IGNORED

M Is for Mama 11: 10 Kids is 10 too Many for a Narcissistic, Disinterested Person

nelliebelle1197

Here you go! How on earth does this monster have a platform??

One of the kids dumped a berry smoothie on her dining room rug today.

I want to know which kid, so I can give them an air-high-five. :you-rock:

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

As I stared at the deep purple stains, I felt the frustration of that age old question, “WHY do kids have no respect for others’ things??” welling up in my soul.

My face tightened, and I felt my eyebrows creep toward my hairline as I reminded this child that we do not walk around with food—for good reason.

And then, Simon, in a very brave and somewhat foolhardy move, reminded me that, just yesterday, I talked to the kids about honoring God with our expressions, and he didn’t think God would be pleased with mine. ?(To be fair, I had told them they could say something if I wasn’t setting a good example ?).

You'd think someone with 10 kids would be aware that the brains of young children aren't developed enough to consistently realize the consequences of their actions. But no, to Braggie children only exist to test her faith. I'm glad Simon was able to stand up for his sibling.

• Upvote 31

I would laugh at her obsession with rugs if she wasn’t such an asshole. I’m sure that kid got in big trouble because she cares more about rugs than her kids.

• Upvote 19

Translation into human:  My kid was a kid and I got mad about it. How dare that kid not realize their home isn't a place of safety and comfort, but is instead a showplace for mom's precious belongings which must be protected no matter how hungry the kid is!

• Upvote 27

This is why God made Resolve and OxyClean. Baby A had a blast with strawberries in her daddy's office...light beige carpet. Grandma's stain removing carpet cleaner stuff took care of it. Same as when damn dog decided to chew up a PINK pen of mine. My fault for leaving the pen where damn dog could get it...she was in her "I'll chew anything" phase. So, I cleaned the carpet, the ink came out, no harm, no foul. It was easier to just clean it up than yell at anyone. 

• Upvote 18

43 minutes ago, MomKB said:

Maybe she shouldn't, you know, have a fancy DINING ROOM rug in a house with 10 kids. ?

Yeah I would assume that a dining room rug IS going to get something spilled on it at some point. That's just the nature of dining rooms. Assuming the dining room is used to eat, and isn't just decorative. (I grew up with a dining area at the end of the living room, and a family table in the kitchen. We ate in the kitchen, unless there were guests over. But the dining room table wasn't off limits!)

And kids are messy. She's got 10, she should have figured this out by now. 

• Upvote 19

She is a loon - no one in their right mind would have a rug in the dining room with the ages of her kids.  When my kids were 2, 4, & 6 I thought it was a miracle If nothing fell on the floor during mealtime. 

• Upvote 9
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 7

Remember her miracle cure for barfing toddlers? Grape juice mixed with charcoal. I bet that looks fab on her rugs. 

• Haha 16

My parents always had a carpet in our dining room. Is a carpet like a rug? It got spilled on and we cleaned it up. Eventually they replaced it with a new carpet that shows stains less.

• Upvote 1

I grew up in the 80s and 90s. Wall to wall carpet in every room! Including the dining room, kitchen, and bathrooms! It was constantly being stained. I can remember having to do so much cleaning of the carpets. Vacuuming, spot cleaning, and even renting a carpet cleaning machine! Just imagine all the spills that happened in the kitchen. That carpet was always being scrubbed. 

• Upvote 6

Jute rugs are horrible, anyway, they feel all scratchy and the straw pokes bare feet, plus they are much, much harder to get stains out of. I see these ads for machine washable ‘ruggable’ rugs which look like good choices for 10 kids. I also know that you can buy interlocking squares of carpet /sort of rubber tiles that would work well for kids - my mom and I have been looking into those for her basement because the wall to wall carpet she put in there kept getting ruined when the heater leaked. Some of them look and feel really nice.

Oh, the carpeted bathrooms and kitchens and halls and everything of the 80s! Who can forget running and sliding around in socks and then attempting to shock your siblings with static electricity?  Or the way that kitchen mats would have to go on top of the kitchen rug to protect it from spills?

I currently have industrial gray wall to wall carpet in half my apartment, which I despise, and brighten it up with area rugs from ikea. The gray rugs don’t show stains, or dirt, or anything, which is the entire point of them being there, I believe.

• Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

Jute rugs are horrible, anyway, they feel all scratchy and the straw pokes bare feet, plus they are much, much harder to get stains out of. I see these ads for machine washable ‘ruggable’ rugs which look like good choices for 10 kids. I also know that you can buy interlocking squares of carpet /sort of rubber tiles that would work well for kids - my mom and I have been looking into those for her basement because the wall to wall carpet she put in there kept getting ruined when the heater leaked. Some of them look and feel really nice.

Oh, the carpeted bathrooms and kitchens and halls and everything of the 80s! Who can forget running and sliding around in socks and then attempting to shock your siblings with static electricity?  Or the way that kitchen mats would have to go on top of the kitchen rug to protect it from spills?

I currently have industrial gray wall to wall carpet in half my apartment, which I despise, and brighten it up with area rugs from ikea. The gray rugs don’t show stains, or dirt, or anything, which is the entire point of them being there, I believe.

We have the foam interlocking tiles in our basement. I love them because they are easy to clean and my kids are always playing down there. Falling on the tiles is much softer than falling on concrete. You can get them depending on the thickness and they have different colors. I just prefer the gray.

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, feministxtian said:

This is why God made Resolve and OxyClean. Baby A had a blast with strawberries in her daddy's office...light beige carpet. Grandma's stain removing carpet cleaner stuff took care of it. Same as when damn dog decided to chew up a PINK pen of mine. My fault for leaving the pen where damn dog could get it...she was in her "I'll chew anything" phase. So, I cleaned the carpet, the ink came out, no harm, no foul. It was easier to just clean it up than yell at anyone. 

I would also like to put in a word for Shout laundry sticks. A few weeks ago, I was helping a friend at her horse place when she tripped and fell, leading to a extremely bad nose bleed. Obviously, I was more interested in getting her to medical care than keeping my clothes blood free. I didn't care about the old yoga pants which already had multiple stains, but I did feel bad when I saw the stains on my new sun shirt. However, pretreatment with the Shout laundry stick of both items worked like a charm. (I followed up with the permanent press setting on my washing machine, which is what I use for about 95% of my laundry loads.) 

Edited by FiveAcres
grammar
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 4

37 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I would also like to put in a word for Shout laundry sticks.

I use the OxyClean stain remover. It's the only thing that got out the grease/who knows stains out of hub's dungarees. God I hated those things! Dress whites were worse though. Hub dribbled coffee down the front of his whites at some change of command thing. 

• Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I use the OxyClean stain remover. It's the only thing that got out the grease/who knows stains out of hub's dungarees. God I hated those things! Dress whites were worse though. Hub dribbled coffee down the front of his whites at some change of command thing. 

I use that for white work shirts and T shirts.  Works perfectly. 

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Remember her miracle cure for barfing toddlers? Grape juice mixed with charcoal. I bet that looks fab on her rugs. 

Ugh, just reading that made me feel sick. I can't imagine it tastes good to some poor nauseated kid.

Seriously, though. You have kids/pets, you get rugs/carpet that are washable and/or don't show stains. We have two kids and a cat, we have exactly one bedroom (ours) with carpet, and that was installed by a previous owner.  My grandparents had a kitchen carpet and I didn't understand the reasoning then, and especially not now.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

50 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Seriously, though. You have kids/pets, you get rugs/carpet that are washable and/or don't show stains. 

This exactly. The married-with-no-kids couple running Kitten Academy on youtube have figured this out long ago - they have several cats and have fostered over 250 kittens and mom cats, and they have basically nothing they can't toss in the washer. Most rooms have rugs, but they're washable ones! And most of them are super nice looking, the wife (DJ, a doctor!) is picky about that. (Though the kitten room sometimes gets rugs meant for toddler rooms, like a map of the US or one with roads and buildings on it meant to play with toy cars on.)

You'd think a stay-at-home mother of 10 whose entire life is based on the fact that she keeps popping out kids would have figured this out, too. Babies and toddlers of all species are likely to make messes.

• Upvote 15

25 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

This exactly. The married-with-no-kids couple running Kitten Academy on youtube have figured this out long ago - they have several cats and have fostered over 250 kittens and mom cats, and they have basically nothing they can't toss in the washer. Most rooms have rugs, but they're washable ones! And most of them are super nice looking, the wife (DJ, a doctor!) is picky about that. (Though the kitten room sometimes gets rugs meant for toddler rooms, like a map of the US or one with roads and buildings on it meant to play with toy cars on.)

You'd think a stay-at-home mother of 10 whose entire life is based on the fact that she keeps popping out kids would have figured this out, too. Babies and toddlers of all species are likely to make messes.

It seems like Michelle, Kelly Jo, and Zoo have all figured this out. They have tile floors and not too many rugs. 

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, bea said:

Honoring God with our EXPRESSIONS?
Like. How? Smile for Jesus?

Probably. 

It reminds me of Bill Gothard, who expected his followers to keep a cheerful countinance at all times.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

Good for Simon…he’s learning how to manipulate her to avoid her exploding on his siblings.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 3

I swear I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer, but the picture and info she posted today sent a shiver down my spine.

Simon fed the babies and then went to give them a bath, and texted Braggie a picture of them in the tub.  

They are 9 months old.  They might be sitting in something that's holding them in the tub, but you can't tell.  I don't care if he is the most responsible 13yo on earth, that is TOO MUCH RISK to put on the shoulders of a CHILD.  It takes a split second for one of those babes to slip and smack their head or lip on the tub, or fall over and inhale water.  

I had friends who lost their 14mo to accidental drowning.  It can happen to the absolute best of parents.  I know.  

Braggie you are an irresponsible, self-absorbed twat.  You keep harping on and on about how sanctifying motherhood is because deep down you know you are shitty at it.  Keep blowing sunshine up your own ass.  We'll see where you are in 20 years and how many of the little ones you have now are closer to your 3 oldest than to you.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 17

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic