IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 44: Michelle wearing a stupid skirt over leggins which is not news at all

HerNameIsBuffy

On 2/10/2022 at 10:07 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I know I'm not a kind person, but I hope this article bothers them all the more because of that.  The smuggars named their daughter after Meredith Viera ffs.  I guess the kid should be grateful because she's the only girl in that family with a name not spelled like they had to use random Boggle letters.

Oh lordy, I never thought of this but she might have been a Meredyth! She's the only girl with no y in her name, right?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

Nothing from the Duggars about the court judgement -maybe they realise people may point the finger at them. In fact Jana (who I always assumed ran the social media account as well as her own) has been quiet too. Has she been spotted skiing with Jason and the others?

• Upvote 1

From Jinger’s Instagram stories, Jana appears to be doing a jigsaw with Jinger, so I think that she is still in California with the Vuolos. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

Nothing from the Duggars about the court judgement -maybe they realise people may point the finger at them. In fact Jana (who I always assumed ran the social media account as well as her own) has been quiet too. Has she been spotted skiing with Jason and the others?

I only half pay attention and usually without sound, but I somehow was under the impression that Jason and James bought a limousine in LA and we’re driving it back home. They stopped in Colorado to ski with Justin, maybe Claire, and Claire’s brother Robby.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Oh lordy, I never thought of this but she might have been a Meredyth! She's the only girl with no y in her name, right?

They make up for that by calling her Dithy-

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I only half pay attention and usually without sound, but I somehow was under the impression that Jason and James bought a limousine in LA and we’re driving it back home. They stopped in Colorado to ski with Justin, maybe Claire, and Claire’s brother Robby.

Oh god the Duggar buying a likely shoddy limo and driving it across I 70 in the Colorado mountains in the middle of winter seems like an absolutely horrific idea. If they don't break down before Vail Pass odds are they won't make it up. Hopefully they don't cause a crash and shut the whole road down which used to happen occasionally or for weather but the last 10-15 years it's like 40 times more common and usually shuts down for crashes long before weather would shut it down on its own.

• Upvote 7

Meredith Viera looked pretty over it when they showed up to announce Anna's pregnancy with Michael.

The sex/gender reveal was started by a woman as sort in lieu of a shower for her second child since most people only give gifts for their first. 

Grandma Mary was the one who saw the gender reveal in the media and thought it would be cute for Josh and Anna to do one. She liked seeing her family get media attention.

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Grandma Mary was the one who saw the gender reveal in the media and thought it would be cute for Josh and Anna to do one. She liked seeing her family get media attention.

She does not get nearly enough shit for her role in helping JB and M push them into the public eye.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 19

The times that the Duggar’s were on the Today Show I always thought it was Merdeith Viera who wanted them on. She always did the interviews & seemed to enjoy having them on. Actually when she announced she was leaving I remember thinking now the Duggar’s won’t be on the show any more. 

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

She does not get nearly enough shit for her role in helping JB and M push them into the public eye.  

or for schooling her son in the art of shady real estate deals

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The entire show was based around how many children Michelle pushed out of her body. It was even in the title. So yes, they were going to make a huge deal about the gender of an incoming baby and do a big gender reveal extravaganza. Unfortunately their obsession with procreating and defining a person based completely on their genitals seems to have caught on to mainstream America. Probably because many people want an excuse for a party, gifts, and a “look at me” moment in their lives. 

I announced my pregnancy and the baby’s biological sex at the same time via a cake with pink icing in the staff room. Being female is why she was up for embryo adoption so I try to turn being female into cause for celebration. Maybe this is the wrong approach, I don’t know. For now though, my hope is that telling her that Mommy always wanted a girl will be enough to make her see that both male and female are good. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 31

53 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Jimmy seemed to get all the negativity-

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Jimmy seemed to get all the negativity-

Yep.  I'm sure he was a terrible father, but that doesn't make her a good person by default.

This just this second occurred to me, maybe the whole headship, patriarchy thing was a way for JB to blame all of his family of origin issues on his dad and absolve Mary of any responsibility.  His way of giving immunity to his favored parent and letting his dad hold the bag for everything.

It's barely Friday evening and I'm armchair psychoanalyzing Jim Bob...this should get interesting a couple of glasses of wine from now.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Well she drowned in her own pool...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, ven said:

Well she drowned in her own pool...

Meredith Vieira. Not Grandma Mary. Meredith Vieira is a television personality. Grandma Mary was Boob's mom.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Meredith Vieira. Not Grandma Mary. Meredith Vieira is a television personality. Grandma Mary was Boob's mom.

Thank you both for this exchange! I have been crying a lot today, and this made me laugh hysterically! 😆 

• Haha 1
  • Love 2

On 2/11/2022 at 10:43 PM, patsymae said:

or for schooling her son in the art of shady real estate deals

Sounds like Old Ma Trump, actually…

• Upvote 8

On 2/12/2022 at 9:07 AM, Expectopatronus said:

I announced my pregnancy and the baby’s biological sex at the same time via a cake with pink icing in the staff room. Being female is why she was up for embryo adoption so I try to turn being female into cause for celebration. Maybe this is the wrong approach, I don’t know. For now though, my hope is that telling her that Mommy always wanted a girl will be enough to make her see that both male and female are good. 

I am a curious sticky beak so feel free to tell me to boot off

Do you know why she was up for adoption because she was a girl

were the bio family gender balancing their family (already had girls) and wanted a boy(s) or where they just didn't want girls?

I think letting an embryo go out for adoption is an awesome thing for all involved (if the child made gets the "proper" info and stable info about their conception. I am by no means judging or saying that you are not meeting your child's needs. My child is donor sperm conceived and I work on everyday filling the void of her not knowing who half her biology is, I myself was not raised with my bio family, so I am acutely aware of what it is like to not see any bio mirroring in my own family. 

I would like to hope and believe that the bio family didn't just not want her just because she was a girl but because they had the luxury of choosing a boy ( that does sound like shit I know). I mean more to say that they still cared about her enough to see her born again that still sounds like shit I know 

Anyway because of my own life circumstances I find this whole topic and experience interesting from both the bio family and the raising family and the child's perspective.

• Upvote 5

@AussieKrissy Sadly, it wasn’t due to gender balancing; they only wanted one kid and a boy. I know this because the clinic accidentally sent me more information than they should have (family had created 14 embryos, screened 12 of them, only two were healthy, they took the male embryo and left the ungender typed embryo and female embryo with the clinic). My girl is Chinese so only wanting one baby makes sense due to restrictions that were in place for so long. The first pregnancy (I lost that one), the parents had put all six female embryos up for adoption and the clinic touts itself as allowing gender selection. This is totally illegal in Canada but I went through a clinic in the US due to cost. 

• Sad 6

@AussieKrissyI have a good friend who had two boys naturally with her husband. He had some health conditions, and as a result they were eligible for and chose to undertake IVF. Friend really wanted a girl… they got two embryos, a female and a male. They implanted and had the little girl. Didn’t feel they could do four kids, partially due to health conditions. Gave it up for open adoption and the family is amazing, wanted to try gestation after adopting three girls out of foster care. It’s still totally ethically questionable I’m sure, but sometimes things work out. The adoptive mom keeps a FB page so a few of us can witness his amazing little life unfold. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

• 4 weeks later...

It seems that the Duggars are preparing to put up on the marriage market another kid, i saw on Tumblr and Reddit that there are speculation about James and an Andregg girl. They was togheter at the bowling with her parents (and a couple of chaperons of course, you never know what could happen while bowling ) and looking at her Instagram he seems to be the only Duggar male she follow...i think i have Lost count how manu older than 18 and unmarried Kids are left? 

The next one to turn 18 should be Johanna in a couple of years right? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 1

Well no more TV money, failed election bid and legal bills for the turd mean the Duggars probably want their children off their hands as quickly as possible.

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 5

@Idlewild That could work for the girls as  they become a "problem" (🤢) of the new family, but the boys have to sustain a new family on a single income, and who Is going to give them work? Daddy of course...

If the rumor Is true i think we will see another marriage around Summer 2023 for them. I don't know the Andregg family can someone write a round down for them?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

It seems that the Duggars are preparing to put up on the marriage market another kid, i saw on Tumblr and Reddit that there are speculation about James and an Andregg girl. They was together at the bowling with her parents (and a couple of chaperons of course, you never know what could happen while bowling ) and looking at her Instagram he seems to be the only Duggar male she follow...i think i have Lost count how manu older than 18 and unmarried Kids are left? 

The next one to turn 18 should be Johanna in a couple of years right? 

Jana, Jason, and James are all over 18 in that order. Jackson will turn 18 soon then Johannah. 

If the money is drying up, they should stop marrying off the boys unless they have in-laws to help support the family. There has been speculation about an Andregg-Duggar match for a long time. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Ops i forgot poor Jackson! Thanks @Bluebirdbluebell 

I agree about marrying of the boys, but maybe they hope to make another Spivey deal in wich the kid go working with the bride family or so? Otherways each boy that get married means more money that goes out not less 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic