IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 22: Every Sperm Is Scared

Bethella

I personally know a family who REALLY liked the same names. I’m making the names up but keeping the pattern the same. There are:

Isabella Elizabeth

Beth Camille

Camille Isabella 

And then there’s poor Emily Grace in the middle, who got totally left out of the matchy matchy thing. 

• Upvote 5

My dad’s middle name is my brother’s first name and my sister’s first name is her daughter’s middle name. Also one nephew’s middle name is his dad’s/grandpa’s first name.

I, personally, like variety. Plus the names in my family tree aren’t my naming style at all.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I understand and find honor in the practice of naming a person for/after a forefather. Both my kids have middle names in honor of a parent or grandparent. Now if every female/male is given the same name, that seems odd and really, no longer really indicative of anything special, IMO. Generally family units already share a common last name. In my own family we have a couple of first cousins who share middle names (my brothers each have a son 24 years of age, born within days of each other, who share the same middle name, and 2 of my nieces, (sisters actually) both gave their oldest son the same middle name. This name is special because it’s their dad’s middle, and he never had a son). There are so many beautiful names and most people have more people that they’d like to honor than the number of kids they might bring into the world, so I really don’t understand  giving your own kids the same name.

Women usually change their surnames and even first cousins will often still have different last names. The idea is that regardless, we all have the same middle name. It now spans five generations and started with my great grandmother giving all her daughters her own middle name.

I jokingly also give it to our female pets 🤣🤣 Comes in very handy when they're misbehaving.

• Upvote 7

On 3/26/2022 at 3:03 PM, CaptainFunderpants said:

Women usually change their surnames and even first cousins will often still have different last names. The idea is that regardless, we all have the same middle name. It now spans five generations and started with my great grandmother giving all her daughters her own middle name.

I jokingly also give it to our female pets 🤣🤣 Comes in very handy when they're misbehaving.

I was just thinking this sounds like a nice way to keep up a family connection through the female line given that surnames are still so often patriarchal. 

• Upvote 6

On 3/26/2022 at 1:55 AM, adidas said:

I personally know a family who REALLY liked the same names. I’m making the names up but keeping the pattern the same. There are:

Isabella Elizabeth

Beth Camille

Camille Isabella 

It’s a bit crazy and there’s no way I would do that if I had more kids, but at least the names all are normal, common names. If you didn’t know the other siblings’ full names, you wouldn’t bat an eye at these (and once people grow up and have their own friends and move in different circles, hardly anyone will know their siblings’ middle names).

In my extended family there are two siblings (boy and girl) called something like “Christian” and “Christina”. Yes, when the parents told us the name of the second born, we all were like “what on earth were they thinking?!”, but at least the names are normal and common. As a child I wouldn’t have liked to share my name (as the first born) or feel like my parents didn’t bother enough to think of a unique name for me (as the second born), but it could be worse I guess…

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Carlin is in labor so she will probably have the baby today. We shall see.

Per Carlin's IG, baby boy is here

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

On 3/26/2022 at 11:55 AM, adidas said:

Isabella Elizabeth

Beth Camille

Camille Isabella 

And then there’s poor Emily Grace in the middle, who got totally left out of the matchy matchy thing. 

Wait, when you say keeping the pattern the same - Elizabeth and Isabelle are the English & French versions of the same name. Are the names in this family that similar too?

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Smee said:

Wait, when you say keeping the pattern the same - Elizabeth and Isabelle are the English & French versions of the same name.

TIL! That's a very fun fact, thank-you, @Smee.

7 hours ago, Smee said:

Wait, when you say keeping the pattern the same - Elizabeth and Isabelle are the English & French versions of the same name. Are the names in this family that similar too?

Yep, they sure are!

• Thank You 1

Screenshot_20220328-142603-947.thumb.png.f0142a3389f7dbe52862e6f350f0f60f.png

Carlin had her baby yesterday and named him Zade Patrick. Of course, he already has an official Instagram.

Anyone else think they waited to announce the name until after he was born to avoid all the criticism they'd get for it?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

29 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Carlin had her baby yesterday and named him Zade Patrick. Of course, he already has an official Instagram.

Anyone else think they waited to announce the name until after he was born to avoid all the criticism they'd get for it?

Hasn't Tori got a Kade? It's gonna be confusing at Christmas/weddings and parties

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, BritishBabycatcher said:

Hasn't Tori got a Kade? It's gonna be confusing at Christmas/weddings and parties

Maci and Kaci, Khloe and Zoe, now Kade and Zade? Branch out, Bates kids! There's a whole world of names out there that you're ignoring. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Not a C name.....interesting. 

It bugs me a little. Three L names then 2 C names and then a J name. There are so many nice C names. Caroline, Cora, Callisto, or Clara. There’s nothing wrong with Julia. I just wish she had stuck with the pattern. It’s like naming your kids Mary, Cary, Harry, Kimmy, Jimmy, and Todd. 

The names basically make my eye twitch just like this picture: 

FDFA294A-BBD2-4096-B224-FCFF4EEA07BA.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 13

4 hours ago, indianabones said:

Zade's a little out there for me, but I love the Patrick Stewart part. Here for it. LOL

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, Sister Mozz said:

Zade's a little out there for me, but I love the Patrick Stewart part. Here for it. LOL

Evan is Evan Patrick Stewart as well. 

• Upvote 7

I agree that Patrick Zade would have been kinder, but I’m not sure fundies appreciate the Catholic link to the name Patrick.

• Confused 1
  • I Agree 2

On 3/28/2022 at 5:53 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It bugs me a little. Three L names then 2 C names and then a J name. There are so many nice C names. Caroline, Cora, Callisto, or Clara. There’s nothing wrong with Julia. I just wish she had stuck with the pattern. It’s like naming your kids Mary, Cary, Harry, Kimmy, Jimmy, and Todd. 

The names basically make my eye twitch just like this picture: 

FDFA294A-BBD2-4096-B224-FCFF4EEA07BA.jpeg

I'm sure she'll have another J in a few years to compliment this one. I'm glad the oldest Smith kids have slowed down on the babies,they all seemed destined for Duggar numbers at first. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

I'm sure she'll have another J in a few years to compliment this one. I'm glad the oldest Smith kids have slowed down on the babies,they all seemed destined for Duggar numbers at first. 

A lot of fundies start out with close pregnancies and then slow down. It’s nature and just being busy and exhausted. I really do think Kelly and Michelle are outliers. Even Jill started out with 2 sets of Irish twins and then slowed down over time. I don’t think Kendra will actually get to 19 kids because I think she will eventually slow down. She could end up with 12-14. But I doubt she will hit 19. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I think Layla and Zade (Saiid) go very well together.

• Haha 2

Lydia Waller and Graeme Wolf are expecting a girl on June 26 according to a registry

According to another registry, Katelyn and Nathaniel Wahlquist are having their sixth child July 24

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

40 minutes ago, ttej123 said:

Lydia Waller and Graeme Wolf are expecting a girl on June 26 according to a registry

According to another registry, Katelyn and Nathaniel Wahlquist are having their sixth child July 24

I was wondering when Lydia would have their first. They have been married a little while. I guess it’s good the Wallers don’t have the extreme fertility of some of the other fundies. 

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic