IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 7: How Is This Going to Work?

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, Dbm said:

maybe her parents advised her to find a place that both can afford, which is to me the right thing to do, she have to make sure that she don't carry him on her back financially. and anything is better than nathan and esther's RV.    

The realtor tagged a mortgage guy, so it seems they didnt pay outfront either. I wonder how they could get a mortgage without either of them having actual jobs though.

• Upvote 8

25 minutes ago, llucie said:

The realtor tagged a mortgage guy, so it seems they didnt pay outfront either. I wonder how they could get a mortgage without either of them having actual jobs though.

If she is making enough on rental income, that would count. I wonder what else they put on the application, if he has some investments or whatever. I am not American, but our mortgage stress test was really rigorous. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Jaeniduggar said:
15 hours ago, Heidijoey said:

Do you think she’d be encouraged by anyone to create a prenup ??

I very much doubt it because a prenup is in their eyes "planning for divorce" which basically isn't an option for them.

Even in more mainstream circles, a prenup may be frowned upon, at least here (Germany). So I’d be very surprised if they had one. It literally IS planning for divorce - or does a prenup have any other purpose?

But here getting married won’t mean that you have to share all your assets in case of a divorce. The default (without a prenup) is:

- Each spouse continues to own whatever assets it has owned prior to the marriage (and keeps those in case of divorce).

-  For assets acquired during marriage, each spouse can still own those separately (for example, if only one spouse is named on a property deed, the other spouse does not own the property). At least for real estate, most married couples tend to purchase that and acquire joint ownership, though.

- In case of divorce, the law is to compare each spouse’s assets owned at the time of marriage with those owned at the time of divorce. If one spouse has acquired more, in value, than the other during the marriage, it is obliged to pay the difference to the other. This is very much a simplification, the actual calculation is more complex, but that is the general principle.

• Upvote 4

Did anyone else notice in the video that at one point Lawson had his constable jacket or shirt on? The word constable is on the back by the way.

• Upvote 2

Just wanted to add that I find the idea of purchasing a house together before you’ve lived together really odd. Maybe it’s more normal in the US because it’s common to have a “starter home”, so you can still change it if you realize later on it’s not a great fit? Here, buying a house for most people is a “once in a lifetime” thing, so you better figure out beforehand what exactly you want / need / prioritize / can afford in terms of house size, plot size/garden, number of rooms, floor plan, etc… And I feel like that will be a lot easier if you’ve lived together before.

• Upvote 8

On 3/19/2022 at 9:15 PM, JDuggs said:

I think JD might be close to Lawson in recent years due to their Medic Corps stuff, so I think he and Abbie might attend, especially if they’re looking for a fun getaway. I think Jinger and Jeremy will also attend mainly due to proximity. It would be a good opportunity for her to see all the Bates sisters

Isn't Abbie very ill because her pregnancy? I don't think she can travel.

Jeremy will go because Tiffany parents are well-off and he can meet people like them. I'm sure he despises the Bates clan.

• Confused 1

I don’t know. I can’t see the Vuolos investing the time to drive to San Diego. Plus, would they bring the kids? If not, who would watch them? Maybe they would go if Jana or Michelle/JB flew in to attend too, justifying the trip as a “get to see the family.”

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t know. I can’t see the Vuolos investing the time to drive to San Diego. Plus, would they bring the kids? If not, who would watch them? Maybe they would go if Jana or Michelle/JB flew in to attend too, justifying the trip as a “get to see the family.”

The Vuolos have a circle of friends in LA who I’m imagining would watch them. Jinger has women she gets together with regularly for lunches, GNO, throws showers for, and was just in a wedding of friend, and she seems to work with the college age girls on Sundays as well. There are probably at least a couple people between those groups who would happily and safely babysit the Vuolo girls. When your family lives out of the area, by necessity, you make new family connections. Jinger doesn’t post about them much, but she does seem to have a rather tight group of female friends in LA, just like Jill does in Arkansas.

I get the impression that she’s not as homesick in LA as she was in Texas and is happy with her friend group and that’s part of the reason they haven’t been to Arkansas for anything other than weddings the last couple years.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

The Vuolos have a circle of friends in LA who I’m imagining would watch them. Jinger has women she gets together with regularly for lunches, GNO, throws showers for, and was just in a wedding of friend, and she seems to work with the college age girls on Sundays as well. There are probably at least a couple people between those groups who would happily and safely babysit the Vuolo girls. When your family lives out of the area, by necessity, you make new family connections. Jinger doesn’t post about them much, but she does seem to have a rather tight group of female friends in LA, just like Jill does in Arkansas.

I get the impression that she’s not as homesick in LA as she was in Texas and is happy with her friend group and that’s part of the reason they haven’t been to Arkansas for anything other than weddings the last couple years.

Could be…I’m not sure how comfortable they might be with leaving their kids for what might be overnight (LA to SD and back + wedding and such would make for a very long day) with friends. I don’t think I would have done that back in the day. And, yes, I realize as a native Californian that the distance between LA-SD is not extreme, but you have to factor in the horrific traffic-

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Could be…I’m not sure how comfortable they might be with leaving their kids for what might be overnight (LA to SD and back + wedding and such would make for a very long day) with friends. I don’t think I would have done that back in the day. And, yes, I realize as a native Californian that the distance between LA-SD is not extreme, but you have to factor in the horrific traffic-

I could also see Jeremy’s parents flying in to watch the girls. Obviously it’s hard to tell from clips, but whenever the Vuolo grands were shown with Felicity on Counting On, they always looked disappointed when anyone from the Duggar clan showed up.

It is interesting that Jinger doesn’t seem to have maintained close relationships with any of her younger siblings, but Alyssa Webster regularly has her brothers and sisters out for visits. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, llucie said:

Lawson uploaded a video of the renovations of the house. Having all the boys doing construction sure comes in handy with all the house renovations in the family. 

It is a fixer upper with 3 bed/2bath, i kinda expected a more fancy house from these two, but this house looks fine for a first home.

Well, Lawson positively exudes modesty, of course his first home would also be modest. 🤣

• Haha 7

I’m not going to watch the Reno. I’m sure they will rip out and paint over any and all character in the home. It’s the Bates way of doing things. 

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m not going to watch the Reno. I’m sure they will rip out and paint over any and all character in the home. It’s the Bates way of doing things. 

Open concept, white and beige colors, floating shelf above the fireplace. If there’s any brick, paint it white, dark hardwoods.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Open concept, white and beige colors, floating shelf above the fireplace. If there’s any brick, paint it white, dark hardwoods.

It makes me long for the days of Erin’s pink monstrosity of fluff. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

The Master’s Seminary graduation date is May 6, and Tiff and Lawson’s wedding is on May 12. Jinjer might be busy packing up to move or they might be in the mood for a little trip and conveniently have his parents still in town after the graduation. It could go either way.

I think Jinger has had her family out to LA plenty of times. It’s also a bit easier for the Bateses to get down to FL from TN than for the Duggars to go out to LA.

• Thank You 3

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I haven’t seen any pregnancy announcement for Abbie. Have you?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

I think it’s been speculated Abbie is pregnant but she hasn’t announced. It’s been awhile since Grace was born so I wouldn’t be surprised if she was pregnant. And since she had really bad HG last pregnancy, it’s pretty likely it will happen with any future pregnancies. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Jeremy will go because Tiffany parents are well-off and he can meet people like them. I'm sure he despises the Bates clan.

What wait, when was abbies second pilot announced? Third if you count JD I mean I heard he was a pilot you know. I’m off the net for 24 hours and I miss all the news 

• Haha 4

Sorry, I read somewhere that Abbie was pregnant and having a very rough pregnancy and I believed it. But now I see there has been no announcement, so it's just gossip.

• Thank You 2

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Sorry, I read somewhere that Abbie was pregnant and having a very rough pregnancy and I believed it. But now I see there has been no announcement, so it's just gossip.

Hey they are breeders for Jesus it is always likely to be true. Lol 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

20 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Even in more mainstream circles, a prenup may be frowned upon, at least here (Germany). So I’d be very surprised if they had one. It literally IS planning for divorce - or does a prenup have any other purpose?

But here getting married won’t mean that you have to share all your assets in case of a divorce. The default (without a prenup) is:

- Each spouse continues to own whatever assets it has owned prior to the marriage (and keeps those in case of divorce).

-  For assets acquired during marriage, each spouse can still own those separately (for example, if only one spouse is named on a property deed, the other spouse does not own the property). At least for real estate, most married couples tend to purchase that and acquire joint ownership, though.

- In case of divorce, the law is to compare each spouse’s assets owned at the time of marriage with those owned at the time of divorce. If one spouse has acquired more, in value, than the other during the marriage, it is obliged to pay the difference to the other. This is very much a simplification, the actual calculation is more complex, but that is the general principle.

CA has some interesting divorce laws.   I think assets pre marriage are excluded.  Then assets obtained during the marriage are 50/50 as it is a community property state.  I have the feeling Tiffany’s parents are not fools.  The couple living closer to her family should help support her emotionally.  

I just get the feeling this marriage is doomed.  

• Upvote 5

21 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Just wanted to add that I find the idea of purchasing a house together before you’ve lived together really odd. Maybe it’s more normal in the US because it’s common to have a “starter home”, so you can still change it if you realize later on it’s not a great fit? Here, buying a house for most people is a “once in a lifetime” thing, so you better figure out beforehand what exactly you want / need / prioritize / can afford in terms of house size, plot size/garden, number of rooms, floor plan, etc… And I feel like that will be a lot easier if you’ve lived together before.

Americans definitely expect to move up to a larger home once or twice, especially if they live in an affordable area and plan to have a large family. It’s good that Lawson and Tiffany are buying what they can afford instead of their dream home. I agree that not living together is odd, but I wouldn’t associate that with the actual house. Most newlyweds should be fine in any little house. You can buy a custom-built house when you’re middle-aged and bored with your spouse.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

CA has some interesting divorce laws.   I think assets pre marriage are excluded.  Then assets obtained during the marriage are 50/50 as it is a community property state.  I have the feeling Tiffany’s parents are not fools.  The couple living closer to her family should help support her emotionally.  

I just get the feeling this marriage is doomed.  

They aren't going to be living close to her family though. They are going to be living in Tennessee, they bought a house in Nashville.  Tennessee is not a community property state.

• Upvote 5

We all know they won’t be spending much time at that house anyway. They vacation like it’s their job.

• Upvote 11

They could refurbish the Tennessee house, sell it or rent it out and then move into one of the Californian properties so Lawson can pursue whatever vanity project he fancies next.

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic