IGNORED

M Is for Mama 11: 10 Kids is 10 too Many for a Narcissistic, Disinterested Person

nelliebelle1197

I am glad that the kids have lots of activities (football, dance, music and extra co-op days). Beyond reading aloud to her children, which I truly believe is a way to keep them captive while THEY fold laundry, AH doesn’t seem to have much direct interaction with the kids. She absolutely has zero interest in any of those kids beyond what they garner for her,  the ATTENTION and ADMIRATION of others. Sign them up for every activity that allows them to be away from her. I’ll bet she is meaner than a snake when all those kids are at home.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I am glad that the kids have lots of activities (football, dance, music and extra co-op days). Beyond reading aloud to her children, which I truly believe is a way to keep them captive while THEY fold laundry, AH doesn’t seem to have much direct interaction with the kids. She absolutely has zero interest in any of those kids beyond what they garner for her,  the ATTENTION and ADMIRATION of others. Sign them up for every activity that allows them to be away from her. I’ll bet she is meaner than a snake when all those kids are at home.

You know once Ezra has his license, he will be the family driver. Constantly driving here and there running errands for her and taking Simon to practices. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 14

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

am glad that the kids have lots of activities (football, dance, music and extra co-op days).

Anything that gives them a wider circle of interactions, friends and mentors is good - even within their Christian subculture bubble they can see differences in how other families and parents/children interact, and quietly start looking at their own life.

• Upvote 10

On 10/1/2021 at 4:09 AM, danvillebelle said:

Braggie basically admitted in a recent story that she has got too many plates spinning and is too busy.  She keeps starting new projects like sending out a weekly meal planning newsletter and working on a podcast when she already has TEN CHILDREN, whom she homeschools (put air quotes around that), several of whom are involved in activities outside the home, and has a book coming out next year.  Every week she says she'll send the meal plan out on time, every week it doesn't get done until Wednesday or Thursday.  Every week she says THIS week I'll answer your questions on Wednesday; every week she doesn't do it.  Instead of doing what a normal person with sense would do and CUT BACK, she just keeps plowing ahead, presumably because of her stupid motto and because her ego and narcissism won't allow her to.  And her kids, of course, pay the price.  She hardly ever mentions Shiloh any more other than to say he's crying or wailing or misbehaving.  And yet - she has time to post on Instagram every single day, sometimes multiple times a day (to say the kids are acting crazy or she's too busy. ugh).

This is interesting. I don't have an Instagram account so I only see her regular posts. This gives context to her latest diatribe.

Abbie, and others like her, are afraid that the secular world is just having too good of a time. Instead of having a good time too, they've convinced themselves that their misery is actually, in fact, a moral high ground. The condescending tone is nauseating. Not to mention Abbie's hypocrisy of calling other people out for wanting attention by making a social media post while also having a book and starting a podcast. She is the epitome of a "look at me" girl jumping around, waving her arms and trying to get people to see how special she is for having 10 kids with two sets of mono-di twins!! And did you know she has curly hair? She's mad that people with actual talent are getting recognition for things that they had to work for. Who gets pissed off about the VMA's? Abbie does.

Abbie's complaining is nothing more than her telling on herself. She's bitter that she buried all the best years of her life in raising a passel of children that she doesn't even want. Her attempts at being the relevant, hip mama are bad and she should feel bad. No amount of outdated cool phrases are going to fix that. 

Spoiler

610310431_Screenshot_20211001-2112202.thumb.png.2b98164fd9fad891270684fd59e812bf.png1120293634_Screenshot_20211001-2112272.png.e7f3c1f509069a2852faf5b738aab79e.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 7
  • Move Along 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

This is interesting. I don't have an Instagram account so I only see her regular posts. This gives context to her latest diatribe.

Abbie, and others like her, are afraid that the secular world is just having too good of a time. Instead of having a good time too, they've convinced themselves that their misery is actually, in fact, a moral high ground. The condescending tone is nauseating. Not to mention Abbie's hypocrisy of calling other people out for wanting attention by making a social media post while also having a book and starting a podcast. She is the epitome of a "look at me" girl jumping around, waving her arms and trying to get people to see how special she is for having 10 kids with two sets of mono-di twins!! And did you know she has curly hair?

Abbie's complaining is nothing more than her telling on herself. She's bitter that she buried all the best years of her life in raising a passel of children that she doesn't even want. Her attempts at being the relevant, hip mama are bad and she should feel bad. No amount of outdated cool phrases are going to fix that. 

Hide contents

610310431_Screenshot_20211001-2112202.thumb.png.2b98164fd9fad891270684fd59e812bf.png1120293634_Screenshot_20211001-2112272.png.e7f3c1f509069a2852faf5b738aab79e.png

I totally agree. She is more desperate for attention and butt pats  than most of the people at the VMAs. It kind of sounds like she’s jealous of all the attention they get. She thinks she should get all that attention because she has 10 kids. Having a bunch of kids that you don’t take care of is not something you want attention for little Braggie. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

I mean, I did go, "Oh, is that still a thing?" But I meant Matt Walsh's blog, not the VMAs. MW is a horrifically transphobic, racist, anti-feminism, wanna-be-hipster fundie. I hadn't realized he'd moved from The Blaze to Ben Shapiro's outlet, but no surprise. I guess he just doesn't draw as much shocked outrage  as he did BDT. And she really just wants her kids to reflect on her so that she gets all the glory.  She doesn't care if they don't want to be culture warriors. Part of deprogamming from the homeschool wunderkind warrior philosophy is realizing it is okay to be an ordinary person living an ordinary life, but you'll never see her posting 1 Thesslaonians 4:11-12. "Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody."

• Upvote 16

8 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie, and others like her, are afraid that the secular world is just having too good of a time. Instead of having a good time too, they've convinced themselves that their misery is actually, in fact, a moral high ground. The condescending tone is nauseating. Not to mention Abbie's hypocrisy of calling other people out for wanting attention by making a social media post while also having a book and starting a podcast. She is the epitome of a "look at me" girl jumping around, waving her arms and trying to get people to see how special she is for having 10 kids with two sets of mono-di twins!! And did you know she has curly hair? She's mad that people with actual talent are getting recognition for things that they had to work for. Who gets pissed off about the VMA's? Abbie does.

Hide contents

"the only truly revolutionary thing at a show like the VMA's would have been if someone had stood up in support of the nuclear family, Biblical truth, or the rights of the unborn"

Ah yes, I've always the VMA's would be so much better they shamed and ostracized any family that wasn't mom, dad and child(ren), invalidated anyone who isn't a cishet, and argued that women are no more than human incubators. 

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 10

I lost interest in her post at "Matt Walsh". Life is not martyrdom, life is meant to be lived and enjoyed. Life is not meant to be so busy that you don't have time to sit and enjoy a cuppa. Life is meant to have time to sit on the couch and give kitty all the belly rubs he wants. 

I get having a time of life where you're busier than YOUR normal...like kids. However, Good God woman, you have 10 kids. THAT is your full time job. I had a friend with 10 kids, spread further out and no twins, and her full time job was the kids. Yeah, she did other things and was involved in the kids' school but her kids came first in her life. She wasn't off running here or there on "vacation", or doing gross things like combing her hair with a dirty fork. Come to think about it, she wore her hair short. HOWEVER, this person always had time to sit and have a coffee or spend one on one time with one of the kids, help plan 2 weddings in 2 years (the oldest 2 boys) and generally also enjoy her life. They weren't hurting for money, her husband owned and ran a very successful contracting company, but she never, ever "showed off" unless it was a thrift store find with the tags still on it. 

TL;DR: Braggie should have had her tubes tied years ago. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

Another dance video.  The irony of her criticizing others for a "look at me" stance when that is her ENTIRE EXISTENCE ON INSTAGRAM...unreal.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

Another dance video.  The irony of her criticizing others for a "look at me" stance when that is her ENTIRE EXISTENCE ON INSTAGRAM...unreal.

And this little bit:

"I don’t dance with Simon bc I think it will “produce” anything other than a closer relationship with my son. But I pray that the Lord will use even something as seemingly silly as learning shuffle routines to demonstrate that, while his earthly mama adores him, his heavenly Father loves him infinitely more."

She's only dancing for Simon and Jesus? Then why bother posting it? Her faux humble 'gee golly I do it all for Jesus' act is so transparent. 

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 10
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Music videos are filled with dancing. Oh the hypocrisy. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

S and A and the youngest 2 are on another trip, visiting the NE. Hope those babies keep the parents busy. Guess she couldn’t find anyone to take the little ones. She has been pushing the solid food.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

She's speaking at some "wellness" thing with fellow IG Christian mommies.  I hope Ezra and Simon help out a lot with the littles.  I'm assuming they left them with Braggie's parents, who have to be in their mid 60's or older.

ETA: now I know part of the reason she looks so plastic and robotic in her videos.  It's the filter.  She posted a picture of herself after a facial with no filter.  She looks VERY different and has a lot of freckles, which I didn't even know.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

She's speaking at some "wellness" thing

Daylight saving started here, the clocks went back an hour and I am very, very tired. All this to explain that I read that initially as "she's peaking at some wellness thing" and thought "God I hope so..."

Edited by Ozlsn
T
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

She's speaking at some "wellness" thing with fellow IG Christian mommies.  I hope Ezra and Simon help out a lot with the littles.  I'm assuming they left them with Braggie's parents, who have to be in their mid 60's or older.

ETA: now I know part of the reason she looks so plastic and robotic in her videos.  It's the filter.  She posted a picture of herself after a facial with no filter.  She looks VERY different and has a lot of freckles, which I didn't even know.

Likely the kids are staying with A’s parents, but the day they left, they dropped them off with friends who attend the same co/opt. Also, the photo of S from the plane😡,with his mask below his chin p*sees me off. He wasn’t eating…we all know they haven’t been vaxed. I wouldn’t fly with a baby who could not safely wear a mask. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Daylight saving started here, the clocks went back an hour and I am very, very tired. All this to explain that I read that initially as "she's peaking at some wellness thing" and thought "God I hope so..."

Oh that sucks! Ours isn’t for a few more weeks. I would die if it started that early for us. I hate DST.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

On today's episode of Contradictory Bullshit, we join Abbie on her 39th birthday* (?) as she waxes poetic about all the shit she's learned. I'll spare you all the smug photo.

Spoiler

1421996237_Screenshot_20211007-1414212.thumb.png.09d952002b50410e91354ca1567f76e1.png722383241_Screenshot_20211007-1414282.png.8601888228ea30686d4c015bec3c41fe.png

I really love that the very first item on the list of good gifts from the lord is how she has less worry about wrinkles, weight gain, etc that come with age and 10 children. I think it's some Grade A baloney but go off, I guess.

She lists "more anxiety" and "more hard" as good gifts, toxic positivity at it's worst. She says that she has more confidence in God and less self reliance which probably explains the anxiety and difficulties. God loves sending Abbie up shit creek without a paddle and she's grateful.

Abbie makes the claim that she's finally stopped wishing away the early years of raising children. Jesus Christ, it took her having 10 children before she stopped resenting their helplessness at the baby stage? I distinctly remember a past post about loving those early days. Which is it? 

To me, the oddest item on the list is the claim to have "even less interest" in the thought of ever living without Shaun. Does she mean in the case of him kicking off? Does she mean him leaving her for a less high strung bitch? 

*Is it her birthday?

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

To me, the oddest item on the list is the claim to have "even less interest" in the thought of ever living without Shaun. Does she mean in the case of him kicking off? Does she mean him leaving her for a less high strung bitch? 

For someone who claims to be such a wordsmith (NOT) and has written a book..."even less interest" implies that she did in fact, at some time, have interest in life without him.  

:::::helpfully::::: I have had NO INTEREST in living without my husband since the week after I met him in 1991.  

And the day I call him a "stud", let alone on social media, I hope he realizes I've gone round the bend and whacks me over the head with a hammer.

• Upvote 9

I hate that she’s almost my exact age. My list would be very different from hers. Probably because I don’t do religion and I’m exceedingly glad to be done with sleepless nights, round the clock nursing, diaper blowouts, and temper tantrums in the middle of a busy store. Her twins are the same age as my older child and her Theo is the age of my younger child. Parenting them is a not a walk in the park, but I prefer this age to when I had a sassy 2 year old and a newborn. They were super cute and I took many pictures, but you couldn’t pay me to go back. And that’s why I stopped after having 2 kids. But not Braggie. She kept having kid after kid she resented. Nice. 

• Upvote 12

Lol she doesn't care what world thinks about her number of children? Then when do you keep posting videos about "homeschooling mom of 10". Why did you make a whole blog post about how to deal with being judged for your family size right after admitting you didn't get any judgement?

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Lol she doesn't care what world thinks about her number of children? Then when do you keep posting videos about "homeschooling mom of 10". Why did you make a whole blog post about how to deal with being judged for your family size right after admitting you didn't get any judgement?

She reminds me of Zoo. She has such a chip on her shoulder about the number of kids she has. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

If she's fine with her wrinkles, then why does she use filters on IG that make her look like a mannequin? 

:pantsonfire:

I just looked at the slides from her event yesterday.  Color me intrigued....lots of women in headcoverings, some definitely Mennonite.  Braggie and her Anthro life are the antithesis of Anabaptist; I wish I knew what they really think of her.  Also, a venue full of women, several obviously pregnant, and not one mask.  Not. One.  

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 13

Today, on IG, Mama and girls are dancing in modest dresses.

Also, GM left the 8 kids to cook dinner and await their parents’ and babies arrival late Sunday night. GM left without making or ordering dinner?  Sorry, I’m a grandma and I wouldn’t choose to leave 8 kids, the oldest one being 15, to manage a large group of kids, including a 2 YO, to cook dinner. Plus, these folks live in the country…safety, anyone. Am I crazy? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

Just musing about Abbie and Shaun and their decision making… if you make the choice to have an overly large family, or any family really, you, the couple, need to take care of those kids. Shaun should have stayed home to care for all 10 kids. Decisions have consequences, and IMO, no couple who have chosen to have 10 kids in rapid succession should ever assume that any other person could, would or should care for all those kids for more than a couple of hours. It’s plain irresponsible to foist all those kids off on anyone, and Abbie and Shaun do it all the time. If they wanted to have continual, “me and couple” time, they should have made different parental choices. They want their cake and eat it too. 

I think AH reads here. I won’t be surprised to see a comment that they “pay” others to care for their kids. Yes, paying for childcare is different than assuming others will do it for free. Although I can’t imagine many GPs would charge such a fee.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Decisions have consequences, and IMO, no couple who have chosen to have 10 kids in rapid succession should ever assume that any other person could, would or should care for all those kids for more than a couple of hours. It’s plain irresponsible to foist all those kids off on anyone, and Abbie and Shaun do it all the time. If they wanted to have continual, “me and couple” time, they should have made different parental choices. They want their cake and eat it too. 

Her mother is pushing 70.  Sooner or later she's going to have to start saying no (though I doubt she will).

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic