IGNORED

Dillards 89: I'd Watch a Netflix Xpecial and so Would My Mom

HerNameIsBuffy

3 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Per Derick's IG he got vaccinated and I bet Jill did too. 

They're both vaxxed. Jill said they were going for the "free vaccination burritos" at Chipotle. Chipotle had a nationwide promotion. Show your card, get free food.

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 8

The comment section is WILD. I mean I know people are nuts but it's really something to see it all in one place. People telling them they're going to drop dead when a DNA code is activated in a year or that the vaccine is a test run for when the lizard people take over or whatever. The past year has really done a number on our collective minds.

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 23
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 9

16 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

The comment section is WILD. I mean I know people are nuts but it's really something to see it all in one place. People telling them they're going to drop dead when a DNA code is activated in a year or that the vaccine is a test run for when the lizard people take over or whatever. The past year has really done a number on our collective minds.

No, those are people who would have always believed in bullpuckey.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

How do people with that level of stupidity even function? If I had an IQ of -14, I'd just keep low profile, instead of willingly exposing my sub-par brain to the world. 

Pathetic.  

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Some of the comments on both Jill’s and Derrick’s IG are crazy! There are some really delusional people in this world.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

If the government wanted to kill people, they'd want to kill the un-vaxxed "free thinkers" who don't do as they're told, not the vaccinated sheeple.

Edited by Mrs. Kravitz
There vs their vs they're
  • Upvote 23
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

I really love that he posted this. No one can convince the real whackos (those who believe that everyone vaccinated will die or become lizards, and so on) but perhaps he can convince a few people among their followers who are on the fence about vaccination. It's all worth it. And he can handle an upset instagram comment section. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

How do people with that level of stupidity even function? If I had an IQ of -14, I'd just keep low profile, instead of willingly exposing my sub-par brain to the world. 

Pathetic.  

Dunning–Kruger effect

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a hypothetical cognitive bias stating that people with low ability at a task overestimate their ability.

As described by social psychologists David Dunning and Justin Kruger, the bias results from an internal illusion in people of low ability and from an external misperception in people of high ability; that is, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others".[1] It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from people's inability to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their level of competence.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mrs. Kravitz said:

If the government wanted to kill people, they'd want to kill the un-vaxxed "free thinkers" who don't do as they're told, not the vaccinated sheeple.

Omg you are right! This is brilliant. Twilight Zone episode where the government entity interviewed and tested kids when they reached a certain age and supposedly disposed of the intelligent, free-thinking types. Maybe it was Outer Limits or something similar. It seems I was an older child at the time and it was very disturbing to me.

• Upvote 8

Also stunned by the many insane comments. You expect a few whackos but there were hundreds of likes on the  most ludicrous comments. Apparently the vax is the mark of the beast. 

• Upvote 12

17 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Also stunned by the many insane comments. You expect a few whackos but there were hundreds of likes on the  most ludicrous comments. Apparently the vax is the mark of the beast. 

Isn't the mark of the beast supposed to be on your forehead? I'd never heard of getting an injection there! (Or are they just slapping the "I got vaccinated!" stickers there?)

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2

some freak, in a FB group I'm in, said that the vax was supposed to kill you w/in 5 years. My reply? "Yeah but you'll be dead in 6 months with Covid still raging". DEAD silence! Yes, me and my entire family were shot up this spring. Hell, I got a bunch of booster shots before baby A was born. Discussed it w/my doctor and she agreed that boosters would be wise for me. 

All I can say about the anti-COVID vaxxers is...survival of the fittest baby! 

• Upvote 22
  • Love 3

Although I don't return to my office in September, a co-worker in my group absolutely refuses to get vaccinated.  Her rationale:  "I don't want Joe Biden tracking me".  My response:  "You're not important enough for Joe Biden to track".

And this attitude isn't confined to the South.  I'm in true-blue MA.  I realize it's a choice but if you could do something to protect yourself and others from getting sick and dying, wouldn't you do it?  

On the positive side, an on-the-fence co-worker did get fully vaxxed as well as her anti-vax husband. The only reason they got it was for freedom to travel and freedom from masks in a majority of locations.  But hey, whatever gets people in the door is fine by me.  

• Upvote 41

In fundie circles, the pressure to not get vaxxed is huge. I was at a family reunion last weekend with my right-wing fundie sister and her 6 grown children and their families. My nephew and his wife are the only ones who have moved several states away and seem to have a normal life. She quietly told me at the reunion that she and my nephew are vaccinated. But sssshh! It's a secret. Can't tell the rest of the family.

Edited by livinginthelight
  • Upvote 17
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 2

9 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

The past year has really done a number on our collective minds.

I think it's maybe exposed the fact that there are a lot of people who are a lot stupider than anyone ever thought possible.

1 hour ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Isn't the mark of the beast supposed to be on your forehead? I'd never heard of getting an injection there! (Or are they just slapping the "I got vaccinated!" stickers there?)

I think it does go on your forehead. And I think it comes in the form of a red baseball cap with "MAGA" on it. 

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

All I can say about the anti-COVID vaxxers is...survival of the fittest baby! 

Yeah this pandemic has brought out my cynical side. I'm to the point of saying "OK, every adult in the US has had their chance to get vaccinated... hopefully the smart people who can't be vaccinated will stay safe and COVID will remove the rest of the morons from the gene pool. And perhaps more importantly, the voter rolls."

I'm glad Jill and Derrick not only got vaccinated but are public about it. Seems like they have brains and are actually using them, and growing and learning because of it. 

• Upvote 46

4 hours ago, Mrs. Kravitz said:

You know, whatever the hot conspiracy of the moment is - chemtrails, vaccines, what the f*ck ever, I typically ask the same question. 

To what end? Why would the government want to kill everyone? If they did that, who would they rule over? How would they have any power if there was no one to have power over?

I also often ask about the supposed worldwide scheme to invent something to influence American politics - latest example being COVID but definitely not the first in those circles, and won't be the last. I ask why other countries around the world would intentionally kill their own citizens in order to affect American politics? I ask how every world leader agreed to this plan (whatever one we're discussing at the time) but they can't agree on anything else? 

For those thinking Biden wants to track them I ask why does tRump take credit for developing the vaccine then? Did everyone know in late 2019 that Biden would be POTUS - like, everyone, including the world leaders who agreed to play along -  so they began the process of inventing the virus AND the vaccine with the chip all at the same time? If everyone knew and the world was already acting on a Biden presidency more than a year in advance, why are tRump and his Q minions still throwing temper tantrums? 

I never, ever get answers. At best I get a shrug, at worse, another diatribe with even more conspiracies. But never an answer. 

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Yeah this pandemic has brought out my cynical side. I'm to the point of saying "OK, every adult in the US has had their chance to get vaccinated... hopefully the smart people who can't be vaccinated will stay safe and COVID will remove the rest of the morons from the gene pool. And perhaps more importantly, the voter rolls."

I'd say that, except they're finding out that if you're immunocompromised you may not develop the antibodies properly. Plus, kids can't get vaccinated yet and I can't condemn them, including my own, to getting sick because of that.

It would be nice if only the people that refused vaccination would get sick of their determined to, without passing it to others who can't get an effective shot.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 15

32 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

You know, whatever the hot conspiracy of the moment is - chemtrails, vaccines, what the f*ck ever, I typically ask the same question. 

To what end? Why would the government want to kill everyone? If they did that, who would they rule over? How would they have any power if there was no one to have power over?

I also often ask about the supposed worldwide scheme to invent something to influence American politics - latest example being COVID but definitely not the first in those circles, and won't be the last. I ask why other countries around the world would intentionally kill their own citizens in order to affect American politics? I ask how every world leader agreed to this plan (whatever one we're discussing at the time) but they can't agree on anything else? 

For those thinking Biden wants to track them I ask why does tRump take credit for developing the vaccine then? Did everyone know in late 2019 that Biden would be POTUS - like, everyone, including the world leaders who agreed to play along -  so they began the process of inventing the virus AND the vaccine with the chip all at the same time? If everyone knew and the world was already acting on a Biden presidency more than a year in advance, why are tRump and his Q minions still throwing temper tantrums? 

I never, ever get answers. At best I get a shrug, at worse, another diatribe with even more conspiracies. But never an answer. 

Not to mention that Trump was the one of the first to get vaccinated, but people seem to forget that. 

• Upvote 27

2 hours ago, livinginthelight said:

My nephew and his wife are the only ones who have moved several states away and seem to have a normal life. She quietly told me at the reunion that she and my nephew are vaccinated. But sssshh! It's a secret. Can't tell the rest of the family.

I can see people not wanting to disclose if they seriously don't want grief from other people.  I have a couple of relatives who are screaming anti-vax but honestly if they each got the vaccination they would never admit to it because of the disapproval / criticism from well, each other.  

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Exactly this, so much. It's near impossible to get a group of people to agree on where to go for dinner, much less something like this on a global scale.

Take chemtrails, for example - think of how many people would have to be involved outside of government! Aircraft manufacturers, airlines, all the airport and airline employees, the labs making the "chemicals", the transport companies transporting them by truck, the storage facilities for them, etc. Airlines would have to carry the chemicals and spraying equipment (costing them tons of money in extra fuel requirements and lost revenue from being able to carry less actual cargo and passenger weight - which you know is NOT happening), etc. If any plane spraying "chemtrails" crashed anywhere, there'd have to be a huge coverup. Not one single bit of it makes any sense at all. 

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Although I don't return to my office in September, a co-worker in my group absolutely refuses to get vaccinated.  Her rationale:  "I don't want Joe Biden tracking me".  My response:  "You're not important enough for Joe Biden to track".

These dumbasses who "don't want to be tracked" usually type that on their cell phone don't they? And happily use navigation apps, and sign up for grocery loyalty cards, and answer every dumb Facebook quiz.... ?

I'm just waiting for my promised 5G to kick in from my vaccine.

Oh, and a former home contractor of mine, who refused to get vaccinated in spite of being high risk due to past heart issues, died of Covid last week, age 57.  First Covid death in our county in quite a while. Yes, he was a Trump lover.

• Upvote 26
  • Sad 3

14 hours ago, marmalade said:

They're both vaxxed. Jill said they were going for the "free vaccination burritos" at Chipotle. Chipotle had a nationwide promotion. Show your card, get free food.

Good on them for getting vaxed. Unfortunately I’m in the wrong state to get my free pint of beer and I’m in the wrong country to get a free burrito.  C’mon NSW! Where’s my free stuff!? 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/manofmany.com/lifestyle/drinks/melbourne-pub-free-beer-for-covid-19-vaccine%3famp

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

I'd say that, except they're finding out that if you're immunocompromised you may not develop the antibodies properly. Plus, kids can't get vaccinated yet and I can't condemn them, including my own, to getting sick because of that.

It would be nice if only the people that refused vaccination would get sick of their determined to, without passing it to others who can't get an effective shot.

Plus some of the newer strains are still affecting vaccinated people. I read that the Astra Zeneca vax dropped to 10% effectiveness against one of the strains (beta I think?). The delta strain is apparently spreading through some vaccinated people too, although the vaccine still does a great job at preventing hospitalisations and deaths amongst those infected. We need a combination of as many vaccinated people as possible, and vigilant public health measures, social distancing, sanitiser, masks etc to continue. These selfish conspiracists who won’t get on board keep putting hundreds of others at risk.

3 minutes ago, adidas said:

Good on them for getting vaxed. Unfortunately I’m in the wrong state to get my free pint of beer and I’m in the wrong country to get a free burrito.  C’mon NSW! Where’s my free stuff!? 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/manofmany.com/lifestyle/drinks/melbourne-pub-free-beer-for-covid-19-vaccine%3famp

C’mon NSW, where’s my vaccine? Ok, so that’s on Scotty and the feds, rather than NSW specifically… but I don’t need an incentive to get vaccinated, I just need to be made eligible! 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I'm just waiting for my promised 5G to kick in from my vaccine.

Yeah, I have been pretty disappointed.  I was hoping for that 5G to kick in so I didn't have to pay for an upgrade, but weeks after my 2nd dose, no go.

Darn.......

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, adidas said:

Here, there are many local places that offer a free...something with your vaccination card. I was at a micro brewery over the weekend and you could get a free beer or appetizer. This is a Greek restaurant down the street from what was, in the earlier days, one of the only vaccine centers connected to the county hospital. They were handing out Gyros. 

There are detractors - the majority of whom are the conspiracy anti vaxxers - who say it's a bribe and blah, blah, blah. But here, it's all been presented as a "thank you". A lot of these businesses have been the hardest hit the last 16 months. The sooner people are out & about, the sooner they can fully open & make money again. They are thanking you for doing what is in your power to get everyone up & running again. 

They're not saying "I'll give you a beer if you get vaccinated". They're saying "thank you for getting vaccinated, here's a beer". 

• Upvote 22

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic