IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 18: Still Only A Single Arrow in the Quiver

nelliebelle1197

In one of Jessa’s recent home tour videos, she shows a poster with lots of plant names and says that’s where her girls’ names come from. If someone wants to find and screenshot it, that will help with guesses for future Seewald girls.

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

In one of Jessa’s recent home tour videos, she shows a poster with lots of plant names and says that’s where her girls’ names come from. If someone wants to find and screenshot it, that will help with guesses for future Seewald girls.

Here it is. No Ivy or Fern there though.

53C0E742-0766-4B6F-B71F-B989548450E3_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by xenobia
crappy spelling
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, xenobia said:

Here it is. No Ivy or Fern there though.

53C0E742-0766-4B6F-B71F-B989548450E3_1_201_a.jpeg

I kinda of like Zinnia. It is definitely uncommon enough for Jessa. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Iris is very trendy right now. I could see Jessa using that name.

Also Violet and Marigold--older names like Ivy and Fern

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Sk8ter said:

Iris is very trendy right now. I could see Jessa using that name.

Also Violet and Marigold--older names like Ivy and Fern

Clementina? 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Cam said:

Did someone else mention Myrtle? Because Jessa seems to like odd ones and that’d be one of them, imo.

Myrtle was our childhood silly name. I remember traveling via car to Canada with my cousins. At one restaurant, us kids sat at a different table then our parents. The server came around and I remember my cousin saying loudly to his little sister "Myrtle, you can order first". She was so upset, we were in hysterics. I could never take the name seriously ever. 

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I have a friend a few years older than me who named her son Abel.  I think he's probably 8? 9? now and I was so perplexed by her name choice.  She's not especially religious, but I think most people in our neck of the woods was at least passingly familiar with the story.  Naming a kid after the murdered sibling in a pair seemed like bad juju to me.

Of course then it became popular, so what do I know?

I know an Abel and it still seems like an odd choice. Their other kids had more run of the mill Bible names. But, like others here have said, even Noah was an odd choice at one point so I guess it’s just a matter of time before I know more and more Abels. 

1 hour ago, Cam said:

Did someone else mention Myrtle? Because Jessa seems to like odd ones and that’d be one of them, imo.

I said Myrtle on the last page. I could see Willow, too. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I have not yet met a Cain.  Is that one popular now, too?

My son has a Cain in his second grade class this year, along with a Kade and a Caden. His poor teacher!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Amy Poehler and Will Arnett’s second son is named Abel. I don’t think I ever read why they chose it. I used to teach at a school with a lot of Latino kids and had a student named Abel, pronounced ay BEL. Never really thought about the Biblical Abel.

• Upvote 2

How about a Holly to go with Ivy? (Jessa has got an Ivy hasn*t she?) 

It will be interesting to see how many of the Seewald and Balka Kids end up with the same name. 

Seaweed Seewald might be another option.... 

Edited by Hazelbunny
  • Haha 8

I think it’s hard to choose a bible name that doesn’t have bad connotations. Most figures of the bible were severely flawed (David, Peter, etc) or unfortunate in their lives (Abel, Job, etc). 

• Upvote 3

I can see Jessa doing Maple, Lilac, Iris, Hazel or Willow. I definitely don’t see her doing Rose, Lily, Jasmine, or Violet. I can’t decide if she’d go for Poppy or Posey.

• Upvote 5

One of my daughters has had two dogs named Willow and Iris.  iris was a sweetheart who died in the spring at the age of 17.  Willow was a sweetie too.  It occurred to my daughter that she'd have loved to name her second daughter Willow, but she had already used that name for one of their dogs even though the dog Willow was deceased.  Naming their daughter Willow was just too much.  Btw, her dad's maternal grandmother was named Myrtle.  

Willow is also the name of the White House cat, named after Dr Jill Biden's hometown Willow Grove, PA and then there is Willow Rosenberg of Buffy The Vampire Slayer,  who is not only a witch, but. lesbian.  

If you want to see Willow looking at the White House Christmas tree, there is one on the wikipedia article about her:

Willow Biden

• Thank You 2

To be fair(for anyone who didn't watch the video) Jessa was sort of joking as she pointed to the flower chart  and said she gets her names there. I took it to mean she likes flower names/is poking fun back at people who don't like her names rather than literally using the chart for ideas.

That said I can see Hazel or clover from her for sure!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 5

16 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Myrtle was our childhood silly name. I remember traveling via car to Canada with my cousins. At one restaurant, us kids sat at a different table then our parents. The server came around and I remember my cousin saying loudly to his little sister "Myrtle, you can order first". She was so upset, we were in hysterics. I could never take the name seriously ever. 

Honestly, that’s pretty funny.

15 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I said Myrtle on the last page. I could see Willow, too. 

I thought Myrtle had been mentioned. Agree with Willow, too, which imo is a pretty name.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, EmiSue said:

My son has a Cain in his second grade class this year, along with a Kade and a Caden. His poor teacher!

My daughter had a Heaven in her class last year. This year there is a Messiah in her class. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 1

My kids go to Catholic school and I don't think they have a single unusual  biblical/religious name in their class. Just  the super common ones (Mary, Adam, Jacob, etc.) but no Heaven/Neveah or Abels. We get weird names but they are more the Creative spellings. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic