IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 39: It's Never Leg Humping to Support Victims - Applaud Strength

HerNameIsBuffy

21 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Ugh, DPIART.

And isn’t Lourdes Torres among those saying “Thank you, Michelle”?

Yep Lourdes Torres, Krstn Clark (then Baird) from Girl Defined with her mom Heidi Baird, Elissa Baird, Rebekah Baird and Suzanna Baird. Also present is Doug Phillip’s daughters: Faith, Jubilee, Virginia and his wife Beal. Also present are jeannie and Christin Spradling- basically the women in the video were all members of Phillip’s Boerne Christian Assembly.

Edited by Laura2730
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

1 minute ago, Cheetah said:

FW update 16.  Despite what the defense said in their opening arguments, josh actually does have a Tor browser installed on his iPhone and they showed his iPhone history that bypassed Covenant Eyes.     

This will be hitting Anna very hard. Where the entire F are her parents? Her family? Even if she doesnt want to hear it, just be there FFS

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1

Just now, Cheetah said:

FW update 16.  Despite what the defense said in their opening arguments, josh actually does have a Tor browser installed on his iPhone and they showed his iPhone history that bypassed Covenant Eyes.  

Clarification that others have mentioned about the Holts not actually having testified in person yet.   Court about to break again.   

I saw a quote somewhere where he admitted to agents that he had "peer-to-peer" (is that Tor?) set up on all his devices.  But he may not have put any CSAM on it, as that would have a bigger chance of being discovered by Anna/family than if he stuck only to the work PC.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, sndral said:

Well played for the prosecution that the jury is going home for the weekend to digest the damning evidence that came in today

Yeah, in my head this is good. They have a whole weekend to sit with this before the defense gets a shot.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

How many would she have if she'd left when she first learned?  Was she pregnant with Meredith when the news hit or was she conceived after?  Anyone remember?

Yes, she was pregnant with Meredith when it first came out.   With Ashley Madison following shortly after.  She gave birth a few months after Joshley was sent to Jesus Jail.

And to hear she got emotional, I am not surprised.  It's hard to be sure but I didn't think she understood fully what she was going to hear and see.   It's not just a matter of denial about her husband but I don't think she had any clue of how really bad CSA is.   She could believe all she wanted about her husband, his innocence, etc. but a court of law is NOT the fundie bubble where inconvenient facts / proof are ignored or don't exist. 

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Laura2730 said:

Yep Lourdes Torres, Krstn Clark (then Baird) from Girl Defined with her mom Heidi Baird, Elissa Baird, Rebekah Baird and Suzanna Baird. Also present is Doug Phillip’s daughters: Faith, Jubilee, Virginia and his wife Beal. Also present are jeannie and Christin Spradling- basically the women in the video were all members of Phillip’s Boerne Christian Assembly.

Out of that whole group, the only ones left espousing the fundie garbage are the Baird girls 🙄

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 11

14 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

A legal buff might be able to guide me on this, does a prosecution generally work a case by building foundations and then bringing in the most damning evidence last for maximum impact on the jury? The evidence so far has been extremely compelling. 

Most do something like that or follow primacy and recency--damning evidence first witness, for example, a family member who found the victim dead and damning evidence last witness, for example the cop who investigated the case who wraps everything up.

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

And I'm sure even Tor browser is sometimes used for innocuous stuff or at least not-horrible stuff (I believe I first heard of it back when people were sneaking music downloads without paying, maybe 20 years ago)

It's also used quite a bit for pirating movies and textbooks, not legal but certainly not horrifying.  

8 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I saw a quote somewhere where he admitted to agents that he had "peer-to-peer" (is that Tor?) set up on all his devices.  But he may not have put any CSAM on it, as that would have a bigger chance of being discovered by Anna/family than if he stuck only to the work PC.

Yes, that's tor.  Peer to peer is often abbreviated P2P.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

Thank you to everyone who has clarified the FW updates about Bobye Holt. This all makes more sense. I also believe they are probably being truthful about Anna crying, too, which at least is giving me a little hope for her future and the future of the M kids.

• Upvote 10

I just read through the live updates from this morning. You know how fundie churches talk about judgment day where all your thoughts/evil deeds will be made known? When I was a kid I thought this would be like a giant movie screen playing everything back for all to see. I mean, Josh is living it right now. I wonder if this is in the IBLP definition page for “accountability?”

• Upvote 24

Something I find interesting-is that I have not seen a single comment on Josh's reaction to any of the trial. Quite often, you will read "the defendant stared straight ahead" or such like, but on this, nothing. We have heard how others have reacted. Unusual? 

• Upvote 13

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Out of that whole group, the only ones left espousing the fundie garbage are the Baird girls 🙄

Yep they cropped up right after Vision Forum was closed down. Their are photos of Kristen and Bethany Baird with Lourdes Torres. Lourdes and her brother were even a bridesmaid and a groomsman in Krstn’s wedding to Zack.

• Upvote 4

I wonder if people are less interested in Josh than everyone else in the family.  He is a monster, and will probably go to prison, but everyone else.may still have a chance.

Anna could save her kids, j and m could learn, the victims could heal.

He is lost, and known to be evil, others could be saved or could be punished.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Beliefs aside, Gil does not present as slimy or overtly narcissistic, above it all as JB - Just my opinion . JB has always made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. He thinks he doesn’t have to hide his creepiness.

Gill’s having a portrait of Nathan Bedford Forest his home and talking about his daughter’s purity is pretty damn creepy. As is his having cameras in his kids bedrooms. Isn’t he still a big wig in the IBLP? That alone sets off major alarm bells. 

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 7

I would like to thank FJ and the mods for how they are managing all this. The rules, content warnings and spoiler boxes are appreciated and all the time and effort the mods must be taking is mind blowing and appreciated.

when things get heavy for me I want to do something anything to help in some way. Are there any reputable charities other members might suggest where I could donate to a)help abused women or children leave or b) help victims of csam directly? TIA

Edited by EyesOpen
  • Upvote 31
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 11

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Gill’s having a portrait of Nathan Bedford Forest his home and talking about his daughter’s purity is pretty damn creepy. As is his having cameras in his kids bedrooms. Isn’t he still a big wig in the IBLP? That alone sets off major alarm bells. 

Good points!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

Is Josh still at the Rebers?  Will he be in their home over the weekend?

awkward is my bet.

Would love a live stream of it, lol 

• Upvote 7

Laura DeMasie is over in cousin Amy's instagram comment section. Seems like she's still on team Duggar here. 

C074799E-A848-4F70-84B2-427A30BC2A48_1_201_a.jpeg

• Upvote 17
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 20
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic