IGNORED

Dillards 89: I'd Watch a Netflix Xpecial and so Would My Mom

HerNameIsBuffy

@MaryOrMarthathe slight difference though is that Kelly has a college degree I believe in education so she would have a better idea on teaching than Michelle plus Gil and her wanted their kids to be a lot more self sufficient compared to the Duggars. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Michaela Keilen is now a nurse, so perhaps SOTDRT isn't a dis qualifier.

Although the original poster wanted Jill to be an RN, while Michael is a LPN. An LPN is also what Abbie Duggar is, and there's nothing wrong with LPN vs RN. Michael as far as we know isn't working as nurse anywhere. She could have a nursing job, but she hasn't said she's working anywhere and so far internet sleuths haven't found anything either.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Although the original poster wanted Jill to be an RN, while Michael is a LPN. An LPN is also what Abbie Duggar is, and there's nothing wrong with LPN vs RN. Michael as far as we know isn't working as nurse anywhere. She could have a nursing job, but she hasn't said she's working anywhere and so far internet sleuths haven't found anything either.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s being very picky as to where she wants to work. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Gotcha! I always thought Michaela must have become an RN due to how happy some posters were.

Is becoming an RN more frowned upon for fundies, seeing as they lean towards being lay midwives and LPNs?

• Upvote 1

I think she may have said she might consider going on to get her RN but that might have just been poster speculation on the Bates page. LPN is probably fast and easier to get which makes it more appealing.

• Thank You 3

Not LVN vs RN, but I have heard that some fundies poo-poo moms working as nurses, because nurses work for someone else and can not control their own schedules. So business owner and hair dresser good, nurses not good. 😆

• Upvote 2

On a purely practical note, i left my job in the healthcare field after my second child, because shift work with kids is really hard.  You aren’t working just while they’re in school, you feel like you are working all the time, especially in nursing.  Around here shifts are 12 hours and every other weekend. 
It’s entirely possible Jill is enjoying the freedom she has with the kids getting bigger and just wants to focus on therapy and her family/herself right now.  

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Not LVN vs RN, but I have heard that some fundies poo-poo moms working as nurses, because nurses work for someone else and can not control their own schedules. So business owner and hair dresser good, nurses not good. 😆

Ugh. How pro life of them. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic