IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 19: Leaning on the Everlasting Gwen

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, cookingbutterchicken said:

I am so sorry you have ever been attacked by anyone much less a remnant person. 

I don’t remember this. Can you tell me which thread and page please?  How did you know it was Rob?

Again, I am so sorry. I had a remnant person yelling at me holding her first granddaughter that was about a week old telling me how I wasn’t following “leadership” like I should!🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

In one of the posts, he used a large copy and paste of his testimony that was on the Remnant website. Like word for word. It was a while ago. The account was RFHmmmm or something like that. I want to say thread 2 or 3. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

On 8/26/2021 at 10:08 AM, RFsurvivor said:

Oh also maybe go look at the previous thread where current church member Rob Day came on here and attacked my experience. Do you really want to be associated with that type of behavior?

Ooooh yes, good ole Rob Day.  Now, what was the real reason he "stepped down" in the RF cult??  ooooh yes, I remember!

I'm pretty sure he doesn't want that embarrassing  can of worms opened to the public. He really shouldn't be attacking anyone about their experience.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
Quote boxes by the dozen!
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, finacial ice said:

Ooooh yes, good ole Rob Day.  Now, what was the real reason he "stepped down" in the RF cult??  ooooh yes, I remember!

What was it?!

• Upvote 3

I have ALL the time to FJ at the moment!!11!! 

I live in New Zealand and the entire country is in level 4 lockdown. As I am not an essential worker, like everybody else, I have to be at home.

Done my weekly shop, not outside exercising today as the weather is shit, not at the doctors for a test, vaccine or because of illness, so I am at home. Only one of my kids is homeschooling, but doesn’t need my help for it. Because the kids dad is also not an essential worker and can’t work from home, he is also parenting. 
Don’t feel like wasting money online shopping, don’t like how most comment sections show only the lowest of human EQ and IQ and like that FJ insists on mostly facts, not fantasy and BEC. Can’t be arsed crafting, doing extra cleaning or baking today. 🤷‍♀️ 

TL;DR I have ALL the time to FJ :playful2:

PS: That also means I am in a different time zone 🤫

Edited by Mrs Ms
Added PS
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 8

12 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Since Joe was brought up, anyone have an updates on the kids orphaned by the plane crash? I know Joe's daughter wasn't orphaned because her mom is alive, I hope she is doing well. 

The 3 siblings are living with the Stitzes family, the other children (2 minor brothers) are still living in their home with the oldest married sister who moved into her parents home to take care of them.

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Spend any time on FJ and you will see how being grace only salvation can also be dangerous. So many of the people we discuss are grace only when it comes to salvation and they take that as meaning they don’t need to try to be nice people at all. And if questioned they will go into rants about how they are saved by grace and don’t believe in works based religion. It isn’t really about theology of grace vs works, it all comes down to the people. Some lovely people will believe in work based salvation, some horrible folks grace based. 

I judge a theology as bad based of it it harms the person or causes them to harm others. Gwen’s diet theology , her support of hitting children, how she cut off members from their family and friends, those caused harm. But saying that she doesn’t believe in the trinity doesn’t appear to cause people to hurt themselves or others. She did still believe Jesus was the son of God and that Jesus was sacrificed for the sins of humanity and that through the blood of Jesus people are saved. This is so close to mainstream theology on salvation it is difficult to see how that is the thing that people get upset over. Especially when her followers tortured a child to death and she defended them. In the grand scheme of her beliefs, the trinity stuff is fairly innocuous.

She had no choice, she had to stand by them, otherwise the parents could of easily pointed the finger at her and blamed her for what they did. That would of ruined her.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

14 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

You covered it nicely. I just have to vent about one thing Joe Langsdon said that really triggers me. "Any other church would not have survived." That is complete and utter nonsense. For all their flaws, mainstream churches have strong support systems and backups so if something like this happens, the church continues to function, in no small part because it's part of a larger body. It's personality cults like RF that go into a tailspin when their leader gets taken out.

I can guarantee you that if 7 of the leaders in my church died suddenly, we would not be having weekly meetings to reassure everyone that the church would continue. Or to remind us that we're better than everyone else.

Just more of the brain washing thats all.  I have never been a fan of Joe L.  Personally I think he's rude and truly believes he is better than everyone. He wont speak to anyone in the church unless they are a leader or wealthy.  Sad 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Blue said:

Bob's bringing up the trinity makes me even more convinced he's a current member. Whenever we would bring up TRULY bad things about RF... spiritual abuse... eating disorders... abuse of power... etc... rather than address those things, our family would always somehow find a way to prove to us that they're correct about the trinity. It's like that's the only "bad" claim about RF that they seem remotely prepared to discuss.

It is the only thing they got where they are justified in claiming they are being unfairly picked on, so they jump on it. It is a great distraction tool to keep them from having to talk about the more challenging topics. 

I’ve read multiple articles where organizations and churches discuss why they cut ties with Gwen and it is never her dangerous diet advice or the accusations of abuse. The churches and religious organizations are willing to overlook those things, but her stance of the trinity is what bothers them. And if she suddenly changed course on that they would welcome her and her teachings back. It is scary to think how much more harm she could have caused if she hadn’t  adopted that trinity stance. Her diet advice would be being preached in so many more churches. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, finacial ice said:

The 3 siblings are living with the Stitzes family

IIRC a family member is fighting for custody of these kids but so far they are still with an RF family. Do I remember that correctly? 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Spend any time on FJ and you will see how being grace only salvation can also be dangerous.

That's what I meant in my quote below. The bible covers this too. "What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?" (Romans 6:1-2). Faith without works is dead" (James 2:17).

Again, bad theology hurts people. A complete and robust understanding of basic christian doctrines should lead to someone being a decent human being. When people twist any part of scripture, abuse happens. Which is heart breaking and it should be exposed. I wish these threads could be printed in a TN newspaper.

Also, I bring up this perspective knowing that many on here won't agree but some definitely will. And it's still a valid perspective to consider if you can agree that the spiritual abuse is worthy of concern too because it potentially leads to other abuses.

12 hours ago, My Fam in RF said:

What I am saying is the outcome of receiving and understanding grace should produce real fruit where you actually care for and love others and serve the Lord.

11 hours ago, formergothardite said:

She did still believe Jesus was the son of God and that Jesus was sacrificed for the sins of humanity and that through the blood of Jesus people are saved. This is so close to mainstream theology on salvation it is difficult to see how that is the thing that people get upset over.

Eh. In a twisted sense she kind of believed this. It sounds close to mainstream but it is so far. Every time I ask them about Jesus's work on the cross and what it means their answer is very convoluted.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

What I am saying is the outcome of receiving and understanding grace should produce real fruit where you actually care for and love others and serve the Lord.

I don't disagree but this is such a subjective metric that it's largely useless. Gwen was convinced that if you starve yourself in the right way you're going to end up with wonderful selfless people who are devoted to serving God. Ask ANY abusive cult leader, homechurching tyrant father or money scamming mega church salesperson and they're going to say that their faith produces the real fruit.

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3

44 minutes ago, My Fam in RF said:

A complete and robust understanding of basic christian doctrines should lead to someone being a decent human being.

But not even all Christians can agree on doctrine though or what constitutes being a decent human. To many hitting children and saying being gay is a sin basic Christian doctrine and being decent. To others, the opposite. There is no consensus. 

Since unlike even some mainstream Christian doctrine, not believing in the trinity isn't telling people to hurt themselves or others, I can't see how that is an issue with Gwen, especially since she has mountains of theology that does cause harm. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

IIRC a family member is fighting for custody of these kids but so far they are still with an RF family. Do I remember that correctly? 

yes, according to the "church" the parents had it in their will,  they would go to the S family.  Now this is what RF is stating, but they known to lie constantly.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I never understood what was meant by “the growl.” The gut is making noises all the time as air and digested food moves through. If the stomach is empty it may amplify those normal sounds but that by no means is a physiologic indicator of hunger. The nervous system drives hunger, not normal peristaltic noises (which are variable and some people are more aware of than others). This blatant misunderstanding of physiology alone would make me walk out the door of any WD meeting or class.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, finacial ice said:

yes, according to the "church" the parents had it in their will,  they would go to the S family.  Now this is what RF is stating, but they known to lie constantly.

I heard the S family was the 3rd option.  The first 2 options being on the plane.  But, that doesn't sound right to me.  Who has more than 1 or 2 options in a will?

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, finacial ice said:

I have never been a fan of Joe L.  Personally I think he's rude and truly believes he is better than everyone. He wont speak to

Also my experience!

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, finacial ice said:

I'm pretty sure he doesn't want that embarrassing  can of worms opened to the public. He really shouldn't be attacking anyone about their experience.

He may not want it exposed, but I do. Why did he step down?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

On 8/21/2021 at 6:36 PM, NarcissismKills said:

think Durville is being given a small paid job at the Remnant Fellowship cult because they needed him please to stop talking publicly about his job as a Lyft driver.

This is a great example of how somebody says something and everybody runs with it treating it as fact. Somebody else mentioned Durville giving the Lyft testimony a while back. Now it becomes concrete truth in the world of free ginger. That wasn’t Durville who gave that testimony. I don’t even know most people and I knew that.

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2

11 minutes ago, Bob said:

This is a great example of how somebody says something and everybody runs with it treating it as fact. Somebody else mentioned Durville giving the Lyft testimony a while back. Now it becomes concrete truth in the world of free ginger. That wasn’t Durville who gave that testimony. I don’t even know most people and I knew that.

Hey, Bob -- what about answering the questions we asked you?  And, again, you're nitpicking in order to score some imaginary points.  I personally don't care about Durville or who said what.  I care about this being a cult and that a core group of people seem determined to have it continue to sucker people in and control their lives.  

Tell us what you think about Gwen condoning the abuse of that child.  Explain to us why RF paid for the lawyers of the parents who abused and killed that child.

• Upvote 23
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Bob said:

Bob, most of us have been around FJ to take these sorts of claims with a massive grain of salt. We have zero idea if what the poster said is a fact or just speculation. It should be treated as speculation. 

But it seems like you are desperate to avoid addressing the more challenging issues so you latch onto things that are easy. For example, Gwen’s diet plan wouldn’t work for many(including me) yet she would call me a sinner. Non-cult members will easily see how this is spiritual abuse. Yet you avoid such an easy thing. why?

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 2

On 8/21/2021 at 5:59 PM, freefromthin said:

The guy who gave the testimony about being a Lyft driver is Terrell Cohen

@Bob I believe that was corrected.  Anything else? 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Bob said:

This is a great example of how somebody says something and everybody runs with it treating it as fact. Somebody else mentioned Durville giving the Lyft testimony a while back. Now it becomes concrete truth in the world of free ginger. 

Actually, that statement was corrected by @freefromthin two posts later in the thread.

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Bob, you sure defend RF a lot for a supposed outsider who is just investigating what they have to offer.  It's almost as if oh, I don't know, like you have a more vested interest or something.  

You are almost as good of an actor as Joe Lara.  RF must attract D-list wannabes.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 12

It seems like Bob is desperately scrolling through the thread trying to find a “gotcha” moment he can use to say that everything posted here can be dismissed with no thought. Like he is trying to find a reason to give as to why he refuses to address all the difficult questions without giving the real reason. The real reason(unless Bob proves me wrong) is that he can’t be critical of Gwen, her diet program or say that her way isn’t the only way. Being in that position makes it impossible for him to actually have a conversation. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

It seems like Bob is desperately scrolling through the thread trying to find a “gotcha” moment he can use to say that everything posted here can be dismissed with no thought. Like he is trying to find a reason to give as to why he refuses to address all the difficult questions without giving the real reason. The real reason(unless Bob proves me wrong) is that he can’t be critical of Gwen, her diet program or say that her way isn’t the only way. Being in that position makes it impossible for him to actually have a conversation. 

Agreed!

What Bob does reminds me of what body language expert Greg Hartley calls "chaff and redirect." It's a defense mechanism people use when they don't want to answer the question you've asked. The person throws out a barrage of unrelated information in an effort to redirect the conversation. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

Geez, you guys are triggered. Had a few minutes to jump on seeing that my comments and questions had elicited a lot of comments. Thought I’d scroll through real quick to get a general idea of what I might need to respond to. I see there’s a lot. The Durville one jumped out so I thought I would do a quick response on that one. No I’m not avoiding any of your questions and I’ll be happy to go back through and address anything that’s been thrown out at me. Sorry if I don’t meet your timeline of when you would like me to respond but I’ll get to it when I get to it. I’m sure you guys can figure out a lot of other subjects to go back-and-forth on when it comes to RF. 

• Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Eyeroll 11
  • Haha 4

• Pathologic Antagonist changed the title to The Smith Family Tragedy Redux
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic