IGNORED

Dillards 89: I'd Watch a Netflix Xpecial and so Would My Mom

HerNameIsBuffy

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess it makes sense they would be friends with the Roloffs. We know the Roloffs are christian. They aren’t fundie but they are Christian. And they both grew up on TLC. So they have some stuff in common. 

Aren’t the Vuolos friends with Jeremy Roloff and his wife? Looks like the Duggars are choosing sides in the Roloff family feud. I don’t watch their show so I only know what I read on the internet. Supposedly both of the twin brothers would like to take over the family farm, but not together.

• Haha 5

50 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Aren’t the Vuolos friends with Jeremy Roloff and his wife? Looks like the Duggars are choosing sides in the Roloff family feud. I don’t watch their show so I only know what I read on the internet. Supposedly both of the twin brothers would like to take over the family farm, but not together.

It’s crazy that twins would fight so much. But they are totally different in personality. Jill picked the better Roloff twin. Of course Jeremy would like the pompous Roloff twin. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

17 hours ago, JDuggs said:

The Dillards were also hanging out with Jeremy and Audrey (Audrey’s instastories). They’re choosing both sides.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

The Dillards were also hanging out with Jeremy and Audrey (Audrey’s instastories). They’re choosing both sides.

Boooooo. Jeremy and Audrey are the worst. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jesquire said:

Do we know if Derick sat for the bar exam?

I don't think so, and if he did sit the July exam it seems unlikely they'll say anything until/unless he receives notification that he passed when the results come out in early September. Putting out there that he sat for it when there's a possibility that he failed this attempt (which isn't all that unusual) doesn't make much sense for them since they like to talk about successes not failures. 

Frankly, if it were ME sitting the bar exam I wouldn't say anything until I knew I'd passed either. No point in jinxing it!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 16
  • Thank You 1

I don't follow Jill or Derrick often but today I checked out their instagram. There are no recent pictures of Jill where she does not have something or someone obscuring her belly region. Did I miss a pregnancy announcement? 

• Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 2

2 hours ago, metheglyn said:

I don't think so, and if he did sit the July exam it seems unlikely they'll say anything until/unless he receives notification that he passed when the results come out in early September. Putting out there that he sat for it when there's a possibility that he failed this attempt (which isn't all that unusual) doesn't make much sense for them since they like to talk about successes not failures. 

Frankly, if it were ME sitting the bar exam I wouldn't say anything until I knew I'd passed either. No point in jinxing it!

I would do the same. Taking the bar is a time-consuming and stressful process. While I don’t foresee Derrick failing, it’s always a possibility. He probably doesn’t want to discuss it on social media (with the ensuing gazillion daily inquiries asking if he passed) until after it’s a done deal. I expect he’s currently enjoying some down time before he’s sworn in. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

37 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I don't follow Jill or Derrick often but today I checked out their instagram. There are no recent pictures of Jill where she does not have something or someone obscuring her belly region. Did I miss a pregnancy announcement? 

I don't get it... I mean, if there had been a pregnancy announcement there would be no reason to hide her belly.

She has posted a lot of pictures from their trip to Oregon and she doesn't look pregnant in any of them. There are many photos were she's not covering her belly. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, browngrl said:

Maybe she has something in front of her belly so people won’t scrutinize it and speculate on pregnancies. Must be stressful having strangers looking at your midsection. I get that. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Maybe she has something in front of her belly so people won’t scrutinize it and speculate on pregnancies. Must be stressful having strangers looking at your midsection. I get that. 

Maybe it's based on how self-conscious she feels about her body on any given day? Depending on what she's wearing, if she feels bloated that day, anything like that, it's not unreasonable that she might want to cover up. Like, you know, a lot of non-fundie/non-conservative women do sometimes. Heck, maybe she just happens to be holding something or can't think of a better way to hold something she's showing off. I wouldn't put much stock in it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 8/18/2021 at 3:50 PM, browngrl said:

It’s mostly Sam standing in front of her.  As young kids do. 🙄

• Upvote 11

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's something she's not even thinking of. I doubt for photos Jill is trying to find ways to cover her mid-section. I think perhaps people are reading too far into it. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, viii said:

Maybe it's something she's not even thinking of. I doubt for photos Jill is trying to find ways to cover her mid-section. I think perhaps people are reading too far into it. 

I used to have a lot of insecurity about my belly fat and even subconsciously would always try to cover it because I was so uncomfortable with my body. Even today as I've made a lot of progress with being comfortable with my body, no matter how hot I am, I cannot sleep at night without covers over my midsection. I'll have my feet/legs sticking out but I will not be able to at least fall asleep without a sheet over my torso. I also wouldn't read too much into it.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

11 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I used to have a lot of insecurity about my belly fat and even subconsciously would always try to cover it because I was so uncomfortable with my body. Even today as I've made a lot of progress with being comfortable with my body, no matter how hot I am, I cannot sleep at night without covers over my midsection. I'll have my feet/legs sticking out but I will not be able to at least fall asleep without a sheet over my torso. I also wouldn't read too much into it.

Yea, for photos I am always positioning my belly fat behind objects or people. I TRY not to be so self conscious about it, but it is what it is. When I was younger I was constantly asked “how far along are you” no matter my weight. I’ve always carried any extra in my belly, even when thin, and c-sections didn’t help.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5

5 hours ago, viii said:

Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I kind of get the feeling Jill is far enough removed from the cult to realize there's more to life than how quickly/how many times she gets pregnant, so I'd like to think she'd be less coy and a little more realistic about it if she were to get pregnant again. Her self worth seems to be defined by something a little more than just her uterus these days, and she's always been one to announce as soon as the pee stick dries anyway. 

• Upvote 6

I didn't even know there was a Roloff family feud... I was like oh nice hanging out with each other in Oregon. I honestly REALLY like how Jill spaced out her posting about the trip, clearly enjoying her time not constantly updating her instagram with the most current things like many in social media with a bigger following tend to do.

• Upvote 9

I went and looked at my own Instagram and I haven't posted a picture showing my stomach in at least a year. I'm not pregnant or self conscious...I just only post photos of my kids, the garden or selfies 😂

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Dillweed either didn't take the bar or didn't pass.  AR results are out and his name wasn't found on the list according to reddit.  He said he was taking it so if his name isn't on the list, his next try is February.  There were people who thought he wasn't taking it seriously enough.  

ETA:  I'm only seeing Feb 2021 results on the AR Bar page.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Dillweed either didn't take the bar or didn't pass.  AR results are out and his name wasn't found on the list according to reddit.  He said he was taking it so if his name isn't on the list, his next try is February.  There were people who thought he wasn't taking it seriously enough.  

ETA:  I'm only seeing Feb 2021 results on the AR Bar page.  

Reddit has a link to the press release with the Jul 2021 results, and Dillwank's name wasn't on it.  Can't say I'm surprised.

49 minutes ago, viii said:

https://people.com/tv/duggar-family-not-as-close-as-they-once-were-amid-josh-legal-drama-source/

Interesting article from People Mag. It rehashes a lot what we already know (Jinger moving to LA, the family drifting apart, Josh’s crimes) but it mentioned Jill has not seen her parents in two years. Did we know this? 

It's not quite right. She has seen her mother, there have been different pictures posted on instagram by her sisters where both are there.  Her father, I do believe she hasn't seen or been seen with in at least 2 years.

Per Fundiewatch below and remembering back, yes, they have been at weddings together. However, it wouldn't shock me if Jill, Derrick & JB didn't talk.

Edited by Smoochie
  • Upvote 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic