IGNORED

Katie & Travis 3: Married and Expecting to be Expecting Soon….

nelliebelle1197

In the previous thread, Aussie Krissie posted an Instagram photo of Alyssa's family walking together, and I have no idea how to quote that or if it's possible so this might seem like a lame reply but it was my instant reaction. 

Halloween-Witches-on-Roof.jpeg

Edited by backyard sylph
format needed refinement
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

Belated wedding comments:

LOVED Katie's dress. Idk why, I love the satin look and that sort of neckline. If I were getting married in colder weather, I'd love that dress. 

Don't digging the bridesmaids in all black, definitely reminds me of the funerals I've been to. 

• Upvote 5

48 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

In the previous thread, Aussie Krissie posted an Instagram photo of Alyssa's family walking together, and I have no idea how to quote that or if it's possible so this might seem like a lame reply but it was my instant reaction. 

Halloween-Witches-on-Roof.jpeg

Oh I love this I can’t unsee it now I have re loaded it for you 36648397-8EDA-4C7E-A322-719611DE5546.thumb.png.35b31cd88da0b4db71253c657c765420.png

• Love 1

7 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

And she is now significantly older and in a very different phase of life than these teen Bates brides.

I think Whitney is 29 years old. Katie is maybe 22? I don't see such a big difference. 

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think Whitney is 29 years old. Katie is maybe 22? I don't see such a big difference. 

Katie just turned 21 in October

RE poster thinking of postpartum bridesmaid dress: pick something that will fit a bigger bust and will be easy to take off for nursing. Also, pick something that will flatter your waistline because you might still have a bump (or not!) but you won’t want to feel self either. Make sure the nursing pads can fit in your dress seamlessly! I was always leaking so that was a must for me. 

• Thank You 1

Katie posted a video compilation of her and Travis from the wedding. How....not modest. Lot of sultry looks and inuendo. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Thorns said:

Katie posted a video compilation of her and Travis from the wedding. How....not modest. Lot of sultry looks and inuendo. 

Where? Can you share it, please?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

29/30 vs 20/21 is actually pretty huge - when I was 20 nearly 30 seemed ancient in terms of life and goals and maturity. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Thorns said:

But don't you know modest is only about not touching or ever being alone with the person  you are going to marry. Once your married all is fine even weird close up shots of your boobs and lots of poorly editted smoldering.  /s

she looks over 30 and very in love with her self in the video. Really very odd - he seems like a prop

1 hour ago, käsekuchen said:

Where? Can you share it, please?

On instragram on her account post not story so it won't expire

Screenshot_20211205-131427.jpg

Edited by byzant
Add pic
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh I love this I can’t unsee it now I have re loaded it for you 36648397-8EDA-4C7E-A322-719611DE5546.thumb.png.35b31cd88da0b4db71253c657c765420.png

Thanks! Sorry I got your name a bit wrong; my short-term memory goes its own way.

11 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

My wedding hair was the 90's French twist with pieces hung on either side. 🤣 My favorite hairstyle and one I still do to this day is those tiny clips. I use it to pull my front hair back, usually three if I do it. I love it because I can pull my hair over my thinning spots and it keeps my hair out of my face. I probably look ridiculous due to my age but I don't really care. It's so practical for me. 

I actually still like putting my hair up in a French twist with a clip. I’ve always had clips and scrunchies. Even when they were very out of style. I think a French twist is classic like a bun.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

According to Fundie Wiki, Whitney turned 28 at the end of September and Katie turned 21 at the beginning of October. They are almost exactly 7 years apart. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

I think Whitney probably filled a fun big sister role. The actual big sisters were overworked and possibly resented having to be sister moms for most of their childhood. Whitney never had to be a sister mom. She could just enjoy socializing and becoming friends with all the Bates sisters. Without any past resentment popping up. 

• Upvote 15

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

29/30 vs 20/21 is actually pretty huge - when I was 20 nearly 30 seemed ancient in terms of life and goals and maturity. 

But it's enterely possible to have a good friend who is 7 years older. Not all 20 year olds consider people on their late twenties "ancient". Plus Katie is somehow involved in the Bates sister boutique, so they may be really close.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Whitney probably filled a fun big sister role. The actual big sisters were overworked and possibly resented having to be sister moms for most of their childhood. Whitney never had to be a sister mom. She could just enjoy socializing and becoming friends with all the Bates sisters. Without any past resentment popping up. 

THIS. I think this is it.

Michael had to be mom and Erin always seems like the favorite and the princess.

• Upvote 14

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I actually still like putting my hair up in a French twist with a clip. I’ve always had clips and scrunchies. Even when they were very out of style. I think a French twist is classic like a bun.

When you have a certain amount of hair, those are often all that works - coolness/hipness be damned! I always dread reading or watching hair-do instructions for the “secure with bobby pins!” part. Well ok, I’ll just start setting off random metal detectors with the 2kg of added metal on my head!

(My very thick and wavy hair is usually between elbow and hip length, though even at chin length it is a LOT.)

• Upvote 2

The Sister-Mom relationship may really f**k up sister relationships. I mean, most people don't have their mothers in their wedding party. If the older girls had to "provide discipline" to the younger ones, I could see the younger siblings resenting them.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

RE poster thinking of postpartum bridesmaid dress: pick something that will fit a bigger bust and will be easy to take off for nursing. Also, pick something that will flatter your waistline because you might still have a bump (or not!) but you won’t want to feel self either. Make sure the nursing pads can fit in your dress seamlessly! I was always leaking so that was a must for me. 

Thank you! I really appreciate the advice :) 

Where are they honeymooning?

I hope they hold off on having kids like Travis' siblings (seemingly) are doing. I can't imagine Katie pregnant, she seems like such a kid still.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, gthesecond said:

Where are they honeymooning?

I hope they hold off on having kids like Travis' siblings (seemingly) are doing. I can't imagine Katie pregnant, she seems like such a kid still.

Cabo San Lucas in Mexico. Odd choice for them, but the Bates seem to love their beach honeymoons.

• Upvote 2

On 12/4/2021 at 10:10 PM, Jigsaw3 said:

Does anyone know if any of Travis' siblings who got married recently are expecting? If they've managed to hold off on honeymoon babies, there's a better model to follow and some hope for K&T to not sprog immediately.

Nothing official, though I noticed Kayla held a bouquet over her stomach in all wedding pics. I'm sure we'll get announcements from all three couples next year, if they don't already have the baby.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

The Clarks had 3 kids all around 2 years apart and then stopped. Boy do I hope Katie follows in those footsteps. Please don’t have a dozen kids Katie. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hairstyle confession time:  I was a teenager in the 80s when banana clips were *the* thing to have.  I still have one, and I still use it once in a while…..

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic