IGNORED

Lori Alexander 79: False Female Bible Teachers Elevate Jesus’ Words over the Apostle Paul’s

Today, Lori comments on school procedures she knows nothing about, oversimplifies behavior issues and makes another wild claim about her brief teaching career. 
The last is the strangest part. A “gang of guys” came in her room once. No other explanation included. Could have been from maintenance. She’s insane. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

I was just reading through her tweets and she mentions that husbands often want their wives to keep working so they have extra money and can live lavish lives. Who is she to make that call? She doesn’t teach men so she shouldn’t be allowed to make that judgement call. She should humbly believe he has well thought out reasons for having his wife work as obviously men are better forward thinkers. I sometimes can’t believe the feminist attitude she has, she’s such a Jezebel.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

23 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Today, Lori comments on school procedures she knows nothing about, oversimplifies behavior issues and makes another wild claim about her brief teaching career. 
The last is the strangest part. A “gang of guys” came in her room once. No other explanation included. Could have been from maintenance. She’s insane. 

Most likely demonic transsexuals looking for the girls’ bathroom, but whatev’s…

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

7 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I was just reading through her tweets and she mentions that husbands often want their wives to keep working so they have extra money and can live lavish lives. Who is she to make that call? She doesn’t teach men so she shouldn’t be allowed to make that judgement call. She should humbly believe he has well thought out reasons for having his wife work as obviously men are better forward thinkers. I sometimes can’t believe the feminist attitude she has, she’s such a Jezebel.

Oh, but it’s true. I work just so we can live with luxuries like food and electricity. I’m sure many women are working for unnecessary stuff like that. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

59 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Oh, but it’s true. I work just so we can live with luxuries like food and electricity. I’m sure many women are working for unnecessary stuff like that. 

Well yes we are supposed to curb our appetite for food and exist off the Holy Spirit and air. Everything should be done by hand like it was in the good old days. 

Edited by Sarah92
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

While being in Door County, Lori has either posted on FB or Twitter about modesty (going in hard on modesty), couples fighting, children slamming doors and impulse eating (posted day after the 4th ?).  It must be a hoot to be on vacation with her.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

On 6/29/2021 at 10:47 PM, fluffy said:

I concur she's in Wisconsin. (California breathes a sigh of relief.)

California definitely breathed easier, but I learned Lori and Ken were visiting with Steven and Emily in NY. 

• Upvote 6

Lori on Twitter today: Women accuse me of being negative. They only want me to encourage and be positive. We must be more concerned with what is true and what is false, what is biblical and what is not biblical. Scripture doesn’t mention being “positive.” Rather, God cares that we are biblically sound.

said from the most negative person I've ever seen/heard.   She never says a kind or encouraging word ever.   It's always don't do this, that is wrong, you are sinning if you don't do XX, you are eating all wrong, you are raising your kids wrong, you are dressing wrong, you watch the wrong shows, you read the wrong books, you are listening to the wrong pastors, you are killing yourself eating that, you are fat,  you are immodest, you despise God's word, you don't love God's ways, you are a jezebel for working, you aren't submissive, you withhold sex, you are sentencing your kids to hell for sending them to school, you don't spank so your kids will be out of control, your dress is too short, your pants are too tight, that bathing suit is wrong, you eat too much, you live in fear, you do not'trust God, and on and on and on...

Even amongst her own kind she must be a drag to be around....

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 15

Women have a duty to “put out” on command, being “contentious” leads to abuse. ?

• WTF 9

9 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Lori on Twitter today: Women accuse me of being negative. They only want me to encourage and be positive. We must be more concerned with what is true and what is false, what is biblical and what is not biblical. Scripture doesn’t mention being “positive.” Rather, God cares that we are biblically sound.

said from the most negative person I've ever seen/heard.   

And she's full of crap about that anyway (as if Lori Alexander knows what God cares about).

The bible mentions joy many, many times.  Even Lori's favorite, Paul, mentions joy many times in his letters, even from prison.   Where does she get Scripture doesn't mention being positive?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Don’t “mother” your husband, Lori and company tell us. Cook food he likes (and nothing else), do his laundry, clean up after him, fulfill his every whim, be aware that he might essentially throw a tantrum if you upset him so avoid that, always remember he has no self control in certain circumstances…basically regard him as an overgrown toddler. But don’t mother him. 

??

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 10

I think someone mentioned that Lori is visiting her son in New York? I wonder if that is the reason her twitter feed is full of screeches about public school and working moms. Maybe Steven and Emily’s oldest child is getting ready to start school. Maybe Emily has decided to get job outside her home. 

• Upvote 9

8 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I think someone mentioned that Lori is visiting her son in New York? I wonder if that is the reason her twitter feed is full of screeches about public school and working moms. Maybe Steven and Emily’s oldest child is getting ready to start school. Maybe Emily has decided to get job outside her home. 

I believe Emily has a law degree but Lori has referred to her as her little Duggar DIL or something nauseating like that.  Something could definitely be afoot though. 

• Upvote 5

She’s bashing therapy and meds. She is her own pity party, and if she can make it, everyone else can too!

She is so awful. 

34801B48-9F9E-4584-9CF9-18B14B6650A5.png

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 8
  • WTF 1

2 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

She’s bashing therapy and meds. She is her own pity party, and if she can make it, everyone else can too!

She is so awful. 

34801B48-9F9E-4584-9CF9-18B14B6650A5.png

I just noticed that Jimmy Snow, formerly known as Dear Mr. Atheist, is once again going to town on her in his YouTube channel.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

While I can’t really judge her mental health I’m going to say that “renewing her mind with truth” did not in fact pull her out of depression or do as much as she claims it did.  Maybe her health issues didn’t impact her as badly as it might others since she had protective factors like social support, wealth, access to treatment, etc but 30 years of suffering would wear on anyone. I do feel like she has blocked her emotions which is why she not only projects so much but also why she vilifies emotions. You don’t have to deal with something you don’t feel. 

Perhaps it’s my therapist side kicking in but I do wonder if this posts gives us a glimpse at some of what she may have experienced (suicidal thoughts and depression) but just doesn’t want to admit to. And it pains me that she could be a much happier person if she allowed herself to get help. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

On 7/10/2021 at 6:30 PM, usmcmom said:

Emily said she will put her children in a public school. But Emily is very conservative herself, so she may have changed her idea. I hope not. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Emily got a job. She has a degree after all and they live in an expensive place. Lori would probably find a way to say it is ok. Of course Alexanders can do whatever they want... They can wear a bikini and drink daiquiris in Los Cabos while grandma is babysitting the children because HER children need vacation but millions of SAHM must wash dishes in cold water or go barefoot to save money.... Uuugggghhh that's Lori.

• Upvote 10

My theories:

A ) She’s in denial about her depression.

B ) She’s one of those very lucky people who simply cannot wrap their minds around the very concept of clinical depression. I have a friend who’s unfailingly cheerful and always doing for others, and she’s confessed to me that she can’t understand depression (although she’s compassionate).

I just finished baking and decorating a really pretty 16th birthday cake for the daughter of a friend, and my kitchen is all cleaned up, and I still feel kind of blah.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 7

15 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I do feel like she has blocked her emotions which is why she not only projects so much but also why she vilifies emotions. You don’t have to deal with something you don’t feel. 

I agree that she seems to have blocked her emotions...she's always saying how not matter what you feel: sad, angry, depressed, overwhelmed --- anything was "joy" you are most likely sinning because you don't trust God enough. This seems to be a theme recently in "Christian" social media lately.

John Piper recently tweeted a quote from someone else that said this (verbatim)    “Worry is a mild form of atheism.”   So essentially if you have emotions, you don't really believe. he took a lot of flack for that including from many pastors and other Christians.  But this is exactly what Lori believes, too, and it is sooo dangerous. 

Since when is this a litmus test of belief.  Yes, my faith helps me with my worry. But when I worry it's not because I don't believe...I worry because I am human. 

• Upvote 5
  • Angry 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

John Piper recently tweeted a quote from someone else that said this (verbatim)    “Worry is a mild form of atheism.”   

Ohhh this made me so mad to read this when I saw it going around Twitter. Like man have I been on the verge of being an atheist several times but anxiety wasn’t the driving force behind that. It’s so insulting to those who struggle on a daily basis with anxiety who desperately have faith in God. It’s shit like this that’s driven me towards atheism. Heck right now I’m a weird sorta Christian Agnostic: I don’t think there’s a ton of proof of God’s existence but I’m choosing to believe anyways because I want to.

I’d like to think that an all knowing God would have a better understanding of his human creation to not judge us when we are struggling. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

19 hours ago, Hane said:

I just noticed that Jimmy Snow, formerly known as Dear Mr. Atheist, is once again going to town on her in his YouTube channel.

A link please -- my google skillz are failing me today. Thanks

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

A link please -- my google skillz are failing me today. Thanks

Here ya go:

• Upvote 3

On 7/7/2021 at 7:01 PM, Sarah92 said:

Well yes we are supposed to curb our appetite for food and exist off the Holy Spirit and air. Everything should be done by hand like it was in the good old days. 

Oh no, no, no, no. I won't do the laundry by hand, no way. I will fight to my last breath for my washer. And if we go the old way, that means natural fibers like cotton and wool, not polyester. They are heavy as fuck when wet. My poor back. And I live in an aparment, my neighbors would be a little bit miffed, if I start raise lifestock in our little backyard. And slaughter them there.

14 hours ago, Hane said:

My theories:

A ) She’s in denial about her depression.

B ) She’s one of those very lucky people who simply cannot wrap their minds around the very concept of clinical depression. I have a friend who’s unfailingly cheerful and always doing for others, and she’s confessed to me that she can’t understand depression (although she’s compassionate).

I just finished baking and decorating a really pretty 16th birthday cake for the daughter of a friend, and my kitchen is all cleaned up, and I still feel kind of blah.

I'm putting my money on B, but different to your friend, Lori seriously lacks compassion. Not only about mental illnesses, but compassion overall for anyone besides herself. She is a spoiled upper middle class housewife without the ability to think that not everyone lives her financial carefree life. And she loves to stir up shit. We only see what she puts on the internet, but my guess is, she loves it at home, too and enjoy the outcome. I took a Lori break, because this woman is so vile.

10 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Ohhh this made me so mad to read this when I saw it going around Twitter. Like man have I been on the verge of being an atheist several times but anxiety wasn’t the driving force behind that. It’s so insulting to those who struggle on a daily basis with anxiety who desperately have faith in God. It’s shit like this that’s driven me towards atheism. Heck right now I’m a weird sorta Christian Agnostic: I don’t think there’s a ton of proof of God’s existence but I’m choosing to believe anyways because I want to.

I’d like to think that an all knowing God would have a better understanding of his human creation to not judge us when we are struggling. 

I'm a lifelong atheist and I have anxiety, esp social anxiety. Thanks to therapy my anxiety is way better and I know why I have it. It's not my lack of christianity. But if I would listening to these men telling me my anxiety is a lack of faith in god, it would have made my anxiety worse, because I couldn't pray it away. When I read about our fundies here and how they say everything bad happended to a person it's their fault for a lack of faith and prayer, I'm so repulsed. Their verson of christianity sounds so cruel and demanding. But then read the replies of the christian FJs here and their version sounds so compassionate, open and accepting and I wonder how the same religious roots creates so different ideas of the same religion, simply put.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Lori and depression is like my husband and high blood pressure…she doesn’t suffer from it.  She’s the cause. 

Edited by HoneyBunny
  • Upvote 6

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic