IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 18: Still Only A Single Arrow in the Quiver

nelliebelle1197

It’s funny, we aren’t planning a second babe yet, but we sometimes talk about names, and I jokingly brought up Clementina in front of our family… everyone thought it was funny 😬

My husband and I actually really like Poppy. But we aren’t sure how it would work as an adult name. I haven’t met an adult Poppy before, and my husband thinks it won’t work well professionally. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Keys said:

It’s funny, we aren’t planning a second babe yet, but we sometimes talk about names, and I jokingly brought up Clementina in front of our family… everyone thought it was funny 😬

My husband and I actually really like Poppy. But we aren’t sure how it would work as an adult name. I haven’t met an adult Poppy before, and my husband thinks it won’t work well professionally. 

If it helps, I know an adult Poppy. Smart and accomplished woman, very kind and professional. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Keys said:

Her first name is Frances but everyone knows her as Poppy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frances_Northcutt

• Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Keys said:

Poppy Harlow used to be on CNN, though wikipedia tells me she was born "Katharine Julia," so you also have the option of giving her one name but calling her Poppy, keeping her full name in reserve for when she's in big trouble. ;) 

There are more and more babies born and named Poppy in the US; in 2016 it was ranked 747 but by 2021 it had jumped to 401.  

https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

Edited by shesinsane
corrected the link
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Keys said:

My SIL just named my new niece Poppy Jane and so far calls her by both names. I think it’s such a cute and happy sounding name!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

In my daycare unique or at least uncommon names seem to be in.  There are really no names in my daughter's 2yo class that I would consider particularly common, and same in the 1yo class.  I kind of love it, even if I wouldn't choose most of them because the variety is nice.

• Upvote 6

Daisy Duggar is one of the worst G3 names I’ve heard. Starting with the Josh criminal association, what the hell are they thinking?? The only explanation is that they know nothing about the details of the case, don’t want to, and no one else has told them. 

Also, I agree with the alliterative negative Daisy Duke/Daisy Duck sorts of connotations. The name Duggar will now always be tainted, but there’s something extra silly/tacky/trashy sounding about the two names together.

If you have to have a D name, and you’re stuck with Duggar, I think a 3 syllable name mitigates the awkwardness slightly. Delaney Duggar. Daniella Duggar. Diana Duggar. Delilah Duggar (not that they’d ever dare use the name of such a vixen), I was going to say Danica Duggar, but nope, Josh ruined that one too…

• Upvote 9

For the sake of my sanity, I am going to assume that J&L were not following the CSAI case closely enough to know the connotations. This is not at all on the same level as J&A naming their last Madyson. Especially if that ama was true and Josh's names were always used.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

She is female, so the first name doesn’t have to sound good with Duggar because she will be married by the time she would be legally allowed to drink and have a new surname!!11!! 

(that almost physically hurt to type, though the sentiment is kinda serious)

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Keys said:

I think like this too, but then, names that are common in this generation WILL be in boardrooms and courtrooms and school principals etc even if they sound weird to us, because, well, those kids are going to be adults one day and odds are some of them are going to be educated professionals. I find it funny to imagine some day in the future when Nevaeh, Braxton and Duke get together to discuss the next quarter’s growth targets.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

I think this is Josiah with baby #2 standing next to Jed&Katey (from their gender reveal video). Or possibly Joe with baby #4? 

1AD90B61-7B2F-41D5-9B1D-EA76F0E7D031_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by xenobia
  • Upvote 2

I like clementine. Bright sweet oranges!

But clementia sounds like dementia in my mind and is sad.

Poppy for a nickname sounds fun.

But you can't "nickname it" if it's the main name.

Clementine- clem.

Poppy-.....pops? Eek.

I have a long name that's hard to nickname and it's a bummer. Feels formal all the time. Always wanted a nickname.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I know a Poppy who is really Penelope.

I feel like Poppy could also be a reasonable nickname for Ophelia.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

I feel like Poppy could also be a reasonable nickname for Ophelia.

Oh that is cute. My husband should be glad out baby days are done because I would be all "see we can use Ophelia"!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Jenna Bush Hager has a Poppy it’s not a nickname. 

So does Nate Berkus. It’s definitely becoming a more mainstream name. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, xenobia said:

I think this is Josiah with baby #2 standing next to Jed&Katey (from their gender reveal video). Or possibly Joe with baby #4? 

1AD90B61-7B2F-41D5-9B1D-EA76F0E7D031_1_201_a.jpeg

That definitely looks like Joe 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Jenna Bush Hager has a Poppy it’s not a nickname. 

In Poppy Hager’s case it is sort of a Nick-name in that “Poppy” was the nickname of George H.W. Bush, so while it’s not her nickname, she isn’t named after the flower.

However I did always find it kind of weird that George W‘s granddaughter shared a name (coincidentally) with an opium plant that is (was, since the Taliban is back in charge anyway) heavily cultivated in Afghanistan.
I’m sure it’s something Jenna considered but ultimately loved the name too much.

Edited by BadMurphy
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Johannah said:

Daisy Duggar is one of the worst G3 names I’ve heard. Starting with the Josh criminal association, what the hell are they thinking?? The only explanation is that they know nothing about the details of the case, don’t want to, and no one else has told them. 

I completely and respectfully disagree.  I doubt they even knew about the connection of the name to the material Josh viewed.  Most people have not dug that deep into the filth Josh downloaded.  And regardless, if Daisy is a name they liked they should be free to use it and not have it ruined by Josh.  The Duggar siblings should be able to live their lives free from Josh's influence.  He should not be the center of their universe.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 12

11 hours ago, ToriAmos said:

That’s what I thought. With joken4 who is a boy.

Yeah that is the same baby that Kendra is carrying later. JoKen #4 and Truett had identical blankets. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic