IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 44: Michelle wearing a stupid skirt over leggins which is not news at all

HerNameIsBuffy

Kaylee (sorry autocorrect hates her name spelling) is still pretty fundie but she seems happy in her life. She has 5 kids and lives in the country. 

I will give a quick run down of the adult Holt kids for anyone interested. Their oldest son is divorced. He married a fundie quite young, had one kid, and divorced. Then there are all the adult Holt sisters. None are married besides Kaylee. I think this is a good thing if they feel they aren’t ready. But they still appear to be fundie. They seem to like hanging out with the Neidnagels. I really do wonder what the adult Holt children think of the trial and their mom’s involvement. They probably think their mom did the right thing. I just wonder what they think of Josh. Their son in his early 20s is engaged. All the boys have SCH initials. The girls have K names. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 8

While I agree it does seem unfair that the judge acknowledges they were wrong to release the information, the legal burden on proving that they did so with malicious intent to cause distress to the women was always going to be a tough challenge and from skimming the judgement it doesn’t sound like the sisters presented their case very convincingly. 
I hope the sisters didn’t lose a load of money pursuing the case- they would be better looking at those who caused the most distress to them- JB, Michelle and Josh.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1

https://www.today.com/parents/parents/ministry-affiliated-duggars-scandal-financial-issues-rcna15540

The Today Show covering the fall of IBLP using the Duggars as the poster family for the failed cult.  Happy Thursday everyone!

They went pretty hard.  Gothard's sexual assualts, Smug's sex crimes against children (all versions and decades), and even JB's hypocrisy on campaigning on the death penalty for sex offenders complete with video.

Considering how tepid the recent NBC article was on IBLP I was pleasantly surprised they tossed it all out there.  Including J'chelle with her dopey adoring gaze.

Edited to thank @Nothing if not critical for pointing out it was the same article.  I swear I wasn't homeschooled by Michelle, even though it seems that way at times.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 12

Remember when the Today Show constantly had the Duggars on for announcements like new pregnancies and a stupid gender reveal of Josh and Anna’s fetus with a cake. They were one of the first ones to do the cake gender reveal. I would say the Today show popularized the colored cake gender reveal craze. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Remember when the Today Show constantly had the Duggars on for announcements like new pregnancies and a stupid gender reveal of Josh and Anna’s fetus with a cake. They were one of the first ones to do the cake gender reveal. I would say the Today show popularized the colored cake gender reveal craze. 

I know I'm not a kind person, but I hope this article bothers them all the more because of that.  The smuggars named their daughter after Meredith Viera ffs.  I guess the kid should be grateful because she's the only girl in that family with a name not spelled like they had to use random Boggle letters.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 15
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I know I'm not a kind person, but I hope this article bothers them all the more because of that.  The smuggars named their daughter after Meredith Viera ffs.  I guess the kid should be grateful because she's the only girl in that family with a name not spelled like they had to random Boggle letters.

The Today show acted like they were BFFs with the Duggar family. But that was back when it was Matt Lauer and Meredith Viera and they are both gone now. The Today show will probably act like that shit never happened.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Today show acted like they were BFFs with the Duggar family. But that was back when it was Matt Laurier and Meredith Viera and they are both gone now. The Today show will probably act like that shot never happened.

Life lesson, do not name your child after some morning show host in an attempt to eek out 5 more seconds of attention.  

• Upvote 10

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Life lesson, do not name your child after some morning show host in an attempt to eek out 5 more seconds of attention.  

I guess it’s good they weren’t having a boy. Then it would have been after Matt. And between him and Meredith, I much prefer Meredith. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess it’s good they weren’t having a boy. Then it would have been after Matt. And between him and Meredith, I much prefer Meredith. 

Matt Lauer is a scumbag, but I like the name Matthew.  I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I hate the name Meredith.  I know it's usually used for girls, but every time I see it I think of the old guy on The Amazing Race and his wife Gretchen screaming "Merrrriiiiidddittthhh."

I bet she never called him Dithy, though. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 2

54 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Considering how tepid the recent NBC article was on IBLP I was pleasantly surprised they tossed it all out there.  Including J'chelle with her dopey adoring gaze.

Am I missing something? The Today Show article behind the link was the exact same as the NBC article linked on Sunday. Or are we talking about a different article here?

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Am I missing something? The Today article was the exact same as the NBC article linked on Sunday. Or are we talking about a different article here?

I just checked and you're right.  Now I'm wondering what I read on Sunday that was thinking of when I wrote this comment.

My office is out of half and half so I haven't had coffee today, can I get a pass on foggy thinking?  :) 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I just checked and you're right.  Now I'm wondering what I read on Sunday that was thinking of when I wrote this comment.

My office is out of half and half so I haven't had coffee today, can I get a pass on foggy thinking?  :) 

Of course you can! I hope I didn't come across as rude - I was just legitimately wondering if I somehow got the links messed up. :)

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Am I missing something? The Today Show article behind the link was the exact same as the NBC article linked on Sunday. Or are we talking about a different article here?

At the bottom of the Today article, it says it was originally published on NBC.com - so no one is confused, Today just didn't cite their course until the very end. It is the same article.

• Thank You 3

5 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Of course you can! I hope I didn't come across as rude - I was just legitimately wondering if I somehow got the links messed up. :)

Oh you didn't, not at all!  I just confused myself  🤣

• Upvote 1

I know gender reveals are completely mainstream and fairly popular these days. But I will always say the Duggars made them popular. I don’t think they invented them. People had been doing them before the Duggars. But I do think the Duggars made them more mainstream and popular through the today show and their show on TLC. Which isn’t surprising. A sexist fertility cult cares way too much about the sex of their fetus. It’s not a shock to think their obsession would rub off on the mainstream. 

• Upvote 6

Ok I’m probably getting way too into this….

Theres a woman named Jenna Karvunidis who had a blog back in 2008. She is credited as the first to do a gender reveal on her blog. So that’s basically the starting point of social media gender reveals. Josh and Anna did the cake gender reveal on the Today show only a year later in June of 2009. I think most people hadn’t even heard of cake gender reveals before that because the blog in 2008 wasn’t a crazy popular blog that everyone would have seen. But the Today show is a popular morning show. Especially in 2009. So I would argue that the idea of a cake gender reveal was likely made popular by Josh and Anna because very few had not seen anything like that before. So if anyone wants to bitch about crazy gender reveals that start forest fires and explosions, you can blame Josh Duggar 😉

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok I’m probably getting way too into this….

Theres a woman named Jenna Karvunidis who had a blog back in 2008. She is credited as the first to do a gender reveal on her blog. So that’s basically the starting point of social media gender reveals. Josh and Anna did the cake gender reveal on the Today show only a year later in June of 2009. I think most people hadn’t even heard of cake gender reveals before that because the blog in 2008 wasn’t a crazy popular blog that everyone would have seen. But the Today show is a popular morning show. Especially in 2009. So I would argue that the idea of a cake gender reveal was likely made popular by Josh and Anna because very few had not seen anything like that before. So if anyone wants to bitch about crazy gender reveals that start forest fires and explosions, you can blame Josh Duggar 😉

I think the timing goes along with social media and Pinterest taking over every day life. Gender reveals seem just made for social media, more than for real people. No offense to anyone who does them, any reason to party is fine by me - but it’s made for smart phone photo shoots.  I don’t think I know any rl people who have had one.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Theres a woman named Jenna Karvunidis who had a blog back in 2008. She is credited as the first to do a gender reveal on her blog.

Just looked her up and it turns out these days she's very vocally against gender reveal parties, and the general idea of trying to define a baby's gender before they're even born. Quite the juxtaposition with Josh and Anna. 

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 10

I think for Counting On it was just something to do for filming. These people are fairly dull, the one they do is have babies so planning a party, getting them all together generated some sort of interest. It was either that or faux surprise proposals, dress shopping at Miss Renee or Ben rapping. 

• Upvote 8

14 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I think for Counting On it was just something to do for filming. These people are fairly dull, the one they do is have babies so planning a party, getting them all together generated some sort of interest. It was either that or faux surprise proposals, dress shopping at Miss Renee or Ben rapping. 

The entire show was based around how many children Michelle pushed out of her body. It was even in the title. So yes, they were going to make a huge deal about the gender of an incoming baby and do a big gender reveal extravaganza. Unfortunately their obsession with procreating and defining a person based completely on their genitals seems to have caught on to mainstream America. Probably because many people want an excuse for a party, gifts, and a “look at me” moment in their lives. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9

46 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

and defining a person based completely on their genitals seems to have caught on to mainstream America.

Long before people knew the sex of the baby pre-birth people would buy neutral colors and once they were born then buy gender specific stuff.  This hardly started with the Duggars or SM, this is from the beginning of time.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Long before people knew the sex of the baby pre-birth people would buy neutral colors and once they were born then buy gender specific stuff.  This hardly started with the Duggars or SM, this is from the beginning of time.  

I don’t know the complete history of gendering of babies, but I do know I read that babies basically all wore the same sort of stuff 100 years ago. Gowns that were easy for diaper changing. I imagine that was pretty common for awhile. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t know the complete history of gendering of babies, but I do know I read that babies basically all wore the same sort of stuff 100 years ago. Gowns that were easy for diaper changing. I imagine that was pretty common for awhile. 

I have no idea why this is your hill to die on, but clearly I didn't mean the literal beginning of time like when babies were wrapped in bear skins from their Neanderthal parents latest kill.

I had kids before ultrasounds were totally ubiquitous.  My parents had kids before people knew the sex before birth as did my grandparents and neutral stuff for newborns was the norm, then when the babies were born the gender specific stuff was bought.

I have no idea how this is even a controversial thing to say or why you need the Duggars to be the ones to have brought gender reveals mainstream but fine, the Duggars and Matt Lauer changed our world.  😂

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I have no idea why this is your hill to die on, but clearly I didn't mean the literal beginning of time like when babies were wrapped in bear skins from their Neanderthal parents latest kill.

I had kids before ultrasounds were totally ubiquitous.  My parents had kids before people knew the sex before birth as did my grandparents and neutral stuff for newborns was the norm, then when the babies were born the gender specific stuff was bought.

I have no idea how this is even a controversial thing to say or why you need the Duggars to be the ones to have brought gender reveals mainstream but fine, the Duggars and Matt Lauer changed our world.  😂

Umm ok. I didn’t think it was a super serious topic. More like a fun side topic since the Duggars are a huge downer. 

• Upvote 9

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Umm ok. I didn’t think it was a super serious topic. More like a fun side topic since the Duggars are a huge downer. 

Sometimes it's hard to read tone in text, your posts read like you were super invested in this and doubling down and I had no idea why.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic