IGNORED

M Is for Mama 11: 10 Kids is 10 too Many for a Narcissistic, Disinterested Person

nelliebelle1197

55 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

What I don't get is that if she's dancing for Afghanistan, why is the video titled 'mom of ten can learn new tricks part 4' and not 'mom of ten dances for Afghanistan'? Riddle me that, Abbie.

Because in the former, the focus is on the mom of 10, and in the latter, one might be thinking more about the plight of the Afghani people vs the narcissistic mom of 10.

Also, I generally don’t speculate or comment about women’s bodies but in the most current photos of her (including this latest one of her dancing), I wonder if she’s PG again. I know it’s highly unlikely-

• Upvote 1

I can’t help but think she’s going to be very careful this time around. I don’t think she will have a surprise like the last pregnancy. I think it’s more likely that she’s having issues with baby weight and just weight in general because she’s getting close to 40. That’s just how many bodies work. I imagine it’s really bothering her that getting off the baby weight is harder now that she’s older. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Spoiler

1217060195_Screenshot_20210822-1509272.png.f7c5400efb6a1cc58fce8cf4a9ec173f.png1687107994_Screenshot_20210822-1509382.thumb.png.86ac799619b97c36bf6d7316e627b441.png

On today's episode of Trivial Details Passed Off As A Super Special Trait, Abbie babbles about blue eyes (in varying shades!), her amazingly special curls, and "forcing" the babies to dress up. Those dresses are hideous. Don't get me wrong, I'm a 42 year old woman who is a sucker for a giant tiered skirt but those things look like poorly constructed factory seconds.

Abbie also seems amazed that people can tell that her kids belong to her. It probably doesn't have anything to do with them being dressed alike. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 7

Hate to tell Braggie but when I was looking into eye color, I think I read that blue eyes are more dominant than green. Fully green eyes are pretty rare. Mixed green eyes are often called hazel. My eyes are blue with a yellow circle in the middle. It makes them look green but they aren’t green. I wonder if Shaun’s are truly green or Braggie is lying again. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hate to tell Braggie but when I was looking into eye color, I think I read that blue eyes are more dominant than green. Fully green eyes are pretty rare. Mixed green eyes are often called hazel. My eyes are blue with a yellow circle in the middle. It makes them look green but they aren’t green. I wonder if Shaun’s are truly green or Braggie is lying again. 

Everything I know seems to have blue more dominant then green for eyes. We have far more brown and blue eyed people in my family and only 2 with green. Both had kids with non-green eyes.

I actually went and looked at Abbie's page and omg the dancing is bad! Abbie like many fitness instructors, just drills the moves, Abbie looks frantic, out of pace and old doing those moves. That is ignoring the fact that she has zero soul in the dance. I don't get why anyone found it worth watching. Also why did her and her friend feel the need to put their feet in the air together? None of her pictures or her writing seem warm or interesting. Every so often I forget and go relook at her page, to remind myself the snark is literally the most interesting thing about Abbie.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Yeah I have truly green eyes and I feel like I almost never meet anyone else with them. I remember when I first got my drivers license, the clerk asked me for eye color but I guess she was already typing in “brown.” When I said green, she did a double take and looked up at me to confirm before changing it.

I so hope Shiloh does end up with curly hair. He needs something to help him get positive attention from his mom. 

I think Shaun has pretty light green eyes. But with all the filters she uses who knows what anyone actually looks like. Real genetics is obvs much more complicated than Punnett squares would lead 9th graders to believe. 

• Upvote 10

Those dresses look like tablecloths, and the older girl - Della? - is wearing one that’s obviously a few sizes too small. Her sisters look fine, but something about the length of it just looks wrong to me. (I have no problem with short dresses at all, just that particular one, maybe because the pattern is so big? Or because they’re supposed to match but the length difference means they don’t?)

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

13 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

Those dresses look like tablecloths, and the older girl - Della? - is wearing one that’s obviously a few sizes too small. Her sisters look fine, but something about the length of it just looks wrong to me. (I have no problem with short dresses at all, just that particular one, maybe because the pattern is so big? Or because they’re supposed to match but the length difference means they don’t?)

It looks like all three girls are wearing the same size dress. Which is weird since she’s 2 years older. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Green is dominant over blue, however green is much less common. This is because eye color genetics are a lot more complicated than can be explained in a simple punnett square. For starters, there's more than one gene that influences eye color. But also blue eyes can get kinda funky. Here's something I found awhile ago when I got tired of people telling me my green-eyed self couldn't be the child of two blue eyed people. This is about brown eyed children with two blue eyed parents, but my understanding is that it pretty much works the same for green eyes.

https://genetics.thetech.org/how-blue-eyed-parents-can-have-brown-eyed-children

Anyway the point is Braggie, all your kids having blue eyes is hardly a genetic anomaly. Call me when one of them has a complete heterochromia. 

Edited by TuringMachine
so many typos
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

12 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Anyway the point is Bragggie, all your kids having blue eyes is hardly a genetic anomaly. Call me when one of them has a complete heterochromia. 

My husband had complete heterochromia. One eye was brown/hazel and the other was blue.

Genetics are wild! My grandson who is 1/4 black, 1/4 latino and 1/2 "mutt" has dark blond hair but with a more AA texture. He has shockingly blue eyes too. His skin is more of a latino shade. My baby granddaughter, who is 1/2 Mongolian has ended up inheriting many of her father's genetics. She looks almost identical to my baby pictures, she has her dad's lighter brown hair with red highlights in them, even her eyes can make you question the Asian genes. (pictures available on request). 

#2 son's father was mostly Irish. Red hair, light skin, typical Irish/Scottish mix. #2 son came out looking JUST LIKE ME. As #1 son says, "mom's genes run roughshod over everybody else's". And, I look like my 100% German father. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, anachronistic said:

I actually think the dresses are pretty cute! Agree that the oldest girl's looks awkwardly short, though. It might not, but the other two have the hems at their knees and hers is a few inches above, and the matching makes it more obvious. I hope it's just the way she carries her height rather than having to wear something that doesn't fit properly.

16 hours ago, theotherelise said:

Yeah I have truly green eyes and I feel like I almost never meet anyone else with them. I remember when I first got my drivers license, the clerk asked me for eye color but I guess she was already typing in “brown.” When I said green, she did a double take and looked up at me to confirm before changing it.

Definitely more uncommon. I have distinct memories of a swim class, maybe two dozen kids, where the teacher told us to swim a lap and sent us off by eye color. "Blue!" and several kids take off, "brown!" and several more start, "hazel!" and a few more go... And I'm the sole (green-eyed) person still hanging on the side of the pool!

• Upvote 1

my first thought was that the three dresses were all the same size and that the one on the taller girl looks too small; if she weren't next to the twins, i might never have noticed.  but i compared the rows on the grid pattern, and if they aren't all the same size, that one appears to be only slightly larger.  her significant height difference makes it all the more noticeable. 

ISB:  Braggie is so self-absorbed that what she bought is probably all she could find and just went with it, regardless of actual fit.  

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, catlady said:

my first thought was that the three dresses were all the same size and that the one on the taller girl looks too small; if she weren't next to the twins, i might never have noticed.  but i compared the rows on the grid pattern, and if they aren't all the same size, that one appears to be only slightly larger.  her significant height difference makes it all the more noticeable. 

ISB:  Braggie is so self-absorbed that what she bought is probably all she could find and just went with it, regardless of actual fit.  

Or maybe she was fishing for the “are they triplets” comments from newbies. Which she could use as a springboard for mentioning the September 24th date and “quints.” Anything for attention. 

• Upvote 6

Now she's is complaining about seeing "a bunch" of comments from people saying fetuses aren't human. Braggie, most of the people on my social media are vehemently pro choice, but I never see people talking like that. I have to assume you're seeing it because you're actively looking for something to make yourself angry.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

50 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Now she's is complaining about seeing "a bunch" of comments from people saying fetuses aren't human. Braggie, most of the people on my social media are vehemently pro choice, but I never see people talking like that. I have to assume you're seeing it because you're actively looking for something to make yourself angry.

She probably sees people saying a fetus isn’t considered a person until they are born. Meaning they don’t have rights that all born persons have. Everyone knows they are human. They just don’t have personhood until they are born. And that’s because you can’t put the rights of a fetus over the rights of the person carrying it. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She probably sees people saying a fetus isn’t considered a person until they are born. Meaning they don’t have rights that all born persons have. Everyone knows they are human. They just don’t have personhood until they are born. And that’s because you can’t put the rights of a fetus over the rights of the person carrying it. 

Some of these folks (fundies) show not a lick of common sense. They’ll go to the ends of the Earth to defend an hours old zygote, but could not care less about the welfare of already born children living in poverty or putting endangered children in cages at the border. Not to mention the human and civil rights of pregnant women.

I’ve heard plenty of pro life folks clamor about being pro “innocent” life. Well, since all people are sinners, that leaves a whole lot of people in the less than innocent group. Besides when you start placing conditions on who is/isn’t innocent, you’re no longer the protector of life.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 6

She is bragging about getting 100K followers. I saw that Jessa liked one of her dancing videos. I can tell that her son looks OVER IT in the dances now... Her dances are always about "MOM OF TEN KIDS..." and NOT about her kid nor bonding with said kid. This was "cute" ONCE but now, how embarrassing.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

12 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

She is bragging about getting 100K followers. I saw that Jessa liked one of her dancing videos. I can tell that her son looks OVER IT in the dances now... Her dances are always about "MOM OF TEN KIDS..." and NOT about her kid nor bonding with said kid. This was "cute" ONCE but now, how embarrassing.

Poor Simon. His mom finally takes an interest in his hobbies only to make it all about her.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

His mom finally takes an interest in his hobbies only to make it all about her.

Would we expect anything else from Braggie?  Tens of 1000s say no we wouldn't -- this is just so, so Braggie.

Is she dancing Braggie style? I guess Gangnam is too un-Christian-y for her :GPn0zNK:

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Her dances are always about "MOM OF TEN KIDS..." and NOT about her kid nor bonding with said kid. This was "cute" ONCE but now, how embarrassing.

I always laugh a little when I see the videos are titled "who says a mom of ten can't learn new tricks" or whatever it is. Like, I don't think anyone is saying that? Especially not to her face, I have a feeling she is even more unpleasant in person than she is online.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

Oh dear Christ on a Cracker....Braggie is mulling over doing a podcast.  So the world can hear her say "UM" 100 times an hour.  🙄

She has hired a mother's helper for one or two mornings a week so that she can accomplish this (aka actively parent even less).

She promises that any sponsorships/collaborations to help fund this project will only be companies she has "vetted" and "would never steer you wrong."

Still waiting to hear how your IG account that is a virtual commercial for Anthropologie lines up with your stated values.  :::::foot tap tap tap tap::::::

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

anthromeme.jpg

Yes, I remember looking at their sizing and realizing I couldn’t wear any of their clothing. It really turned me off. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic