IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 19: Leaning on the Everlasting Gwen

Coconut Flan

13 minutes ago, Xan said:

Is anyone watching the video on YouTube now?  It's pretty good.

Indeed!!

Gwen had consulted Scientology! The deleting of the Grider videos sounded like a complete Scieno move, not surprised!!! 

Covered up for those who are not CSI fans nor possessing strong stomachs:

Spoiler

The bodily remains of one person amounted to four good-sized chicken nuggets?  How can they know that’s what those items are?  What would have happened to the bones, etc.? 

Anyhoo. At first I didn’t know what to make of Grider’s latest but it is certainly worth the watch!  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Okay.  The video was a bit uneven and Dan Gryder keeps using "and that hurt" in the video -- sometimes when it isn't quite appropriate.  However, it's worth watching.

Gryder got pulled in by the HBO people on their documentary.  He's not sure if his stuff will be edited out or not but he contributed.  He looked up the divorce records of Gwen and David and interviewed David's brother who said that Gwen and David had been estranged for years.  The divorce was a blessing for David and he got over three million dollars in cash to go away.

Gryder seems to think that Gwen pulled in Joe to make Remnant more television/video worthy.  That didn't work.  Joe's name wasn't even on the plane.  Gwen didn't put his name on anything.

And Remnant tried to get Joe's daughter away from the mother.  They're still trying.  Gryder says that he's pursuing this because of Natasha, Lara's ex-wife.  He says he will keep posting even though Remnant hacked him.

Gryder says that Remnant is hurting financially since Gwen died.  Their content is down and they don't have many subscribers.  He thinks it's on the way out.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Covered up for those who are not CSI fans nor possessing strong stomachs:

Anyhoo. At first I didn’t know what to make of Grider’s latest but it is certainly worth the watch!  

I agree about the remains.  It was bizarre that he got that on camera.  I guess they identified the parts from DNA but there wasn't much left.  You'd think there would be bones, wouldn't you?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Xan said:

Remnant tried to get Joe's daughter away from the mother.  They're still trying.  Gryder says that he's pursuing this because of Natasha, Lara's ex-wife. 

And he claims that because of RF,  Natasha is “on the run” or some such verbiage.  Certainly sounds like a criminal enterprise when he describes it. 

Did I hear right that monthly income for RF is now only $1,200?  It’s gettin’ nigh my bedtime and so…

I rather liked the “and that hurt” refrain.  It helped him build the case that RF leadership were and are desperate  

He seems to wrap up this part of the “preview to the preview” by observing that RF needs $ now to keep Michael & Elizabeth and their families afloat   Notes that neither has ever had a real job.  I hear their dad got a $3 million cash windfall a while back.  Might come in handy.

Grider says that David Shamblin’s brother said “there was never any love in the family” as he shows a photo of Gwen and her kids and kids-in-law.  Sure do hope that’s an exaggeration and that at least Mike & Liz look out for each other.  

In summary, it sounds like a perfectly awful situation. And I suspect that I’ll be watching future episodes with curiosity & fascination  

re

• Thank You 9
  • Love 1

3 million dollars in the divorce settlement??!!@ Wow, starting a diet cult sure pays off. Gwen didn't write any new books in years. Was she getting decent royalties from the original printing of Weigh Down or is this mostly from the tithes of wealthy members? 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

3 million dollars in the divorce settlement??!!@ Wow, starting a diet cult sure pays off. Gwen didn't write any new books in years. Was she getting decent royalties from the original printing of Weigh Down or is this mostly from the tithes of wealthy members? 

I'm not sure.  I know that there's apparently a $19.99 fee every month to do the Weigh Down stuff.  I bet the Remnant members are all supposed to tithe too.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

The Gyder video was interesting, buuuuuttt... there were a few cringy moments. I certainly cringed when he fat-shamed one of the members in a photo, didn't blur out license plates, and revealed names of minor children- all of this type of stuff is just going to make anyone in RF see it as slander. I dont think anyone in RF is going to watch Dan's video and decide to leave... I dont know, maybe I'm wrong. 

54 minutes ago, Xan said:

I'm not sure.  I know that there's apparently a $19.99 fee every month to do the Weigh Down stuff.  I bet the Remnant members are all supposed to tithe too.

Most of them subscribe every month, and yes, they tithe too. Dan also didn't touch on all of the businesses that are tied up in RF. I wonder if a lot of them are reliant on new members moving to TN (real estate, remodel, etc.), and if relocation stops or slows, those businesses will suffer too. Sorry, I am thinking out loud... I havent allowed myself to hope that RF will crumble, but financially, if they can no longer turn on the lights in the church....So that makes me say hmmmmm.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

13 minutes ago, ChadelBaj said:

The Gyder video was interesting, buuuuuttt... there were a few cringy moments. I certainly cringed when he fat-shamed one of the members in a photo, didn't blur out license plates, and revealed names of minor children- all of this type of stuff is just going to make anyone in RF see it as slander. I dont think anyone in RF is going to watch Dan's video and decide to leave... I dont know, maybe I'm wrong. 

Yes, there was some cringy stuff.  At the end he says he'll track down all the RF members and I don't think there's any way he can do that legally without getting into all kinds of trouble.  I appreciate that he thinks Natasha was treated badly but he can't be doxxing people and slandering them.  And, you're right.  Gwen (and other RF members) own a bunch of businesses around there.  It's hard to tell how much income she got from the various businesses.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Xan said:

Yes, there was some cringy stuff.

Did he actually find the graves, or was that staged?  If so, I wonder how he got the location.

And did he say they're called Remnant because they broke off from CoC?  I'm sure Remnant is more about Hebrew roots/Israel than CoC.

I'm not sure he knows that WDW was in many denominations, not just CoC.  I enjoyed watching the video, but he seems to draw his own conclusions and state them as facts sometimes.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, ChadelBaj said:

I dont think anyone in RF is going to watch Dan's video and decide to leave... I dont know, maybe I'm wrong. 

But if it stops some potential new victims from joining the cult it would be a wonderful thing.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, WeirdHarold said:

I'm not sure he knows that WDW was in many denominations, not just CoC.  I enjoyed watching the video, but he seems to draw his own conclusions and state them as facts sometimes.

I noticed that in some of his other videos about Gwen. He turns speculation into facts. I’m not sure he fully understands that Gwen’s abusive diet teachings were supported by mainstream churches and she was only rejected when she said she didn’t believe in the trinity. Without her doing that, she probably would have gained a significantly bigger following. I don’t think this Youtuber gets that many churches and Christians were fine with a good bit of her insanity. 

ETA: we know at least some RF members read here, so surely some must watch the video and will watch the documentary. I hope that all these things combined will help some members begin to question the world around them. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, Xan said:

I agree about the remains.  It was bizarre that he got that on camera.  I guess they identified the parts from DNA but there wasn't much left.  You'd think there would be bones, wouldn't you?

He cut to the shot when he was saying the small remains "looked like slimy chicken skin and there's not much there."  I'm pretty sure the picture was just raw chicken pieces as an example.  He should have been more clear.

1 hour ago, WeirdHarold said:

Did he actually find the graves, or was that staged?  If so, I wonder how he got the location.

I can confirm those are the real graves.  100%.

A couple pictures from the video are in the spoiler below if you don't have issues looking at fresh graves on private property.  

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ed46aac2692e5ed883280fec608c8a65.png

image.thumb.png.e344f936ac42dfd381b2e5b6bd608010.png

Joe has a bucket by his head and the grass is unkept.  Gwen went from a life in a mansion with an immaculate lawn to an unkept grave.  She's forever buried next to a guy she only knew for a few years and was only by her side for money and the lifestyle she could bring him. 

I'm not a huge Dan Gryder fan as he's a loose cannon at times and jumps to some conclusions and any little misinformation will just be an excuse for RF members to write off everything he says.  Any RF member will look at the 5-10% of inaccuracies and just put the entire thing under the category of "slander" and "lies".  They won't address the 90-95% that is dead nuts true.  I guess the video wasn't necessarily for them anyway.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

Watching the Dan Gryder video now - I grew up in Nashville and I know that beautiful old school building that now houses the cult of Scientology so well - UGH!  It makes my blood boil that they got their grubby paws on it.  It has a historical marker and designation, I can't believe the city let them have it.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

I watched the whole Dan Grynder video- it's clear that it is an unprofessional, rambling perspective but worth watching.  I thought it was great that he did the section on the saints drinking and he documented some of the worst possible Gwen "looks".  Also the "remnants of Remnants" was very on brand for Dan.

Whoops Gryder.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I wish we had been able to save the clip where Gwen confessed to drinking too much. Gwen may have not eaten food but she sure liked her alcohol. 

• Upvote 8

I watched the video and found it interesting. Did he mention where their graves are located? I didn’t catch that if he did identify the location. 

• Upvote 3

For years, I expressed on FJ my disdain for Gwen and her anorexia cult. I loved Amazon Grace's skewering of Gwen's devotional nonsense. I've been reading here since the shocking crash but haven't posted anything until now.

I just watched the latest Gryder video, and although I had seen dozens of pictures of Gwen, I was shocked at her use of white face powder and overall ghoulish look. She looked horrible and unhealthy! Her videos with Joe were so cringe.  She may not have eaten much but she sure did drink! 

While some cults of personality do survive the death of their founders, I don't predict that RF will continue in it's present form. Too many leaders died at once. RF appears to be reeling and in shambles, no pun intended. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, Xan said:

Yes. Expected to tithe Atleast 10% of income 

• Thank You 4

56 minutes ago, fundiefreak said:

I watched the video and found it interesting. Did he mention where their graves are located? I didn’t catch that if he did identify the location. 

He didn't mention it, but the gravesite is on private property in Primm Springs, TN (a rural area about 50 minutes outside Brentwood, TN.)

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

7 minutes ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

He didn't mention it, but the gravesite is on private property in Primm Springs, TN (a rural area about 50 minutes outside Brentwood, TN.)

Wonder why so far away? Prohibitive cost of land in B-wood? No permit for establishing a cemetery? Intriguing! 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Wonder why so far away? Prohibitive cost of land in B-wood? No permit for establishing a cemetery? Intriguing! 

My best guess (also means I am too lazy to search the internet for TN zoning laws- lol), is that Williamson County possibly has restrictions on types of burials. Since RF does the whole natural burial thing, it is possible that the county has restrictions on this. Also a possibility that since death is like a "out of sight, out of mind" thing (we have discussed before on FJ), and they just dont talk about death very much, let alone have funerals (with exception for Gwen of course), that they had a problem when people would die and they needed somewhere to put them- far away was better since close to the church would be just too morbid for them.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

Thank you, @ChadelBaj!

More info produces more questions  

Such as:  Who owns the land?  Does this establish a cemetery for RF? Why do they ignore death? [ It’s raison d’etre for all other religions, to answer the second big Q of life - what happens when we die? ]

If only there were a leader with charisma and a good understanding of basic Trinitarian Christian doctrine.  The RF church congregation could keep going in their pretty surroundings, actually hearing about G-d’s law and G-d’s gospel.

In no time, they could be going into the community to be of service.  Same amount of time, they really could be supporting each other within the membership to lead lives of goodness and peace of mind. 

It could happen. 

(My species is the eternal optimist)

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I didn’t realize RF taught natural burial. I’m assuming they don’t do it for environmental reasons. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I didn’t realize RF taught natural burial. I’m assuming they don’t do it for environmental reasons. 

What does that mean?  No embalming?  No cremation?

1 hour ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Same place the youth went camping?

• Upvote 3

• Pathologic Antagonist changed the title to The Smith Family Tragedy Redux
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic