IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 19: Leaning on the Everlasting Gwen

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Geez, you guys are triggered. Had a few minutes to jump on seeing that my comments and questions had elicited a lot of comments. Thought I’d scroll through real quick to get a general idea of what I might need to respond to. I see there’s a lot. The Durville one jumped out so I thought I would do a quick response on that one. No I’m not avoiding any of your questions and I’ll be happy to go back through and address anything that’s been thrown out at me. Sorry if I don’t meet your timeline of when you would like me to respond but I’ll get to it when I get to it. I’m sure you guys can figure out a lot of other subjects to go back-and-forth on when it comes to RF. 

See, this is hard to believe this since by the time you wrote both those posts you could have easily typed: I understand Gwen’s diet program wouldn’t work for everyone and I agree it is morally wrong for her to shame and condemn people who use different methods to reach a healthy weight. Also, she should condemn people who are in jail for torturing a child to death instead of standing by them. 
Writing some variation of that would go very far in making it seem you aren’t avoiding difficult questions. The only reason I can think that you skip the easy(for non-cult members) questions and jump on obscure ones is because you are a cult member and you aren’t allowed to criticize Gwen or say there are other ways to maintain a healthy weight. Feel free to prove me wrong by being critical of Gwen. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 12

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Now it becomes concrete truth in the world of free ginger. 

I don't trust people who don't know where they're posting. 

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

IIRC a family member is fighting for custody of these kids but so far they are still with an RF family. Do I remember that correctly? 

7 hours ago, finacial ice said:

yes, according to the "church" the parents had it in their will,  they would go to the S family.  Now this is what RF is stating, but they known to lie constantly.

The grandmother was going to fight for Custody. She had a gofundme page that I can't find right now. 

This suggests one of two things happened. 

1) There was a will and the grandchildren stayed with the people named in the will.

OR

2)There was no will and grandma easily won custody.

As far I as I understand custody cases, without a will family gets top priority. I think it would be hard for "random friends" to obtain custody without a will. I'm not 100 percent about this, but this seems most likely.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

27 minutes ago, Bob said:

Geez, you guys are triggered. Had a few minutes to jump on seeing that my comments and questions had elicited a lot of comments. Thought I’d scroll through real quick to get a general idea of what I might need to respond to. I see there’s a lot. The Durville one jumped out so I thought I would do a quick response on that one. No I’m not avoiding any of your questions and I’ll be happy to go back through and address anything that’s been thrown out at me. Sorry if I don’t meet your timeline of when you would like me to respond but I’ll get to it when I get to it. I’m sure you guys can figure out a lot of other subjects to go back-and-forth on when it comes to RF. 

No, Bob.  Not triggered.  We're just annoyed that you seem to be playing a game.  

If you have no answers to real questions about this cult then I'm not interested in conversing with you further.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7

36 minutes ago, Bob said:

Geez, you guys are triggered.

This is the most disheartening disingenuous response you could have given and is a big indication that you may not be who you say you are. Prove me wrong. Answer the questions that have been posed. 

Edited by RFfamANON
  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

Since Bob seems determined to derail the thread or change the conversation, I think I'm just going to post different reasons that I think the Remnant Fellowship is creepy.  

You want a PR challenge, Bob?  We can do that.

Remnant believes that all other churches are counterfeit.  All.  Other.  Churches.  That's insane.

Gwen taught that if you don't lose excess weight you are sinning.  There didn't seem to be exceptions made for medical conditions or genetics.  All excess weight was a product of sin.

After the 9/11 attack, Gwen claimed that she had warned everyone that God allowed the attack due to people's sinfulness and arrogance.  She seemed to believe she actually was a prophet.

(I'm not really interested in talking about what Bob wants to talk about anyway.)

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 23
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • I Agree 2

More reasons:

~ She claimed God chose her clothing each morning. That’s right, Gwen’s God has the time to hand pick Gwen’s clothes each day but can’t take the time to feed a starving child who is praying out for help? Priorities Gwen’s god, get some. 

~ she claimed God fixed the holes in her roof. Not that God helped a person fix the leaks, but that God literally did the work.

~When discussing how Christians are called to do difficult things, she used the verse where God commands his people to kill babies. Like she couldn’t find a different verse? Combine this with her support of people who actually killed a child and it doesn’t exactly give a good impression. 

ETA: Actual quote from Gwen:

Spoiler

God is a mechanic. He can fix my car, computer, or camera.

God is a roofer. He can fix my leaky roof without the help of human hands.

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 19
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 2

Gwen once said that Nazi concentration camps proved that people could survive on a lot less food than they thought possible.  Yes, she used the Holocaust as a defense for fasting and eating less.

In 2000, Gwen requested that all employees of the Weigh Down Workshop join her church.  She fired those who did not comply.  It resulted in a lawsuit.

Gwen sometimes chastised women who did not wear make-up.  Once she told a woman that the next time she saw that person that she'd better have on make-up and have a smile on her face.

Gwen didn't change the church's stance on divorce until she herself got a divorce.

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

@Bob I’m reposting these 2 quick questions I asked earlier so you don’t have to go through all that content:

1) Since you seem to know a lot of current members, their stances/talking points on various matters, and what they believe, I am very curious to ask if you think they will be watching the upcoming documentary series. 2) Also if you don’t mind sharing, why have you not joined Remnant Fellowship? It was asked a couple many times before but this thread has a lot going on so maybe it got lost in the shuffle. I would be curious to know your reasons.

• Upvote 15

3 hours ago, Bob said:

Do you practice this level of patronizing or do you have this skill naturally?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 29
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

That’s right, Gwen’s God has the time to hand pick Gwen’s clothes each day but can’t take the time to feed a starving child who is praying out for help? 

Not to mention that God apparently didn't take the time to tell Gwen, at least, not to get on that last flight.

I am always amazed at what people say God has time to do, or not, as the case may be.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

So why do you think Remnant sends the lackeys here? It always makes RF look worse, never better.  Not only are they an eating disorder cult who worship a dietitian who got several scientific facts wrong, gave terrible advice about mental illness, and defended child murderers, they're also snotty online. 

Iirc @Bob said he was invited to a RF wedding and was impressed. What was it specifically that impressed you? The color coordination? The super personality cult way that all the very-young couples give testimony that everything is thanks to Gwen?

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The grandmother was going to fight for Custody. She had a gofundme page that I can't find right now. 

This suggests one of two things happened. 

1) There was a will and the grandchildren stayed with the people named in the will.

OR

2)There was no will and grandma easily won custody.

As far I as I understand custody cases, without a will family gets top priority. I think it would be hard for "random friends" to obtain custody without a will. I'm not 100 percent about this, but this seems most likely.

Years ago, in California, before my son's father was in his life, I met with an attorney about naming one of my sisters as my son's guardian should I die.  She explained that the next of kin, his father, would get custody if he wanted it.  The only way he'd not get custody was if he was deemed unfit, which he wasn't.  At the time, I was quite upset, because he was basically a stranger to our son.  The attorney was sympathetic but blunt.  The law would have been firmly on his side.  (Obviously I didn't die, son's father did become involved, and all ended well.)

I don't know the family law in other states, but I don't think you can just name  a non-family person in your will.  Any blood relation would likely have a much stronger legal position to be awarded custody (the grandparents, aunt, uncle, adult sibling, cousin).

• Upvote 8

10 hours ago, RFFriend said:

I heard the S family was the 3rd option.  The first 2 options being on the plane.  But, that doesn't sound right to me.  Who has more than 1 or 2 options in a will?

Im sure one of the options were Brandon and Elizabeth as Jessica and Elizabeth were best friends in high school.  RF have made sure it was known to others that gwen left Joes daughter a large amount of money, but she can not get until a certain age. 

• Thank You 5

23 hours ago, finacial ice said:

Ooooh yes, good ole Rob Day.  Now, what was the real reason he "stepped down" in the RF cult??  ooooh yes, I remember!

I'm pretty sure he doesn't want that embarrassing  can of worms opened to the public. He really shouldn't be attacking anyone about their experience.

@finacial ice, I’ve been waiting all Day for the tea! Please share as you are able — because I’d love to imagine that smug smile (fixed and made unnaturally white by the Remnant dentist) off his face!

Is this WTFery somehow related to his WFG? 

More than that, I’m curious if the Angers and the Bakers were involved — and if all three couples somehow sinned against Gwen/Joe simultaneously because all were suddenly off the Leaders page about the same time (though the Bakers have since been added back). The Days and Bakers always were inseparable, and it seems from social media, they have relatively very little to do with each other anymore, but all are still active church members.

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

34 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

Years ago, in California, before my son's father was in his life, I met with an attorney about naming one of my sisters as my son's guardian should I die.  She explained that the next of kin, his father, would get custody if he wanted it.  The only way he'd not get custody was if he was deemed unfit, which he wasn't.  At the time, I was quite upset, because he was basically a stranger to our son.  The attorney was sympathetic but blunt.  The law would have been firmly on his side.  (Obviously I didn't die, son's father did become involved, and all ended well.)

I don't know the family law in other states, but I don't think you can just name  a non-family person in your will.  Any blood relation would likely have a much stronger legal position to be awarded custody (the grandparents, aunt, uncle, adult sibling, cousin).

I would expect a parent to have a stronger claim than anyone else. If one parent dies, the other parent gets custody. However after reading up on the situation, it seems that if both parents die, the will determines guardianship. If there is no will, family is given precedence.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

When Dana and Christopher Reeves passed away, their son was raised by family friends, not extended family. I assume it was specified in the will.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

So why do you think Remnant sends the lackeys here? It always makes RF look worse, never better.  Not only are they an eating disorder cult who worship a dietitian who got several scientific facts wrong, gave terrible advice about mental illness, and defended child murderers, they're also snotty online. 

Iirc @Bob said he was invited to a RF wedding and was impressed. What was it specifically that impressed you? The color coordination? The super personality cult way that all the very-young couples give testimony that everything is thanks to Gwen?

I invited many people to my wedding who were not remnant members. When i was hanging out with a group of them and I told them I left Remnant, they were like FINALLY. CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW WEIRD YOUR WEDDING WAS?!?!?! 

So yeah, not sure how the weddings would bring someone closer to God or closer to joining Remnant….

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 5

19 minutes ago, SayonaraLara said:

@finacial ice, I’ve been waiting all Day for the tea! Please share as you are able — because I’d love to imagine that smug smile (fixed and made unnaturally white by the Remnant dentist) off his face!

Is this WTFery somehow related to his WFG? 

More than that, I’m curious if the Angers and the Bakers were involved — and if all three couples somehow sinned against Gwen/Joe simultaneously because all were suddenly off the Leaders page about the same time (though the Bakers have since been added back). The Days and Bakers always were inseparable, and it seems from social media, they have relatively very little to do with each other anymore, but all are still active church members.

Yes and Yes

Sorry for the delay. But yes, you are correct on all. 

6 minutes ago, finacial ice said:

Yes and Yes

Sorry for the delay. But yes, you are correct on all. 

From what i have heard..... There was something in the business they were involved with, wasn't sitting well with Gwen she told them no more

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

On 8/27/2021 at 3:56 PM, Mrs Ms said:

I have ALL the time to FJ at the moment!!11!! 

I live in New Zealand and the entire country is in level 4 lockdown. As I am not an essential worker, like everybody else, I have to be at home.

Done my weekly shop, not outside exercising today as the weather is shit, not at the doctors for a test, vaccine or because of illness, so I am at home. Only one of my kids is homeschooling, but doesn’t need my help for it. Because the kids dad is also not an essential worker and can’t work from home, he is also parenting. 
Don’t feel like wasting money online shopping, don’t like how most comment sections show only the lowest of human EQ and IQ and like that FJ insists on mostly facts, not fantasy and BEC. Can’t be arsed crafting, doing extra cleaning or baking today. 🤷‍♀️ 

TL;DR I have ALL the time to FJ :playful2:

PS: That also means I am in a different time zone 🤫

I feel you (in Melbourne). Hope the weather clears up so you can get out at least!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

The reason the lawyer told you that specifically is because the person in question was the biological parent. Was he named on the birth certificate? A non-parent will not have the same weight as an actual parent. He has rights automatically. Other relatives do not.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

So why do you think Remnant sends the lackeys here? It always makes RF look worse, never better.  Not only are they an eating disorder cult who worship a dietitian who got several scientific facts wrong, gave terrible advice about mental illness, and defended child murderers, they're also snotty online

I do wonder if the leaders are reading this thread and thinking that Bob is being clever. Or does at least some part of them realize he can’t answer the most simple of questions which doesn’t bode well for when the documentary comes out and members start getting bombarded with questions about their beliefs.

• Upvote 11

Evasion and deflection are always  preferable to answering questions I think. There is no way to spin the Smiths in a way that Gwen comes off smelling of roses  so if it comes up it's always better to talk about something that a Freejingerer got wrong several pages ago or about how lazy and useless we all must be to  have contributed to 19 threads on this anorexic cult leader and her minions. 

• Upvote 14

10 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I do wonder if the leaders are reading this thread and thinking that Bob is being clever. Or does at least some part of them realize he can’t answer the most simple of questions which doesn’t bode well for when the documentary comes out and members start getting bombarded with questions about their beliefs.

And is "Bob" a known entity who was sent here by the leaders, or is he an over-eager member going rogue.  If the latter I bet the leadership is going crazy trying to figure out their identity so they can shut him up! 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

Edited because I should have read the whole thread first, several other folks responded with my same answer.

Edited by treemom
  • Upvote 5

• Pathologic Antagonist changed the title to The Smith Family Tragedy Redux
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic