IGNORED

Dillards 89: I'd Watch a Netflix Xpecial and so Would My Mom

HerNameIsBuffy

I have seen comments by some covidiots who’ve caught Covid that they probably caught it from vaccinated people as there’s a lot of ‘vaccine shedding’ going on. There’s no limit to how these people will shoe horn their batshit crazy theories to suit whatever the narrative.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 16
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, adidas said:

Good on them for getting vaxed. Unfortunately I’m in the wrong state to get my free pint of beer and I’m in the wrong country to get a free burrito.  C’mon NSW! Where’s my free stuff!? 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/manofmany.com/lifestyle/drinks/melbourne-pub-free-beer-for-covid-19-vaccine%3famp

I agree now I am hearing that they may be giving away fly buy points and I am like well I don't do fly buys and if I did would they back date them?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

They're not saying "I'll give you a beer if you get vaccinated". They're saying "thank you for getting vaccinated, here's a beer". 

That’s how it’s happening here too. To be fair, the nurse offered me a chupa chup but took it back and said ‘you can’t eat it sorry’ (the vax rollout is happening in phases here - I was in phase 1b because of underlying health issues, and they don’t cater for people who can’t eat lollies - I wasn’t worried about it at all ? )

48 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I agree now I am hearing that they may be giving away fly buy points and I am like well I don't do fly buys and if I did would they back date them?

Oh I wonder if they would back date them? Probably worth looking into! 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, adidas said:

That’s how it’s happening here too. To be fair, the nurse offered me a chupa chup but took it back and said ‘you can’t eat it sorry’ (the vax rollout is happening in phases here - I was in phase 1b because of underlying health issues, and they don’t cater for people who can’t eat lollies - I wasn’t worried about it at all ? )

Oh I wonder if they would back date them? Probably worth looking into! 

I must admit both needle times they had lollies for us, so I suppose i did get a freebie

• Haha 4

There are plenty of things that I don't agree with them on.  However, I'm not going to shade Derrick & Jill for getting vaccinated.  Good for them.  

• Upvote 9

11 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I must admit both needle times they had lollies for us, so I suppose i did get a freebie

I had my first AZ shot as soon as I’d recovered from the radiotherapy burns and now I’m feeling ripped off that I wasn’t offered lollies!  Lucky I went and bought myself a chocolate bar for being brave ?.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • Love 9

My state knows what people really want and is doing a good old-fashioned lottery all through July. Got your vaccine? Enter to win daily prizes of $50K or $1M or the grand prize of $2M. If you're 12-17, you can win a $55K scholarship. 

• Upvote 12

27 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

There are plenty of things that I don't agree with them on.  However, I'm not going to shade Derrick & Jill for getting vaccinated.  Good for them.  

I won’t shade them either. In fact I’m beyond happy they did get vaccinated. I know there are many people refusing this vaccine for many reasons. Idk why I just assumed Jill and Derick would fall into that group. But I’m glad they didn’t and they’re at least doing one (small) thing right. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

I love how in the US there are all these things to motivate people to get vaccinated.

I guess here the biggest motivation is being able to travel abroad ?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

While JB’s method of isolation, limited education and training out almost all intellectual curiosity and reasoning, worked keenly for some of the 19, backfired with Jill, who always seemed ready to expand her interest base (Spanish and music, first response and midwifery) it certainly fostered entitlement in others (Josh).

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Mrs. Kravitz said:

My state knows what people really want and is doing a good old-fashioned lottery all through July. Got your vaccine? Enter to win daily prizes of $50K or $1M or the grand prize of $2M. If you're 12-17, you can win a $55K scholarship. 

Ditto in MA.  You better believe my completely vaccinated family signed up on 7/1 for the Massachusetts VaxMillions Giveaway.  The 12-17 crowd are eligible for one of five 300K scholarship grants to a 529 College Savings Plan.  

https://www.mass.gov/massachusetts-vaxmillions-giveaway

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

You got a lolly?! No fair! My province is giving out nada. ?. They are apparently entering everyone who is double vaxxed into a lottery but only one adult and one kid will win. 

• Upvote 1

I didn't get anything for my second shot, but got a sticker for the first. All my friends on Facebook: "Whahhh...I didn't get a sticker."

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

I didn't get anything officially, but I got my vax at the grocery store pharmacy, and oat milk ice cream was BOGO, so I consider that the vaccination gods' way of rewarding me.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 18
  • Love 2

Damn my state for being so good about getting vaccinated. ? No lollies, no lotteries, no stickers, darn it! Just doing the responsible thing with no "rewards" other than a daily positivity rate of less than 1%. May it stay that low. Although vaccinated I still mask up, wash hands and carry sanitizer everywhere. 

I'm glad the Dillards got their vaccines. May they influence others to do so as well.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

I have so much respect for the public health officials who thought of stickers. I can imagine the meeting -

"but only adults / 12+ can even get the jab!"

"-so? We need stickers anyway! The need for a sticker doesn't disappear with age!" 

Lol

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 5

9 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

I have so much respect for the public health officials who thought of stickers. I can imagine the meeting -

"-so? We need stickers anyway! The need for a sticker doesn't disappear with age!" 

Lol

Back when I donated blood, I always wore my sticker with pride. It was right up there with cookies and juice as a reward. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

Lol

The stickers have honestly been a great marketing tool for the vaccine, just like voting stickers are at election time. People love to post their picture with their sticker to social media, which means it’ll get seen a lot and lead people to get the vaccine. I’m a teacher and when my district got ours we got a free ice cream from a local ice cream truck and a sticker. It was great!

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

Stickers are great! I love them for voting and for the vaccine. I usually don't wear it though, I stick it in my sketchbook with the date written beside it so I'll have it forever.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

I was actually really disappointed when I didn't get a sticker! Mr. NQ did for both. *jealous*

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Stickers are great! I love them for voting and for the vaccine. I usually don't wear it though, I stick it in my sketchbook with the date written beside it so I'll have it forever.

As an elections judge I can assure how important the "I voted" stickers are to folks!  When I was working the polls in November so many people came inside after dropping off their mail ballots in the box outside just so they could get a sticker. And I wish we had "future voter" stickers for kids who come with their parents! [I just give them a "I voted" sticker instead]

• Upvote 9
  • Love 6

5 hours ago, Alisamer said:

When I got my first dose, they gave me an extra sticker and I saved it to have as a keepsake. It is in my card box.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

I got my last dose 2/27. There were no stickers, lollipops or band aids. Still, back them I was just grateful to get the shot. Now, you can just walk into your nearest Wal-Mart and get it. Still, a lolly would have been nice.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

I received a lollipop after both of my Fauci ouchies,  but only because the school system I teach for provided them (they had a large drive-through vaccination sight at the city’s high school for all staff and family members that wanted them).

• Upvote 5

I got a "thank you" from the pharmacist when I got each of my vaccinations.  That was enough for me. A sticker might have been nice though.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic