IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 42: Managing without TLC

Coconut Flan

27 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

We need a Jer/Hannah thread now, I guess (I didn't see one but was looking fairly quickly after I saw this news on reddit).  Still wondering if Jana/Steven are a thing or if they broke it off.  

Couples name? JerHannah? Hanhamiah? JerHan? HanJer?

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

They sure planned this announcement just right 🙄 JB needs to distract everyone from the upcoming trial that will probably end up very bad for his eldest son. Gotta show off the perfect little fundie couple. 

They are the Wissars. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, keen23 said:

Gross.  I'm not sure this is a good way to district from Josh--won't it come up in every news article about Jim Bob? I'm kinda surprised he isn't letting one of his sons run for this instead.

And if you are wondering, Arkansas State Senators make $42,000 + a per diem when the legislature is in session.  {source: https://ballotpedia.org/Arkansas_State_Senate]

The Arkansas State Capitol, Little Rock, is a bit over 3 hours by car from the Duggar's home.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 16

If anything, Jim Bob running for state senate is going to shine MORE light on his gross son/ how they shielded him from real consequences. I don’t think he’ll win. 

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Disgusting. The man is a true narcissist who sees nothing wrong with the way he has led his family. It is good that he says 20 children rather than 19. #smallthing

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Agree with @fundiewatchglad he says 20 kids. I like in the article he lists being pro gun before pro life glad to know where his priorities lie. 

Edited by ifosterkittens
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

34 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Gross.  I'm not sure this is a good way to district from Josh--won't it come up in every news article about Jim Bob? I'm kinda surprised he isn't letting one of his sons run for this instead.

And if you are wondering, Arkansas State Senators make $42,000 + a per diem when the legislature is in session.  {source: https://ballotpedia.org/Arkansas_State_Senate]

The Arkansas State Capitol, Little Rock, is a bit over 3 hours by car from the Duggar's home.

Easy money…and a 3 hour commute is nothing for a man who never showed up (except when voting on abortion related issues)the last time he held the position. Also, didn’t he usually bring a couple of his kids each time he did show up? 

• Upvote 13

52 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

If anything, Jim Bob running for state senate is going to shine MORE light on his gross son/ how they shielded him from real consequences. I don’t think he’ll win. 

I hate to say this but look at Marjorie Taylor Greene. Her ass should be in jail or a mental institution. There are a lot of morons and crazy people out there. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 9

When I saw their picture on my Facebook wall I thought for a second it was a pregnancy announcement. Just because I'm still conditioned to assume every "special announcement" is another member of the cult on the way. 

1 hour ago, keen23 said:

Wasn't he in the House of Representatives previously as well?

• Upvote 7

So Jim Bob is going to be spending money on a political campaign at the same time he’s funding Josh’s legal bills? Two massive expenses at the same time? While at least partially funding the seemingly work-free lifestyles of multiple other kids? His financial priorities never cease to amaze me. 

• Upvote 22

Depending on the composition of the district and whether any other Republicans are willing to challenge him, I’m afraid he might have a real shot. Remember that the Duggars and their businesses are heavily concentrated in that area. It’s also hard to overstate how completely insane American politics are right now, and these smaller local seats can be surprisingly easy to pick up for people with enough resources. I hope I’m wrong. 

• Upvote 13
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Just now, postscript said:

So Jim Bob is going to be spending money on a political campaign at the same time he’s funding Josh’s legal bills? Two massive expenses at the same time? While at least partially funding the seemingly work-free lifestyles of multiple other kids? His financial priorities never cease to amaze me. 

Maybe, but he is famous enough that he will be able to get lots of free media, and he has tons of volunteers to door-knock and make calls. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I hate to say this but look at Marjorie Taylor Greene. Her ass should be in jail or a mental institution. There are a lot of morons and crazy people out there. 

There are, and she SERIOUSLY needs to be charged with treason, but she doesn't have a D list famous son on trial for downloading a horrific video.  

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

Maybe, but he is famous enough that he will be able to get lots of free media, and he has tons of volunteers to door-knock and make calls. 

LOOOTS of free media. Especially with a trial probably starting soon. 

I actually wonder if this isn't an attempt to get his name out there enough to petition to move or delay the trial due to the jury pool not being "unbiased" having heard all about the Duggars and Josh's legal woes because of this campaign stirring up the media.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I actually wonder if this isn't an attempt to get his name out there enough to petition to move or delay the trial due to the jury pool not being "unbiased" having heard all about the Duggars and Josh's legal woes because of this campaign stirring up the media.

I wonder whether he has been asking for some major favors and running for office to potentially repay.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

This would be a great time for any Republican who wants to be in the Arkansas State Senate to run because they can never look as bad as Jim Bob. I don’t think he will make it out or the primary. Honestly, he basically opened the door for anyone else who thought they didn’t have a chance to give it a try. I don’t think the family is as popular in Arkansas as people believe and I am sure Josh’s arrest and the prior child abuse scandal were all over the local news. I get that the Republican Party has embraced the lowest of the low lately but state politics is different than national politics and I don’t think he can beat another candidate. He can’t talk about anything other than abortion and even those views are well thought out. 

• Upvote 14

I’m sitting here on break at work just absolutely flabbergasted at the audacity of this man and this family. Your son is on trial for possession of CSA images!! You are seriously gonna run on family values when literally everyone knows that your son molested his sisters and you did nothing!! We are truly through the looking glass here. I mean. Every time you think this family cannot get more disgustingly, ludicrously, criminally audacious, they somehow do.

The worst thing is people could seriously vote for this man because he has an R next to his name. 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 1

Wait a minute. Did he just announce today? Aren't elections November 2nd? What a charming platform he has (sarcasm) "that is pro-family, pro-business, pro-gun and pro-life,"

Yeah don't get me started on his platform...

• Upvote 7

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic