IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 19: Leaning on the Everlasting Gwen

Coconut Flan

8 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I didn’t realize RF taught natural burial. I’m assuming they don’t do it for environmental reasons. 

It’s a whole thing with listening to the Bible and what Gwen claimed God wanted. I don’t remember any more details because it wasn’t discussed a lot 

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

Did he actually find the graves, or was that staged?  If so, I wonder how he got the location.

And did he say they're called Remnant because they broke off from CoC?  I'm sure Remnant is more about Hebrew roots/Israel than CoC.

I'm not sure he knows that WDW was in many denominations, not just CoC.  I enjoyed watching the video, but he seems to draw his own conclusions and state them as facts sometimes.

He said Gwen grew up in CoC and that her roots were there. It's possible Gwen started out CoC and fell in love with parts of Judism that she culturally appropriated. I don't think Gwen was Jewish, and she was probably raised some denomination of Christian.

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I noticed that in some of his other videos about Gwen. He turns speculation into facts. I’m not sure he fully understands that Gwen’s abusive diet teachings were supported by mainstream churches and she was only rejected when she said she didn’t believe in the trinity. Without her doing that, she probably would have gained a significantly bigger following. I don’t think this Youtuber gets that many churches and Christians were fine with a good bit of her insanity. 

He did mention the bolded part in the latest video. It was in the list of "that hurt". It's probable he doesn't have a full scope of how widespread her teachings were, but that can be hard to figure out retroactively.

I really wished he start a story and finish it, but I did learn things from the video. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

What does that mean?  No embalming?  No cremation?

Usually it means no embalming and the use of caskets that are biodegradable.The people I know who have made plans for a natural burial do so for environmental reasons. I first learned about it in a book called Smoke Gets In Your Eyes. 

I’m sure Gwen’s beliefs in natural burial are based on something wacky, but if she convinced people to get a natural burial, she accidentally did some good for the world. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Islamic burials are also natural - no embalming, no casket, simple washing of the body and burial within 24 hours.  I have a lot of respect for any person or tradition that completely bypasses the (predatory) funeral business in the US.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I have really enjoyed this thread and all the information being put out there for us to look through.  I also watched Dan Gryder's video Saturday and it has some good information, but It appears as though both Natasha and Joe were listed as Owners on the house Dan said belonged to only Natasha.  It may be that she paid cash for the house and added Joe to the title, but that seems like a really dumb move on her part.  The sale date of the house was Jan 12, 2011 and the recording date was Jan 18, 2011.  Smart Title & Settlement Services was the Title company if anyone cares to look into it.  When the house was sold to the current owner on Nov 1, 2016, it did show only Natasha as the seller.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

11 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Huh! Is that Elizabeth in the black shirt and Brandon in the purple shirt, behind her? 

Elizabeth, but not Brandon behind her. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

I tried watching the video, but didn't get more than halfway through. Maybe I'll try again another day.

He says again that Weigh Down is an MLM (it's not) and he mentions diet products, implying powders and pills in another video (really just a book and video series). My fear is that people will watch his videos and decide that since he's wrong about the MLM and "products",  they'll dismiss everything he's saying and will miss the important information they need. 

Also surprised that he doesn't seem to know anything about Scientology and the dangerous cult that that is, or didn't google it before going to the building there.

Edited by Scrappinmac
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Usually it means no embalming and the use of caskets that are biodegradable.The people I know who have made plans for a natural burial do so for environmental reasons. I first learned about it in a book called Smoke Gets In Your Eyes. 

Thanks for reminding me to put that book back on my reading list! (It's by Caitlin Doughty of "ask a mortician" on Youtube, and I know she has videos about natural burial for anyone wanting a quick overview. Her funeral home offers natural burials so she's very familiar with the options.)

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Scrappinmac said:

My fear is that people will watch his videos and decide that since he's wrong about the MLM and "products",  they'll dismiss everything he's saying and will miss the important information they need. 

This is what I fear too. Same with his other inaccuracies. It is easy to dismiss the whole video if he gets some facts wrong- also because he takes a very bias tone-  I am hoping the documentary can just present the facts and timeline, since really, that is enough to show how sinister RF is. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I’m assuming The HBOmax documentary will have tons of info. If they interviewed him, they will likely be talking about all the flight stuff he talks about. So even if he gets some stuff wrong, HBOmax will get it right. And it’s a much wider audience.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Questions about Gwen’s final resting place ... Will something more permanent be placed there? A monument/headstone, something besides some Hobby Lobby ribbon and a wreath and namecard that looked like it was penned with a Sharpie?

Assuming one of these more remote properties she got in the divorce is the cemetery for the Remnant remnants? 

Guessing it’s not 7925 Porter Branch Road, which is now for sale for $1.5 million — yes, listed by Brandon Hannah Properties (Alec Leaman). I’d have guessed it was listed AFTER the crash, but it was listed May 13  — 16 days before. If Gwen was looking to unload property/increase cash flow, is that proof that she was feeling the financial squeeze caused by some combination of her lavish lifestyle, reduced tithes/income, her divorce and Joe’s custody battle and toys?

4A40F6CC-6DF0-4E75-A2D5-F0AD939A1856.jpeg

DB1A7DC1-8E9E-426C-A964-73392309B6B2.jpeg

• Thank You 6

The episode in which Gwen admits that WeighDown is not a lasting solution for anything. You can fool some people into not-eating for a brief period but you cannot fool most people all of the time.  Gwen gives it two weeks maximum until people come into their senses and eat something.

Spoiler

How do you return to that success you experienced in the first two weeks of WeighDown? What was going on then? You focused all day only on God with no gimmicks. The gimmicks that you might have picked up after Week Three of your original class that then diverted your all-essential focus. You wanted to speed up the weight loss, so you mixed dieting (man-made rules) in with God’s simple focus, and so you lost your focus. When you take your mind off of God’s will of hunger and fullness inside of you, the next thing you know you are back to nightly bingeing or the all-day nibbling and grazing and decisions outside of you. We are not going to do that again.

She also says that focusing on your eating disorder bubble may gravely distort your perceptions of what's going on in your interpersonal relationships.  

Spoiler

How do we return to those glorious first two weeks of WeighDown that I know that you did so well in? You focus up…and if you get off focus, you use your memory and remember the glorious feeling of losing all that weight. There is nothing like it. You feel so sky-high with God and so sky-high with mankind, you do not even care if someone yells at you or is mean to you—it would not burst your new bubble of focus and hope. The Zone of only eating when hungry and stopping at full gives you spiritual hope and boundless physical energy.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 6

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Guess I’ve been napping, but how did / does an MLM scheme fit into the WDW / RF world? TIA!!

It doesn't. Gryder is mistaken about that. Scarappinmac said it best. (see below)

On 9/20/2021 at 11:25 AM, Scrappinmac said:

He says again that Weigh Down is an MLM (it's not) and he mentions diet products, implying powders and pills in another video (really just a book and video series).

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

On the "Meet Our Leaders" page Elizabeth changed her photo to her and her children, several people have updated their photos, and there seem to be new ministry leaders/ assistants.

I wonder how much this has to do with Gwod's passing.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

From The ProAna Diaries , we learn that if you eat you will feel  tiredness, pain, backache, joint aches, headaches, heartburn, achy feet, knees, and hips, heart fluttering, indigestion problems, loss of sleep, overall exhaustion, sleeping your life away, nausea, feelings of being drained, sick to death,  guilt, feeling achy and sick. Eating is  an emotional, spiritual, physical, painful nightmare, and life will pass you by if you eat.  If you stop eating you will have friends and never feel tired after dinner, no matter how long your day has already been.

I would probably try to starve myself to death too if any of this was true.

This post is like a Haunted House in which all the ghosts and zombies that try to scare you contain calories.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

Has anyone seen the pinned comment on Dan Gryder's latest video on Remnant? Someone who goes by the name of Krystal K is QUITE angry with him. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

On 9/9/2021 at 3:01 PM, TDHuggies said:

Here is what Dan posted about his deleted videos:

"This video is a re-upload of a previous posted video. My You Tube channel was taken over on the evening of August 31, 2021 and videos were systematically deleted while I was watching. The very first to go was this series on the fatal Jet crash of N66BK, and the cult "church" operated by Gwen Shamblin Lara. After that, the person at the controls started wiping out (deleting) recent videos in order of highest view count first. Several channel fans were backing up my videos onto hard drive and allowed me cloud access to regain most of them. Thanks to those that have helped with this! Since this series on this Jet crash and CULT church were the first to be deleted, I feel like they should be the first ones to be restored. There is no way to recover view counts or comments, but that is OK. Draw your own conclusions on what organization was responsible for this. Thanks for your support! You can write to me at Dan@DanGryder.com"

wow! well, we know who that was!! They will go to great lengths to hide their skeletons! They are pathetic!!

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, freefromthin said:

Has anyone seen the pinned comment on Dan Gryder's latest video on Remnant? Someone who goes by the name of Krystal K is QUITE angry with him

I hope Dan appreciates how much fun it is to play with the RF socks that end up posting on his channel. Maybe we will get lucky and Bob will turn up over there.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

On 9/18/2021 at 10:39 PM, ChadelBaj said:

The Gyder video was interesting, buuuuuttt... there were a few cringy moments. I certainly cringed when he fat-shamed one of the members in a photo, didn't blur out license plates, and revealed names of minor children- all of this type of stuff is just going to make anyone in RF see it as slander. I dont think anyone in RF is going to watch Dan's video and decide to leave... I dont know, maybe I'm wrong. 

Most of them subscribe every month, and yes, they tithe too. Dan also didn't touch on all of the businesses that are tied up in RF. I wonder if a lot of them are reliant on new members moving to TN (real estate, remodel, etc.), and if relocation stops or slows, those businesses will suffer too. Sorry, I am thinking out loud... I havent allowed myself to hope that RF will crumble, but financially, if they can no longer turn on the lights in the church....So that makes me say hmmmmm.

yes many businesses are tired up in RF!! Many do rely on new members moving in!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

23 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

On the "Meet Our Leaders" page Elizabeth changed her photo to her and her children, several people have updated their photos, and there seem to be new ministry leaders/ assistants.

I wonder how much this has to do with Gwod's passing.

I wondered that as well, and I keep expecting the Days and Angers to pop back up there.

Hi! I'm new here. I went back and read through all the threads (took a week or so), and I so appreciate finding this snarky (yet compassionate) group. I've got family ties to RF, and they are strong enough that I want to protect my identity in case any of my younger family members ever start to question things -- I'd like to be a soft landing spot and not be labelled as an obvious enemy.

As I read back through the transcription that someone made of Elizabeth's big speech a few weeks ago, I felt like she talked a lot about punishment and the temporary nature of punishment. I wondered if it was possibly a signal to the Days and Angers that they may get back on the leadership team soon? I feel like their respective wealth (Days) and enforcer experience (Angers, esp. Tedd) are lacking in the current leadership slate, from what I've observed. I have no clue, just kind of spitballing there.

I'm also curious from any of the RF survivors if they have any insight into how quickly women are expected to lose weight gained during pregnancy. Is there a set time, or does it vary by proximity to inner circle, status, etc.? 

I'll check back when I can to see if others have the time to respond and/or offer insights. Also, a big shout out to AmazonGrace for devotedly snarking on the daily thinspirations. It's that kind of activity that reminds me why I love the internet. Also thankful for all the survivors (RFSurvivors, FRfamANON, WorseThan1Thinks, and others) who have shared and give me hope for my family members.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7

11 hours ago, finacial ice said:

yes many businesses are tired up in RF!! Many do rely on new members moving in!!!

As far as him "fat shaming" in his pic..... I thought it was hilarious!! I have no pity on these evil pathetic people.  If you lived through the imaginable horror and pain that RF causes, seeing that pic, would put a smile on your face. 

• Downvote 1
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, finacial ice said:

As far as him "fat shaming" in his pic..... I thought it was hilarious!! I have no pity on these evil pathetic people.  If you lived through the imaginable horror and pain that RF causes, seeing that pic, would put a smile on your face. 

I only skimmed the video, but the only fat shaming I saw was of someone I wouldn't really even consider fat. (I'm fat for real, so my view is probably distorted haha).

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, finacial ice said:

I've lived through a cult just as bad as RF that also pushed unhealthy eating patterns, and no, it did not put a smile on my face. A guy on the internet fat shaming a woman has never and will never be funny.

What was even the point of him calling a woman who wasn't fat, fat? How is that even a joke that is supposed to be funny? I get discussing situations like David Shamblin where he isn't super thin but was raking in money selling the idea that not being thin is a sin. Or in the Rodrigues situation where the parents gain weight while their children get increasingly gaunt. But calling a thin woman fat? Just why?

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

• Pathologic Antagonist changed the title to The Smith Family Tragedy Redux
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic