sort of lecture about sexual abuse prevention and then talked for the cameras.  I remember it being very shallow remarks, very carefully distancing their own experiences from “real abuse” but that’s all.  In light of what we know now, I wish I remembered.  

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think David’s appearance shows us more proof that IBLP is a cult. The Duggars are one of the biggest names associated with IBLP. Of course David is going to help in anyway way he can in order to save IBLP some bad press. It’s like Scientology. They don’t want their biggest members to look bad. 

I thought someone said earlier David had disassociated himself from IBPL.

Edited by EmCatlyn
Fix a problem caused by merged msgs
  • Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

I think that Jill and Jessa were gaslighted into believing that it was just curiosity.  They were told that it was no big deal and Josh had repented.  I believe one of them also gave some version of “happens in a lot of families” but don’t remember exactly in what context.

I am trying to remember what Jill and Jessa had to say in the “documentary” about sexual abuse where they attended some sort of lecture about sexual abuse prevention and then talked for the cameras.  I remember it being very shallow remarks, very carefully distancing their own experiences from “real abuse” but that’s all.  In light of what we know now, I wish I remembered.  

I thought someone said earlier David had disassociated himself from IBPL.

I said earlier that he no longer works for IBLP. But he still attends events. He’s still part of the cult. He just isn’t in a higher up position anymore. Even though he’s not a higher up, he’s still trying to protect IBLP. The cult still has a hold on him. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4

From Denise Wilson’s daughter.  Posted by u/lillyarchive on r/Duggarsnark.

54449392-25B1-4584-BEB4-40C1BC8758A1.jpeg

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 27

9 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

From Denise Wilson’s daughter.  Posted by u/lillyarchive on r/Duggarsnark.

54449392-25B1-4584-BEB4-40C1BC8758A1.jpeg

She’s married to James Shelby Weeks (the PP humper). I wonder why it doesn’t say Lana Wilson Weeks. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

Another Wilson daughter speaks out.  So two daughters and one of their husbands have released anti-Josh statements.

image.thumb.png.1bfb24d2f0ef17b15ee32c14fcada4d6.png

"Evil people do good things, probably more than good people do!"

Very true!

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 28
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, imokit said:

Another Wilson daughter speaks out.  So two daughters and one of their husbands have released anti-Josh statements.

image.thumb.png.1bfb24d2f0ef17b15ee32c14fcada4d6.png

"Evil people do good things, probably more than good people do!"

Very true!

She’s the sister that married a Weeks boy but is more liberal than a lot of her siblings. I actually like Rachel the best out of all of them. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I like it, though am firmly against death penalty, let's say 99.999% because maybe there's a megalomaniac somewhere way over East who could use a defenestration for the greater good, 

but anyway, I like when they battle each other, and would always like to see more of it. Fundie in-fighting, yes please.

• Upvote 5

These letters in support of the Duggar siblings, removing any onus of guilt by association, agreeing with the sentence and vocally disagreeing with the letters attempting to mitigate Josh’s criminal and amoral behaviors are both kind and 💯 % on point. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 29
  • Love 2

Just now, backyard sylph said:

I like it, though am firmly against death penalty, let's say 99.999% because maybe there's a megalomaniac somewhere way over East who could use a defenestration for the greater good, 

but anyway, I like when they battle each other, and would always like to see more of it. Fundie in-fighting, yes please.

Oh PP and Zoo have hated the Duggars for a long while. Zoo hates the Pearls too. 

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh PP and Zoo have hated the Duggars for a long while. Zoo hates the Pearls too. 

I read from time to time that various other groups think the Duggars are kind of trash. 

It's good; solidarity among all these people would make things even worse in society than it already it.

• Upvote 10

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It's kind of hilarious how much these Christians hate each other. Loving their neighbours as themselves indeed! At least it keeps most of their attention on each other.

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

Just now, backyard sylph said:

I read from time to time that various other groups think the Duggars are kind of trash. 

It's good; solidarity among all these people would make things even worse in society than it already it.

PP’s group are usually the only ones who actually air their dirty laundry and say who they hate. Most other fundie group plaster a fake smile on their faces and pretend. I guess that’s the one and only good thing in PP’s cult. They don’t pretend they like other fundies. They just put it on blast like they are in Jr High. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic