IGNORED

M Is for Mama 11: 10 Kids is 10 too Many for a Narcissistic, Disinterested Person

nelliebelle1197

25 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I'm not a picture-taker in general.  The obsession with selfies is so foreign to me.

Beall Phillips is another one that leaps to mind...almost her entire IG feed is selfies.  It's very telling.

I do think it is a generational thing. People under the age of 25 probably have a lot of selfies because it’s normal to them. But Beall is way past that age. The fact she takes so many selfies is strange. I’m 39 and I don’t take a lot. But I know people my age who take a lot. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I'm not a picture-taker in general.  The obsession with selfies is so foreign to me.

Beall Phillips is another one that leaps to mind...almost her entire IG feed is selfies.  It's very telling.

Thinking about it, most of my social media posts (Facebook) are infrequent comments on something going on, pictures of my kids, or pictures/comments on a craft thing. I probably post once every couple of months. And it's never a selfie. Part of that because I'm not a picture-taker, either, but also just that I don't bother and it seems odd to constantly be putting up pictures of myself, since most of the people I who see my posts know me in person and know what I look like already. kids, or pictures/comments on a craft thing. 

Edited by NotQuiteMotY
  • Upvote 4

I absolutely suck at taking selfies. The photos I usually use as profile pics and from photo shoots, when a talented photographer/makeup artist has used their magic to make me look beautiful. If I try to take a picture of myself-- unless I'm all done up for a performance-- I look like Donkey from 'Shrek' so I do not post them (I used to take "awkward studio selfies" in the mirror at the dance studio, but haven't done that in a bit).

Shit, Braggie, I have zero kids and I don't post on IG *nearly* as much as you do. When I do, it's usually animals, sky, or waterscapes... because all those are way more interesting to look at than my Donkey- looking ass. Put the phone down and enjoy the kids you are so hashtag- blessed to have. They will be grown up/out of the house/probably not speaking to you before you know it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

If I take a picture of myself with my phone, I have to be looking up at it - think that scene in the Golden Girls when they're talking about what you look like in bed, and Blanche looks down into a mirror and shouts "OH MY GOD!"  LOL.  Chins galore.

• Haha 7

19 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

If I take a picture of myself with my phone, I have to be looking up at it - think that scene in the Golden Girls when they're talking about what you look like in bed, and Blanche looks down into a mirror and shouts "OH MY GOD!"  LOL.  Chins galore.

Haha! I taught my friends how to look good in pictures about 15 years ago. They still tease me. But they know I’m right when I let them in on little tricks and tips fo look better in pictures. That’s why my best friend makes me take her picture with her phone when she comes to visit. But what’s funny is that nowadays, you can just use face tune or editing to look better. I don’t use those things because I kind of feel like it’s lying in a way. 

• Upvote 2

Part of the reason a lot of people dislike themselves in pictures is because we're used to seeing ourselves in mirrors, so un-mirrored photos look just far little bit off. 

That said, I have never taken a selfie I like. It doesn't help that the photos of me growing up are from my semi-professional photographer mum... She'd do some smoothing and stuff to our pictures to make us look better and used a huge DSLR with fancy flash. Good for teenage self-esteem, not great for self-esteem now. 

• Upvote 3

The time has come.  Braggie's four kids sharing one birthday.  She put a video on her stories of the girls holding the baby boys in front of two eclairs, with one candle in each.  Goodbye to any of those four children ever having a whole special day for themselves.

Cue long wordy post from Braggie about how she never wanted any twins, let alone two sets, and that she wanted the boys to be girls. 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 19
  • WTF 1

32 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

The time has come.  Braggie's four kids sharing one birthday.  She put a video on her stories of the girls holding the baby boys in front of two eclairs, with one candle in each.  Goodbye to any of those four children ever having a whole special day for themselves.

Cue long wordy post from Braggie about how she never wanted any twins, let alone two sets, and that she wanted the boys to be girls. 

The only good thing about two sets of twins is that at least they always have each other. That’s what I always thought about the Duggar twins too. When you are in a huge family where your parents give you very little attention, at least you always have your twin. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

58 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

WHAT THE FUCK? She just posted that she didn't want 4 of her kids???? And she was not pleased with one set of twins Y chromosomes??? What a horrible, horrible woman. I don't even have words right now. I mean, my oldest is a "shoulda been more careful" baby, BUT...once she announced her presence, by making my coffee taste like shit, I was 100% on board! No regrets whatsoever in the ensuing 39 years (holy shit when did SHE get so old). #1 son was an on purpose baby. His birth father bailed 2 months after he was born. STILL not a bad thing. 34 years later, he's still absolutely awesome. #2 son was an "aww shit I musta forgotten my pills" baby. 31 years later, he's my frustrating genius. Can't imagine life without any of them. 

• Upvote 12

2 birds, 1 stone. Lots of attention for Abbie, fewer birthdays to remember and celebrate.

These are the worst kind of parents. The absolute worst, because they have money and come wrapped in a pretty package. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

44 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

WHAT THE FUCK? She just posted that she didn't want 4 of her kids???? And she was not pleased with one set of twins Y chromosomes??? What a horrible, horrible woman.

Not today, but yes she has posted those things in the past, multiple times.  

46 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

.once she announced her presence, by making my coffee taste like shit,

You had that symptom too, huh?  That's how I knew I was pregnant each subsequent time after my first...when my coffee made me want to hurl, LOL. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

You had that symptom too, huh?  That's how I knew I was pregnant each subsequent time after my first...when my coffee made me want to hurl, LOL. 

Every damn time. Including my losses. With #1 son, it went from coffee tasting like shit to puking my guts out due to overactive allergies. I'd gag and gag and barf...and pee at the same time. Thank God he chose to show up almost 4 weeks early. I was due the end of April and he showed up on the 3rd of April. Funny how after ruining my coffee for the first 4 months of their lives, they're all now coffee junkies. 

Love the little fuckers. Like, can't explain how much. The 3 best things I ever created. 

PS...I can talk shit about them all I want. I wiped their butts. Nobody else can though. I will throw down with anyone else who talks shit about my kids. 

Edited by feministxtian
  • Love 5

So the quads birthday kids are having a birthday party. And the tradition is for each birthday kid to have a lunch outing with the parents, and I guess people have asked if the twins each get their own separate outing. The answer, nope, because the twins wouldn’t want separate celebrations. Has she asked them? She is so full of shite. A cheap, lazy assed POS. 

AND YOU DON’T have quads. And the only reason they all share a birthday is because YOU orchestrated such for your own attention seeking satisfaction.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

AND YOU DON’T have quads. And the only reason they all share a birthday is because YOU orchestrated such for your own attention seeking satisfaction.

Even if they happened to be on the same day, they're born years apart. Kelly Bates doesn't have twins, because a few of her kids are born on the same days (Jackson and Addallee; Trace and Jeb).

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The only good thing about two sets of twins is that at least they always have each other. That’s what I always thought about the Duggar twins too. When you are in a huge family where your parents give you very little attention, at least you always have your twin. 

This particularly true of the -iah twins. Jana and John David seem closer now, but they did not seem close in the early days of the show.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:
16 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Even if they happened to be on the same day, they're born years apart. Kelly Bates doesn't have twins, because a few of her kids are born on the same days (Jackson and Addallee; Trace and Jeb).

I always thought it was an interesting coincidence that not only do the Duggars and Bateses have 19 children (10 boys 9 girls in one family and 9 boys and 10 girls in The other family), but they also only have 17 birthdays in each family to celebrate due to 2 pairs sharing a birthday. 

Anyone with eyes can see her kids aren’t quads. She’s an idiot for calling them that. Just call them your two sets of twins. She’s such an attention whore.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

27 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And the only reason they all share a birthday is because YOU orchestrated such for your own attention seeking satisfaction.

I still think of all the utterly selfish things she has done that is one of the worst. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

Color me shocked that they rented a blow-up waterslide.  Other than their expensive vacations, that's one of the most frivolous, purely-fun things I've seen them do for their kids. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

13 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Color me shocked that they rented a blow-up waterslide.  Other than their expensive vacations, that's one of the most frivolous, purely-fun things I've seen them do for their kids. 

I assume that’s because blow up water slides are ugly and don’t go with her instagram Anthro style 🙄 but she made a sacrifice today and spent something on something ugly because it’s 4 of her kids’ birthdays. 

• Upvote 3

There's a YouTuber I enjoy who I secretly think of in my mind as the Anti-Braggie, LOL.  She's a mom with two grown kids, one of whom has autism and still lives at home with them.  Her house is gorgeous, warm and inviting and CLUTTER-FREE.  She does cleaning, cooking and homemaking videos and they're so soothing (for me).

• Upvote 4

Braggie is having a "birthday bash with a bunch of people over" today.  I'm sure they will all be maskless and the majority of them unvaxxed.

Current COVID stats in Smith County:  

Average of 202 cases reported per day

September has had the highest average number of cases for the entire pandemic

1 in 7 residents have been infected

79 deaths in the last two weeks

Smith County is at an "extremely high risk for unvaccinated people". 

My son knew one of those deaths.  She was a parishoner at our former church, who stopped going when the priest followed the mask mandate handed down by the bishop.  She was in her early 50's with no other underlying health problems.  I did not know her, she came after we left.  My son said she was a really neat lady. Gone because of pride and stubbornness.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 12

Braggie basically admitted in a recent story that she has got too many plates spinning and is too busy.  She keeps starting new projects like sending out a weekly meal planning newsletter and working on a podcast when she already has TEN CHILDREN, whom she homeschools (put air quotes around that), several of whom are involved in activities outside the home, and has a book coming out next year.  Every week she says she'll send the meal plan out on time, every week it doesn't get done until Wednesday or Thursday.  Every week she says THIS week I'll answer your questions on Wednesday; every week she doesn't do it.  Instead of doing what a normal person with sense would do and CUT BACK, she just keeps plowing ahead, presumably because of her stupid motto and because her ego and narcissism won't allow her to.  And her kids, of course, pay the price.  She hardly ever mentions Shiloh any more other than to say he's crying or wailing or misbehaving.  And yet - she has time to post on Instagram every single day, sometimes multiple times a day (to say the kids are acting crazy or she's too busy. ugh).

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 7
  • Eyeroll 3

3 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

She hardly ever mentions Shiloh any more other than to say he's crying or wailing or misbehaving.  And yet - she has time to post on Instagram every single day, sometimes multiple times a day (to say the kids are acting crazy or she's too busy. ugh).

Shiloh will become her chief scapegoat child as he gets older. Her treatment of him since at least her pregnancy with twins has been horrible. I wish I could whisk him away from that chaotic home and give him the love and attention he deserves. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

... and give him the love and attention he deserves. 

..... And so desperately needs.

Braggie believes that every child is the same - thinking/ acting/ wanting/ needing/ etc. They are not individuals - not that she'll ever allow them to be individuals. 

Because of her raging narcissism she has no ability to see or acknowledge anyone other than herself - not even Shaun and certainly never her children.

Her children are her virtue signals, not actual people. See how she endures and martyrs herself to God's will even though she hates pregnancy and doesn't like/ want children and definitely never ever never wants twins.

Isn't she the very best, most godly Christian ever. Doesn't she inspire us. Don't we all want to be Just. Like. Braggie.  :GPn0zNK:

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Braggie basically admitted in a recent story that she has got too many plates spinning and is too busy.  She keeps starting new projects like sending out a weekly meal planning newsletter and working on a podcast when she already has TEN CHILDREN, whom she homeschools (put air quotes around that), several of whom are involved in activities outside the home, and has a book coming out next year.  Every week she says she'll send the meal plan out on time, every week it doesn't get done until Wednesday or Thursday.  Every week she says THIS week I'll answer your questions on Wednesday; every week she doesn't do it.  Instead of doing what a normal person with sense would do and CUT BACK, she just keeps plowing ahead, presumably because of her stupid motto and because her ego and narcissism won't allow her to.  And her kids, of course, pay the price.  She hardly ever mentions Shiloh any more other than to say he's crying or wailing or misbehaving.  And yet - she has time to post on Instagram every single day, sometimes multiple times a day (to say the kids are acting crazy or she's too busy. ugh).

I have reached another point in my life where I'm crazy busy. HOWEVER if I still had small kids, some of those activities would have to stop so I'd have more time for my children. 

In reality, if Braggie was truly mothering her children, she'd barely have time to take a dump alone. Eventually its all going to come crashing down. I just hope the children escape relatively unscathed. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic