IGNORED

Katie & Travis 3: Married and Expecting to be Expecting Soon….

nelliebelle1197

4 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Shades of Justin and Claire Duggar... 

Exactly, and both girls style themselves in a way that age them (hair & makeup) , I know a lot of women who married younger men but they keep it natural and ppl don't notice it.  

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Because if he had an issue with his dad, he'd definitely post it on instagram. 

I mean, most of those people stay in. It's not a stretch of the imagination that he's gonna stay in line. What would be "off" would be having his own thoughts. At this point, only time will tell. 

• Upvote 5

@meep totally agree. We are all speculating on the info made public. Ive no idea why  that posters implication is it's ok to speculate that a  person moving away from the beliefs on absolutely no evidence but they object to people speculating on the actual content which clearly shows at the minute he's all in with his family. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, byzant said:

@meep totally agree. We are all speculating on the info made public. Ive no idea why  that posters implication is it's ok to speculate that a  person moving away from the beliefs on absolutely no evidence but they object to people speculating on the actual content which clearly shows at the minute he's all in with his family. 

This. All we have to go by is social media and that indicates that Travis is close to his parents. He posts frequently with his father and they did the renovation together. We know that Travis and Katie are going to be living  in New Jersey, so it doesn't seem like a far reach that they will be following the Clark's general beliefs. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

On 12/11/2021 at 9:02 AM, Dbm said:

Exactly, and both girls style themselves in a way that age them (hair & makeup) , I know a lot of women who married younger men but they keep it natural and ppl don't notice it.  

I really dislike this insinuation that somehow, if a women is the older one in a relationship, she needs to make sure no one notices. Why does it matter if Katie looks older than Travis? No one would bat an eye if it was the other way round.

Lots to criticize about these people. A woman being and/or looking older than her partner should hardly be one of those things. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

I really dislike this insinuation that somehow, if a women is the older one in a relationship, she needs to make sure no one notices. Why does it matter if Katie looks older than Travis? No one would bat an eye if it was the other way round.

Lots to criticize about these people. A woman being and/or looking older than her partner should hardly be one of those things. 

Thank you. They aren't even a year apart and they would have been in the same grade if they went to school together. The way so many snarkers talk about their minor age gap is weird (same with Justin & Claire).

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

She looks like Candace Cameron Bure in my opinion. But not like, a younger version of her. She looks like her now. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, LanaBanana said:

Thank you. They aren't even a year apart and they would have been in the same grade if they went to school together. The way so many snarkers talk about their minor age gap is weird (same with Justin & Claire).

I don’t think anyone is snarking about their age gap, but Travis is such baby face, they sometimes appear mismatched in pictures. I think Katie is beautiful and Travis is a good looking kid. I think that maybe some people have meant that Katie doesn’t have to use so much make up because she doesn’t need it. But if that’s the look she likes, it’s her choice.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

3 hours ago, LanaBanana said:

It’s not the age difference, but rather how the girls enhance themselves to appear older is what we are discussing. I think much of this is based on wanting the respect and deference from others, that tends to come with age. These folks are taking steps (marriage, parenthood) that most females/males of their age group do not engage for 7-10 years in the Western World. 20 years going to MX on Spring break, sure, but on a honeymoon, pretty rare in this day and age.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

It’s is no problem to be older than your partner (but I know my country is more relaxed on age differences than the majority of the US from what I experienced) and look like it. It’s also absolutely fine to be younger or the same age and look older. Be it just because or on purpose. A visible age difference is fine, no matter if real or just looking that way.
The thing is- I don’t believe for a second Katie wants to be taken for a 30+year old. Make up helps with cameras. She is raised to be dolled up to her headship preferences. She is presented with very heavy made up faces for everyday a lot (I mean they look as if they use foundation, brow pencil, eyeshadow, flash lashes or tons of mascara, eyeliner, lip colour and either highlighter+bronzer or blush daily). I don’t I believe she actually realises that she looks that much older and would be happy if she notices. To me it looks like a mix of too much make up the overuse of filters. 

• Upvote 9

My issue is that both couples are way too young to get married but you don’t realize the female is just as young as the male because she wears lots of makeup. Normally in fundie land the male is older than the female so you don’t notice it as much. For example, John and Alyssa. She wore a lot of makeup to make her look the same age as John but she was only 19. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Totally late to the game but...

- I think Katie looked gorgeous, and as soon as I saw it I thought she looked like Carrie Underwood. I think the whole look fit her aesthetic...but I was shocked at a sleeveless dress. 

- His whole family is skirts only so I don't think for a second we will be seeing her out and about in jeans. This is honestly the first thing I thought of when it was clear they were a couple and headed towards marriage, especially because she's so close with Josie and loves a current/trendy vibe but she's just saddled herself to a life of skirts/dresses only.

- The honeymoon choice also seemed weird because I just can't see her frolicking on the beach in a bathing suit - although I think I saw a photo of her where you could clearly see a string bathing suit strap hanging out so maybe she is? 

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, LillyP said:

Totally late to the game but...

- I think Katie looked gorgeous, and as soon as I saw it I thought she looked like Carrie Underwood. I think the whole look fit her aesthetic...but I was shocked at a sleeveless dress. 

- His whole family is skirts only so I don't think for a second we will be seeing her out and about in jeans. This is honestly the first thing I thought of when it was clear they were a couple and headed towards marriage, especially because she's so close with Josie and loves a current/trendy vibe but she's just saddled herself to a life of skirts/dresses only.

- The honeymoon choice also seemed weird because I just can't see her frolicking on the beach in a bathing suit - although I think I saw a photo of her where you could clearly see a string bathing suit strap hanging out so maybe she is? 

So glad I wasn’t the only one to see Carrie Underwood in the wedding photos!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

On 12/13/2021 at 7:10 AM, JDuggs said:

I don’t think anyone is snarking about their age gap, but Travis is such baby face, they sometimes appear mismatched in pictures. I think Katie is beautiful and Travis is a good looking kid. I think that maybe some people have meant that Katie doesn’t have to use so much make up because she doesn’t need it. But if that’s the look she likes, it’s her choice.

Thank you so much 

I didn't mean what the other two posters said. I generally think that fundie girls style themselves in a way that age them I said the same about the other sisters who are married to men older than them. they are both naturally gorgeous girls (claire and katie) And I feel the way they are styling themselves hide that.  

On 12/13/2021 at 1:42 AM, JillyO said:

the age difference is barely there between these two couples (katie/travis, claire/justin), and I didn't mean that. 

There is nothing wrong with women marrying men who are younger, just like when men do it.

I am discussing style not the age difference.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

On 12/12/2021 at 8:45 AM, byzant said:

Ive no idea why  that posters implication is it's ok to speculate that a  person moving away from the beliefs on absolutely no evidence but they object to people speculating on the actual content which clearly shows at the minute he's all in with his family. 

Yes, like Jill Duggar. She was exactly what she seemed to be--a godly daughter with no thoughts of her own. Same with Josh Duggar, I suppose? He was the solid family man he pretended to be?

• Fuck You 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Yes, like Jill Duggar. She was exactly what she seemed to be--a godly daughter with no thoughts of her own. Same with Josh Duggar, I suppose? He was the solid family man he pretended to be?

Except Jill changed slowly (and publicly) over time and Josh has had nefarious rumors about him for over a decade. You missed those details. 

• Upvote 9

I liked Katie's rehearsal dinner dress more. I thought she looked like a dream. Satin wedding dresses aren't for me. I used to like Katie because she seemed to break away a tad from the family line - wanted to be a nurse, liked ice cream (my fav too!), and yes she's absolutely gorgeous but she went full-on instagram fake aesthetic. So thin, so blonde, so made up. She still looks great, it just makes me sad. She'll probably be a parent within 13 months. No wonder young fundie women struggle. You either are "left on the shelf" and deal with all those feelings (like Rachel Busenitz always talking about her long season of singleness getting married at 30), married young/older but dealing with infertility which is I'm sure a special kind of hell as a fundie, or married young and a parent young, hitting all your milestones early and then just...what? You're supposed to stay at home, homeschool ever-increasing numbers of children, and never get to be a leader unless it's in a women's or children's type of ministry. Plus you're beholden to your husband or father. Carlin and Alyssa get annoying but like, they're probably wondering "is this it?" "is my time in the sun over?" I feel Katie will be the same. They have horrible beliefs and I hate how they raise their children but gosh its just so sad. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

Is Katie ever going to her marital home in NJ?  They’re back from the Mexican honeymoon  it still in TN and Katie is helping Kelly get the storage room cleaned up and organized. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Is Katie ever going to her marital home in NJ?  They’re back from the Mexican honeymoon  it still in TN and Katie is helping Kelly get the storage room cleaned up and organized. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think in one of the stories, she said they’re in TN for a few days for a Christmas party, and then leaving for NJ

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, Keys said:

I think in one of the stories, she said they’re in TN for a few days for a Christmas party, and then leaving for NJ

Thanks for the info. I still think it’s a little strange. Also I wonder where they’re staying. I wouldn’t want to be in the big noisy crowded house as a newlywed. Maybe it’s just me though. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 3

On 12/15/2021 at 12:39 AM, meep said:

Except Jill changed slowly (and publicly) over time and Josh has had nefarious rumors about him for over a decade. You missed those details. 

This a thousand times this. No one is saying I s impossible they will change we are saying there is no evidence of that at the minute unlike in the two cases that poster referenced. Also weirdly aggressive insistence that their speculation based on nothing is the only valid one is weird- hey ho ignore function is great. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Thanks for the info. I still think it’s a little strange. Also I wonder where they’re staying. I wouldn’t want to be in the big noisy crowded house as a newlywed. Maybe it’s just me though. 🤷🏻‍♀️

It’s funny… my husband and I came back from our honeymoon and stayed with my parents for a week, too. We were living in a different city for school, but at that time, we were both doing placements in our hometown (worked out better for pre-wedding things since that’s where our wedding was). I would say it was definitely less than ideal to stay with my parents and brothers right after our honeymoon, haha, but that was really the only option for us at the time 😅

For Katie, I kind of get the impression that she’s trying to maximize the time spent with her fam before moving away… I imagine that’s going to be a massive life change for her. 

• Upvote 17

So Deven Clark (who is married to Travis’ brother Mike) posted on Instagram that she’s grateful for the K5 class she is currently student teacher for. The teacher of the class is Travis’ sister Kayla. 

Both are recently married so it’ll be interesting to see how long their teaching careers last, although Kayla has been married 9 months and no announcement yet. I’m guessing Deven may be waiting until she’s a ‘qualified’ * teacher to start a family. 

I also wonder, given how close she’ll be living to them, whether having two sisters in law who are working (together, so probably talking about it a lot too) will impact on Katie’s plans at all. 

* I put qualified in inverted commas as I’m not sure what qualification she’s currently working towards or through what college. The fact she’s currently working alongside her SIL seems a bit of a coincidence? 

• Upvote 7

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic