Jump to content
IGNORED

Lori Alexander 79: False Female Bible Teachers Elevate Jesus’ Words over the Apostle Paul’s


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

He is. Alyssa said so.

I had the same feeling. She hasn't been sympathetic at all. Before she met any bio mom, she was praying for a unwanted pregnancy to happen, so she could have a baby. Sorry???? I was infuriated. It is not "I want a baby, someone makes me a baby". It' s like she didn't care about the suffering of a woman who cannot afford/care for her own baby. Alyssa already had Gideon, but didn't seem to understand that bio moms who give their babies suffer! 

I'm relieved the baby is not with them. Lori is not only violent and racist, but also is losing her mind. What a babysitter! And Alyssa looks lovely but trained Gideon since day 1. They have money but they are not exactly a great family. 

 

Oh I didn’t realize she had explicitly said so. I mean she had seemed to be implying it. 
 

Alyssa parenting is Alyssa's parenting. She thriving for perfection in everything. That happens often with eating disorders   

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I can’t explain why, really, but I also had my doubts that this adoption would happen.  

Same here. As a human, my heart breaks for them...and anyone in their situation.  But as an adoptee myself, I know A LOT about adoption and have read lots of books and after learning of my birth mother and what she experienced, I have been witness to some of the negative consequences (especially for some birth mothers) related to adoption.  Again, I'll say adoption is a wonderful, wonderful thing. But  it is also very complicated.  

I had concerns from very early on how neat and tied up with a bow Alyssa was making this.  Her beautifully curated photos, etc.. and even calling  a woman experiencing an unplanned or difficult pregnancy "the sweet birth mama" didn't sit right with me. It felt somehow condescending.  Another concern was the long term possibility of the child always being labeled as "the adopted one" because of how public it all was. 

Listen, I take no pleasure in this situation. I am sad for them, but hope there are some lessons learned. These are real people (the baby and the mother) just as Jon and Alyssa are real. This isn't some modern  internet/social media fairy tale.   Tragic all the way around. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I hate myself clearly and just watched Alyssa’s Instagram story which just made my feelings about this worse. Go watch guys I want others thoughts. 

She knew, and stared many times she was fully aware this could fall though. And yet made every plan possible as if it wasn’t going to. 

 

I really don’t feel bad for them honestly. Not at all. She was praying activity for someone else’s tragedy and I just can’t get pass that. She’s an entitled snobbish brat. And I might be projecting here cause I hate her mother so much but it was a major mistake to make this public. She felt fully entitled to another women’s baby and doesn’t seem to understand anyone else pain. Much like Lori. 
 

I’m fired up I’m sorry. 
I told myself once Alyssa adopted I was going to stop checking cause I didn’t want to see the shit show of her talking about Gideon and her adopted black baby. But her crying about a failed adopting might be worse. 

  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, brittbratkittykat said:

She was praying activity for someone else’s tragedy and I just can’t get pass that.

It kinda felt like that to me, too.  She was actively praying for someone else's tragedy. Again, adoption is great...great for a woman who finds herself in a situation and has no other options, great for folks who can't have a baby. Great for the baby...but it almost felt like a "mail order baby" in this situation rather than a good solution for all in a difficult situation.  

And while I will give Alyssa the benefit of a doubt that her beliefs don't align 100% with her mother's, I find it ironic that the "sweet birth mama" Alyssa keeps referring to would be considered a Jezebel or worse for having sex and getting pregnant outside of marriage. Lori would absolutely be throwing judgement around.

 

Purely speculation bus here, but I wonder what Lori thinks of this new development?   I wonder if she is castigating the "sweet birth mama" for changing her mind and raising the child herself instead of letting the clearly superior in every way Alexander clan do it.  I hope that isn't the case.  The "sweet birth mama" deserves all the love and support in keeping her child as she would if she decided to relinquish he baby for adoption. 

  • Upvote 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

It kinda felt like that to me, too.  She was actively praying for someone else's tragedy. Again, adoption is great...great for a woman who finds herself in a situation and has no other options, great for folks who can't have a baby. Great for the baby...but it almost felt like a "mail order baby" in this situation rather than a good solution for all in a difficult situation.  

 

I’ve heard this language used before, where people are basically praying for a baby that hasn’t even been conceived yet and it just really always creeps me out. There’s a lot of talk around adoption on social media that really unsettles me. I mean I understand the idea of you put it out there in the universe will receive you but setting up a crib for a baby you don’t even have seems a little strange to me( to put it mildly).

and yes I’ve often had the same thought about how the same birth mother is the same type of person that Lori and actually probably Alyssa would just write off. I can’t get over the arrogance I just can’t. The more I think about this the more disgusted I am. 

  • Upvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Purely speculation bus here, but I wonder what Lori thinks of this new development?   I wonder if she is castigating the "sweet birth mama" for changing her mind and raising the child herself instead of letting the clearly superior in every way Alexander clan do it.  I hope that isn't the case.  The "sweet birth mama" deserves all the love and support in keeping her child as she would if she decided to relinquish he baby for adoption. 

I think it's more likely Lori is relieved she won't have to pretend to love an adopted Black grandchild. She's horrible and racist, and as much as this sucks for Alyssa this baby is probably better off not being exposed to crazy lazy lying Lori. 

I think most adoptions these days are open, aren't they? All the ones I know of in the past decade or so are. The family I know best with an adopted child (their only kid) has an open adoption and the birth mom talks on the phone with them and the child and comes to her birthday parties. 

Can you imagine Lori interacting with this baby's birth mother? She'd post all kind of nastiness afterward, no question. 

  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something I’ve been thinking about today which makes me even more disturbed on this whole situation. Whatever they end up doing I’m nearly certain that Alyssa is going to make a post or write about how God was writing a more beautiful story. Like how somehow the tragedy of other peoples lives have benefited hers in a way that God intentionally wanted. I mean if that’s not narcissistic and self-centered and white savior I don’t know what is. Bad shit happens. And often there isn’t an explanation. This toxic idea that they should be grateful for all these things it’s just very harmful. This is an extreme example but I’m Jewish so I feel like it’s OK. I’m sure as hell never felt gratitude when I think about the holocaust.  

  • Upvote 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adoption is a complicated and sensitive thing.  I have now experienced both sides. My 18 yr old daughter just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy.

As grieved as I was about our two failed adoptions, I couldn't imagine watching her give up her baby. She told me she did consider it briefly, but knew she couldn't do it.  

So yes, I grieved when adoption failed because I wanted a baby so badly, but I would have begged and moved heaven and earth for my daughter to keep her baby. How can you resist this?  OK, I'm done grandma bragging.

IMG_20210514_185310093.jpg

  • Love 33
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Free Jana Duggar you just keep on bragging! He is gorgeous!!! Oh, and Grandmas have the absolute right to brag and shove pictures under everybody's nose, post them online and so on...it's in the Grandma Bill of Rights! 

 

Disclaimer: I've been a Grandma for 18 years now...5 granddaughters and 1 grandson. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Love 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Adoption is a complicated and sensitive thing.  I have now experienced both sides. My 18 yr old daughter just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy.

As grieved as I was about our two failed adoptions, I couldn't imagine watching her give up her baby. She told me she did consider it briefly, but knew she couldn't do it.  

So yes, I grieved when adoption failed because I wanted a baby so badly, but I would have begged and moved heaven and earth for my daughter to keep her baby. How can you resist this?  OK, I'm done grandma bragging.

IMG_20210514_185310093.jpg

Thank you for this beautiful, heartfelt post. And congrats on that perfect, adorable little grandchild!

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

My 18 yr old daughter just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy.

Oh, he's beautiful! Congrats and thanks for sharing that wonderful pic.

  • Upvote 3
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On a post today about married couples who don't want children being swine and subhuman, Lori posted this little gem from a trip down memory lane... never mind she stayed at her Door County lake house the summer her mother was dying back in SanDiego.

"There is nothing more important than this." If surrounding those we love on their death bed is this crucial then why can't Lori get off her scrawny ass and be there?

Ditto when her husband was in serious shape in a hospital-- so serious the children came--but she declined to be with him because it was too stressful. She is full of judgement for others but her own (lack of) actions can withstand none. She is SEVERELY wanting as a human being.  

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 4.42.37 PM.png

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, fluffy said:

On a post today about married couples who don't want children being swine and subhuman, Lori posted this little gem from a trip down memory lane... never mind she stayed at her Door County lake house the summer her mother was dying back in SanDiego.

"There is nothing more important than this." If surrounding those we love on their death bed is this crucial then why can't Lori get off her scrawny ass and be there?

Ditto when her husband was in serious shape in a hospital-- so serious the children came--but she declined to be with him because it was too stressful. She is full of judgement for others but her own (lack of) actions can withstand none. She is SEVERELY wanting as a human being.  

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 4.42.37 PM.png

So I’ve always been confused about this. Her mom was legit dying and she stayed in Wisconsin? Not that I don’t trust us snarkers but how do we know that for certain? 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, brittbratkittykat said:

So I’ve always been confused about this. Her mom was legit dying and she stayed in Wisconsin? Not that I don’t trust us snarkers but how do we know that for certain? 

As I remember it, Lori never mentioned going home to be by her mother’s side. The memorial service for her mother was held weeks after her death - at a time when Lori is typically just coming home from her vacation. Family members (Alyssa, I think) shared pictures of the last moments - family gathered around the bedside of Lori’s mother and Lori is nowhere to be seen. Those are a few things that lead me, personally, to believe Lori did not bother to go home to her dying mom  

 

Speaking of Alyssa, her IG story was interesting yesterday. It was all about showing her followers how well her facial acupuncture had worked. She was sure to remind everyone that she had never had botox. It seemed a very odd and sudden transition...one day the story was a carefully produced video, set to music, telling us all how grief stricken she was. The next, a video to tell us “But look! I’m still beautiful!”

  • Upvote 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

As I remember it, Lori never mentioned going home to be by her mother’s side. The memorial service for her mother was held weeks after her death - at a time when Lori is typically just coming home from her vacation. Family members (Alyssa, I think) shared pictures of the last moments - family gathered around the bedside of Lori’s mother and Lori is nowhere to be seen. Those are a few things that lead me, personally, to believe Lori did not bother to go home to her dying mom  

Yeah I feel like Lori would have made it clear (and all about HER) if she'd been there when her mother passed. The fact she's never said she was there makes me think she wasn't. Even the way she phrased that post - "my mother had her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren... around her..." It's kind of detached sounding, isn't it? Like it's not "We were there and got to say our goodbyes and hold her hand as she peacefully passed..." just "Her children were there". 

Lori, like Steve Maxwell, seems like an alien pretending to be human. I still think she's got some sort of major personality or psychological disorder. 

  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This link is an article about a woman who complained that a Burger King worker's uniform was too distracting to her husband.  The worker went on TikTok to talk about it.  If someone is turned on by a Burger King worker's polyester brown uniform, then he is definitely the one with the issues, not the worker.  Anyway, I am putting this in Lori's thread because I thought about her when I read it.  I doubt that Princess Lori has ever darkened the threshold of a Burger King, but otherwise, I could see Ken leering at a young worker and Lori blaming the woman for it.  

https://www.comicsands.com/burger-king-complain-distraction-husband-2653213201.html?fbclid=IwAR2it7chNRPdLn-S-FztCQw_no-aaXOe3m72f_qwatzzhZMjKF88xPMMaXM

  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

This link is an article about a woman who complained that a Burger King worker's uniform was too distracting to her husband.  The worker went on TikTok to talk about it.  If someone is turned on by a Burger King worker's polyester brown uniform, then he is definitely the one with the issues, not the worker.  Anyway, I am putting this in Lori's thread because I thought about her when I read it.  I doubt that Princess Lori has ever darkened the threshold of a Burger King, but otherwise, I could see Ken leering at a young worker and Lori blaming the woman for it.  

https://www.comicsands.com/burger-king-complain-distraction-husband-2653213201.html?fbclid=IwAR2it7chNRPdLn-S-FztCQw_no-aaXOe3m72f_qwatzzhZMjKF88xPMMaXM

What in the world?  It wasn't low cut or tight. What is distracting about an ugly Burger King outfit?

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Speaking of Alyssa, her IG story was interesting yesterday. It was all about showing her followers how well her facial acupuncture had worked. She was sure to remind everyone that she had never had botox. It seemed a very odd and sudden transition...one day the story was a carefully produced video, set to music, telling us all how grief stricken she was. The next, a video to tell us “But look! I’m still beautiful!”

yeah...that was odd...I honestly feel like Alyssa is going to have a nervous breakdown. Not just over the latest set back.  I think Lori created in her a very insecure, fragile person.  The constant stomach issues, talking about anxiety, need to be perfect (eating, parenting, looks, perfectly curated social media sites),  all the complaints about how hard pregnancy was for her (I'm not doubting that, pregnancy is hard for many women, and uncomfortable even for the easiest pregnancies -- but it was almost a self-fulfilling prophecy)

Lori was successful in making her daughter into the weaker sex. All the women I know are the strongest human beings ever. I am in awe everyday.   I don't know much about Cassie because she wisely does not live on social media or the DILs (although from the few public glimpses we've seen of Emily -- she seems pretty strong)...but Alyssa's live up ( or down) to all of Lori's stereotypes. 

 

 

  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

This link is an article about a woman who complained that a Burger King worker's uniform was too distracting to her husband. 

 Totally Lori's speed -- although her response would be a more passive aggressive video recorded in the middle of the night in which she'd confess wanting to spank the woman, ala those hot-to-trot bikini wearers on the Alexanders' beach walk. 

  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

yeah...that was odd...I honestly feel like Alyssa is going to have a nervous breakdown. Not just over the latest set back.  I think Lori created in her a very insecure, fragile person.  The constant stomach issues, talking about anxiety, need to be perfect (eating, parenting, looks, perfectly curated social media sites),  all the complaints about how hard pregnancy was for her (I'm not doubting that, pregnancy is hard for many women, and uncomfortable even for the easiest pregnancies -- but it was almost a self-fulfilling prophecy)

Lori was successful in making her daughter into the weaker sex. All the women I know are the strongest human beings ever. I am in awe everyday.   I don't know much about Cassie because she wisely does not live on social media or the DILs (although from the few public glimpses we've seen of Emily -- she seems pretty strong)...but Alyssa's live up ( or down) to all of Lori's stereotypes. 

 

 

That was so well said, and truly sad. What really  worries me about Alyssa is that I don’t see a huge connection between her and Gideon. It’s so strange to me, who can fall in love with any baby given about 5 minutes together. But then I remember that she is LazyLori’s daughter, and Lori is always talking about needing to learn how to love your children. I have no doubt that Lori is too damn selfish to truly feel that “OMG my heart is walking around outside my body “  sort of love and never showed it to her kids. It’s not a surprise that Alyssa seems to be made from the same mold. 

  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

It’s so strange to me, who can fall in love with any baby given about 5 minutes together.

I've fallen in love with one of my students' toddler. I could eat him with a spoon although I've only ever seen/talked to him over Zoom. My friend's twins...oh good grief! I've never had to "learn" to love any child. My own or anyone else's! Then there's Baby A's new trick...screaming "NANA" and extending her little arms every time she sees me...Yup...done for, dead of the cute right there! 

I can fall head over heels with babies, kids in general, critters...adults, not so much unless I gave birth to them

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

That was so well said, and truly sad. What really  worries me about Alyssa is that I don’t see a huge connection between her and Gideon. It’s so strange to me, who can fall in love with any baby given about 5 minutes together. But then I remember that she is LazyLori’s daughter, and Lori is always talking about needing to learn how to love your children. I have no doubt that Lori is too damn selfish to truly feel that “OMG my heart is walking around outside my body “  sort of love and never showed it to her kids. It’s not a surprise that Alyssa seems to be made from the same mold. 

I have had the same thought about Alyssa and Gideon. She does not seem to be really engaged with him. I get the feeling she pretends to enjoy him but really does not like the whole motherhood thing. 

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I have had the same thought about Alyssa and Gideon. She does not seem to be really engaged with him. I get the feeling she pretends to enjoy him but really does not like the whole motherhood thing. 

At least, not beyond the photo ops for SM. 

  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm tech challenged and can't find Alyssa's Instagram. Can someone help me? 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




  • Recent Status Updates

    • meep

      meep

      I HATE MICROECONOMICS. That is all. 
      · 2 replies
    • PinkGreyBrown

      PinkGreyBrown

      LOL, I read the Bible an awful lot for someone who's a hard-materialist atheist. But, then, I was raised culturally Christian, & US culture is so deeply steeped in Christianity, it's difficult to escape it.
      I like the Bible websites, tending to like the gateway one better than the hub one, for usability reasons. I really like that they have all the versions, all the different books, & all the commentaries. I did buy a Bible, in college lol, a big fat scholastic bible with all the books & a ton of footnotes. I started an atrocity project with it long ago & it's full of post-its.
      I've definitely developed a preference in versions, liking the NIV best so far, it's marvelously clear & the least disappointing when I dig into the depths. The KJVs are muddled & difficult to understand. Recently I've gotten to thinking that's why all these my-own-private-patriarchal-cult & grifters & et al like the KJVs so much, cuz they're a more obscure version that requires more 'explaining', is more open to interpretation. In addition to the obvious historical reasons why, like feeling all connected to the Pilgrim eras, & sounding all Shakespearean.
      I mostly end up reading the Bible as a fact-checking exercise, wondering what the verses & chapters say, the verses that people will have in their bios or social media postings. Tho' I do a fair amount of wondering why people think a thing that ostensibly has Biblical roots, digging around that.
      Fwiw.
      · 0 replies
    • louisa05

      louisa05

      Second grade defeated me today. Worst class ever. 
      · 2 replies
    • PinkGreyBrown

      PinkGreyBrown

      This first-name-prevalance tool is one of my favorite websites ever. Sadly US-specific but nonetheless fascinating for nerds like me.
      · 1 reply
    • feministxtian

      feministxtian

      I hate English class. That is all.
      · 2 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Did whatever I had change my personality at all?  Maybe a good thing if it makes my asshole tolerance even lower than before.
      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Hey LinkedIn, do yourself a favor and learn how to read the fucking room already. 
      · 0 replies
    • Smash!

      Smash!

      Just started with Couch 2 5k. How I missed running!
      · 3 replies
    • SillyDillys

      SillyDillys

      Now thats the cats out of the bag, it feels nice to finally talk about it.
      Mr. Dilly and I are excited, definitely alot of nerves during the first trimester. Had the worst morning sickness, finally getting appetite back and I've been craving spinach dip and refried beans.
       
      · 5 replies
    • Cartmann99

      Cartmann99

      Are you an I Love Lucy fan?
      My two favorite episodes are "The Freezer" and "Lucy Does a TV Commercial."

      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.