IGNORED

Dillards 89: I'd Watch a Netflix Xpecial and so Would My Mom

HerNameIsBuffy

I would speculate that the number one reason that Derick and Jill got the vaccine was to offer some extra protection of passing on covid to Derick’s mom (and to their boys too.) Arkansas is on the verge of becoming or already is a current covid hotspot. If Derick is taking the bar soon, this would be a very inopportune time to have covid.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5

11 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I love how in the US there are all these things to motivate people to get vaccinated.

I guess here the biggest motivation is being able to travel abroad ?

Yes and to stop these fn lockdowns that are crippling businesses 

• Upvote 7

I’m jealous of all your stickers and lollies and ice creams and lotteries, but mostly of your vaccines :(

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 33

In Jill's IG story about Sam's birthday, James shows up in a fire truck to take them to lunch; Jana is riding along. I have so many questions.

Is James a firefighter? Or do the Duggars just randomly own a fire truck? There's a department name on the door but I can't read it. I've heard of fire trucks driving by to say hi to birthday kids (especially during COVID) but is it normal to be able to just take the truck and drive your family around? Does (20-year-old adult) James need a chaperone to visit Jill, or did Jana come because she wanted to hang out with Jill or see her nephews? It does seem like James has stayed reasonably close to Jill, which is a positive. Hopefully she can have a good influence on him. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

In Jill's IG story about Sam's birthday, James shows up in a fire truck to take them to lunch; Jana is riding along. I have so many questions.

Is James a firefighter? Or do the Duggars just randomly own a fire truck? There's a department name on the door but I can't read it. I've heard of fire trucks driving by to say hi to birthday kids (especially during COVID) but is it normal to be able to just take the truck and drive your family around? Does (20-year-old adult) James need a chaperone to visit Jill, or did Jana come because she wanted to hang out with Jill or see her nephews? It does seem like James has stayed reasonably close to Jill, which is a positive. Hopefully she can have a good influence on him. 

It looks pretty old so I wonder if they got it at auction just for fun or to do some kind of business with it or try to start their own fire department ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grace said:

It looks pretty old so I wonder if they got it at auction just for fun or to do some kind of business with it or try to start their own fire department ?

It could be handy if they do controlled burns on their land, or just to make sure that fireworks or explosive gender reveals don’t get out of control.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 2

Jill said in an Instagram comment response that he got it for “clearing land and burning brush”. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 14

I have to say, Sam’s birthday looked freakin awesome. I want that day, this year for my 43rd birthday! I’ll swap duggar James out for a real and hot fireman though and I’ll add booze. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Firefighter‘s wife and daughter here—it’s pretty easy and cheap to buy old firetrucks. My dad got one when I was in high school For $1000 at auction.  I know guys who buy them for a variety of things from restoration to using them on a farm. 

But it’s also not unheard of for small volunteer departments to let their members borrow a firetruck for half an hour to delight some kids.  As long as you’re cleared to drive it and you stay in your service area, some departments allow it.  

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 11

Did anyone else notice that the official Duggar family instagram account “@duggarfam” had up some pictures of Sam’s fire truck birthday yesterday, but removed them again today?

I wonder why - did Jill and Derick ask them not to have Sam or their family in general featured on the Duggar family account?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

12 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I have to say, Sam’s birthday looked freakin awesome. I want that day, this year for my 43rd birthday! I’ll swap duggar James out for a real and hot fireman though and I’ll add booze. 

Can I come? I’ll bring a cake!

• Haha 7
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, adidas said:

Can I come? I’ll bring a cake!

Of course be there or be Square?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I hired a fire engine to take my daughter and her friends to prom! He also came back to pick up me and my boys and my friend and her 2 kids. That was the night I won the parenting award ahaha! 

It made the local paper and they got al the year 11s around the fire engine for a pic, its still framed and hanging in the school main entrance.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 17

On 7/9/2021 at 12:21 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Yes and to stop these fn lockdowns that are crippling businesses 

but for that - us down under - would actually need to be able to get the vaccines. Here in NZ it is down right ludicrous to speculate and fearmonger about the people not 'wanting' to get the jab, when those that WANT it can't get it because either our government is incompetent and can't get the vaccines delivered, or our government is political in its decision to not fast track the certification say of the Astra or Moderna vaccine, or Pfizer (still the only vaccine for us now, Jansen was approved just a few days ago, but god knows how much was ordered and when it will be delivered) is holding NZ and many countries hostage with surge pricing and long delivery times. 

and yeah, NZ has donated some vaccines to some of the pacific island nations. Which is all fair and good. But unless we are getting the jabs as in OZ in large enough numbers we will continue to live in Hermit Kingdoms and with that generally comes petty rule of tiny dictators. 

And if the government of both of our countries continues to diddle eventually people will do what they want to do, they will simply not obey the rules. And in Sidney that has already been seen. 

Edited by Sabine
english as a second language makes for funny phrases.
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, Sabine said:

but for that - us down under - would actually need to be able to get the vaccines. Here in NZ it is down right ludicrous to speculate and fearmonger about the people not 'wanting' to get the jab, when those that WANT it can't get it because either our government is incompetent and can't get the vaccines delivered, or our government is political in its decision to not fast track the certification say of the Astra or Moderna vaccine, or Pfizer (still the only vaccine for us now, Jansen was approved just a few days ago, but god knows how much was ordered and when it will be delivered) is holding NZ and many countries hostage with surge pricing and long delivery times. 

and yeah, NZ has donated some vaccines to some of the pacific island nations. Which is all fair and good. But unless we are getting the jabs as in OZ in large enough numbers we will continue to live in Hermit Kingdoms and with that generally comes petty rule of tiny dictators. 

And if the government of both of our countries continues to diddle eventually people will do what they want to do, they will simply not obey the rules. And in Sidney that has already been seen. 

That is So true. I think that is why there is a surge in covid numbers. No one gives a shit and is doing what they want.  This lockdown feels so different to last years. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

That is So true. I think that is why there is a surge in covid numbers. No one gives a shit and is doing what they want.  This lockdown feels so different to last years. 

they can only keep the door locked so long and then Fortress OZ/NZ becomes bunker OZ/NZ and that is a whole different can of worms. The lockdowns of last year were warranted, even this one is imo, but they can not be considered the only 'real' tool, until our governments get their asses together and get the vaccines in in large enough numbers to at least vaccinate those that want to be vaccinated without issues. NZ in that regards is a effn shambles. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3

Late to the conversation but I got my vaccine at the local mega-church where area pharmacies set up a vaccination site. All I got was a "goodie" bad with upcoming church activities and a small water bottle. I wanted a sticker, dammit!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Late to the conversation but I got my vaccine at the local mega-church where area pharmacies set up a vaccination site. All I got was a "goodie" bad with upcoming church activities and a small water bottle. I wanted a sticker, dammit!

But you have the oppurtunity to be "saved" and vaccinated the gift of jesus in your heart is the best goodie bag of all lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

17 hours ago, Sabine said:

they can only keep the door locked so long and then Fortress OZ/NZ becomes bunker OZ/NZ and that is a whole different can of worms. The lockdowns of last year were warranted, even this one is imo, but they can not be considered the only 'real' tool, until our governments get their asses together and get the vaccines in in large enough numbers to at least vaccinate those that want to be vaccinated without issues. NZ in that regards is a effn shambles. 

As a Melbournian who has now had 4 lockdowns, totaling over 6 months there is a real lockdown PTSD. I'm very anxious for the vaccine to be available to me (in my 30s) before the NSW outbreak spreads back to us, as it always does.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 12

I didn't get a sticker either, although I got a tiny coronvirus badge added to my work ID to show that I'm vaccinated.  But I got vaccinated early since I work in a hospital system.  I try to think of that as my reward.  I almost stole my husband's sticker, lol.  I'm looking forward to my kids getting vaccinated this winter.  I hate having to worry about them.  At least their school announced that they will still require masks this coming school year.  

• Upvote 8

I finally got my first shot. Thanks to the Maori Authority that ran the vaccine efforts in my remote rural community. My partner is a voluntary firefighter and that is why he got his shot, and then they decided that they would extend the programme to 'wider whanau'. And i fell into that category. 

I got my shots as a white women because teh local first nation organizer considered me 'family'. Thanks Te Arawa. there is not enough koha in the world to repay this gift. 

whanau = family / community/ tribe/ country

koha = a gift one brings when invited 

and i got a sticker and breakfast. Nom sandwiches. 

Edited by Sabine
i got a sticker!
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 12

I am fully vaccinated ( nurse) with astra zenica.

Daughter 1 works in a hospital kitchen, and is excited to get her first Pfizer shot on Monday.

No lollies or sticker for me, but I am glad to be vaccinated, given how hard it is to get one here.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic