IGNORED

Lori Alexander 79: False Female Bible Teachers Elevate Jesus’ Words over the Apostle Paul’s

18 minutes ago, kpmom said:

For or against?

Against, although women who are not Godly are just fine with it since apparently we don’t mind sharing men via the cock carousel.  ? 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

I’m having a big salad, and I have tattoos and paid off my student loans in the nineties. And had a child and bought a few properties, and used my degree to work, and raise my child. Now I’m deliciously retired, and my daughter has no tattoos, student loan debt, 2 degrees, a CPA, and a really nice man. 

I’m sorry about the plastic. I’m happy to support a fresh food business , and feed myself. I tend to starve my anxiety , and want to be healthy. I’m not thin enough to please Gwod, though.  

My big salad is very fresh, Lori , and I’m deliciously single. 

A4B9ABE9-B6A7-43B8-9EEE-5C93E0AF8E11.jpeg

Edited by jjmennonite
Single and enjoying it

WE should all turn off the news, but LazyLori must spend as much time reading conservative news as she does lecturing women. 

9A28E9D3-2762-416C-8987-45165D3F033D.png

E46FC9B2-AAFB-4A8F-A5DF-AB414490A640.png

2CFE2992-9F19-4C65-AE6B-E8B2770F4E4A.png

D6A8261E-27F5-4E63-A172-7908C37769AB.png

6FC039F4-0F54-4DA4-975B-7789C2F9475F.png

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Does anyone know if Lori has arrived in her summer headquarters for toxic womanhood? If I'm not mistaken, she's usually there by now. 

• Upvote 4

She hasn’t posted anything about Door County yet on her personal Facebook. 

Today’s what the what? I can immediately think of at least three legitimate reasons why a man might be broke, and even more for a woman to be obese. Let’s instead talk about a minuscule minimum wage, a lack of a government health insurance safety net, and the rising cost of public higher education. 

3161B7FF-52A4-4B4C-8606-DFD21CB18BD5.png

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 3

Is little-miss-lambie-poo legitimately curious about anything?  Hmm  I doubt it.

• Upvote 5

On 6/18/2021 at 2:02 PM, HoneyBunny said:

She hasn’t posted anything about Door County yet on her personal Facebook. 

Today’s what the what? I can immediately think of at least three legitimate reasons why a man might be broke, and even more for a woman to be obese. Let’s instead talk about a minuscule minimum wage, a lack of a government health insurance safety net, and the rising cost of public higher education. 

3161B7FF-52A4-4B4C-8606-DFD21CB18BD5.png

When I see things like this it just makes me sad. It ties human worth to how others perceive them. I don’t see this as being a very Christ like view of humans. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

15 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

When I see things like this it just makes me sad. It ties human worth to how others perceive them. I don’t see this as being a very Christ like view of humans. 

It is a Red Pill view of humans. I guess Lori thinks that Christ would have rated women from 1 to 10 and talked about their "hypergamy" (I've never figured out what that is).

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

It is a Red Pill view of humans. I guess Lori thinks that Christ would have rated women from 1 to 10 and talked about their "hypergamy" (I've never figured out what that is).

From what I understand, hypergamy is when women trade on their looks to get a man with wealth who will provide security.  So it’s marrying up.  At the same time, nothing is mentioned of homely men with money who marry beautiful women.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

6 hours ago, Fallgirl30 said:

From what I understand, hypergamy is when women trade on their looks to get a man with wealth who will provide security.  So it’s marrying up.  At the same time, nothing is mentioned of homely men with money who marry beautiful women.  

Thank you, but why is it marrying up? I don't understand. If you are a 10, and you can "hook" a wealthy man because of your looks, then aren't you and your partner equally valuable? You have the most valuable female quality (good looks) and he has the most valuable male quality (money). It seems like an equal match.

It seems hypergamy (marrying up) would involve a homely woman marrying a rich guy. And you know these guys would never marry such a gal, no matter how nice she is.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Thank you, but why is it marrying up? I don't understand. If you are a 10, and you can "hook" a wealthy man because of your looks, then aren't you and your partner equally valuable? You have the most valuable female quality (good looks) and he has the most valuable male quality (money). It seems like an equal match.

It seems hypergamy (marrying up) would involve a homely woman marrying a rich guy. And you know these guys would never marry such a gal, no matter how nice she is.

I think this is where their arguments fall apart. Two high value people marrying each other is the ultimate goal according to their logic. However, these men understand that they don’t really fit into the high value category ( I’m sure most of them are minimum wage and probably not very physically fit) so any woman that matches with someone who does fit these “alpha” standards must be a slut (aka someone they can’t have). Their narrow view of value keeps them chained to never being enough while also having to demonize women to keep up their cognitive dissonance. These guys don’t want the whole value thing to work because they will always fall short and that pisses them off so they blame women because they can’t take responsibility for their damned selves. They also hate their wives for not being the completely fictional Uber submissive, modest but hot, perfect wives who can make money come out of their ass because he’s certainly not bringing in alpha money. 

lol my thoughts make much more sense in my brain. 

• Upvote 12

I think it’s such a prevalent theory to these men because they can then dismiss relationships that they don’t understand. They can’t understand that beautiful women and homely rich men can also be funny and smart and philanthropic etc. The believers of the theory refuse to accept that it is their hateful personalities that turn off the women they meet.
Sometimes people just click both in friendships or romantic relationships and money or looks don’t measure into them. 

• Upvote 7

I think Lori's dad is dating someone. In her Father's Day post on instagram, there's a picture of the dad, his three daughters, and an older woman whom Lori describes as "a friend." Why would a random "friend" be included unless she was important in some way?

Good for him, I'm sure he must be lonely after losing his wife. I wonder how Lori feels about it (if it's true).

• Upvote 7

Knowing Lori, she's probably worried that it could impact her inheritance if they got married.  Gotta leave all the money to the non-working womenfolk kin, especially the one who is shaming women into staying at home at all times!

• Upvote 8

I don't get her claim that drinking itself is not a sin as long as you remain sober.  Does it really say that in the bible, or did Lori pull that out of her ass as she usually does?

And if you drink, when does it cross over into sin territory according to Lori?  What breathalyzer scores do you need to be in the sinning/not sinning levels?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, kpmom said:

I don't get her claim that drinking itself is not a sin as long as you remain sober.  Does it really say that in the bible, or did Lori pull that out of her ass as she usually does?

And if you drink, when does it cross over into sin territory according to Lori?  What breathalyzer scores do you need to be in the sinning/not sinning levels?

The Bible never suggests that alcohol is wrong but in several places does say to avoid drunkenness. Whether you raise drunkenness to the level of sin or not, that’s not a horrifying standard.  And Lori is unusual for an evangelical in her age group in saying that alcohol is okay in moderation.  The majority of evangelicals I’ve known believe that even one sip is a grave sin. They’re appalled by liturgical churches who use real wine for communion for that reason.  A lot of younger Gen X and millennial evangelicals have changed their position and do believe alcohol is okay in moderation. However it’s a topic of struggle and discussion to the point of being exhausting. The author Sarah Bessey wrote an utterly over the top piece about giving up the occasional glass of wine several years ago and the comments were full of biblical angst for and against it. 
The way that the smallest things can become topics of spiritual and emotional struggle in that world is something I think people who have never been in it cannot understand.  The discussion of Fundie women who give up skirts only always shows that. People raised in that theology don’t typically give up a rule easily. 

• Upvote 6

Lori has mentioned in the past that her daughter Alyssa makes good margaritas, so she has definitely had them.  It's been a while since she mentioned it, so it would take a while to find that blog entry.   

Lori has become more hardcore as the years have passed.  From some of her more recent blog entries, it seems like she recently started attending a more evangelical church.  Prior to that, her churches didn't appear to be as bad, since she was even told to stop talking on church grounds about how women shouldn't work.  I can see her attending those earlier churches because they were trendy in her community, but now she has gone more extreme.  Her new church may not approve of alcohol, though her prior ones may not have cared.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

She wishes there were more sins, because that gives her more things to berate women about. The only thing that seems to make Lori even the slightest bit happy is degrading and demeaning other women. 

As for alcohol - I attend (when I go) a Baptist church and grew up Baptist. My parents were and are teetotalers, but recently my mom tried some muscadine wine! She wasn't into it, but she no longer gives us the stinkeye if we buy a bottle when we go to the beach and have a glass after dinner.

One of the families in my church owns a wine shop, and I know there are others who drink occasionally - generally the consensus is "don't get drunk if you can help it, and if you do don't do anything stupid, otherwise enjoy yourself!" Jesus turned water into wine, after all. 

We still use grape juice for communion, though. I think there are a few elderly pearl-graspers still in the church. There's kind of a general "stay out of other peoples' business" sort of unspoken rule in my church, and only a few people who stir things up. 

Lori is a shit-stirrer, no doubt. She pretends to be a pearl-grasper, but I think she's really more of a salacious gossip.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Lori and the Leghumpers are talking 'bout sex.

All the Sex. All the godly, married only, missionary position, virgins on the wedding night sex. No oral sex allowed.  According to Lori oral sex is "FORNICATION."  You should FLEE!!! from FORNICATION!  I don't think that word means what she thinks it means.

According to Lori and the Leghumpers all it takes to makes sex wonderful and terrific and pleasing and earth shattering is Tab A and Slot B.

That's it. Just Tabs and Slots. Slots and Tabs.

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 2

So she's against oral sex too?

I know she's always been against anal, but I though she kind of hemmed and hawed when women asked her about oral.

Jeez we know way too much about she and Ken's boring sex life.

• Upvote 7

So since my husband cleans the house and cooking doesn't take me the hours and hours Lori claims, I have time on my hands frequently in the summer. So I just watched Lori's new video on women not being marriage material, so you all don't have to. 

In the beginning, I couldn't really focus on the content. So many weird things: 

1--She's staring to the side of whatever device she's filming with which is just strange. 

2--She misspeaks and has to correct herself frequently and seems to have a hard time putting together sentences. I feel like she's not well. 

3--The Kitchen. It looks like a model home kitchen. There's nothing on the counters, no signs of people ever using it. 

The content---most of it makes no sense. But it's about why young women aren't "marriage material". Children aren't raised by their mothers, but they see their mothers doing A, B & C. Girls are taught by the example of their mothers to not be...mothers?? Girls need to be taught canning and sewing...so please tell me when Lori or her daughters have ever canned anything or so much as mended a tear in anything??? She's such a champion of "do as I say, not as I do". Then she goes on about how because of modern conveniences women don't need to know how to do all those things anymore, but they need to know how, but they don't need to know how...and she just seems confused. And apparently because women don't need to do these things, there are no good marriages or something like that...not sure she meant to connect those two things. She just seems to be rambling. Then she moves on to college and the pill and abortion and all the sex. Because people are telling their daughters to go to college and have abortions apparently (I like to think that parents would typically emphasize birth control over abortion as a general rule--abortion being the last resort). "The Future is Female" means young women are taught that they are "the be all and end all". Then women leave college and spend all their money "doing all they want to themselves"; this includes things Lori actually seems to enjoy spending money on herself (Makeup and clothes) as well as, quite inexplicably, boob jobs and Botox plus "mani-pretty nails and toes". (What happened to student loans that she is so upset about young women having? Also...again with words and syntax not normal). All of this has made them into people no one will marry. Then she tells about the whole family rejecting a girl one of her sons brought home to dinner because she said she hates to cook. He likes to eat so he wants a wife who loves to cook and clean (He couldn't possibly learn himself...).

Then she moves on to babies...women have been taught that babies pollute the earth and are time wasters. Good wives believe the opposite. Then some of her usual nonsense about "quiet and gentle spirits" and never leaving the house. And how girls growing up should only be taught how to cook, bake, clean a house and "love babies". God gave men careers after the fall, but he didn't give them to women and "careers make women hard" (I feel like no word that can be translated to  the word "career" appears in scripture). Single women are supposed to "find work to do that is resembling homemaking, childcaring, nurturing" (again with the odd syntax/phrasing--there's a lot of it, like she can't find right words). Work requires women to be "aggressive, competitive, completely against womanhood" (only toxic workplaces have had competition in my field, but okay...). Then she goes on about learning to love being home and learning to love children...again, with the notion that no one naturally loves their children--I think she's telling us something about herself. She throws in that "you won't have a good marriage if you go into marriage as a feminist". Because feminists are extremely self-centered in her mind and marriage is about serving the husband. You have to "cook him the food that he likes", says the woman sitting in a kitchen so spotless I'm fairly certain no food has been prepared in it for a long time. (Seriously...my kitchen visibly has oven mitts hanging up, a spice rack, bottles of cooking oil, a knife rack, a Kitchenaid, toaster, coffeemaker, etc...) A lecture on not being "contentious" follows this because so many poor men in her imagination are spending their lives "walking on eggshells" because their wives are so mean to them. Men shouldn't have to live that way (but women should as demonstrated constantly in her writing and by the women who comment...). "The future isn't female". Lori wants only men to be the leaders because logic/ reason/ women are too emotional...chapter 2, verse 3 in the Book of Lori, you're all familiar. And a lovely lecture about having Jesus take our emotions captive...I'm not sure what that means. And I was "churched" plenty in my life. Still am. (Though, in general, even here in conservative land, mainstream Catholics don't spend a hell of a lot of time, if any, on gender roles in marriage--there was exactly none of that in our marriage prep and doesn't generally dismiss emotions for men or women). We all need to get rid of "negative emotions" to be "women of God" who unconditionally love husbands (not sure we need to love anyone else...she certainly doesn't). This all guarantees a happy marriage and your husband coming home to a wife who loves him as opposed to a working wife, who apparently does not love him. Ran this by Mr. 05, he agrees that it's very clear that I only love him in the summer when I am off work. 

My biggest takeaway is that she is not completely coherent. She struggles for words and her sentence structure is odd. This is a rambling mess repeating her usual hobby horses and tying them together loosely with the notion that not following her rules means no one will marry you. Because, of course, not being married (in a heterosexual marriage) is the greatest tragedy that can befall a female person. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 14

18 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Tab and Slot V.

FIFY.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic