IGNORED

Katie & Travis 3: Married and Expecting to be Expecting Soon….

nelliebelle1197

7 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I feel you. But that’s the benefit of the next generation I guess. They haven’t lived through it yet, and therefore can be as excited about it as we were when we where 16. I have seen so much stuff coming back the last two years that I won’t touch with a with a ten foot pole. It’s not trendy it’s not fashionable it’s just cringe. To me. No one could sell me that as a good look. But the younglings feel different, that’s their prerogative. I will just wait till they realise how stupid some of those trends look and feel the same way. 

There are some 90s style that have come back that I think are super cute. I always thought they were cute in the 90s and still think they are cute. But there are definitely some 90s styles that can stay in the 90s! 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Josie has a story of Katie and Travis leaving the venue and it is so awkward to watch Hsu hands. He has no idea how or where to put his hands. No touch courtships are so messed up. 

• Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

With the Duggars and Bates (and maybe this applies to everyone really), it seems the younger women want to present as older, and older women (Michelle) try to present themselves as more youthful. Why did 20 YO Erin want to look 35 ? Perhaps so people would take her more seriously? 

Another thing that I hate is the trend for women to dress to the hilt and the guys to show up looking like it’s poker night. Yesterday, the outfits the soon to be bride groom worn to the rehearsal were a mismatch. She looked like she might be going to a cocktail party and he to a matinee. Today my husband and I are going to a family Christmas gathering in a nice restaurant. He already asked me what I would be wearing and if X would be fine for him to wear. We don’t coordinate outfits as in matchy match, but we do match in terms of formal vs less so. I hate the trend of guys wearing what appear to be athletic shoes with suits to a wedding. 

• Upvote 11

3 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Josie has a story of Katie and Travis leaving the venue and it is so awkward to watch Hsu hands. He has no idea how or where to put his hands. No touch courtships are so messed up. 

Agreed.  It really did look awkward.  I keep wondering how many times she'll shove ice cream in his face on their honeymoon.  

• Haha 6

So I was just looking at some pictures from a formal I went to with some friends back in 1996. I had my hair in the popular “French twist” with you guessed it, two little pieces of hair on each temple. My friends also had those two pieces hanging down from their hair too. We were wearing baby doll dresses and dark red lipstick. Looking mighty cute I must say. Even if our hair was a little iffy ;)

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 3

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

So I was just looking at some pictures from a formal I went to with some friends back in 1996. I had my hair in the popular “French twist” with you guessed it, two little pieces of hair on each temple. My friend friends also had those two pieces hanging down from their hair too. We were wearing baby doll dresses and dark red lipstick. Looking mighty cute I must say. Even if our hair was a little iffy ;)

LOL- the 90s, the decade I lost to working all the time and having 2 little ones. If I was Michelle Duggar that would apply to almost 3 decades. Rufus Bless

• Upvote 4

Okay Esther we know that you got married like a month ago but, maybe let Katie have her turn now?

I feel that she craves attention because she comes from a big family, but you got married to a dude from a big family too, they can barely give each one of you 2 minutes to shine and that's it. 🤗😶

Spoiler

263357680_4879296745423230_4887391830199032402_n-2.jpg.92b8b5d82c3ddea0d0ef557e7387f116.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Dbm said:

Okay Esther we know that you got married like a month ago but, maybe let Katie have her turn now?

I feel that she craves attention because she comes from a big family, but you got married to a dude from a big family too, they can barely give each one of you 2 minutes to shine and that's it. 🤗😶

Hide contents

263357680_4879296745423230_4887391830199032402_n-2.jpg.92b8b5d82c3ddea0d0ef557e7387f116.jpg

I bet she was talking about her wedding the entire day yesterday. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Also, Katie pulled off the satin/sleek/glam dress & vibe way better than Esther … remember everyone on FJ was looking up dresses that would have been the style but better? The one Katie wore was one everyone liked for Esther! 

The face framing hair strands for ponytails is definitely “cool” again now!! Along with claw clips. Josie knows what’s stylish if anyone does! 

and I echo everyone who is disturbed those two are going to do the deed when he’s never even touched her waist, neck, etc. Even if you waited for marriage, the act seems cheapened somehow if EVERY intimate touch is included in the experience. Like sometimes a tender hand on your neck, cheek, or comforting grab of the waist is nice on its own. Now Katie is gonna be groped everywhere at once in one sitting, the tiny touches don’t have nuance! Or even worse, NO intimate touches because it’s just straight to the point and he has no idea of erogenous zones and she doesn’t know what would even feel good …. 

ah yikes 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

Tori worries me a bit. I get that she is a busy mother and perhaps not too body confident at the moment and of course cost might be an issue but she wore a bulky cardigan with a stain on the sleeve  to her sister's fancy wedding. I sometimes see mothers who are so busy putting everyone ahead of themselves that they forget that they need to take care of themselves often depression plays a role in these situations.  I wonder if she is feeling not so good about herself right now and somehow thinks she doesn't deserve a nice outfit. I hope I am wrong about this.

• Upvote 14
  • Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

Also, Katie pulled off the satin/sleek/glam dress & vibe way better than Esther … remember everyone on FJ was looking up dresses that would have been the style but better? The one Katie wore was one everyone liked for Esther! 

The face framing hair strands for ponytails is definitely “cool” again now!! Along with claw clips. Josie knows what’s stylish if anyone does! 

and I echo everyone who is disturbed those two are going to do the deed when he’s never even touched her waist, neck, etc. Even if you waited for marriage, the act seems cheapened somehow if EVERY intimate touch is included in the experience. Like sometimes a tender hand on your neck, cheek, or comforting grab of the waist is nice on its own. Now Katie is gonna be groped everywhere at once in one sitting, the tiny touches don’t have nuance! Or even worse, NO intimate touches because it’s just straight to the point and he has no idea of erogenous zones and she doesn’t know what would even feel good …. 

ah yikes 

It’s disturbing. I think most of us as teens or 20 somethings went slow with our intimacies (unless it was forced). I think I first held hands with a boy when I was like 14. I didn’t French kiss a boy until I was 17 almost 18. Then it was awhile before there was heavy petting. It was all spaced out. I can’t imagine it all in one night. I actually hope the fundies in no touch courtships take things very slow and don’t even have sex on their wedding night. They have plenty of time. But I’m afraid they think they must consummate the marriage. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

ah yikes 

Totally agree. If you’ve always had a chaperone present, you’ve never even had a private conservation. How can you say you even know the other person or have a solid relationship?  And from no touch to sex within hours? Nope, don’t think that’s one bit healthy, especially when it’s grounded in the notion that women need to be joyfully available-

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

This may sound strange but as a teen, I needed a lot of time to process my first kiss. I was like a big old ball of emotions about it. I very much enjoyed it, but I needed some time to just wrap my head around it and figure out how exactly I feel about it and the person. How does Katie have any time to stop and process any of her feelings about hugging, kissing, touching etc? 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Tori worries me a bit. I get that she is a busy mother and perhaps not too body confident at the moment and of course cost might be an issue but she wore a bulky cardigan with a stain on the sleeve  to her sister's fancy wedding. I sometimes see mothers who are so busy putting everyone ahead of themselves that they forget that they need to take care of themselves often depression plays a role in these situations.  I wonder if she is feeling not so good about herself right now and somehow thinks she doesn't deserve a nice outfit. I hope I am wrong about this.

I also noticed that she and Bobby were sitting on opposite sides of the aisle. She wws next to Erin and he was down on the other side, passed Chad's mom. I am hoping it was just convenience, but I definitely noticed. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Wow, the filter in Alyssa’s story yesterday was so harsh that I thought Kelly’s dress was black. I just saw Josie’s story, which appeared to be sans filter, and it’s actually an olive green (and looks much nicer in that colour!)

• Upvote 15

The awkwardness certainly doesn’t go away quickly. If you look at Travis’s brother’s Instagram, he still does the hands in pocket shoulder to shoulder pose with his wife and they have been married for months. It is probably so deeply ingrained they forget they can touch in pictures. 

• Sad 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I wish katie wore her hair in a low bun, it would’ve looked so beautiful with the veil and dress. her flat hair definitely dims the look for me.

• Upvote 7

Someone probably has a better memory than me. But remember when the Bates family had a blog in between their shows? It was after United Bates of America and before BUB. It was the time when Zach, Erin, and Alyssa were all getting married within 7 months of each other and the blog was posting about the weddings and other family things. I remember in the comments, someone was asking about courtship rules and touching. I may be remembering wrong, but I could have sworn Kelly replied to someone that they had noticed some other young couples who didn’t touch that much before they were married and it caused some awkwardness. I’m not quoting her directly. But I think it was the gist of it. That they weren’t into “no touch courtships” because they wanted the couples to be comfortable with each other. It really makes me wonder what Kelly and Gil think of Katie’s no touch courtship. They are the only ones who did that. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

Have any fans questioned Katie and Travis's courtship? I  thought he would at least hold her hand during engagement. I really believe his family had something to do with that.

5 hours ago, Dbm said:

Reveal hidden contents

I give her a pass for this one only because I suspect she using the extra hits on her account (because of Katie’s wedding) to fulfil her promotional obligations (aka earn her discount) to the wedding venue she used. Savvy if so. 

2 hours ago, rwmw said:

I wish katie wore her hair in a low bun, it would’ve looked so beautiful with the veil and dress. her flat hair definitely dims the look for me.

I didnt mind the hair out the stiff over bleached straw fake like consistency is what killed it for me. It didn’t look healthy or soft. But she was a stunning bride 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Since Carlin posted that their dresses were from Azazie, I’m actually considering purchasing it for a bridesmaid dress now too haha (bride gave us a colour and told us to pick any dress from Azazie). But I’ll be a month (or less) postpartum, and I’m not sure how it will look or function with my postpartum body and breastfeeding 🤔 it’s our first babe, so I’ve never been through the postpartum process yet and am not sure what type of dress to choose. It’s such a lovely dress though! 

Edited by Keys
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Keys said:

Since Carlin posted that their dresses were from Azazie, I’m actually considering purchasing it for a bridesmaid dress now too haha (bride gave us a colour and told us to pick any dress from Azazie). But I’ll be a month (or less) postpartum, and I’m not sure how it will look or function with my postpartum body and breastfeeding 🤔 it’s our first babe, so I’ve never been through the postpartum process yet and am not sure what type of dress to choose. It’s such a lovely dress though! 

It really depends. I was a bridesmaid post-partum twice and I fit into normal clothes but my breasts were a bit larger. I don't think the style that Katie chose would be particularly nursing friendly though and I would recommend something like this https://www.azazie.ca/products/azazie-kora-bridesmaid-dress?color=desert-rose

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

My wedding hair was the 90's French twist with pieces hung on either side. 🤣 My favorite hairstyle and one I still do to this day is those tiny clips. I use it to pull my front hair back, usually three if I do it. I love it because I can pull my hair over my thinning spots and it keeps my hair out of my face. I probably look ridiculous due to my age but I don't really care. It's so practical for me. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

It really depends. I was a bridesmaid post-partum twice and I fit into normal clothes but my breasts were a bit larger. I don't think the style that Katie chose would be particularly nursing friendly though and I would recommend something like this https://www.azazie.ca/products/azazie-kora-bridesmaid-dress?color=desert-rose

Thank you, that’s helpful to know! And that dress is very pretty (and looks like it’d be friendly to any remaining bump, too) :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Carlin (I think) posted a story of Katie and Travis leaving the venue and they seemed very comfortable being physically affectionate, so not the awkwardness seen with some other fundies, like Allison Bontrager & Jeremiah Helferich or Travis' siblings. It was also appropriate, not like Kelton's trashy ass-grab. I hate the fundie system, but I hope that everything goes well for them now that they're married.

Does anyone know if any of Travis' siblings who got married recently are expecting? If they've managed to hold off on honeymoon babies, there's a better model to follow and some hope for K&T to not sprog immediately.

• Upvote 3

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic