IGNORED

Josh, Anna 24 Hmmm... Flight Risk? Does Anyone Know if there Are Any Pilots in the Family?

HerNameIsBuffy

The ultimate FJ sleep over... stay up all night, but nada... but we all have poodle perms ™ in the morning!

Who brought the OJ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 17
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, indianabones said:

This messes up yet another one of my 2021 predictions, where I said that TLC was going to started featuring Josh and Anna more. DAMMIT, JOSH! I'm never going to win the predictions contest at this rate!

I think all of us are grateful this prediction will now definitely not come true. 

8 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Who brought the OJ?

I’ll bring the vodka 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

Some news to wake up to. I caught up on the thread now and it’s 10am here. If I calculated correctly news about Josh’s crimes (please be about money and not kids) will come at 6pm in Sweden so I have 8 hours to work and prepare dinner. See you all back here then. 

Edited by Iamtheway
  • Upvote 18
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

It’s been so nice to see so many nice old names pop up on my feed. It’s great to see you all back. I wonder if we will get an influx of new members like We did the time after one of his scandals. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 3

Welp, after not going to bed until gone 1am and the fact I’ve been awake an hour but sat in bed reading the threads, I can tell my productivity today will be next to zero. 

Now I just have to wait for 5pm UK time for the hearing. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

I would kill to be a fly on the wall in the Duggar house right now (or invited to the various family chats). I wonder what they know and what they believe about his guilt or innocence. Do they think this is all false and is the devil working against them? If this is a white collar crime, do they think he did it but that the law is unfair? Are there different camps among the family and in smaller groups they are acknowledging his guilt or are there gestapo family members who will run back to JB if anyone dare suggests he did something wrong and so no one dares speculate?

The usual conservative progression seems to be start with denial: it's a witch hunt! the feds are just bending to the liberal pressure. Then when it can no longer be denied they move to minimize and deflect: double standards! The dems didn't care when [insert liberal politician or actor even if the actor is like D list] did [insert something similar but likely either made up or exaggerated]. Finally when they can't deny that it was indeed something really bad we get Jesus forgave him so you need to move on.

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 7

I'd love to say I'm surprised.... But I'm not. 

On one level, hello well-overdue karma. 

On another level, I feel for the kids and his siblings (and to a lesser degree, Anna). It's one thing to have accusations etc, but arrests and charges are different thing completely.

Jim Bob and Michelle, take note. This is what happens when a tv show/publicity/politics are more important than getting real help for your troubled child and the other children he harmed. Now your other children and grandchildren will pay for your mistakes a million times over. 

• Upvote 40
  • Love 1

My first thought on hearing about this was drugs and or money laundering through the car lot.  I’m wondering if Anna’s parents will travel to Arkansas ASAP? It’s the least they can do after throwing her to  the Duggar’s ‘lions’ den. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

If this is financial crimes, I do wonder if Derrick was able to piece together enough over the years that he could see this coming, which would contribute to the Dillards distancing themselves and getting their cut while they still could. Between his accounting background and the first year of law school, Derrick would definitely know the Duggars’ financial arrangements are shady and would know the legal consequences.

• Upvote 40
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, mpheels said:

If this is financial crimes, I do wonder if Derrick was able to piece together enough over the years that he could see this coming, which would contribute to the Dillards distancing themselves and getting their cut while they still could. Between his accounting background and the first year of law school, Derrick would definitely know the Duggars’ financial arrangements are shady and would know the legal consequences.

Eh, I think you’re giving Dillwank way too much credit. While I’m sure Derick knew Boob was shady, there’s no way Boob would have shared enough of his business dealings with Derick for him to be useful to the feds.  Besides, Derick isn’t a forensic accountant, and his main motivation was always his own best interest.

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Jill and Derick's very public and long-standing separation from the Duggar borg will probably benefit them here: it may keep them out the spatter zone of complicity in any crimes. That will be very important for Derick when he undergoes his character and fitness assessment for the bar. If it's true that Jill got a settlement from her parents a few years ago (cashed out her inheritance early), then she and Derick may in the end be the best-of out of all the family: this mess may drain the family finances and there may not be much left for everyone else to inherit.

The worst thing about that is the number of under/uneducated family members with ever-increasing numbers of children and no skills to earn enough to support them. At least the existence of JB’s evil empire means the kids have their physical needs met. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

The M kids, my heart goes out to them honestly.

It's been awhile since I last posted here, but no lie this news has unnerved me.  I'm afraid almost to find out the reason for this.

Edited by Sky with diamonds
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

6 hours ago, SimplyMe said:

From sharonsaysso on Instagram.  If you don’t follow her, you should, she’s awesome and very smart and I fear she may be right here....   

8FF74D5F-95B9-4C66-9C16-40315D814E25.png

Except she is wrong here, either because she does not know or does not have all the facts. Bail is not set until after an arraignment. There has been no arraignment and he is not being held without bond. He has not been arraigned.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

@Smee you are strong and can do this. You don't have to give him a second chance, because this is *your* life and you get to decide what you want. Lots of love and support your way. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 11

Okay FJ my time has come.....a family member did federal time for some shady business dealings. It was federal because it was part of the VA/DC/MD area otherwise it would've been state. 

Things I can say from my own experience: 

They knew about 6months to a year before that he/she was going to be arrested and the actual day was prearranged for them to appear. Most of that time was negotiating their deal. Once they were arrested, they didn't get bailed out because it was credit for time served. They did less than  two years in a camp. The time from arrest to trial is very quick when it's prearranged because you waive your right to all the stuff that slows trials down. 

I imagine even if Josh didn't take a deal, they were in contact and working with him. They don't like drama if they can help it - you get a lot more news with federal agents in the title. 

• Upvote 29
  • Thank You 16
  • Love 1

Ok, guys, I’ve had breakfast, showered, and worked and now it’s time to catch up on this thread and wait until Josh sees the judge later today.

I’m ready ? 

• Upvote 16
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Love 1

Count me as another one who doesn't feel bad for any of the adults here. The kids? Hell yeah they drew a shitty lot in live and deserve a lot better. Them i feel bad for, but Anna? No. I ran out of sympathy when she refused to leave the first time and went on to have 4 more children with Josh. 

If it is financial I wonder if we'll see Jim Bob arrested too because honestly I don't see Josh as smart enough to pull off financial crimes on his own nor do I see them only taking Josh down for this if the rest of the family is involved. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I just feel deep in my gut that it's not a financial crime. His history has painted a grim picture, and honestly, I don't think he's smart enough to commit major financial crimes. Also, the Duggar finances and business are all so heavily intertwined there's no doubt in my mind if it was financial, other Duggars would be going down with him. I would have assumed we would have seem more than one arrest yesterday if that were the case.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

Minor Duggars are getting ripped off too. Their hard earned sold their childhood out to tv money is goi g to be spent defending that fucktard. This still pisses me off. When they go down I wonder if any of the adults will wish they sued before (like Jill) and got their fair share. But I suppose they did get houses. But hey Jim Bob could make them sell. I doubt Jill will be willing to give any of her payout back. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 3

Obviously I'm just speculating, but I feel like if they knew in advance he was going to be arrested yesterday that it was sort of weird timing with the everything else they had going on right now (speaking at ATI/Jinger's book coming out/baby announcement). From the outside it looks more like a kool-aid man "surprise!" situation. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Okay FJ my time has come.....a family member did federal time for some shady business dealings. It was federal because it was part of the VA/DC/MD area otherwise it would've been state. 

Things I can say from my own experience: 

They knew about 6months to a year before that he/she was going to be arrested and the actual day was prearranged for them to appear. Most of that time was negotiating their deal. Once they were arrested, they didn't get bailed out because it was credit for time served. They did less than  two years in a camp. The time from arrest to trial is very quick when it's prearranged because you waive your right to all the stuff that slows trials down. 

I imagine even if Josh didn't take a deal, they were in contact and working with him. They don't like drama if they can help it - you get a lot more news with federal agents in the title. 

Hmm. If this is how it went down, then it's even more curious what the hell illegal stuff he pulled off without getting JB or others involved. Because if they negotiated a day for being arrested, that suggests there aren't more Duggar arrests coming. And why agree on a day JB, Michelle and Priscilla would be at a conference in Big Sandy? Surely he realised his arrest would affect them too, and not having JB and Mechelle close would make it harder for Anna and the M-kids. 

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Josh, Anna 24 Hmmm... Flight Risk? Does Anyone Know if there Are Any Pilots in the Family?
  • samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic