Jump to content
IGNORED

Erin & Chad 9: The Paine of it All


samurai_sarah

Recommended Posts

My grandparents all came from very large families. 11-13 kids, all of whom stayed in the same small geographic area and many of the cousins stayed close friends. I know many of my second and third cousins(literally hundreds of them; we procreate well) and am friends with them.

My DD just started fifth grade at a new school and promptly developed a crush on a boy in her grade.  He’s a very cute and nice boy—and her third cousin.  She was horrified when I told her, but I assured her third cousinship is plenty of genetic distance. 

 

Edited by sableduck
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sk8ter said:

Technically, you can marry your second or third cousins, if you want...... 

I was doing family research for my husband's family and discovered that his parents were 4th cousins. No one new there was any connection on either side. My husband was so upset by it that he wouldn't tell his parents. 4th cousins are pretty far removed. But it might explain his one brother 😁

This is the other reason I married a city boy 🤣

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sableduck said:

My grandparents all came from very large families. 11-13 kids, all of whom stayed in the same small geographic area and many of the cousins stayed close friends. I know many of my second and third cousins(literally hundreds of them; we procreate well) and am friends with them.

My DD just started fifth grade at a new school and promptly developed a crush on a boy in her grade.  He’s a very cute and nice boy—and her third cousin.  She was horrified when I told her, but I assured her third cousinship is plenty of genetic distance. 

 

It’s definitely genetically ok. You share very little genetics with your third cousin. However it’s still very taboo in the US. People will look down on 3rd cousins marrying. I personally wouldn’t be a dick about it if I knew a couple who were 3rd cousins. But many others would not be so nice about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2022 at 9:55 AM, HereticHick said:

This is Chad's Grandfather:

Charles S. Paine, Sr., M.D.

President at Wesleyan Bible Conference Association

Brooksville, Florida, United States

[Chad is actually Charles S Paine III]

So I assume that is where they are headed. Maybe 50-60 miles west of Alyssa?

This is interesting since Wesleyan generally means Methodist and I associate the IBLP folks with the Ind. Fundamental Baptists.  (Although I don't think you have to subscribe to any particular denomination to participate as long as you're a fundie) I also know of plenty very conservative Methodists so it might not mean anything but I wonder if the grandfather's beliefs are slightly less intense than Chad's.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wesleyan is similar theology to Methodists, but the ones around here are in practice closer to the generic evangelicals than the more liberal Methodists we have.

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2022 at 11:55 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m from a small town where my mom had to warn me not to have a crush on so and so. Because he’s your 3rd cousin. This happened multiple times. She would be at a ball game with me and be like, “oh is that Bobby? He’s your cousin.” And I would be like 15 years old. Why didn’t you tell me earlier?!?! I used to think he was cute! Ugh.

And here in our area it's very common to have your first kiss with a second or third cousin. The fact is: you only see them a couple of times a year and family reunions are... chaotic, and last a week or two, and feel very much like Summer camp. My first kiss was with a second cousin once removed, and then the first guy I made out with was a second cousin on the other side.

The second cousin and I resemble each other enough because the Danish genes are strong, but the second cousin once removed and I look nothing alike because he's half Danish and half Polynesian, and the Polynesian genes are definitely dominant for him. Both attractive guys; tall, fit, and athletic, I regret nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having my sibling and first cousin hooking up was incredibly uncomfortable even though we are “only” half-siblings and there was zero genetic shenanigans involved! All of us drunk on our way to a party in a bus full of my friends giving all 3 of us heaps of good natured grief. And the next day she wanted to give me a detailed update like she loved doing for all her hook ups! 🤮

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2022 at 11:52 PM, Keys said:

I was reading this AMA by someone who grew up knowing Anna Duggar/her family, and found this interesting. From reading here and seeing some of her Instagram videos, I guess it isn’t particularly surprising. image.thumb.png.9221741bc72709726f2b1d779b494259.png

I know I am late here but just a reminder that most of the fundie Reddit AMA turn out to be fake. The last few Duggar/Rodrigues adjacent AMAs that have popped up have definitely not had insider information and have honestly been easy to discredit. Each sub is going to have its own vetting and I have no idea how stringent their processes are. I do know how stringent ours are and how some who reach out to be vetted don’t after they find out the process.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In Lawson/Tiffs new Christmas video they said that Erin and Chad are giving them their piano because they are moving to Florida.  I know that its easy to find a used piano, but I found that interesting.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

In Lawson/Tiffs new Christmas video they said that Erin and Chad are giving them their piano because they are moving to Florida.  I know that its easy to find a used piano, but I found that interesting.

I guess it is cheaper to get one in Florida than to move it. I guess... but with all those brothers, and the availability of UHauls, I don't get it.

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I guess it is cheaper to get one in Florida than to move it. I guess... but with all those brothers, and the availability of UHauls, I don't get it.

Me either--especially since its going to be moved to Nashville. Either way its going to be moved.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t be surprised if Erin’s piano wasn’t that great of a piano. It doesn’t look or sound that bad but maybe she’s hoping to find a better one in Florida. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I know I am late here but just a reminder that most of the fundie Reddit AMA turn out to be fake. The last few Duggar/Rodrigues adjacent AMAs that have popped up have definitely not had insider information and have honestly been easy to discredit. Each sub is going to have its own vetting and I have no idea how stringent their processes are. I do know how stringent ours are and how some who reach out to be vetted don’t after they find out the process.

Isn't this the one that got information about Esther wrong? That claimed Esther got pregnant just weeks after giving birth to her first, which is something easily disproved if you look at the ages of her children.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Isn't this the one that got information about Esther wrong? That claimed Esther got pregnant just weeks after giving birth to her first, which is something easily disproved if you look at the ages of her children.

Yes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Isn't this the one that got information about Esther wrong? That claimed Esther got pregnant just weeks after giving birth to her first, which is something easily disproved if you look at the ages of her children.

I am not sure. I avoid the fundie subs on Reddit. I mostly hang in JustNoMIL!

  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am not sure. I avoid the fundie subs on Reddit. I mostly hang in JustNoMIL!

The only one I wish I could still lurk is FundieSnark and that's because there's a rumor that they have Flan content.

If anyone around here has the hook up for Flanshion, my DMs are open 😇

  • Rufus Bless 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

The only one I wish I could still lurk is FundieSnark and that's because there's a rumor that they have Flan content.

If anyone around here has the hook up for Flanshion, my DMs are open 😇

I cant find the fundiesnark one only the uncensored one. Plus my cousin just named his 4th daughter Flannery and Flan was the first person I thought of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I guess it is cheaper to get one in Florida than to move it. I guess... but with all those brothers, and the availability of UHauls, I don't get it.

It is possible the piano would mean a bigger UHaul or an extra trip. A piano probably also requires some packing care. Plus with the cost of gas and all that extra weight, it might not be worth it.

It is 656 miles from Rocky Top to Brooksville (where they were looking before) and 175 from Rocky Top to Nashville. That is a lot of extra mileage. 

Plus Erin and Chad are moving with 5 kids. So yeah, I can see not wanting to move the piano. 

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

It is possible the piano would mean a bigger UHaul or an extra trip. A piano probably also requires some packing care. Plus with the cost of gas and all that extra weight, it might not be worth it.

It is 656 miles from Rocky Top to Brooksville (where they were looking before) and 175 from Rocky Top to Nashville. That is a lot of extra mileage. 

Plus Erin and Chad are moving with 5 kids. So yeah, I can see not wanting to move the piano. 

Yep may be way cheaper to just pick up a new or second hand one closer to the new location. Than risk the hassle of moving it that far and it possibly breaking and it being worth the move and hassle 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think I would every try moving a piano myself! I would go for not just professional movers, but piano handlers. Grand pianos go in special boxes on their sides when they are moved and I would not want to try doing it myself if I definitely needed to use it soon.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, medimus said:

I don't think I would every try moving a piano myself! I would go for not just professional movers, but piano handlers. Grand pianos go in special boxes on their sides when they are moved and I would not want to try doing it myself if I definitely needed to use it soon.

Yep and would you really trust the Bates brothers to move it for you? I feel like they are not the most gentle movers..I wonder if it'll even survive the journey to Nashville. 

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A friend gave my neice his old piano and it kicked our ass moving it from the truck and inside. Piano has little wheels but didn't help until we got it inside. Needs to be tuned but it was free.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2022 at 4:40 AM, CanadianMamam said:

Plus Erin and Chad are moving with 5 kids. So yeah, I can see not wanting to move the piano. 

Five little kids AND a bunch of animals. A piano was probably too much.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, few weeks freezing and no outdoors for the kids. 5 little children in a tiny house with basically no toys. Of course the kids want to live in a warmer place...

Gently reminder that there are affordable bigger houses in Erin's area, but she said she wants a nice looking one with a nice landscape. So they have been staying in the tiny cottage just because she likes it. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Recent Status Updates

    • Bluebirdbluebell

      Bluebirdbluebell

      Disgusted with Catholic Church over Cardinal Pell's funeral this week. It really reflects poorly on the church and should be a red flag to Catholics.
      · 0 replies
    • PennySycamore

      PennySycamore

      I've been away since about 10 PM on Monday evening.  My husband noticed that my speech was a bit slurred, called my daughter to see if she concurred and they both agreed that I needed to go to the hospital.  There I was taken back within minutes to be evaluated for a stroke.   My BP was sky-high. I. undressed and was helped into a hospital gown.  The PureWick did not work that night so when I had to go I just went.  (I do want a PureWick if I ever get urinary stress incontenence though and would need to wear diapers.). 
      I had a CT scan fairly early the next morning and it confirmed that I'd sufffered a mild stroke,  I had an MRI that afternoon which confirmed the both the mild stroke and no other damage and yet I had another CT scan -this time with a contrast medium injected.  I was allowed the Heart Healthy diet and my BP had dropped to 180/100.  They don'y want to drop the BP too rapidly so it has dropped enough to turn to Lisinipril to drop it further.
      After the ER. I was sent to the ICU and stayed until I was discharged this afternoon.  The staff were all really nice and my husband and two daughters were with me most of the time, helping out.  My oldest daughter's van was in the shop so I let her borrow the MINI since I knew she could drive a stick.  When she was visiting yesterday afternoon, her husband was in the ER waiting on a CT can and today, she was there when the speech pathologist was visiting.  She was able to get some good advice from her as her husband is currently unable to swallow.
      Anyway I'm home.  My dogs and the cat to see me home, especially my dachsie, were happy to see me home.
      A couple of things I learned:
      I need to teach my husband about loading the dishwasher.
      and 
      Jill would never be able to handle bedpans.
      · 7 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Fornicate.  Six more weeks of winter according to Phil.
      · 0 replies
    • Jinder Roles

      Jinder Roles

      Currently obsessed with Laura Mvula, a musical genius
      · 0 replies
    • Bluebirdbluebell

      Bluebirdbluebell

      I highly recommend Not the Good Girl's Youtube channel. She is making great documentaries about cults.
      · 0 replies
    • BlackberryGirl

      BlackberryGirl

      Ohh jeeze, GrandBerry6 just came to me, snuggled his face in my neck and barfed, all over me. In my neck, in my hair, on my face, down inside my nightie all over the front of my nightie. Ohh FUCK! Bath, washed hair, cleaned sofa. Good times, good times.
      · 3 replies
    • Scrabblemaster

      Scrabblemaster

      I danced through my living room feeling awesome. From time to time I do this. Maybe wine is involved. Good music is definitely involved. It is awesome. I recommend it to you. With or without wine.
      · 2 replies
    • Hazelbunny

      Hazelbunny

      After a few months of trying to decide what kind of new computer to get and my brother telling me a Mac would be the best decision I could ever make and my sister telling me that would be the worst and I ought to stick to Windows.... I now have a used Mac. I am trying to get used to it. Not easy, but the Magnifying program is a lot better than the Windows one (that was the ultimate reason for my decision) and FJ works a lot better than on my 10-year old Laptop, too!!  
      · 0 replies
    • WannabeHistorian

      WannabeHistorian

      Y'all, holter monitors suck. And naturally the palpitations that caused this test to be ordered are remarkably absent today. 
      I'm off to go work out in the hopes that triggers it. T minus 10 hours till I get this thing off. 
      · 4 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Fuck Fornicate.  Glad I got in to see this place before the world went to shit.
       
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.