IGNORED

Erin & Chad 9: The Paine of it All

samurai_sarah

4 minutes ago, gobucks said:

It looked like Lydia, Trace, and Warden were doing the last minute repainting of the entire house as they loaded the moving truck. 

Of course. I hope they paid them or at least did something nice for them like ordered them a pizza. I understand helping out your family members. I try to help mine out. But I swear in fundieland, nothing is ever close to even. Michael does all the free babysitting because she’s the infertile sister. The little girls are always babysitting because they aren’t married and aren’t allowed to have a real social life. Trace, Lydia and warden have no kids so they are probably expected to help. It’s like everyone with kids gets out of helping. But it was their choice to have kids. Not everyone else’s. 

• Upvote 13

Trace and Lydia apparently drove a truck (presumably loaded with stuff) to Florida and brought along Brookie for the ride. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

Trace and Lydia apparently drove a truck (presumably loaded with stuff) to Florida and brought along Brookie for the ride. 

That’s nice. She gets some attention from them. Reminds me of when I was 5 (late 70s) and we moved from Tennessee to Western Pennsylvania and I got to ride in the u-haul with my uncle for most of the trip. 

• Upvote 9

I found it interesting that non of the adult Bates were helping Carlin and Evan move (they did get some aunt mom help) but Trace will drive to Florida for Erin and Chad. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I found it interesting that non of the adult Bates were helping Carlin and Evan move (they did get some aunt mom help) but Trace will drive to Florida for Erin and Chad. 

Carlin and Evan seem to be handed off to the Stewarts to handle any time they need help. (Except Gil apparently thinking he could yell at a doctor once.) And, Erin has always been revered. 

• Upvote 8

52 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Carlin and Evan seem to be handed off to the Stewarts to handle any time they need help. (Except Gil apparently thinking he could yell at a doctor once.) And, Erin has always been revered. 

Whatever happened with a Carlin and Erin, Erin seems to have gotten most of the siblings on her side except Zach and Katie. Carlin has been left to deal with her health issues mostly alone and doesn't seem to interact that much with her adult siblings other than Zach and Katie (and the forever neutral Michaela) 

The interesting thing is that Erin definitely has also pulled back from her parents in this last year and she has seemed to emphasize their role as grandparents more and makes the relationship about the kids. 

• Upvote 8

I fully admit my BEC here. But I’m glad Erin and Chad are moving. More fundies need to move away from parents who raised them marinated in the fundie kool-aid. But I think Erin is becoming more fundie than her siblings. It’s good that she’s leaving. Let’s hope she has less of an influence on her nieces and nephews that way. Now she can’t use her childless siblings as much and she might have to do things on her own. Oh nevermind, I’m sure she will have some church friend babysitting for free in no time. 

• Upvote 15

I am actually worried about Erin. She is clearly unhappy about the move. And they have made some terrible financial moves that seem to have been more Chad's doing than hers. First, whatever happened with BSB (and the boutique seems to be thriving, money the Paines could likely use) and then when Erin's YouTube was really taking off, they went hiatus and came back with godly content that is tanking (cutting off another reliable income stream). The boutique was replaced with the prayer card business, her YouTube content had to go godly, the move to help a church, the Paines are definitely getting deeper into fundie life but I am not sure it is Erin's choice. Of course, she would never say otherwise but I don't know the whole thing gives me a bad feeling. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

I think Erin and Chad very much believe that their lives, business and social media content are all about being a ministry. Erin could see BSB becoming more about $ than a ministry of modest clothing. All of her adult siblings, except for Michael, for the most part, maybe Nathan, and Tori are all about just making money through their businesses and social media. God is left out of the equation. I think that realization became difficult for Erin and Chad to handle and they felt they needed some physical distance from her family to separate themselves from their worldliness. And BSB has started to look like a real full-time business where there’s lots of actual work to be done. I think Erin and Chad prefer to run a small little godly venture that they can work on when kids are asleep. I think Erin is probably sad to leave the only home she’s ever known and probably feels sad that her family members aren’t as godly as her, but I think she wanted this change as much as Chad.

• Upvote 8

SPECULATION ONLY

I wonder if her fertility issues have anything to do with these changes.  Chad generally seemed happy to let Erin boss him around when she was popping out kids one after another.  I wonder if there have been discussions (mutual or from him) that say that she hasn't been a submissive/godly enough wife so they're getting punished.  Seems like a big change for him to suddenly be the boss and her to withdraw from things she seemed to enjoy.  She sure seemed to love that cottage.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I am actually worried about Erin. She is clearly unhappy about the move. And they have made some terrible financial moves that seem to have been more Chad's doing than hers. First, whatever happened with BSB (and the boutique seems to be thriving, money the Paines could likely use) and then when Erin's YouTube was really taking off, they went hiatus and came back with godly content that is tanking (cutting off another reliable income stream). The boutique was replaced with the prayer card business, her YouTube content had to go godly, the move to help a church, the Paines are definitely getting deeper into fundie life but I am not sure it is Erin's choice. Of course, she would never say otherwise but I don't know the whole thing gives me a bad feeling. 

I don't see any signs that Erin is unhappy about the move. I see her using words like "exciting" and "new opportunity" and "blessings"--all indications that she is happy. Where are you getting the signs she's unhappy?

With that said, I'm not sure if this move is the best idea. She's not going to have any help with the kids. Chad will have to re-start his business. What exactly are they living on, now?

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I figured they were spending very little on rent each month since their home is only 800 sq ft, 2 bedrooms and 1 bath. I really doubt the rent was that high. Plus they got discounts from doing work on it. With that said, they better have saved up a lot. Otherwise it was ridiculous of them to squeeze 5 kids in one tiny bedroom if they weren’t saving up their money. Otherwise they could have paid a few hundred more a month and given their kids some much needed space. 

• Upvote 2

Well I am glad Brooke got some alone time with her aunt and uncle, Curious to see if the Paines moving to Florida is the right move, hopefully it is. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/25/2022 at 1:44 PM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I've directly( in person) known a person working with a Christian organization to send people(including himself) to China to spread Christianity and their whole thing was it was secret and they lied about it to the government and trained their people to never mention their true purpose etc. Because spreading Christianity illegally trumped any Chinese laws or lying about it.

So I expect there's plenty of these types still operating on both China and russia.

In the Muslim countries of the Middle East also. They're the warriors for Jebus creating martyrs for Jebus. I wouldn't be suprised if they also target or plan to target North Korea.

• Upvote 1

On 12/28/2022 at 3:36 AM, Scrabblemaster said:

Yep I hate unfinishes paint jobs too. When my dad renovated rooms when I was a child, he made sure he scraped any old paint or wallpaper from the walls. I learned it from him. I think I already wrote about it here, but in our current house the previous owners did not only put the wallpaper around their furniture, but the hardwood floor too. And they let the old carpet underneath the new flooring. And they even put new wallpaper on the old wallpaper. Not to mention the room with the plaster on top of the old wallpaper. I hate them for that. I can somehow understand the carpet under the new flooring for insulation and less noise, but the wallpaper-lasagne - no. Just no. 

I won't even go into what I'm finding in my (old, mobile construction) home. When my brother, young new home buyer, got his house they found the paneling (remember that) in a bedroom was glued onto a rotting wall to cover up a leak. Also they ran a hose directly from the washing machine into a fresh-water stream behind the house.

• Sad 1
  • WTF 8

Erin sort of posted a video of the house. At least part of it. She said Chad went down last week and painted part of the house. It looks like he mostly just painted the living room kitchen combo. It’s an off white color. Maybe ivory or cream. The ceilings are wood and the trim is wood. It looks so warm and inviting without the trim and ceiling paines white. She has a ton of cabinet space and a big pantry. But I bet she will fill it all up very fast and wonder how she ever lived in her old house. There was a quick clip of some cousins. They must be Paine cousins. Which of Chad’s siblings lives in Florida? Nate or Thomas?

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Erin sort of posted a video of the house. At least part of it. She said Chad went down last week and painted part of the house. It looks like he mostly just painted the living room kitchen combo. It’s an off white color. Maybe ivory or cream. The ceilings are wood and the trim is wood. It looks so warm and inviting without the trim and ceiling paines white. She has a ton of cabinet space and a big pantry. But I bet she will fill it all up very fast and wonder how she ever lived in her old house. There was a quick clip of some cousins. They must be Paine cousins. Which of Chad’s siblings lives in Florida? Nate or Thomas?

They are Tori's kids. She has a caption saying she is glad Tori could visit. 

10 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

They are Tori's kids. She has a caption saying she is glad Tori could visit. 

Ok. I guess that makes sense if they are already down in Florida visiting Bobby’s family for Christmas. 

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok. I guess that makes sense if they are already down in Florida visiting Bobby’s family for Christmas. 

I think they went down with Erin. They were helping her pack and paint her last day in Tennessee. Erin and Tori are incredibly close. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

14 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I think they went down with Erin. They were helping her pack and paint her last day in Tennessee. Erin and Tori are incredibly close. 

What is Erin going to do without all these people constantly helping her? Trace and Lydia went with them. Tori and family went with them. And then Erin also mentioned two of the younger siblings still at home helped them too. Notice her parents didn’t come. She’s figured out that her parents won’t help, but her siblings sure will. 

• Upvote 5

46 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What is Erin going to do without all these people constantly helping her? Trace and Lydia went with them. Tori and family went with them. And then Erin also mentioned two of the younger siblings still at home helped them too. Notice her parents didn’t come. She’s figured out that her parents won’t help, but her siblings sure will. 

I mean Warden, Ellie and Addee spend half the year at Alyssa's anyway, now they will just have to divide their time (although at least Alyssa has a pool).

Lydia loves Florida, she has commented many times it is her favorite place to visit, so I bet she and Trace will visit the Paines. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I mean Warden, Ellie and Addee spend half the year at Alyssa's anyway, now they will just have to divide their time (although at least Alyssa has a pool).

Lydia loves Florida, she has commented many times it is her favorite place to visit, so I bet she and Trace will visit the Paines. 

What will she do when Kelly marries off the little girls at 18/19 and Lydia starts having kids? Erin can’t take advantage of her younger siblings forever. 

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What will she do when Kelly marries off the little girls at 18/19 and Lydia starts having kids? Erin can’t take advantage of her younger siblings forever. 

You could ask the same question of Alyssa. But I guess their older kids will be old enough to help by then. Tori is the one we don't see (also the most likely to have a ton  more babies) so we have no idea how often she gets help but Michael does have her boys a lot. Michael also seem to constantly have Judson and Jeb. 

I think Ellie and Addee will be 21ish when they get married and not the Alyssa/Josie 19. But I also think those two wanted to escape. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 2

I know ib my mom's family (8 kids, large gap between older 4 and younger 4), it was staggared. The older girls helped raise the younger ones and then the younger kids helped with the oldest nieces and nephews and then the older cousins helped with the younger cousins. I started baby-sitting my younger cousins at 12. I imagine fundie families are similar. 

• I Agree 1

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Tori and her 4 kids (under 5) went to help? So there are 9 little kids there instead of 5? I don't understand how that could be helpful.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

• samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic