IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 19: Leaning on the Everlasting Gwen

Coconut Flan

On 8/27/2021 at 7:47 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

IIRC a family member is fighting for custody of these kids but so far they are still with an RF family. Do I remember that correctly? 

I think she gave up on the fight 😩

• Sad 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Just now, freefromthin said:

Not sure if you'll recall this...but someone actually DID try to come on here and explain (I think it was in the "Divorce, What Divorce?" thread) how Gwen's marriage was over before the divorce was final in an effort to justify the fact that a relationship between Gwen and Joe had developed during that time. I am going to search and see if I can find the actual post.

Ahh yes. It was the account that was actually a group of people I think

• Upvote 7

Just now, RFsurvivor said:

Ahh yes. It was the account that was actually a group of people I think

I believe it was. I'm trying to find it now. I know that there was one account named RFhmmm or something like that.

• Upvote 4

Didn’t they try to claim David wasn’t a true believer and therefore the divorce was justified? 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

Didn’t they try to claim David wasn’t a true believer and therefore the divorce was justified? 

From the writeup that she did on the Remnant website, that's what it seems like, but I'm combing through the old threads to see exactly what was stated. I haven't mastered the art of the search on here, but I'm working on it.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, freefromthin said:

Not sure if you'll recall this...but someone actually DID try to come on here and explain (I think it was in the "Divorce, What Divorce?" thread) how Gwen's marriage was over before the divorce was final in an effort to justify the fact that a relationship between Gwen and Joe had developed during that time. I am going to search and see if I can find the actual post.

I don't think I was actively reading the posts during that time. Thank you for searching for it! I'll look for it, too.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Just now, ManyGoats said:

I don't think I was actively reading the posts during that time. Thank you for searching for it! I'll look for it, too.

You're welcome! I'm not sure when I started on the forum, either, but I DO remember that! I'm gonna find it. I'm on thread 1 right now, and it has been quite the refresher.

• Thank You 3

1 hour ago, freefromthin said:

I haven't mastered the art of the search on here, but I'm working on it.

Neither have I. I can't even find the thread you referenced!!

• Upvote 1

For those who are wondering, RFhmmm shows up on page 6 of this thread. Not sure whether my link to the EXACT page worked, so I thought I'd throw that out there. They start out by challenging the allegations of child abuse.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

24 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

I think this this the account you were looking for! 

YES! Thanks! RFhmmm also offered a defense of Gwen's divorce and remarriage. I've copied and pasted it here:

Posted October 1, 2018

Gwen’s Divorce and Remarriage:

I’m not going to get into details of the marriage and why it lead to divorce. Those who have been close to the situation know it was needed and wish it had happened sooner for her sake. Gwen, very graciously, is not willing to put details out to the public. However,  I’m very confident that anyone aware of the whole situation would absolutely support this decision. I’m only going to clear up one fact because the poster is trying to create a false timeline to get people to draw false conclusions. They stated that Joe Lara started attending the church in April 2017. That is not true. His first visit was at a wedding held at the end of August 2017. He was apart of a BNA business networking group for over a year, that a few Remnant members were also a part of. They invited him to the wedding. That was his first time meeting any of us. Anybody who has ever experienced a break up or knows of somebody, knows that the date paperwork is filed is not when it actually happened. There’s usually many months, if not years leading up to the filing of the paperwork. To try to insinuate that Joe had something to do with their divorce is disingenuous at best. The timeline speaks for itself if you apply any level of common sense. I will leave it at that. Again, if somebody out there is reading these posts, and you are trying to find the truth, you are welcome to visit and your questions will be answered. By the way, just look at all the conclusions people jumped to and put out as fact from a picture that someone took one frame of a video. One conclusion was that they faced the audience the whole time. No, at times they faced those officiating, they faced each other and they faced the audience. This isn’t a big deal but just an example of how false ideas get spread. By the way, I would challenge any of you to send me a five second video and see if I can’t pull out one frame that makes you look distorted or anyway that I want to make you look. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

Also, @formergothardite I think we finally got your answer about if Gwen supported Trump….

Going thru the old threads has shown how every time an RF member shows up to defend Remnant and Gwen they fail epically to answer basic questions and tend to be just impossible to communicate with. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Look, all I’m saying is we’ve never seen Ken Alexander and Bob in the same room; now have we? 

Coincidence? 

I’ll let you decide.   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

On October 3, 2018, InAll Fairness (the group of people from RF) had this to say in defense of Gwen's divorce and remarriage:

As RFhmmm Stated, obviously the separation between Gwen and her husband had been a long time coming. The paperwork that was filed in October was simply the start of the legal process. Joe attend the church for the first time and met everybody at the end of August. He did go to work with exodus industries sense being a general contractor is his background And what he did when he came to the church. He did go to Destin with a large group including multiple Exodus industry workers to do work on Gwen’s house. He stayed in a separate house with those workers. Over time, after Gwen filed for divorce their friendship began.  Without getting into private details of the divorce process, it was believed that both sides were in agreement on how to separate their vast financial holdings and that the divorce will be finalized within weeks as a result of their agreement. Unfortunately that did not happen and so the process of unwinding  and distributing their assets began the long process that it takes to do that. The idea of the relationship being something more than a friendship happen months after everyone thought we were only a few weeks away from the Divorce being final. There were multiple time frames in which an agreement had been made and a finalization date set only to be changed again at the last moment. Feelings grow as a relationship develops regardless of the courts time frame. What we are certain of is that no actions were taken on these feelings until the divorce was finalized.  Yes the engagement happened shortly after the paperwork became final but that’s because their friendship had grown to a point where they knew that was the direction they wanted to go. And yes they kept it at a friendship level which is the most powerful way to start a relationship. Based on their age it’s not unusual for quick engagements and marriages once individuals know what they want to do. She also did not take one step in regards to a divorce or engagement and remarriage prior to taking it before the entire leadership of the church and getting their approval. Based on the leaderships intimate knowledge of what she went through in her marriage they unanimously approved the divorce and based on getting to know Joe over the previous year they unanimously approved of their marriage. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Look, all I’m saying is we’ve never seen Ken Alexander and Bob in the same room; now have we? 

Coincidence? 

I’ll let you decide.   

Or Cabinetman. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, freefromthin said:

On October 3, 2018, InAll Fairness (the group of people from RF) had this to say in defense of Gwen's divorce and remarriage:

As RFhmmm Stated, obviously the separation between Gwen and her husband had been a long time coming. The paperwork that was filed in October was simply the start of the legal process. Joe attend the church for the first time and met everybody at the end of August. He did go to work with exodus industries sense being a general contractor is his background And what he did when he came to the church. He did go to Destin with a large group including multiple Exodus industry workers to do work on Gwen’s house. He stayed in a separate house with those workers. Over time, after Gwen filed for divorce their friendship began.  Without getting into private details of the divorce process, it was believed that both sides were in agreement on how to separate their vast financial holdings and that the divorce will be finalized within weeks as a result of their agreement. Unfortunately that did not happen and so the process of unwinding  and distributing their assets began the long process that it takes to do that. The idea of the relationship being something more than a friendship happen months after everyone thought we were only a few weeks away from the Divorce being final. There were multiple time frames in which an agreement had been made and a finalization date set only to be changed again at the last moment. Feelings grow as a relationship develops regardless of the courts time frame. What we are certain of is that no actions were taken on these feelings until the divorce was finalized.  Yes the engagement happened shortly after the paperwork became final but that’s because their friendship had grown to a point where they knew that was the direction they wanted to go. And yes they kept it at a friendship level which is the most powerful way to start a relationship. Based on their age it’s not unusual for quick engagements and marriages once individuals know what they want to do. She also did not take one step in regards to a divorce or engagement and remarriage prior to taking it before the entire leadership of the church and getting their approval. Based on the leaderships intimate knowledge of what she went through in her marriage they unanimously approved the divorce and based on getting to know Joe over the previous year they unanimously approved of their marriage. 

They used whole lot of words to say that Gwen started her relationship with Joe while she was still married. Does anyone think Gwen really asked permission from church leaders?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

They used whole lot of words to say that Gwen started her relationship with Joe while she was still married. Does anyone think Gwen really asked permission from church leaders?

I actually have no doubt that she asked...

... But it's not really asking when leadership can't say no to the prophet... They can't say no to someone they literally think speaks for God. 

She wasn't stupid - I have no doubt she presented the illusion that she was being held accountable.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Inured as I am to divorce / remarriage yakery-yak from “religious leaders,” what stood out for me was the big group church trip to Florida to work on Gwen’s house. 

Use those human resources, girl ! 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Inured as I am to divorce / remarriage yakery-yak from “religious leaders,” what stood out for me was the big group church trip to Florida to work on Gwen’s house. 

Use those human resources, girl ! 

One can’t help but wonder why she needed to send a group to do house work since she claims God literally came down from heaven to do her home repairs. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

On 9/5/2021 at 12:33 PM, ManyGoats said:

This is completely off-topic but I couldn't find an answer on the Remnant website. What do they believe about communion? Do they practice it? 

Sometimes... I specifically asked a member about that recently. She didn't seem to think it was very important. But they do it occasionally.

Edited by My Fam in RF
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, My Fam in RF said:

Sometimes... I specifically asked a member about that recently. She didn't seem to think it was very important. But they do it occasionally.

Unless they have changed views since I left, it was viewed as a symbolic thing not a literal blood and body like the Catholic concept of Transubstantiation. 

Edited by RFsurvivor
Adding end of my sentence lol
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, My Fam in RF said:

Can’t figure out this whole FJ thing- but trying to respond to the original post on this topic. When I was a member- Gwen referred to communion as all the members eating and drinking together- “communing together.” They frequently had meals together after most of the services. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

On 9/5/2021 at 3:20 PM, RFHistory said:
On 8/27/2021 at 7:47 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

IIRC a family member is fighting for custody of these kids but so far they are still with an RF family. Do I remember that correctly? 

I think she gave up on the fight 😩

FWIW, it appeared at least one of the Walters children was standing behind Patrick Stites during the closing song at Saturday’s Sabbath. Members of  leadership families line up behind the man of the house.

And the GoFundMe for the children’s grandmother has been shut down. https://www.gofundme.com/f/2fqh954u20

7FE7B9C3-3E00-4F01-9ADB-01E2BE467773.jpeg

• Sad 9
  • Thank You 3

• Pathologic Antagonist changed the title to The Smith Family Tragedy Redux
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic