IGNORED

Lori Alexander 79: False Female Bible Teachers Elevate Jesus’ Words over the Apostle Paul’s

No wonder LazyLori believes the My Pillow Guy and maintains Trump is still president. With this lack of logical reasoning skills, she’s lucky she can even function in the world. 

C4D483CD-175F-488B-904F-16EEF099D533.jpeg

• Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 4

Lori honestly thinks that women wouldn't be preachers if it weren't for Satan's microphones? Seriously? She should have heard my high school French teacher, whose voice could be heard through the classroom walls. She was always asked to tone it down. 

• Upvote 8

I’ve given several long speeches before with no microphones and have been perfectly fine.  I also know many women who have voices that seem like they could carry for miles. I don’t think Lori is aware that many pastors probably practice projecting their voices. I mean has she ever seen television preachers? The way they use their voice and enunciate their words isn’t always natural. But are these the things she thinks about? 

Women preachers also existed before microphones. They were missionaries as well. She lets her lack of education show a little too well. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I’ve given several long speeches before with no microphones and have been perfectly fine.  I also know many women who have voices that seem like they could carry for miles. I don’t think Lori is aware that many pastors probably practice projecting their voices. I mean has she ever seen television preachers? The way they use their voice and enunciate their words isn’t always natural. But are these the things she thinks about? 

Women preachers also existed before microphones. They were missionaries as well. She lets her lack of education show a little too well. 

I used to coach HS speech and drama. People of both sexes can learn how to project.  

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

They were missionaries as well. She lets her lack of education show a little too well. 

She has a college degree - you can't blame it on education, though she tries to pretend she learned nothing.  She simply chooses to be an ass and denigrate women because she hates them.   She can blame God all she wants, but I'm not buying it.  She is a mysogonist of the worst kind.  She is like JRod - my way or the highway.  Or the hell way.   

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

She has a college degree - you can't blame it on education, though she tries to pretend she learned nothing.  She simply chooses to be an ass and denigrate women because she hates them.   She can blame God all she wants, but I'm not buying it.  She is a mysogonist of the worst kind.  She is like JRod - my way or the highway.  Or the hell way.   

Haha I should have been more specific. I meant lack of knowledge/learning rather than education, my bad. I think she lacks a true thirst for learning which is ironic given her whole “teaching” thing. When people have a thirst for knowledge they engage in hard topics and really think about them. Her reading of scripture and teaching of it is very surface level. Same with her ability to use peer reviewed articles or do real research.  But whatever her reasons or methods I feel like it’s mostly selfish. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Haha I should have been more specific. I meant lack of knowledge/learning rather than education, my bad. I think she lacks a true thirst for learning which is ironic given her whole “teaching” thing. When people have a thirst for knowledge they engage in hard topics and really think about them. Her reading of scripture and teaching of it is very surface level. Same with her ability to use peer reviewed articles or do real research.  But whatever her reasons or methods I feel like it’s mostly selfish. 

To Loti, is no learning to be done outside of scripture.

• Upvote 3

On 6/24/2021 at 6:09 PM, louisa05 said:

A lecture on not being "contentious" follows this because so many poor men in her imagination are spending their lives "walking on eggshells

Thank for recap. I watched it too and much of the same reactions you did.    This phrase in particular "walking on eggshells" is straight up language from Ken.  He uses it many times describing his marriage to Lori before she "transformed."  He uses that exact language in her first book. He has used it online.  So because Ken was 'walking" on eggshells because Lori was harsh, EVERY woman must be the same.    News flash....everyone is NOT like you Lori.  

I also wanted to comment on the canning and sewing.   I do both. And have had a full time job my entire married life. and have raised  /am raising three children (27, 25 and 16). I make every meal from "scratch" like Lori like to say. I also have a small sewing business on the side. and a HUGE garden. 

Also all the things she rails against are things we know at least one of her daughters (Alyssa does) -- expensive make up,, shopping, not "botox" but acupuncture for wrinkles, fake eye lashes, vacations, etc.  

But like you @louisa05 the biggest take away for me too was how unwell she looked. For a while there she was looking better (2 years ago or so she was looking especially disheveled, etc. This was during the time she talked about not needing to shower and how she didn't "smell" etc.   I know she recently (over the winter) completed another round of treatments for her brain tumor. Anyone know if she has she said if those treatments were successful?

• Upvote 5

@SongRed7 I can mend. Sewing  beyond that never clicked for me even though I was taught. I do raise a big garden since we bought our house and have the space. I can tomatoes and pickles. I freeze salsa and pasta sauce and dry herbs as well. All from our own produce. And most of that is a fall project when I’m already back at work.   And almost everything we eat is made from scratch whether I’m full time, part time or off in summer. I also bake all the time. 
As I type this I’m eating leftover cinnamon French toast made from scratch for Sunday morning breakfast. Does Ken get salad for breakfast??

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

39 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Does Ken get salad for breakfast??

I'd bet a $1 million Ken makes his own breakfast ... and... lunch ... and probably dinner.

Let's face  -- it Lori can't cook.  Every picture she posts of food she made looks revolting and disgusting -- slimy salads, salmonella dressing, watery soup, and rock hard looking sourdough bread.

If you're going to make vegetable soup, make it full of all kinds of veg in a savory broth. The picture should make you want to eat it -- Not pour it down the drain.

A fresh salad should never be slimy. It supposed to be eaten that day -- not saved for a week.

Lori is not a keeper at home.  Never was. Never will be.  Lori is a lazy liar who lies.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

36 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I'd bet a $1 million Ken makes his own breakfast ... and... lunch ... and probably dinner.

Let's face  -- it Lori can't cook. 

Agreed..."making big salads" is NOT cooking. It's preparing.  In her IG stories last week I think she had a couple pics of big bowls/bag of salad she "made"   I'm sorry but cutting up lettuce and a few toppings is not hard. She acts like she just cooked Thanksgiving dinner for days. You cut up lettuce, Lori.  Not much skill involved. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 6/26/2021 at 6:05 PM, freealljs said:

Lori honestly thinks that women wouldn't be preachers if it weren't for Satan's microphones? Seriously? She should have heard my high school French teacher, whose voice could be heard through the classroom walls. She was always asked to tone it down. 

I’m frankly surprised that she didn’t throw in “microphones were made by MEN!”

Edited by smittykins
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

Old though I am, I wasn't there in person, but I've read that Jonathan Edwards, the legendary preacher of Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God, gave his scary multi-hour sermons in a near whisper and people were riveted. I learned to use the same trick as a high school teacher -- I do know how to project my voice, but it often worked better to lower it and make them strain a little to hear you.

My husband, also a retired teacher, has a naturally loud, deep voice, and I admit that he can grab  the attention of a room more easily than I can. But holding it takes more than just volume and he knows that.

I should by now be used to the total disconnect between what Lori preaches and what she does. But every now and then it just amazes me. I do so many more Godly Home Chores than she does though I'm a decade older and don't believe in God. I raise a bunch of our own vegetables, herbs and fruit, cook from scratch, bake our bread (donating half a dozen high-protein sandwich loaves a month to the food bank), am nice to my husband, help out my kids and grandkids... I also take naps and play with the dog and read a lot. She makes it sound so hard to live a useful life, and I just don't see it.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

I should by now be used to the total disconnect between what Lori preaches and what she does. But every now and then it just amazes me. I do so many more Godly Home Chores than she does though I'm a decade older and don't believe in God. I raise a bunch of our own vegetables, herbs and fruit, cook from scratch, bake our bread (donating half a dozen high-protein sandwich loaves a month to the food bank), am nice to my husband, help out my kids and grandkids... I also take naps and play with the dog and read a lot. She makes it sound so hard to live a useful life, and I just don't see it.

She makes everything seem like a chore that we MUST do, because…well, not Jesus, rather Paul, I guess. One minute, life is supposed to be hard!!! Then, most of the time, we women are far too weak to be able to handle being wives, mothers and work outside the house. But isn’t life supposed to be hard? Well, yes, but LazyLori couldn’t handle working outside the house as a mom, so no other woman can, either. 

Life is supposed to hard!!!  But if you beat your children, then raising them is so much easier. Wait…isn’t life supposed to be hard? Just don’t beat your children when you’re angry. That’s wrong.  But LazyLori beat her children when she was angry.  Because they made her angry!

See, women are just too emotional. Yet women must learn to love their spouses and children. Wait, isn’t love an emotion?  Don’t we already have too much of that?  No, because LazyLori isn’t emotional, or demonstrative, so all women must need a GOW to instruct them in how to love. 

Children are a blessing in your old age! But not when you’re dying.  When you’re dying, you’re apparently on your own. Support your husband, unless he is really sick in the hospital. Then just sit by the lake and continue to preach to women over the internet.  

Don’t be legalistic!!  Also, don’t ever follow the news, vote, drive, eat any junk food, overeat, listen to modern Christian music, use toxic cleaners, waste your husband’s money, buy butter that costs less than $14 a pound…in other words, live exactly as LazyLori does. ‘Cause she has the inside track to heaven. 

I agree, older than allosaurs. I do more around the house in any given day then LazyLori does in a month. And, even better, I don’t claim my way is the only, let alone the best way. But I’m certain she’s convinced that people like me will burn in hell. That’s okay.  I’m equally convinced it will be the other way around. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

So because I’m a dork ( I live alone and had nothing else better to do) I timed myself putting together dinner. It took about 14 minutes and it only took that long because I didn’t have things like spices planned out or how I wanted to cook it. And I used Lori approved ingredients. Organic chicken and farmers market zucchini and asparagus. Now I know it’s harder when you don’t live alone and I’ve definitely made meals that took an hour because I was being extra fancy. However, it’s not hours and hours of work anymore like she wants to pretend. 

I’ve noticed in my field that when in a crisis a soft soothing voice tends to calm people down and build connections. It’s when loud people come in that the crisis tends to escalate. But really it’s not a pissing contest about who’s the loudest. 

• Upvote 10

11 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

So because I’m a dork ( I live alone and had nothing else better to do) I timed myself putting together dinner. It took about 14 minutes and it only took that long because I didn’t have things like spices planned out or how I wanted to cook it. And I used Lori approved ingredients. Organic chicken and farmers market zucchini and asparagus. Now I know it’s harder when you don’t live alone and I’ve definitely made meals that took an hour because I was being extra fancy. However, it’s not hours and hours of work anymore like she wants to pretend. 

I’ve noticed in my field that when in a crisis a soft soothing voice tends to calm people down and build connections. It’s when loud people come in that the crisis tends to escalate. But really it’s not a pissing contest about who’s the loudest. 

Our dinner took over an hour last night. But 45 minutes of that was baking, so I was doing other things. 
I typically spend about 20-30 minutes. When I cooked for 4-5 all summer years ago (caring for nephew at my parents’ house in summers—brother was there for dinner depending on his schedule) it was 30-40 most of the time.  Closer to 40 when nephew was a toddler underfoot. 
If it’s “hours and hours”, it’s in the crockpot and doesn’t require anything of you. 

• Upvote 6

I think Lori is now in Door County or on her way. In her IG stories she posted a picture of the cover of the airline magazine and was outraged there is a gay couple on the cover. 

Oh boy...gonna be a long, hot summer. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4

The thing that makes me laugh about Lori (well, one of the things) is that she is so disconnected from reality. I have small sample size to refer to, but let me tell you about my female friends who are 25-30 years old. 

They are pretty particular about interior design and cleaning the house. They do laundry often and carefully to preserve their nice clothes (or keep the cheap ones from falling apart). They try to cook often and cook healthy recipes. They are in long-term relationships, engaged, or married. Some are still dating, but dating to find "the one." They want kids and look forward to being married, or already are starting a family. They enjoy plants and gardening and other "domestic arts" like crocheting, knitting, crafts, etc. They have long hair that they care for and keep up their appearances. They consider being a stay at home mom a full-time job. They don't speak ill or gossip about the men in their lives. In fact, they like to do kind things, surprises, and "hype up" their men. They budget carefully and spend responsibly. TMI, but everyone has or is working on a healthy, active sex life (however they define it). 

100% of these women refer to themselves as feminists. They have gone to college and have jobs. Yet they do the things Lori considers markers of a Christian homemaker. Her harping on these fictional feminists she invents in her mind is so ridiculous. Outward appearances aren't what she thinks. Honestly if she saw me, dolled up with my young daughter and husband, being a stay at home mom who loves chores, she'd probably use me as a shining example. Little does she know about my political beliefs, education, atheism, etc. Her parameters are so shallow. Do x, y, z and you're a good Christian woman. What about the theology of belief in Jesus? She pigeonholes women into ACTIONS that make them a good Christian, and ignores the rest of the Bible. Which is funny, because she believes in once saved, always saved, and thinks the Catholic belief of doing actions for salvation is wrong. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 5

10 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I think Lori is now in Door County or on her way. In her IG stories she posted a picture of the cover of the airline magazine and was outraged there is a gay couple on the cover. 

I concur she's in Wisconsin. (California breathes a sigh of relief.)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

Feeling pedantic tight now

From this yesterday's exhortation about FLEEING!!!!! harlots:

"Harlots are those who are subtil of heart."

Lori, Lori, Lori  . . . "subtil" is not an everyday word people use. The everyday word is subtle.  Subtle.  Look it up.

And yes I know the KJV uses subtil, to mean "subtle" but I doubt your leghumpers know that. I doubt they know how "subtil" is generally spelled.

Heck I doubt you know it. I mean ... you're always saying you learned nothing in school.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

Also commenting on Lori's "Flee Harlots" post....

I had to laugh (so I wouldn't cry... or rare)...according to Lori here is another way you can ID a harlot (bolding mine)

"She never wants to be home where she belongs. She’s out and about. She goes to the bars, gets drunk, and fornicates with men freely. She has a career and entices men in her workplace. She is flirty and acts innocent but on the inside, she is dark and wicked."

Once again proving Lori's impression of working women is straight from fiction  or The Bachelor/Bachelorette  -- not reality.   I have worked in professional offices since I was 22 (I'm not 57)...I can't think of ONE woman who this fits. Most of us slave away in cubicles until its time to go home. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Also commenting on Lori's "Flee Harlots" post....

I had to laugh (so I wouldn't cry... or rare)...according to Lori here is another way you can ID a harlot (bolding mine)

"She never wants to be home where she belongs. She’s out and about. She goes to the bars, gets drunk, and fornicates with men freely. She has a career and entices men in her workplace. She is flirty and acts innocent but on the inside, she is dark and wicked."

Once again proving Lori's impression of working women is straight from fiction  or The Bachelor/Bachelorette  -- not reality.   I have worked in professional offices since I was 22 (I'm not 57)...I can't think of ONE woman who this fits. Most of us slave away in cubicles until its time to go home. 

And she says she doesn't read women's fiction or watch TV. Caught you in yet more lies, Lori. Now who's the dark and wicked one? :my_dodgy:

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Lori is posting up a storm about modesty and ?.  Either Ken is being defrauded left and right in Door County or Alyssa is looking fab in a bikini.

Psst Lori-The modesty verse is about glorifying God, not keeping men from sinning.

Edited by Fallgirl30
Adding info
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I wonder if Lori has one of those spinning circles with different categories on it.

When she can’t think of what to harangue people about she spins it , uses that category and then trots out whatever dark thoughts she has about women and spews her garbage. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

16 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

I wonder if Lori has one of those spinning circles with different categories on it.

When she can’t think of what to harangue people about she spins it , uses that category and then trots out whatever dark thoughts she has about women and spews her garbage. 

Pretty sure she uses one of these.

”Ken, pick a color….”

B77355A6-50C4-4E9B-A1D9-2294E699D06A.jpeg

• Haha 12
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic