IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 7: How Is This Going to Work?

Coconut Flan

25 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

The stuff about her brother being jealous of Tiffany didn’t seem right to me, but the idea of creating some type of influencer lifestyle that wasn’t all completely true seemed more possible. This guy appears to jet set all over the world and seems to live a lavish lifestyle. I think watching “Inventing Anna” is making me not believe everything I see, especially on social media.

He used to work as a promoter for party/club event (perhaps still is?). Won't be surprised if he has his own connections, celebrity and influencers wise.

Still jarring to see how wordly he is compared to Tiffany. I think Lawson wishes he could be like that.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, arareyeah said:

He used to work as a promoter for party/club event (perhaps still is?). Won't be surprised if he has his own connections, celebrity and influencers wise.

Still jarring to see how wordly he is compared to Tiffany. I think Lawson wishes he could be like that.

Lawson would probably do anything to attend a Country Music Awards show.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Lawson would probably do anything to attend a Country Music Awards show.

Except get voice lessons...

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 35

6 hours ago, arareyeah said:

Nah. The Sofia Bouteala account he tagged is real, she has blue checkmark on her account (IG has this thing to verify your account if you're public figure, asking for your ID and whatnot to get the blue checkmark) and she commented on the pic also. So, he did attend the Vanity Fair Oscars Party. I bet that account making claim of it being photoshopped must be LawTiff leghumpers or something. Vanity Fair Oscars Party is highly coveted, the leghumpers perhaps quite enraged that her brother is a "nobody" yet attended the event (as a plus one? bought the ticket?) while Tiff being an actress and fiancée of a "reality star" didn't even get to whiff the venue. 

Def. a leghumper. They sure to bring up that he's gay to discredit him. They say his sister is engaged or whatever getting "lots" of "public attention" because she's with "Lawson Bates of the reality show Bringing Up Bates. It's clear they're fans because only leghumpers would believe that a crappy reality show on a D list cable network is lots of public attention and fame and being well known. 

Oh and their use if deepfake unironically. Only a MAGA nut would do that and they comprise mostly of the diehard Bates humpers.

If "Tiffy" really did like that gross and overall really poor attempt at shit stirring and trolling her brother, she's already gone. I wonder what her new luv thinks of her brother. I like to think she's young and naive but that shows a whole different level of hate and nastiness. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, zee_four said:

If "Tiffy" really did like that gross and overall really poor attempt at shit stirring and trolling her brother, she's already gone. I wonder what her new luv thinks of her brother. I like to think she's young and naive but that shows a whole different level of hate and nastiness. 

I think Tiffany liked her brother’s post, not the one that says it’s fake. I think Tiffany and her brother have a sincerely good relationship.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I think Tiffany liked her brother’s post, not the one that says it’s fake. I think Tiffany and her brother have a sincerely good relationship.

Oh awesome! I'm glad that's the case actually. Thanks for clarifying that. Scratch the last part of my post but the first part remains lol 🌞

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I think watching “Inventing Anna” is making me not believe everything I see, especially on social media.

Is this a good (aka entertaining but not crappy) show? I was thinking about watching it.

They have created YouTube channels for both the wedding and the house renovations, so I guess that is how they’ll be making their money for now.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 2

6 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Is this a good (aka entertaining but not crappy) show? I was thinking about watching it.

My husband and I are watching it now. It's decent, but I think I would've preferred it had it been a straight story, rather than being told through the lens of a reporter writing a story/interviewing all these people who knew Anna. It's an interesting storytelling strategy, but it makes it a little harder to follow the timeline, I think, and new characters show up and it can take a while to figure out who they are/what their connection is. I also usually love Julia Garner, but her accent as Anna is a bit strange and distracting. I've never heard the real Anna speak, so I don't know if that's what she sounds like, but Julia comes off sounding a bit Australian to me at times, which seems odd for a Russian woman who spent time in Germany, France and New York. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

21 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

My husband and I are watching it now. It's decent, but I think I would've preferred it had it been a straight story, rather than being told through the lens of a reporter writing a story/interviewing all these people who knew Anna. It's an interesting storytelling strategy, but it makes it a little harder to follow the timeline, I think, and new characters show up and it can take a while to figure out who they are/what their connection is. I also usually love Julia Garner, but her accent as Anna is a bit strange and distracting. I've never heard the real Anna speak, so I don't know if that's what she sounds like, but Julia comes off sounding a bit Australian to me at times, which seems odd for a Russian woman who spent time in Germany, France and New York. 

The real Anna sounds exactly like that.  She was trying to hide her real accent but there were also German/Russian elements to it.  You can find videos online of her talking.  Julia Garner nailed it. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

They have created YouTube channels for both the wedding and the house renovations, so I guess that is how they’ll be making their money for now.

In a way, this could be better for them (if they are willing to actually put in the work to be successful at it). YouTubers can make a crazy amount of money, and this way the families are more in control of the content they put out there. Recently, Not Enough Nelsons (large mormon YouTube family) did a video on how they have been approached by TLC, Nickelodeon, and others to do shows (including one concept where half the kids would be themselves, and half would be actors, which sounds very freaking weird). However, they decided not to - they talked about control of the content as one reason, but I'm sure it can be just as if not more viable financially, and allows filming schedules to remain within their power, which I would think is a huge deal for larger families who wish to remain "normal".

• Upvote 4

@front hugs > duggs I’m sure that’s right, but like you say they have to put the effort in. I think the reason the Duggars cling on to TLC as long as they did was due to laziness- the producers came up with the ideas and organised and paid for everything- the Duggars just turned up. 
People like watching weddings and house renovations so they have a chance to be successful but it’s probably going to involve a lot of Lawson preening and singing.

• Upvote 8

On 3/30/2022 at 3:08 PM, JDuggs said:

The stuff about her brother being jealous of Tiffany didn’t seem right to me, but the idea of creating some type of influencer lifestyle that wasn’t all completely true seemed more possible. This guy appears to jet set all over the world and seems to live a lavish lifestyle. I think watching “Inventing Anna” is making me not believe everything I see, especially on social media.

He works for a real estate agency that houses listed in the $100 million range. I think it is very likely he does have that lifestyle. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I watched Lawson’s house renovation videos. The Bates guys did a lot of work on the house. Personally, I liked the old-fashioned kitchen cabinets that they tore out, and I think the new ones look cheap. The house had a nice hardwood floor that I hope they kept. Lawson didn’t shave and his stubble looks scraggly, not sexy.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

On 4/3/2022 at 10:35 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I watched Lawson’s house renovation videos. The Bates guys did a lot of work on the house. Personally, I liked the old-fashioned kitchen cabinets that they tore out, and I think the new ones look cheap. The house had a nice hardwood floor that I hope they kept. Lawson didn’t shave and his stubble looks scraggly, not sexy.

I'm always fascinated with fixer-upper prices. Has anyone been able identify the house on Zillow? Lawson referred to it being in the "Nashville area" which to me is a signal that it is not in Nashville proper.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I'm always fascinated with fixer-upper prices. Has anyone been able identify the house on Zillow? Lawson referred to it being in the "Nashville area" which to me is a signal that it is not in Nashville proper.

It’s in Mt. Juliet, a suburb of Nashville. They got it for $245k and Tiffany’s parents seemed to be involved in the purchase. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

Tiffany was having a bridal shower and they seemed to have played a little game with the guests.

Check out Lawson's section, the line ''His fave thing about Tiff''. I don't know if the first choice is suppose to be a joke, because... isn't that the most Lawson answer ever? 🤣🤣🤣

Spoiler

277030568_358012702765633_594430500668982773_n.thumb.jpg.5cb74c4b71ef47d82106898db91a28b6.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 18

12 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

Tiffany was having a bridal shower and they seemed to have played a little game with the guests.

Check out Lawson's section, the line ''His fave thing about Tiff''. I don't know if the first choice is suppose to be a joke, because... isn't that the most Lawson answer ever? 🤣🤣🤣

Hide contents

277030568_358012702765633_594430500668982773_n.thumb.jpg.5cb74c4b71ef47d82106898db91a28b6.jpg

For something that is supposed to be about Tiffany, that is very much about Lawson. Why is “how many children” in the middle of the Lawson trivia? Are Tiffany’s friends making a prediction?

• Upvote 12

God that paper says so much about these two. It’s something a couple of teenagers would make. It’s so superficial and childish to me. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Did Lawson actually do any work in the second part of their house renovation? Even in the comments people are asking the same question.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Did Lawson actually do any work in the second part of their house renovation? Even in the comments people are asking the same question.

Of course not, he's the videographer!

• Upvote 1

On 4/5/2022 at 10:15 PM, Vivi_music said:

Reveal hidden contents

We did something similar when my sis-in-law got married.  The groom got a list of questions to answer, he gave me the paper and she had to guess his answers.  It was actually pretty funny. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, 3splenty said:

We did something similar when my sis-in-law got married.  The groom got a list of questions to answer, he gave me the paper and she had to guess his answers.  It was actually pretty funny. 

Here's Megan Rapinoe and Sue Bird playing the same type of game. Super freaking cute.

• Love 1

On 4/1/2022 at 5:52 AM, CanadianMamam said:

He works for a real estate agency that houses listed in the $100 million range. I think it is very likely he does have that lifestyle. 

Their family is fairly well off, right? All the really high end real estate people I know come from money and have that built in network already. In Vail, Denver, Honolulu... it's all the same M.O. Of course there's people who aren't already wealthy, but it seems like a good chunk have the know how about luxury properties, connections of people willing to spend and their connections and their connections etc. Private prep schools, private liberal arts colleges (my 2 1/2 years at an Ivy were the strangest of my life. I was there for track but already had some pretty bad injuries I was sucking up and ended up getting hurt worse and that was the end of that. All my friends are amazing but the kind of wealth you see, private boarding schools in Newport, the friends of your friends making jokes about the "newbies" going to an apartment broker in NYC asking for a place with decent amenities for under $5k a month and they all laughed (this was when my amazing friend flew my to his parents house in Palm Beach after Sandy when I said what the hell is an apartment broker, I was paying $35] a month for a place in Newark I found on Craigslist they were shocked).

It's not just that crazy wealthy NYC type like my friend's sister's friends were like a lot of the people consider themselves upper middle class, and went to the private schools in Denver ot Vail or LA or Honolulu and weren't scholarship students and have parents with professional connections. A lot of millennials have friends looking to buy houses now that they're married and having kids, and a tiny 2 or 3 bedroom 1-2 bath in Denver goes for an easy mil these days. Or for older people,  post divorce and alimony in Vail luxury real estate is a popular career. My uncle a former NHL player sells real estate because he's not a good business person, luckily he sold his ski shop that got him his green card, before he ran it into the ground. He tries but he's kind of a jersey, but a lot of the people at the agency he works at come from money in one of these ways. 

It's easy to make money. If you already have a good amount.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic