IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 19: Leaning on the Everlasting Gwen

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, TDHuggies said:

Poor Elizabeth… how difficult it has to be.

For sure! I hope she doesn't feel she has to keep up a brave front all the time. Grieving is a long, hard process and I hope she allows herself the time and space to work through it. Plus, she's lost a number of people, not just her mom. Her husband, as well as long-term friends. 

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

For sure! I hope she doesn't feel she has to keep up a brave front all the time. Grieving is a long, hard process and I hope she allows herself the time and space to work through it. Plus, she's lost a number of people, not just her mom. Her husband, as well as long-term friends. 

Not sure how she could do that AND take the reign at RF.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

11 hours ago, TDHuggies said:

I do have to say I like her new makeup and I also wonder if her straight plain hair is some sort of subconscious rejection of her mother’s lofty “do”.

Poor Elizabeth… how difficult it has to be. Trying to grieve but feeling guilty when she or the kids feel too sad. I notice when she is speaking she is ping-pinging back and forth. “When we are sad we…but we aren’t sad! because we know we will be with them soon…etc etc” not those words exactly but you get the gist. I just wonder if she’s going to be able to keep it up? 

JMO that's  Gwen's terrible legacy... some of her inspirational readings all but say that negative emotions are a sin. And I guess being sad would be a negative emotion.

• Upvote 12

36 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

JMO that's  Gwen's terrible legacy... some of her inspirational readings all but say that negative emotions are a sin. And I guess being sad would be a negative emotion.

I am guessing they reject counseling. It would take years, with counseling, to work through the teaching of "negative emotions are sin" then add on deaths of husband/father of children, mother and friends, she will be lucky if she gets through the grief process without a complete break down. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

12 hours ago, TDHuggies said:

I do have to say I like her new makeup and I also wonder if her straight plain hair is some sort of subconscious rejection of her mother’s lofty “do”.

Poor Elizabeth… how difficult it has to be. Trying to grieve but feeling guilty when she or the kids feel too sad. I notice when she is speaking she is ping-pinging back and forth. “When we are sad we…but we aren’t sad! because we know we will be with them soon…etc etc” not those words exactly but you get the gist. I just wonder if she’s going to be able to keep it up? 

Probably too much of a soft heart, here, but I’m throwing all my extra compassion & support towards Elizabeth.  And I’m gonna be positive. 

The natural hair and makeup - thumbs up!  The pegged mom jeans - I still wear ‘em and have done,  even through the years where my female JuniorJB’s screeched in disapproval !!!

If she wore them to cover up her thinness, *shrug!*. Her mother wore outrageously high-heeled shoes and short-hemmed dresses (in slimming black, no less) to push her own thinness in the faces of the congregation. 

Anything Eliz does that isn’t like her late mama: points in my opinion. 

I have more to say, but right now I feel hungry. ;) And I’m gonna have a nosh! 

• Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 11

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Probably too much of a soft heart, here, but I’m throwing all my extra compassion & support towards Elizabeth.  And I’m gonna be positive. 

I too can’t help but feel compassion for her. This is a woman who, until now, has never experienced her mother not controlling her. Not only did she lose her husband and mother, she lost the person who told her how to navigate her every moment. Suddenly she has been set adrift. Elizabeth, is now a widow with young children, dealing with a life experience that is emotionally crushing and being expected to keep her mom’s cult going. How does she even get out of bed each day!  It is good to see her in comfy clothing and no longer looking like a ghost. 

I will be the first to say that a change in clothes doesn’t make someone not a fundie and I’m sure Elizabeth still has horrific beliefs, but that she hasn’t immediately morphed into looking like Gwen 2.0 is a good sign. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 6

On 8/28/2021 at 11:09 AM, SunnySide said:

My guess it would have been in a will, or in other legal documents. Because both parents had serious health issues in this case I wonder if they had time to think it over, talk to who they wanted to raise their child and make it legal before Dana passed? I don’t have children but I would imagine this would be a top priority for any parent in a similar situation: make things official and legal to avoid complications in the future?

When my aunt had her daughter, she mentioned that she and her husband had talked about asking me or my middle sister to be her guardian if anything happened to both of them, but hadn't done so because we were so young at the time. (Cousin was born a few months after my college graduation, right around the time I got my first real job - so I could have done it, but it would have been difficult.) I think she made my other aunt the potential guardian, and might have changed it later to my sister, but now cousin is a young adult so it was never necessary to make that decision. But yeah they definitely put in their wills who was to be guardian for her if they both passed away. 

I remember telling my sisters if I ever had a kid I'd make youngest sister the guardian of the kid and middle sister the guardian of the money. 

I am glad Elizabeth looks comfy? I am going to go the opposite way from some and hope that she's wearing the baggy clothes because she finally relaxed and started actually eating and has put on a desperately needed pound or two. I realize that's probably overly hopeful, but...

I hope she, if she's taking over, really tries to do things right and educates herself, rather than just parroting what Gwen said all the time. A church that vibrant and big could do so much good, if they weren't a harmful cult.

And I'm still waiting on Bob to explain how basing a CHURCH on (and therefore linking salvation to) a weight loss program makes any sense whatsoever. 

It's like religion Mad Libs. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

On 8/28/2021 at 12:00 AM, finacial ice said:

Yes and Yes

Sorry for the delay. But yes, you are correct on all. 

From what i have heard..... There was something in the business they were involved with, wasn't sitting well with Gwen she told them no more

yes......

imagine that, and they were "leaders"  with members under them. They were supposedly "leading" these members closer to God....

Scary!!!

23 hours ago, freefromthin said:

Well, the whole thing was cringy. Durville was behind her flapping his arms and trying to get people to give her MORE adulation, meanwhile, then she turns to Michael and kind of semi bows to him, and then she motions with her arms to try and get the audience to calm DOWN. It was all just kind of...odd.

gag!

Edited by finacial ice
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

It's like religion Mad Libs. 

This made me laugh so much! I love mad libs. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

On 8/28/2021 at 7:13 AM, formergothardite said:

I do wonder if the leaders are reading this thread and thinking that Bob is being clever. Or does at least some part of them realize he can’t answer the most simple of questions which doesn’t bode well for when the documentary comes out and members start getting bombarded with questions about their beliefs.

No I think "Bob" will be getting fired from this non paying job.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

22 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

Because if they’re looking inward, they’re not looking outward ... at those pants.

CCECB37A-3D68-4582-AAE2-43AC97CAB9F3.jpeg

@SayonaraLara, thank you for tge post and the images. Where does one go to view the weekly services? Are they archived somewhere?  

Many thanks in advance! 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, finacial ice said:

No I think "Bob" will be getting fired from this non paying job.

I think we have seen the last of @Bob. He failed miserably at pretending to be an unbiased outsider. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 2

@Bob: “Let me come @ you with my many walls o’ text!”

then

“OMG I am so, *so* BUSY how dare you ask me to answer your questions you triggered byatchazz you!”

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 18
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

@SayonaraLara, thank you for tge post and the images. Where does one go to view the weekly services? Are they archived somewhere?  

Many thanks in advance! 

Sure! The Wednesday evening (6 pm CST) and Saturday morning Sabbath assemblies (usually 9 am CST— though sometimes they do evening assemblies for weddings, concerts, holy days, etc.) are livestreamed at https://www.remnantfellowship.org/ 

Way down (pardon the pun) at the bottom of the homepage, there’s a link to the webcast. You’ll need to create/enter a login before access is given.

Replays are usually available for a day or so. Then they’re moved to Truthstream — or whatever their paid subscription service is called these days.

06FC7D9C-75D0-43CD-AAB5-37C5BEC629A4.jpeg

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

Elizabeth’s monstrosity mansion listing has been removed, after the price was lowered more than $350,000.

D5289920-C650-4AF2-B09C-614E27C44D83.thumb.jpeg.e2658531672d25d78c69af61a698d940.jpeg 

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I am guessing they reject counseling. It would take years, with counseling, to work through the teaching of "negative emotions are sin" then add on deaths of husband/father of children, mother and friends, she will be lucky if she gets through the grief process without a complete break down. 

Real counseling yep. If you need counseling you would get it from a church leader. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

On 8/29/2021 at 6:48 PM, RFsurvivor said:

This was from a Sabbath Service? That’s extremely casual for them

Yes it is. Gwen would not allow her daughter to wear that on stage. And D would not be wearing that on stage in front of gwen either, if she was still here. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

18 minutes ago, finacial ice said:

Yes it is. Gwen would not allow her daughter to wear that on stage. And D would not be wearing that on stage in front of gwen either, if she was still here. 

Ooo, a tiny bit of rebellion. I love it!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

On 8/27/2021 at 10:45 PM, AmazonGrace said:

So why do you think Remnant sends the lackeys here? 

I don’t know; but I can picture the meeting. 

For the poor lackeys in the FJ pool, it’s probably a very tense time, worrying that they’ll be picked. 

“Okay Bob; you’re up. Now, we know they chewed that last guy up and spit him out - same with the guy before him; but you might do better. Just go in there and patronize the hell out of ‘em.”

Bob returns from his time at FJ, battered, bruised, limping and drooling, and takes his place in the recovery ward beside the other brethren who will be forever scarred by their FJ mission. 

“We need another tribute!! Who is my most patronizing member? Don’t make me call Ken Alexander, people!”

• Haha 27
  • Love 1

On 8/30/2021 at 11:17 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

Heck yeah, they reject counseling. To the extent that children are told that jobs such as psychologist and social worker are not acceptable for RF kids to aspire to. Members who have such degrees are either told not to do those jobs or get so much flack from others that they "reach a realization" that their job is not "OK" and they do something else. 

And yes --- they (adults and children) need grief counseling. If not today, it will show up in their psyches in a few years. Promise. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, treemom said:

We aren’t even being that rough.  That’s what is hilarious.

They literally can’t handle even the most easy questions. They are going to completely meltdown when this documentary comes out and reporters start calling them up? Gwen was at least okayish at pivoting and spinning when asked hard questions, but they don’t have her anymore. I’m not sure most of her followers are even capable of having a discussion about the beliefs of the church. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

They literally can’t handle even the most easy questions. They are going to completely meltdown when this documentary comes out and reporters start calling them up? Gwen was at least okayish at pivoting and spinning when asked hard questions, but they don’t have her anymore. I’m not sure most of her followers are even capable of having a discussion about the beliefs of the church. 

If you can't describe the core beliefs of your church without quoting the leader, you might be in a cult.

• Upvote 18

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

They are going to completely meltdown when this documentary comes out and reporters start calling them up?

They will cry 'persecution' and claim that it proves they are the righteous remnant.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

This is question for all the FJ-ers that are Remnant adjacent via friends/family:

What's up with the dearth of weddings this year? Is RF running out of 18 year-olds to force into marriage way too young?  (One can but hope.) 

There were 14 weddings in 2020, most after the pandemic revved up. Thus far there have been 3 in 2021.

I realize Gwod is no longer with them, but there were 0 weddings until the one on May 29th (plane crash weekend) and there have been 2 since then. Obviously someone other than Gwod can perform the marriage ceremony.

I find it .... interesting ... I guess is the word ... that previous years had so many "Twu wuv of Gwod and this Truth" nuptials and now basically none. 

Any insight from anyone?

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 12

• Pathologic Antagonist changed the title to The Smith Family Tragedy Redux
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic