IGNORED

M Is for Mama 11: 10 Kids is 10 too Many for a Narcissistic, Disinterested Person

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

My response to AH’s most current IG- GET A SENSE OF HUMOR AND STOP BEING SO THIN SKINNED! Got she is an insufferable twat; continually looking for reasons to be offended or a victim. 

Lol, right? My first response to reading the latest post was, oh Abbie, you uptight bitch, relax.  Here it is for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Spoiler

1720796736_Screenshot_20211028-1335212.thumb.png.930c59cc1517226bd8ba57f64c77358b.png1186821506_Screenshot_20211028-1335302.png.398747a98a26d84e69f3a708dba34631.png

Abbie calls the other parent a "nice seeming gentleman", in other words he seemed nice but he's obviously a closeted serial killer because he made an off hand comment in an attempt to be light hearted.

She also makes insane assumptions that are probably based on items in his cart. We get this absolute gem of smugly pretentious, melodramatic bitchiness. 

"And no amount of screen time or guilt-purchases of plush animals and junk food will uproot the seed of inadequacy and burdensome unwantedness that your careless, weighty, powerful words have planted in her heart + mind"

That's pure fucking gold right there.

Edited by SuperNova
I removed my last comment. It felt a bit too mean.
  • Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 12
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

"And no amount of screen time or guilt-purchases of plush animals and junk food will uproot the seed of inadequacy and burdensome unwantedness that your careless, weighty, powerful words have planted in her heart + mind"

That's pure fucking gold right there.

I'm losing my mind right now. Abbie you had at least 3 years in a row of beginning Evy and Nola's birthday posts with a paragraph of how you begged god not to give you twins. Your pregnancy announcement for Titus and Toby was all about how they ruined your vacation plans and how disappointed you were that they were twins again and worse, both boys. Any praise you give your kids is usually caveated with their flaws.

Take your own fucking advice please.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 22
  • Thank You 1

So hypocritical. The “seed of inadequacy and burdensome unwantedness” is well and truly planted in her kids the second they can read and look at her Instagram.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 13
  • Thank You 2

I see Braggie is projecting all her fucked up issues on other people again. I know she looks on mirrors enough. She just doesn’t see who she really is. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 13

54 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I see Braggie is projecting all her fucked up issues on other people again. I know she looks on mirrors enough. She just doesn’t see who she really is. 

Seriously! 

It is one of those cases you have no idea, how some one is so blind to the fact, they are talking about themselves, not the stranger. If I didn't know how unbelievably blind Abbie is to what she says and does, I would almost think this was sarcasm it's just to on the nose.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Smee said:

So hypocritical. The “seed of inadequacy and burdensome unwantedness” is well and truly planted in her kids the second they can read and look at her Instagram.

And let's not kid ourselves that Abbie doesn't say mean, hurtful, shitty things to her kids in person. She's even talked about snapping at them and apologizing. Sometimes after Simon or Ezra calls her out.

• Upvote 12

12 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I'm losing my mind right now. Abbie you had at least 3 years in a row of beginning Evy and Nola's birthday posts with a paragraph of how you begged god not to give you twins. Your pregnancy announcement for Titus and Toby was all about how they ruined your vacation plans and how disappointed you were that they were twins again and worse, both boys. Any praise you give your kids is usually caveated with their flaws.

Take your own fucking advice please.

You know what, Abbie, in case you ever read this? I really wanted a daughter. I ugly-cried when I found out my son was a boy--a miracle after infertility no less. You know what I have NEVER posted on my personal social media attached to my real name, much less said to his face? That my first feeling after my genetic test came back was disappointment. And I never will. In fact, I was disappointed when my very first blood draw indicated the possibility of twins and it turned out it was just him. Some of us would kill to easily have as many children as we wanted, even when that number is a mere fraction of hers. Get a freaking reality check. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 20

I do think there’s a balancing act parents have to follow. You don’t want to espouse toxic positivity and you don’t want to constantly complain about your kids everyday. So you find a balance. Yes kids are hard. But you love them with your whole heart. There are days where one minute your heart could burst with love and the next minute you’re cleaning up a puddle of pee on the rug. That’s just life. It’s a big wide range of everything. Braggie has focused so heavily on the bad on her social media. There is not enough of a balance. We can see how much she hates dealing with twins. And one day, her twins will see that too. And my heart breaks for them. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

They're out of town on vacation.  Again.  Their vacations are basically up to like, once a month now, right?  Braggie had to share that a "tipsy gentleman" they encountered on their date night guessed her to be 10 years younger than she is.  I guess that's a "ministry" tidbit she felt her readers couldn't be without.  

She said in a slide yesterday that she got bad news from her publisher...I'm dying to know what it is.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 14
  • Eyeroll 2

4 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

They're out of town on vacation.  Again.  Their vacations are basically up to like, once a month now, right?  Braggie had to share that a "tipsy gentleman" they encountered on their date night guessed her to be 10 years younger than she is.  I guess that's a "ministry" tidbit she felt her readers couldn't be without.  

She said in a slide yesterday that she got bad news from her publisher...I'm dying to know what it is.

Hasn’t she ever heard of drunk goggles? Everything looks better when you’re drunk. Of course he thought she was younger. He was drunk!

• Haha 16

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Her book is a flop?

Might be something to do with the paper shortage

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Smee said:

Her book is a flop?

If only.  It doesn't get released until Feb. 1.

• Upvote 4

Paper costs are going up significantly, and some papers are getting hard to get hold of, but I can imagine a large number of things that could be "bad news" from her publisher. Only some of them paper related.

And geez. Check the mote in your own eye, woman.

• Upvote 5

She posted a picture of Shiloh with a spilled cup of milk, with the caption "every time I give him a cup without a lid."

I swear I'm starting to think she specifically sets her kids up to make messes/mistakes so that she can go to IG and talk about them.  A couple of days ago in her stories she posted "when you hear a pouring sound from the pantry...." and showed a picture of the baby twins with containers of cereal dumped all over the floor.  She either a) let them do it, then took the pic for sympathy or b) those ONE YEAR OLD TWINS were left unsupervised and got into the pantry and started pouring.  Either scenario is bad.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7

8 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

She posted a picture of Shiloh with a spilled cup of milk, with the caption "every time I give him a cup without a lid."

I swear I'm starting to think she specifically sets her kids up to make messes/mistakes so that she can go to IG and talk about them.  A couple of days ago in her stories she posted "when you hear a pouring sound from the pantry...." and showed a picture of the baby twins with containers of cereal dumped all over the floor.  She either a) let them do it, then took the pic for sympathy or b) those ONE YEAR OLD TWINS were left unsupervised and got into the pantry and started pouring.  Either scenario is bad.

I think you're right. Shiloh isn't even 3, why else would she not give him a sippy cup?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

My kids use camelbak thermos type cups for drinking water even though they are 6 and 9. It’s just easier that way. It means less spills. They also drink out of regular cups. But I do things to make sure they spill less. Because I don’t want to make my life harder. I do think Braggie does this shit on purpose. She’s been a mother for 15 fucking years. She knows two years olds need a lidded cup. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My kids use camelbak thermos type cups for drinking water even though they are 6 and 9. It’s just easier that way. It means less spills. They also drink out of regular cups. But I do things to make sure they spill less. Because I don’t want to make my life harder. I do think Braggie does this shit on purpose. She’s been a mother for 15 fucking years. She knows two years olds need a lidded cup. 

I have never used sippy cups because I would rather clean a spill from the floor than have rotten milk in those itty bitty spots in the cups. It’s a choice I make, and I am okay with the consequences. Give a 2 year old a cup with a lid, clean up the mess and don't complain about it.

• Upvote 4

Itty bitty, at 15 months likes cups without lids. Thing is, she's 15 months old. So, she gets cups with lids. Most of hers are fun ones that look more like sissy's water bottles than a baby cup. If I remember, my brats used sippy-type cups probably until they were close to starting school mostly because it was easier for me than trying to find whatever mess whatever kid made. 

And Abbie, parenting is not a job you can quit when the kids turn 18. Its a job you cannot "retire" from. Even as adults, kids look to parents for support, advice and all that stuff (unless they were my parents). My children still can frustrate me, exasperate me and drive me nuts (let's talk about #2 son), however, I wouldn't give up being mom for anything. As far as my children are concerned, I am required to be immortal because none of them want to imagine a world w/o mom in it. I said something about maybe moving into an over 55 community eventually and #1 son saw it as a nursing home and "people go there to DIE mom". 

I wonder if Abbie's kids are going to be like my kids as adults or if they're going to be like me as adults. One bunch still wants and needs mom around, the other child literally couldn't wait for the bitch to die. 

• Love 5

19 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I think it's Scenario 2. She has so many kids, she has no idea where they are the in house and seems to expect them to self-govern (or expects the older kids to wrangle the toddlers). She's talked about little ones turning on faucets etc.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

A (partial) solution to toddlers spilling from their cups but not wanting to deal with sippy spouts or kiddo wanting a “big kid cup” - these. Abbie has options. She just chooses not to take them so she can tell people how HARD things are. And then say her stupid tag line that we know she doesn’t actually believe. 

Reflo Smart Cup Assorted 4 Pack https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B06WVCQNCX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_FDTEJKM4KAPG0WK57HGF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

@EmiSue I could have written your post, almost exactly. Except my little boy did start out with a twin who didn’t make it past about 6 weeks. I love him to death. He is the most amazing kiddo I’ve ever known. I also told our RE on a consult for our options once kiddo can be vaccinated so we can start treatments again that if she can give us one just like him but without the Y chromosome, that would be perfect. Hopefully it can happen but I know I might have to deal with potty training a toddler with a “peanut” (as he calls it - confusing when we put peanuts in the shell out for blue jays!) again. And I’ll love that one to death while mourning the loss of little pigtails. And will never ever put anything where either can find it, unlike Braggie. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 5

5 minutes ago, Rowan said:

A (partial) solution to toddlers spilling from their cups but not wanting to deal with sippy spouts or kiddo wanting a “big kid cup” - these. Abbie has options. She just chooses not to take them so she can tell people how HARD things are. And then say her stupid tag line that we know she doesn’t actually believe. 

Reflo Smart Cup Assorted 4 Pack https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B06WVCQNCX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_FDTEJKM4KAPG0WK57HGF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

@EmiSue I could have written your post, almost exactly. Except my little boy did start out with a twin who didn’t make it past about 6 weeks. I love him to death. He is the most amazing kiddo I’ve ever known. I also told our RE on a consult for our options once kiddo can be vaccinated so we can start treatments again that if she can give us one just like him but without the Y chromosome, that would be perfect. Hopefully it can happen but I know I might have to deal with potty training a toddler with a “peanut” (as he calls it - confusing when we put peanuts in the shell out for blue jays!) again. And I’ll love that one to death while mourning the loss of little pigtails. And will never ever put anything where either can find it, unlike Braggie. 

My kids mispronounced vagina and said Virginia when they were really little. I admit I didn’t correct them because they talk about body parts way too much. And I would rather they loudly say Virginia in the grocery store than vagina. This went in for years. It all ended when one of their little friends said they were going to Virginia Beach on vacation. And my kids couldn’t stop laughing. That’s when we had to tell them the truth. 

• Haha 20

After reading Braggie for a number of years (5 children ago) a several things have stuck out:

• She complains more and more about how hard parenting is.
  • She does less and less parenting, even to the smallest children
  • She tells us more and more how unselfish she is and how she martyrs herself for her children.
  • She is more and more selfish about her wants and isn't a martyr about anything At. All. 
  • She tells us more and more how she really really really really really didn't/ doesn't want twins.
  • She reminds us constantly Shiloh is an awful child.

The thing that sticks out the most is I believe she wants her twins to know how unhappy she is with them. How much she didn't want them.  How she sees them as a trial from God she must endure. How she didn't/ doesn't deserve how hard they have made her life.  I believe she wants them to feel guilty for their very existence. Guilty that they hurt her and made her unhappy. Why else make these feelings known where the twins can easily find them -- she wants them to read her lamenting.

I'm sure Braggie believes that heaping on the guilt will make the twins try to make up for their existence by being perfect children/ teens/ adults and do everything they can to make her happy. We all know that if Braggie ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Problem is she's never happy.

I think her ranting will cause the 2 sets of twins to say screw you bitch and bounce from home as soon as they can.

I think her Shiloh ranting will end the same way as her twins tirades.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

What that man in the store said doesn’t mean that he hates parenting. It just means that parenting little ones is tough. OK, I understand parenting is tough at any age, but it must be particularly difficult when a child is at an age to run around everywhere and create mess, but can’t properly articulate their feelings, so they just resort to screaming. And, using her own hashtag, “hard is not the same as bad”, right Abbie??? 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I think it's Scenario 2. She has so many kids, she has no idea where they are the in house and seems to expect them to self-govern (or expects the older kids to wrangle the toddlers). She's talked about little ones turning on faucets etc.

I'm inclined to think so. It's scary, though; how long were they unsupervised in order to get into the pantry, get their hands on the cereal boxes, get them open, and potentially figure out how to tip them to pour? Especially with more than one box/container? I use baby gates and closed doors (some with knob covers) in a small house, and I still get nervous and go looking if I lose sight or hearing of my kids for too long. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic