IGNORED

Lori Alexander 79: False Female Bible Teachers Elevate Jesus’ Words over the Apostle Paul’s

Continued from here:

• Upvote 2

So I had to look up a reticule lol it’s a bag. Flicka dear, you need to add a little bit of spice to this story. How about pulled a revolver out of your reticule. That would fit in very well with the conservative gun crowd. No bank robber is going to scared of a lady with her purse. But truly, to make this a good western novella, one of your five daughters must fall in love with one of the handsome train robbers. And then she can tell him about Jesus or something. 

Also Flicka, your quote about Daddy being the first example of what type of man to enjoy is weird. 

Edited by Sarah92
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

So I had to look up a reticule

I looked it up after seeing Sweeney Todd in 1979, or I wouldn't have known either!

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

So I had to look up a reticule lol it’s a bag.

Thank you! I didn't know either but was too lazy to look it up.  I guessed it was an umbrella or parasol....but I was wrong.   It would have worked in Flicka's story however.   lol

• Upvote 4

I also had to look it up. I thought she was being poetic about the grid on her telescope or something weird (TBF, an old fashioned brass telescope would make a pretty good weapon).  If she's going to use a handbag, surely something more like Margaret Thatcher's would be more suitable? Though, I suppose, if she put a rock in her reticule, it would be a nice feminine way to sock someone too, and also good for knocking off ten gallon hats...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

I always think of Hermione's little handbag in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when I hear the word reticule.?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

The bitch made it to Tiktok y'all!! 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMesGjTQV/

I’m wondering when companies will start offering her brand deals now that she’s so famous. I wonder what she’d promote? Diet teas? Modest swimwear? Probably essential oils. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

IMHO, Flicka Johnson is a troll. Separate out the first name thus Flick a and  add Johnson (in the Urban Dictionary sense of the word) and I spy a troll. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I’m wondering when companies will start offering her brand deals now that she’s so famous. I wonder what she’d promote? Diet teas? Modest swimwear? Probably essential oils. 

Organic butter. Einkorn flour. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Geritol? Hair conditioner? Anti-aging cream? Hair dye?

Just now, Cults-r-us said:

Sardines?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Sardines?

Bible markers? Non-red letter versions of the KJV Bible ?(after all, who needs to know what Jesus said?)

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, Celtic Roots said:

Bible markers? Non-red letter versions of the KJV Bible ?(after all, who needs to know what Jesus said?)

Lube as in "10 minutes abd some lube" for the joyfully available.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

On 5/14/2021 at 9:15 PM, Sarah92 said:

So I had to look up a reticule lol it’s a bag.

For some reason, "reticule" reminds me of a crocheted bag or a net bag or maybe a bag with a clasp to close it. 

• Upvote 5

Lori's latest post about Jesus vs Paul is just bizarre. Paul was a preacher who preached about Jesus. Full time. That's what he did. It might be the fact that Lori elevates a half dozen proof texts over the rest of Paul's work that has her missing the point. Jesus, and only Jesus, is Paul's main point: 100% of the time.

It is, in fact, not true that Paul wrote more 'commands concerning women in the churches' than were recorded from Jesus in the gospel texts... all of Jesus' commands concern women in the churches. Jesus' commands "concern" all of his followers. That's why it's called 'following Jesus'. Paul is just an expert at finding the specific ways that Jesus' commands applied in the situations where he found himself involved.

I love how she simultaneously accuses "false female" teachers of ignoring Paul *and* dealing with his writing too deeply.

When Peter wrote about some rogue preachers misunderstanding or distorting Paul's teachings... it's because there were some preachers that Peter knew that were doing that. He didn't write it in a psychic trance as a message to future feminists!

Female preachers, on Mother's Day or otherwise, don't need the "excuse that they are under the male leadership of the church" -- Lori's right. That's dumb. They should preach from a place of wisdom, calling, and faithfulness to God. No men necessary.

As to Lori's actual flaws:

1. God actually *doesn’t* command that women learn in silence in the churches with all submission -- Paul instructs the churches (actually just one church) to make it fully possible for women (who were of low social position and generally excluded) to learn and be elevated. He does remind people that learning involves behaving respectfully because the situation was tense.

2. He also *doesn't* command that women are to submit to their husband’s leadership. He reminds people (of all genders) of the Christian calling to embrace humility and elevate others above the self. This submission is two-way and it does not involve  following someone's leadership. It's just a Christian principle of interpersonal ethics. It applies to married people just like it applies to everybody else.

3. God *does not* give us the reasons for men to be in leadership positions. He gives reasons for churches to make it fully possible for women to learn and be elevated... because a lack of education makes it easier to become confused, be deceived, or to make mistakes like Eve did. Paul didn't want that for the women he was writing about, so he gave a plan for avoiding it: education.

Lori does not understand the content of scripture or the commands of God. She just makes things up based on substandard reading comprehension, then runs around looking for a fight. It is she who thinks she is "wiser than God" and teaches anyone who will listen that "God is not good" to women or to anyone.

Women are not "new and improved" -- Paul envisioned a path to church leadership for women in the first century. If only we had been following his instructions all this time!

4. The finale proof text this time equates a woman giving a Mother's day sermon with the gospel destroyers of Peter's time, raining condemnation from her high horse down on humble preachers serving her Lord. Nice. Judge much?

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, Celtic Roots said:

IMHO, Flicka Johnson is a troll.

Believe it or not, she's not. Know her daughter and family. She's an eccentric often funny lady. She's trying to be funny but it's blended with a lot of delusion and patriarchal garbage. I don't think Lori knows how to react to her, which I find hilarious. She is nutty but so is Lori. Both have bizarre ideas about what the modern world is like.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

Lube as in "10 minutes abd some lube" for the joyfully available.

Omgosh she’s can have an Adam and Eve sponsorship like half the YouTuberS I see. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

13 hours ago, fluffy said:

Believe it or not, she's not. Know her daughter and family. She's an eccentric often funny lady. She's trying to be funny but it's blended with a lot of delusion and patriarchal garbage. I don't think Lori knows how to react to her, which I find hilarious. She is nutty but so is Lori. Both have bizarre ideas about what the modern world is like.

Well, I stand corrected. And now everyone knows how my mind works! However, if that were my real first name or a nickname, I'd sure consider changing it.

• Upvote 5

I suspect that Flicka lives in a world where she has no idea of the slang use of “Johnson”. Pretty sure my mother would not. 

On a different note, if you want to know how Christianity got to the place where it created Lori, read Beth Allison   Barr’s The Making Of Biblical Womanhood: How the Subjugation of Women Became Biblical Truth.  
And as I posted while I was reading it, Lori got a mention. She clearly hasn’t discovered that yet or we’d have been treated to an anti-feminist anti-historian screed by now. 

• Upvote 6

37 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I have no words. This is the most disgusting piece of garbage ever. I'm sure Lori loves this.

https://biblicalsexology.com/2021/05/16/10-rules-of-sex-for-wives/

That was 100% written by Larry Solomon.  That’s his writing style and he’s touched on some of the specific topics such as "body modification" specifically breast implants.  Same forceful domineering language.  No way was it written by someone’s wife.  What an ass.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Does anybody know what scripture these people use to prove that “men are visual creatures”. They all seem to say this as an excuse to shame women.  I was taught this as a young wife and I never knew where it came from because, of course, nobody ever bothered with details like that. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Pammy said:

a lack of education makes it easier to become confused, be deceived, or to make mistakes like Eve did. Paul didn't want that for the women he was writing about, so he gave a plan for avoiding it: education.

BIngo. I think a lack of education (or under education, and also the demeaning of education) is a huge, huge problem right now at least in the US. The children are running the school, despite being outnumbered by the teachers.

Lori, of course, was treated to decent schools and went to college to prepare for a career in... yep. Education. Unfortunately Lazy Lori is Lazy, and apparently has always been, because she says she learned nothing in college and has proven over and over that she actively rejects any kind of learning (despite the former name of her blog) unless it fits her very specific wants exactly. 

I think that's one of the many worst things about Lori - she's actively, willfully, deliberately ignorant. And she endorses the same for other women. 

Plus she's a vile, sex-obsessed, disgusting, potentially psychopathic mess of hatefulness. 

• Upvote 13

22 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

BIngo. I think a lack of education (or under education, and also the demeaning of education) is a huge, huge problem right now at least in the US. The children are running the school, despite being outnumbered by the teachers.

Lori, of course, was treated to decent schools and went to college to prepare for a career in... yep. Education. Unfortunately Lazy Lori is Lazy, and apparently has always been, because she says she learned nothing in college and has proven over and over that she actively rejects any kind of learning (despite the former name of her blog) unless it fits her very specific wants exactly. 

I think that's one of the many worst things about Lori - she's actively, willfully, deliberately ignorant. And she endorses the same for other women. 

Plus she's a vile, sex-obsessed, disgusting, potentially psychopathic mess of hatefulness. 

Where in this country do teachers outnumber students??? What are you smoking to think that’s true? 
The problem in our schools is that curriculum isn’t made by educators and data is more important than learning. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic