IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 39: It's Never Leg Humping to Support Victims - Applaud Strength

HerNameIsBuffy

I'm curious about a few things we'll probably never find out:

• Has Michelle ever broken through her numbness and had a real moment of pain over this?  Not over the brand, or the loss of money, but over failing her children and wishing she could do it differently.  Even a small breakdown based on genuine guilt and shame, of rage at her son?  Has she shed a tear out of compassion for his victims?  
  • How angry is JB?  If he could handle this himself with Josh, no courts/no consequences for his actions, what would that entail?  Is any of the enabling residual love for Josh or is it all an attempt at damage control?
  • What have they told the Ms and minor Duggar kids?  I'm sure it's about how he's persecuted and innocent, but how much do they know about what this is all about?  
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 7

In terms of Anna, at the very least she likely will be faced with : 1) Josh being found guilty and sent away, providing separation and time for her to process and decision make outside of his presence or 2) He being found not guilty and her being able to stick her head in the sand even deeper. And let’s be honest if it’s option 2, she’ll cling to that not guilty belief without missing a step, in self preservation. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 7

And yet Ben has chosen this time to release a YouTube video on the sin of homosexuality. There will always be a core belief among some of these cultists that Josh’s sin is no worse than others.

• Upvote 22
  • Disgust 21
  • Sad 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 37
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, sndral said:

Anyone know whether the defense is calling a computer expert as a witness? I ask because it may seem like the prosecution has a strong case right now, but a polished defense expert could change that.

Thanks for the rundown!

And if they come up with a computer expert that can refute this stuff well enough to convince a jury, I hope they pay the person well. 

We have stuff like this:

On May 15, 2019, a text at 11.15am from Josh's phone said he was at the car lot and that he would be around until 1.00pm and added, "Will be back."

Between 11.00am and noon that day, torrent files with minors engaging in explicit content were downloaded.

and

On May 16, 2019, another photo was taken at the car lot at 11.35am.

At 11.33am, a downloaded video's thumbnail image file was created.

At 12.56, Josh's phone sent a text saying he couldn't go to Lowe's because he had a customer at the car lot.

It's gross to read the multiple times he texted Anna "stuck at work" or "still have customers here" when the files show he'd just downloaded some nastiness minutes before.

• Upvote 19
  • Disgust 23
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Thank you.

He won't. But he should.

My understanding is that the prosecutors and the court have to accept the plea, and that is not a given.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SongRed7 said:

I have to wonder how the weekend will be. I'm guessing Josh has to go back to the Rebers.  But not that they know so much more (presumably) I'm sure their discomfort level of having him in the house is increased exponentially.  Are the girls calling/texting each other.   Has Jinger reached out to anyone.   Speculation bus, but I feel like Jeremy would be the type who is following this all very closely online.  Honestly...I'm shocked Ben and Jessa haven't distanced themselves. I know they are in the thick of it, but I feel like Ben's family is more like the Holts.  Conservative Christians but not IBLP -- a bit more liberal and worldly. I feel like Ben's dad is more like Austin.  In fact, I thought Ben was maturing a bit....but he's falling in line seemingly.  And what about Jana in all this?  

I can't imagine meal times or any times.  I feel bad for the remaining minor children witnessing this. Almost 20 years later and even more children have to suffer. 

Ben just posted an anti-LGBTQ+ video. The timing is insane in my opinion.

• Upvote 18
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 24

9 minutes ago, molecule said:

It must be particularly awful to come to this realization in public.

There's a solution to that.  She could stop supporting him publicly and deal with her pain in the privacy of her own home.

• Upvote 33

I’m happy to read that Anna seemed to show emotion at the trial. This unfortunately must be very eye opening to her.  Realize that she married this jerk. 

• Upvote 11

4 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Is the Holt testimony being reported from anywhere but the Facebook group? No one else seems to be reporting any of it? It’s all been the forensic stuff.

Seriously, this!! The Sun certainly wouldn’t resist posting about this and they all state it’s still the forensic stuff. It’s 12:30ish there and they’re stating quick break, still forensic stuff, break for lunch soon. This seems accurate and plausible. This FW stuff doesn’t at the moment….

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

JB and Michelle don’t have to worry about any guilt. In their belief system, this all probably started when their sinful daughters were not modest enough, probably triggering Satan to attack or awakening some beast. Even if he is found guilty, even if they believe he is guilty, they don’t have to shoulder any blame - that blame falls on Jill and company.

It is so, so monstrous.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 8
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

And yet Ben has chosen this time to release a YouTube video on the sin of homosexuality. There will always be a core belief among some of these cultists that Josh’s sin is no worse than others.

I know!  What the fuck was that?!  Seriously, what were they thinking with the timing of that?  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'm curious about a few things we'll probably never find out:

• Has Michelle ever broken through her numbness and had a real moment of pain over this?  Not over the brand, or the loss of money, but over failing her children and wishing she could do it differently.  Even a small breakdown based on genuine guilt and shame, of rage at her son?  Has she shed a tear out of compassion for his victims?  
  • How angry is JB?  If he could handle this himself with Josh, no courts/no consequences for his actions, what would that entail?  Is any of the enabling residual love for Josh or is it all an attempt at damage control?
  • What have they told the Ms and minor Duggar kids?  I'm sure it's about how he's persecuted and innocent, but how much do they know about what this is all about?  

All good questions. I think JB would get physical with Josh. In JB’s eyes, Josh has screwed it all up, stopped the flow of easy money, trashed the name and most importantly, taken the control away from JB. Can I just say that M is the biggest coward of all.  When has she ever shied away from a media presence? Yet, where is she now? Hiding. That pisses me off.

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Is the Holt testimony being reported from anywhere but the Facebook group? No one else seems to be reporting any of it? It’s all been the forensic stuff.

I am wondering the same thing.  Absolutely no one else is reporting it.  I am starting to doubt the legitimacy of what is coming from FW.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 12
  • Thank You 1

45 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

They don't just know more than women. They know more than all of us mere benighted unChristian masses brainwashed by TV and public school.

Which is why so many of them refuse to get COVID vaccines, wear masks, etc. Of course, if they do get COVID, God and Jeebus will protect them, even if their superior intellects & extensive research don't. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

I remember on here when we first heard about the raid and everyone was almost hoping that it was related to financial crimes because the alternative was so very awful. It was absolutely an unsaid undercurrent of our conversations back in November 2019. The Alice stuff was around before I started snarking about 10 years ago as was the talk about the broken betrothal and the sin in the camp.

There's no rose colored glasses when you know all that, but hearing how JB&M repeatedly allowed all this to continue while simultaneously claiming their way was better and the real problem was consensual, pre-marital relations.... idk it's just sickening. 

I feel like most good people would do what they could to save someone they don't even know from a situation where they are subject to abuse. How evil must you be to turn a blind eye to the abuse of your own babies?

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I am wondering the same thing.  Absolutely no one else is reporting it.  I am starting to doubt the legitimacy of what is coming from FW.

They are reporting Holt testimony now?  When the Sun was reporting forensic testimony?  Or do you mean the Holt testimony from pre-trial?  Because that's been verified by docs on Pacer per Emily D Baker. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Amy posted this today so it seems there was Holt testimony:

489726226_Screenshot2021-12-03at18_43_15.thumb.png.ee1e5bcd1cd01fe7fd1b5b8da8764afa.png

Edited by Laura2730
  • Upvote 23
  • Love 10

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

There's a solution to that.  She could stop supporting him publicly and deal with her pain in the privacy of her own home.

Like Michele-

• Upvote 5

Just now, Laura2730 said:

Amy posted this today so it seems their was Holt testimony:

489726226_Screenshot2021-12-03at18_43_15.thumb.png.ee1e5bcd1cd01fe7fd1b5b8da8764afa.png

It could well be that the Holts are expected to testify today, but they haven't yet as things are running late.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

So is Ben trying to get a pastor job because he is worried he can't mooch off JB anymore because of this? Is JB suddenly shaking in his aquanet bubble because there goes any credibility of him trying to sell his brand and suddenly has to tighten up the pockets?

This isn't the only scandal mark my words. This is the biggest but it won't be the last 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 10

9 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Fuck off Ben!

• Upvote 32
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

They are reporting Holt testimony now?  When the Sun was reporting forensic testimony?  Or do you mean the Holt testimony from pre-trial?  Because that's been verified by docs on Pacer per Emily D Baker. 

Going back a few pages all the information about Bobye Holt testifying today regarding repeated, violent abuse, the sisters fighting Josh off, meetings, suggestion to buy a bigger house etc — is all coming from summaries of Fundie Wonderland. None of the other sites I’ve found have anything about any testimony yet, today, from Bobye Holt.

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 15
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

No, the Sun has gone into a lot of detail on the investigator's testimony (times when things were downloaded, text messages sent, pictures taken of cars, etc.) and is documenting when breaks are taken, but has not uttered a word of any testimony from Bobye today.  I am afraid the FW stuff may not be true.  And if that isn't true it is possible they also are not telling the truth about Anna crying.

• Upvote 25
  • Thank You 1

Just now, SassyPants said:

Like Michele-

Yep.  I mean I'm for bringing back floggings in the public square for Anna and her in-laws so I no sympathy here for her having to deal with this publicly.  She chose it.

If she's left him when she first learned he was a predator she'd be sitting home with far fewer kids following the trial of her ex-husband online like the rest of us.  

How many would she have if she'd left when she first learned?  Was she pregnant with Meredith when the news hit or was she conceived after?  Anyone remember?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic