IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 39: It's Never Leg Humping to Support Victims - Applaud Strength

HerNameIsBuffy

Just now, Freejin said:

Is the court on an lunch break now? Is that why we are able to get updates?

I think they are now giving the Holt interview a break. 

• Upvote 3

Re Justin- he may have had a life in front of the cameras, but he’s supposed to be convincing everyone he’s mature enough to be married and no doubt a parent soon. Goofing for the camera during a trial involving child victims of the most heinous crimes is reprehensible and shows a) his dire upbringing and b)he is an arse.

• Upvote 36
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 3

The updates are excellent in FW. and coming fast. Curious though How are they posting so much when reporters can’t? I thought phones weren’t allowed in. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

In the way back reaches of my mind I recall some threads on the old board regarding Joshly having his own room in the TTH.  The testimony today from Bobye puts all of that in a truly terrifying perspective.  The fact that the Duggars sold themselves as this wholesome family and an example is truly gross.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 29

1 minute ago, FleeJanaFree said:

The updates are excellent in FW. and coming fast. Curious though How are they posting so much when reporters can’t? I thought phones weren’t allowed in. 

They aren't, but there might be a break. Reporters are a little slower if they're not on Twitter because a copy-editor has to go through a written up story. A steam of consciousness rehash of notes is just faster.

You also can leave the court to pass off information whenever you'd like, but it would be annoying and rude to do it constantly. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Sorry for all the questions (here is another one!) Can Josh change his plea at any point during this? 

yes.  A criminal defendant can enter a plea and receive a sentence from the court at any time. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

According to The Sun (so get your salt shaker out), Anna finally had a reaction, and it was anger. 

To her email and phone number being shown on a piece of evidence, during the discussion of the password for the partition being the same as the one for their bank accounts.

• Upvote 8
  • Angry 1
  • Eyeroll 19
  • WTF 17
  • Thank You 6

Just now, Buzzard said:

yes.  A criminal defendant can enter a plea and receive a sentence from the court at any time. 

Thank you.

He won't. But he should.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Can anyone paraphrase for us?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Just now, Alisamer said:

According to The Sun (so get your salt shaker out), Anna finally had a reaction, and it was anger. 

To her email and phone number being shown on a piece of evidence, during the discussion of the password for the partition being the same as the one for their bank accounts.

...that's the thing she's mad about. Incredible. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 18

2 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

She cannot detach from it now. This might be just what Anna needed.

ETA: Anger is often misdirected at first. An angry reaction is a positive thing.

Edited by 3KidsAndStopped
Add more info
  • Upvote 34
  • I Agree 13

1 minute ago, Alisamer said:

According to the person on FW, it's not true she was angry. She was just whispering to the lawyer, apparently.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 20

1 minute ago, Freejin said:

A few of us have been paraphrasing. It started on the other thread.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

Just now, Idlewild said:

Re Justin- he may have had a life in front of the cameras, but he’s supposed to be convincing everyone he’s mature enough to be married and no doubt a parent soon. Goofing for the camera during a trial involving child victims of the most heinous crimes is reprehensible and shows a) his dire upbringing and b)he is an arse.

Agreed.  I get why people are saying it could have been a knee jerk response to cameras.  But even if that's true adults are accountable for their behavior, if we show our ass we acknowledge it, apologize, and move on.

Unless there is some kind of post from him that he never meant to appear to minimize the horrors of CSA and he's sorry he had a really inappropriate reaction then I assume he is okay with that representation of his feelings on this.

You can't play at being an adult.  Either he is or he isn't...children who aren't mature enough to behave appropriately in serious situations shouldn't be there.  

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 7

1 minute ago, Antimony said:

...that's the thing she's mad about. Incredible. 

Interestingly she was apparently bitching about it to Derick. 

I get the impression Derick is enjoying having a front row seat to this circus.

• Upvote 22

4 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Sorry for all the questions (here is another one!) Can Josh change his plea at any point during this? 

I'm guessing the prosecution would NOT allow it at this point. There is no advantage for them Throw the book at him!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Freejin said:

Bobye first got a confession in 2002. Then, the Duggars and Holts had regular meetings about it through 2004. (Cool calendar item, folks, the weekly meeting about our Shit Child...should we schedule at the same time as Bridge? These people.)

Some sisters physically fought back, it seems that some acts were violent and not "just during sleeping" and "nobody woke up." 

Bobye said "Rim Job, get a bigger house you freakazoid" (bad solution but she tried I guess?) and Jim Bob said "No I am a cheap weirdo and there are no bigger houses I can buy used to save the difference."

Anna spoke to some lawyers and maybe their bank password is still the same (Goobers). FW says Anna's outburst is not true. Edit: Anna may be mad but the level of outburst seems to be exaggerated according to FW. Like, the loudness of it. 

Edited by Antimony
  • Upvote 20
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 28

I'm also In the Fundie Wonderland private Facebook group and I guess what's absolutely knocked me for six from the Holt testimony is that Josh was molesting his sisters FOR YEARS. Bobbie Holt says these were not singular events with time in between; there was systemic and habitual ongoing sexual abuse in the Duggar home. Josh was REGULARLY abusing his sisters, often, over a three year period.

So much for the "it was one-off incidents, it was over clothes, it was a young boy being curious" BULLSHIT that JimBob and Michelle propagated. Bobbye Holt said that not just one, but TWO sisters physically fought back against Josh during two incidents of sexual abuse. So there was a culture of violent sexual assault in their home and the parents gaslit the victims into thinking (and going on Meghan Kelly and saying) that it was no big deal????!!!!!!!

I'm so angry there are no words.

:angry-banghead:

• Upvote 42
  • Angry 15
  • Disgust 31
  • Sad 18
  • WTF 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 8

4 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Yes, he can change his plea at any time before it gets to the jury and then it moves to sentencing.

Technically the prosecution is allowed to entertain plea deals until then but I can't see why they would.  The whole point of a plea deal is for a lesser sentence to save the government the trouble and expense of a trial.  Unless the plea offer was to take the max there is no reason for them to consider it now.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 9

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic