IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 19: Leaning on the Everlasting Gwen

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

Remnant continues airing and publishing Gwen's material rather than having someone produce new talks.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 6

25 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Carry on here:

Remnant continues airing and publishing Gwen's material rather than having someone produce new talks.

We were speculating on whether that meant they didn't meet for Wednesday service today.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 1

In a way it makes sense to just replay old Gwen videos. They seemed to do that sometimes when she was alive and Gwen has had nothing new to say in forever. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

So -- no one to step forward to lead and inspire -- to guide the congregation through the shock and grief of unthinkable loss?

Were Gwen's teachings not substantial enough for anyone to draw on in a time of true tragedy and crisis?

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Gwen Everfasting has a thinspirational for you. In his great wisdom, God made it so that the more you starve the more you want to starve. (How much wine is enough wine?)

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210805-154757__01.thumb.jpg.aa72a5cc5619a2dfa4e820f53a558dc6.jpg

Let us all sing:

God gave your ED to you, gave your ED to you, put it in the soul of everyone 

Do you eat what you want? You don't know for sure 

You don't feel right you can't find a cure, and you're eating less than what you're looking for

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Let us all sing:

Do you eat what you want? You don't know for sure 

You don't feel right you can't find a cure, and you're eating less than what you're looking for

I first read ED as erectile dysfunction. If a man has ED kind of hard to put the soul in anyone. …. Yeah… l’ll go sit in the closet…:bananna-demon:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 3

24 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I first read ED as erectile dysfunction.

Me too! I'll join you in the prayer closet! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

26 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I first read ED as erectile dysfunction. If a man has ED kind of hard to put the soul in anyone. …. Yeah… l’ll go sit in the closet…:bananna-demon:

1 minute ago, Howl said:

Me too! I'll join you in the prayer closet! 

Me too...move over, I'll bring some snacks.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I thought that if a man has ED then what’s important isn’t, well, you know…

move over in that prayer closet, I’ll bring the hard stuff (alright now, it’s cider!  The harder the better!)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

48 minutes ago, Granwych said:

I thought that if a man has ED then what’s important isn’t, well, you know…

move over in that prayer closet, I’ll bring the hard stuff (alright now, it’s cider!  The harder the better!)

Oh!!! I ❤ hard cider. Got a comfortable place right next to me for you ?

• Haha 4
  • Love 2

On 8/5/2021 at 10:08 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

Oh!!! I ❤ hard cider. Got a comfortable place right next to me for you ?

You can even hold the bottle!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

So today no service but a “back to school” concert this evening. At some point they are going to HAVE to do some sort of regular service you would think?

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, TDHuggies said:

So today no service but a “back to school” concert this evening. At some point they are going to HAVE to do some sort of regular service you would think?

I would think so... They've been lucky that it's been summer break. Most churches do things a little different during the summer with people and pastors taking vacations and such. Day Camp gave them cute material for a while, and now back to school, but people are about to settle back into their normal routines.

Then again, I never understood how their congregation didn't get sick of NOT having "regular" teaching. Even before Gwen died, it felt like at least two Saturdays a month were weddings, and of the other two Saturdays half the time it was a video or just testimonies. So maybe this actually doesn't feel THAT off to them 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Blue
Grammar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

On 8/5/2021 at 5:50 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

I'm headed to the closet, too.... scrunch over and I have popcorn.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Blue said:

I would think so... They've been lucky that it's been summer break. Most churches do things a little different during the summer with people and pastors taking vacations and such. Day Camp gave them cute material for a while, and now back to school, but people are about to settle back into their normal routines.

Then again, I never understood how their congregation didn't get sick of NOT having "regular" teaching. Even before Gwen died, it felt like at least two Saturdays a month were weddings, and of the other two Saturdays half the time it was a video or just testimonies. So maybe this actually doesn't feel THAT off to them 🤷‍♀️

Wait, the weddings counted as the service?!

• Upvote 7

Umm…

At the concert tonight. Looks like Michael has gained even more weight. Which is fine in the real world (especially under stressful circumstances) but this is crazy-cult-gotta-starve-to-prove-you-love-God world he is supposed to be leading. 
Also looked like a lot of empty seats and it emptied out before they were even done. Michael even mentioned something about only 12 people left for the final song.

07E0C539-F618-42EC-8834-5A0B8E10B2FB.jpeg

Edited by TDHuggies
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 9

3 hours ago, rabbitholejulie said:

Wait, the weddings counted as the service?!

Well they were on the Sabbath (Saturday) and there wasn't a Sunday service to make up for it, so it ended up being the weekly Sabbath "meeting."

I mean, if you've ever seen or been to an EF wedding, Gwen's officiating really was it's own sermon. 

Maybe she taught more on Wednesdays after a wedding to make up for it? I'm not sure - Wednesdays seemed to usually be testimony services, not real heavy teaching.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Edited by Blue
Messed up the formatting, ugh...
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

52 minutes ago, TDHuggies said:

Umm…

At the concert tonight. Looks like Michael has gained even more weight. Which is fine in the real world (especially under stressful circumstances) but this is crazy-cult-gotta-starve-to-prove-you-love-God world he is supposed to be leading. 
Also looked like a lot of empty seats and it emptied out before they were even done. Michael even mentioned something about only 12 people left for the final song.

07E0C539-F618-42EC-8834-5A0B8E10B2FB.jpeg

Is people leaving early normal? It wouldn't have been at any church I've been to, but given nothing about Remnant is normal to me I thought I'd ask. I would have expected everyone would stay to the end, and just not show up the next time.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, TDHuggies said:

Michael even mentioned something about only 12 people left for the final song.

Now that's what I call a remnant.  Did he put a positive spin on it somehow?  With their fascination with Israel and numbers, 12 could be as thought provoking as 7.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Blue said:

Well they were on the Sabbath (Saturday) and there wasn't a Sunday service to make up for it, so it ended up being the weekly Sabbath "meeting."

I mean, if you've ever seen or been to an EF wedding, Gwen's officiating really was it's own sermon. 

Maybe she taught more on Wednesdays after a wedding to make up for it? I'm not sure - Wednesdays seemed to usually be testimony services, not real heavy teaching.

This is pretty accurate. If it was a wedding that the whole church was invited to it was the sermon of the week.  I know that some of the videos they use (or used to since I’m not sure if they’ve updated) of recorded sermons came from weddings. It’s one of the reasons I haven’t watched my own wedding video, I didn’t want to listen to her preach or talk 🤷🏼‍♀️ I know I can skip over it but I know it’s there

5 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Is people leaving early normal? It wouldn't have been at any church I've been to, but given nothing about Remnant is normal to me I thought I'd ask. I would have expected everyone would stay to the end, and just not show up the next time.

That is NOT normal! That’s quite interesting actually 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8

1 hour ago, RFsurvivor said:

So no, it wasn’t normal at all. Dervell had already said the outgoing prayer making sure to mention with excitement that Michael had led them in prayer prior to the show (in order to demonstrate what a leader he was) and then invited people to hang around. then michael and the musicians played another song and people just started filing out.

Guarantee you that if Gwen had been there hanging around up front people would have stayed hoping to get to talk or be close to her or other leadership. Michael remaining and playing did NOT entice people to hang around that’s for sure.

This was a for the youth event but attendance on a sabbath no matter what the reason has always been heavily attended. 

Also notice Michael seemed to have a good time and not sure if my perception was accurate but I got the feeling he felt more confident and comfortable. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 8

13 hours ago, TDHuggies said:

Umm…

[snip]

Not only is he grieving (a time when lots of people comfort eat and gain some weight), but the constant reminder to starve suddenly cease when his mother died. His entire life she was a reminder of the many food rules, now she's gone and he's hungry. 

Lots of churches end up bending the rules to continue supporting their leaders, they can spin this into Michael bulking up just so he can slim down using Gwen and Jesus's diet plan. for example: He cares about RF so much he got fat just so everyone can watch him slim down.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

This is pretty accurate. If it was a wedding that the whole church was invited to it was the sermon of the week.  I know that some of the videos they use (or used to since I’m not sure if they’ve updated) of recorded sermons came from weddings. It’s one of the reasons I haven’t watched my own wedding video, I didn’t want to listen to her preach or talk 🤷🏼‍♀️ I know I can skip over it but I know it’s there

I always thought that was sort of weird - we've had family and friends send us sermons we just "had to listen to" and it was so weird when the camera panned back and there was a bride, groom, and wedding party. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

17 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

In my limited experience everyone who is volunteering commonly leaves early. And I think there was a bbq or something after the concert so I’m guessing everyone was volunteering 🤷🏻‍♀️

but honestly they can spin ANYTHING so I’m sure they will. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, RFfamANON said:

In my limited experience everyone who is volunteering commonly leaves early. And I think there was a bbq or something after the concert so I’m guessing everyone was volunteering 🤷🏻‍♀️

but honestly they can spin ANYTHING so I’m sure they will. 

Yeah agreed. You know though if Gwen had still been onstage there wouldn’t have been the mass exodus like that…meaning Michael doesn’t have the same draw. That’s just my gut reaction. Who knows tho. :)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• Pathologic Antagonist changed the title to The Smith Family Tragedy Redux
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic