IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 19: Leaning on the Everlasting Gwen

Coconut Flan

43 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

This is question for all the FJ-ers that are Remnant adjacent via friends/family:

What's up with the dearth of weddings this year? Is RF running out of 18 year-olds to force into marriage way too young?  (One can but hope.) 

There were 14 weddings in 2020, most after the pandemic revved up. Thus far there have been 3 in 2021.

I realize Gwod is no longer with them, but there were 0 weddings until the one on May 29th (plane crash weekend) and there have been 2 since then. Obviously someone other than Gwod can perform the marriage ceremony.

I find it .... interesting ... I guess is the word ... that previous years had so many "Twu wuv of Gwod and this Truth" nuptials and now basically none. 

Any insight from anyone?

I'm not sure - all of our family who are of marriagable age have been married off. I do find it interesting though... A few years ago there was a wedding 3/4 Saturdays a month.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

I remember when they seemed to have a wedding every weekend. The weddings did seem to become younger and younger couples. I couldn’t believe there were enough people to marry off almost every weekend. It’s possible they are running low on single folks. I always figured they could draw in new members through those big extravagant weddings. Do they have less volunteers to put in tons of work to make those weddings a reality?

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I remember when they seemed to have a wedding every weekend. The weddings did seem to become younger and younger couples. I couldn’t believe there were enough people to marry off almost every weekend. It’s possible they are running low on single folks. I always figured they could draw in new members through those big extravagant weddings. Do they have less volunteers to put in tons of work to make those weddings a reality?

Perhaps they are now moving into their baby-making phase. Get everybody married, encourage them to have lots of babies, and you have built-in church growth.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

Perhaps they are now moving into their baby-making phase. Get everybody married, encourage them to have lots of babies, and you have built-in church growth.

It does seem like a lot of them are pregnant. When the Martins died, they had two grandchildren on the way. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

I wonder if there church growth had plateaued, and if so for how long it has been doing it? Remnant's relative size is impressive given that Gwen never franchised unlike a Hillsong or Willowcreek or Saddleback.  

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I wonder if there church growth had plateaued, and if so for how long it has been doing it? Remnant's relative size is impressive given that Gwen never franchised unlike a Hillsong or Willowcreek or Saddleback.  

Reportedly, there are other Remnant Fellowship congregations.  In "The Tennessean", they said, "The Remnant Fellowship Church, founded in 1999, reportedly has more than 1,500 members in 150 congregations around the world."  On the Remnant site, it says there are churches in over 170 cities "worldwide".  Who knows how many others there really are?

• Thank You 6

14 minutes ago, Xan said:

Reportedly, there are other Remnant Fellowship congregations.  In "The Tennessean", they said, "The Remnant Fellowship Church, founded in 1999, reportedly has more than 1,500 members in 150 congregations around the world."  On the Remnant site, it says there are churches in over 170 cities "worldwide".  Who knows how many others there really are?

I presume many of those met in homes or temporary locations.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I don’t know; but I can picture the meeting. 

For the poor lackeys in the FJ pool, it’s probably a very tense time, worrying that they’ll be picked. 

“Okay Bob; you’re up. Now, we know they chewed that last guy up and spit him out - same with the guy before him; but you might do better. Just go in there and patronize the hell out of ‘em.”

Bob returns from his time at FJ, battered, bruised, limping and drooling, and takes his place in the recovery ward beside the other brethren who will be forever scarred by their FJ mission. 

“We need another tribute!! Who is my most patronizing member? Don’t make me call Ken Alexander, people!”

Because they do NOT want the truth exposed about them.  The hard core truth does come out on here and they know they can not control us on here, they can not handle it. It drives them crazy when they an nor figure who is behind the keyboard. I know for a fact, they watch and read very carefully to everything on here. There has been times they were able to get in here so they can ask certain questions to figure out who you are.

On 8/30/2021 at 10:17 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

I am guessing they reject counseling. It would take years, with counseling, to work through the teaching of "negative emotions are sin" then add on deaths of husband/father of children, mother and friends, she will be lucky if she gets through the grief process without a complete break down. 

Yes they do reject counseling 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

9 hours ago, Xan said:

The 150 "congregations" are in private homes. Sometimes I've seen quite a few people (like 20 to 50) gathering together to watch a telecast service or wedding. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

2 hours ago, TDHuggies said:

The 150 "congregations" are in private homes. Sometimes I've seen quite a few people (like 20 to 50) gathering together to watch a telecast service or wedding. 

And some homes just have 1 person and they count that!  I know of several homes with just 1 person “all in!”

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

I posted about the dearth of RF weddings yesterday and BAM!  Alakazam! Sis Boom Bah!!  -- As if by magic the RF wedding site posts an upcoming Oct 3 wedding. 

The groom is new to RF -- as in attending for 11 months.  In that time he's become a fervent believer with "a personal relationship with God". Met a girl, dated the girl "for the past 11 months", got engaged to the girl, and set a wedding date.  Wheeew -- that some fast courtin' there.

The bride has been in RF since she was 3, moved to TN at 18 to attend MTSU.

Yet again an example of RF love bombing and roping in a newbie, marrying him/her off to an RF lifer before the newbie can catch a breath, and hog tying the newbie to RF for life.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 7

39 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Yet again an example of RF love bombing and roping in a newbie, marrying him/her off to an RF lifer before the newbie can catch a breath, and hog tying the newbie to RF for life.

Wow! There is nothing on their page mentioning Gwen. That is unusual.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I posted about the dearth of RF weddings yesterday and BAM!  Alakazam! Sis Boom Bah!!  -- As if by magic the RF wedding site posts an upcoming Oct 3 wedding. 

The groom is new to RF -- as in attending for 11 months.  In that time he's become a fervent believer with "a personal relationship with God". Met a girl, dated the girl "for the past 11 months", got engaged to the girl, and set a wedding date.  Wheeew -- that some fast courtin' there.

The bride has been in RF since she was 3, moved to TN at 18 to attend MTSU.

I bet some just join to meet someone to marry.

• Upvote 7

32 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

So tonight they aired a "Days of Awe" video from Gwen. It was filmed in 2019. 

Must have been awe-ful.

• Haha 8
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, cookingbutterchicken said:

And some homes just have 1 person and they count that!  I know of several homes with just 1 person “all in!”

That's what I was going to say. Some of these 170 congregations/cities/whatever consist of literally ONE family.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1

I've just caught up on about a month's worth of this thread, and have nothing new to say about the serious things being discussed - you all have it covered.

I just want to say, it's a shame that actor Avery Brooks is about 30 years older than Durville Patton. Because if anyone ever makes a non-documentary film about RF, he'd be great casting otherwise.

Spoiler

image.png.b369fd3adcc6e256a0eb2642f436f462.pngimage.thumb.png.df5a3e94dea891a8806a33b65e551060.png

And, based on his work in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, he'd be great at all of that "interpreting the prophet" stuff!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 10

Happy national ProAna day! Losing weight is the most critical, vital, pivotal and urgent thing in the entire universe. 

Spoiler

First Timothy 6:12 says, Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

I have noticed that there is a common thread among people who do not easily lose their weight. They put their hope in dieting. Don’t be afraid to let go. Let go of control and have some faith. Why have faith in diets? What has been the result? You have more love for the food than ever.

We will be returning to the crucial fundamentals each week. Do not feel bad if you have to go back through each of the basic principles over and over. You are on the verge of the most critical, vital, pivotal and urgent thing in the world—not just the world, but for the eternal universe.

• Sad 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Happy national ProAna day! Losing weight is the most critical, vital, pivotal and urgent thing in the entire universe. 

Hide contents

First Timothy 6:12 says, Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

I have noticed that there is a common thread among people who do not easily lose their weight. They put their hope in dieting. Don’t be afraid to let go. Let go of control and have some faith. Why have faith in diets? What has been the result? You have more love for the food than ever.

We will be returning to the crucial fundamentals each week. Do not feel bad if you have to go back through each of the basic principles over and over. You are on the verge of the most critical, vital, pivotal and urgent thing in the world—not just the world, but for the eternal universe.

Are they still quoting Gwen's writings or did Elizabeth or someone else write this? 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Are they still quoting Gwen's writings or did Elizabeth or someone else write this?

The Gwen site will keep recycling her old posts for as long the lights are on.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

The Gwen site will keep recycling her old posts for as long the lights are on.

Yes, and her followers keep recycling her daily quotes along with excerpts from her books on social media on a DAILY basis, too.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, freefromthin said:

Yes, and her followers keep recycling her daily quotes along with excerpts from her books on social media on a DAILY basis, too.

Why not?  Hadn't Gwen been recycling her own crap for years?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

On 9/1/2021 at 7:02 PM, freefromthin said:

So tonight they aired a "Days of Awe" video from Gwen. It was filmed in 2019. 

This would be the most concerning for me if I was a member... The holy days seem to be very important to RF members, so to have a leadership team unable to handle then without videos would bother me 🤔

• Upvote 8

• Pathologic Antagonist changed the title to The Smith Family Tragedy Redux
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic