IGNORED

Josh, Anna 24 Hmmm... Flight Risk? Does Anyone Know if there Are Any Pilots in the Family?

HerNameIsBuffy

44 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Is it legal? In my area all bedrooms have to have two forms of egress, which is normally the door that opens into the house, and the window. 

Legal? When has that ever stopped the Duggars? 

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

Someone said it earlier and I thought they were kidding, but in his mug shot he does look like he's got a black eye.  Not fresh, but recent.  

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, JenniferJuniper said:

No bail, huh?  I'm beyond intrigued by this.  Along with the fact that the investigation has been going on for so long.

Riding the ISB, but I have a hunch this is more sinister than white collar financial drama. I could be wrong. I have a weird gut feeling about the whole situation.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Boy, what a week.

First Benito Ghouliani gets raided.  Then Greenberg rolls over on CongressBro Gaetz.  And now this. 

• Upvote 32

17 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I also think Oprah is gonna be calling Jill and Derrick. Of any of them; they’re the most likely to start talking

They made,a statement. They said "It's sad."

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

They made,a statement. They said "It's sad."

That famous Duggar eloquence on display.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 34
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

2) Not local, but the lawyer dude who was convicted of adoption fraud in AZ was resettling some of the Marshallese women he duped in NWA because of the existing Marshallese population. So he had local contacts of some sort to make this happen.  The Duggars appear to have no links to this, but people are sus because Jabbie live next to a Marshallese church. Who knows…

Paul Petersen

Paul Petersen is a former public official in Arizona who was accused of smuggling pregnant women from the Marshall Islands to at least three different states, as part of an adoption scheme. He pled guilty to charges of human smuggling, communication fraud, fraud and other charges in June 2020 and was sentenced to six years in prison in an Arkansas federal case in December 2020. Paul Petersen (criminal) - Wikipedia

He was the County Assessor. More info on Wikipedia and a ton of articles about him online. 

Edited by Chickenbutt
Corrected name spelling
  • Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 8

If Josh needs expensive lawyers, and even more so if JimBob is even tangentially associated with any financial shenanigans and needs his own expensive lawyers, this could really do a number on the Duggar family finances. Josh will undoubtedly look to his parents to pay for his representation, and I do think JB will provide it. Good lawyers aren't cheap.

If the indictment involves anything at all financial and if the family has done recent property transactions, they will probably be all looked at very closely, especially any involving Anna. The feds will happily go after any attempts at concealing assets, especially if the Duggars used cut-rate legal help or obvious shell companies.

Jill and Derick's very public and long-standing separation from the Duggar borg will probably benefit them here: it may keep them out the spatter zone of complicity in any crimes. That will be very important for Derick when he undergoes his character and fitness assessment for the bar. If it's true that Jill got a settlement from her parents a few years ago (cashed out her inheritance early), then she and Derick may in the end be the best-of out of all the family: this mess may drain the family finances and there may not be much left for everyone else to inherit.

• Upvote 38
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 6

I don't think that's a good basis for a joke.

edit: oops forgot I wasn't on the last page, I meant the 'on the roof' image shared from fb

Edited by CyborgKin
context
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 19
  • Thank You 1

Welp, I had just plopped into bed when the first news I read was the TMZ story. So of course I promptly jumped OUT of bed and ran to the computer to come to FJ!!! I'm now all caught up but I must finally sleep. Anxiously awaiting to see what news the morning brings. 

My sympathies to the children, no matter what the crime(s). Anna, put your big girl pants on and leave this monster. From this ex-fundie to you, there are no excuses anymore. Just leave. Go. 

Edited by meep
  • Upvote 33
  • Love 10

I work with a lot of people with substance abuse problems and the first thing I thought when I saw his mug shot was alcohol. Something is up there. 

If I had to guess this is probably something financial. He diligently provides for his family after all ?

I wish Anna would seek support from her more sane family members but that seems extremely unlikely. 

• Upvote 22

I have not been following the Duggars for quite a while, but I had to come see what FJ was saying about his arrest.  You have not disappointed me, you lovely people.?

I agree that it’s horrible for the kids, but I hope Josh gets what he deserves and Anna gets to see the light someday.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

Got some of the money she earned for them, is more to the point. 

This.  Her long overdue paychecks from her employers, while they were posing as parents. 

I bet JB and Michelle never dreamed that shunning Jill would be the best thing that ever happened to her and Derek.  Even without the money being long removed in the public eye from this mess of a family is such a good thing for them.

Oh, and you aussies have been hiding a treasure!  I've just discovered Tim Minchin recently and I cannot believe I've lived without his music until now!  

Just gonna drop this here in tribute to JB and Michelle.  (Fair warning, those of you of the religious persuasion may be offended, but those of you who enjoy bible thumpers being mocked will be delighted.)

• Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

Two questions for anyone in the know:

1) that old trope about child molesters not faring well in general population in prison... how big of a thing is that?  Is that the kind of rumor where a couple of guys got beat up or killed in prison and now everyone just figures it always happens? 

It's very much a real thing.  So much so that prisons will typically put such convicts in protected custody - meaning that they are not in the general population, but in their own segregated area of the prison.  (Fun fact: former cops are usually also in protected custody because they will otherwise, obviously, be targeted).  

Edited by MomJeans
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

I hope Josh and Anna’s kids will be okay., especially if this crime is not financial and something much darker. I hope Anna can get help from her non fundie family members and find at-home work if she can do so. At this point, she needs to leave him.

• Upvote 17

She turned off the comments section on her most recent Instagram posts. Out of curiosity I checked Jana’s and Joy’s and same thing. I think most of the siblings will do the same...

Jill hasn’t ?

Edited by coffeebean7
  • Upvote 17
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It's not legal to rent it out but as we learned when poopistan was new, if you own something and it's your own kids not all areas have code.  That's why the Nauglers were able to put all those kids in a garden shed.  

Legalities aside it's unconscionable to put kids in such an unsafe situation.  How were the Duggars not ashamed to have their grandkids living in a warehouse.  If for no other reason besides appearances you'd think they'd have put them in suitable housing.

But wasn't there speculation that the kids slept at the big house?  

I’d wonder why they didn’t just throw in some windows. They rehab houses for a living FFS

Also, I can’t keep up, sorry if it’s been discussed —- but anyone know where Josh was on January 6th for Insurrectionpalooza? Because that could be a thing. 

• Upvote 13

8 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This.  Her long overdue paychecks from her employers, while they were posing as parents. 

I bet JB and Michelle never dreamed that shunning Jill would be the best thing that ever happened to her and Derek.  Even without the money being long removed in the public eye from this mess of a family is such a good thing for them.

Oh, and you aussies have been hiding a treasure!  I've just discovered Tim Minchin recently and I cannot believe I've lived without his music until now!  

Just gonna drop this here in tribute to JB and Michelle.  (Fair warning, those of you of the religious persuasion may be offended, but those of you who enjoy bible thumpers being mocked will be delighted.)

he is wonderful and i do believe possibly from around my area too 

7 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Josh Duggar: Graduated From Jesus Jail to Federal Prison.

The suspense is killing me.

another possibilty for a thread title 

• Upvote 13

From sharonsaysso on Instagram.  If you don’t follow her, you should, she’s awesome and very smart and I fear she may be right here....   

8FF74D5F-95B9-4C66-9C16-40315D814E25.png

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I would kill to be a fly on the wall in the Duggar house right now (or invited to the various family chats). I wonder what they know and what they believe about his guilt or innocence. Do they think this is all false and is the devil working against them? If this is a white collar crime, do they think he did it but that the law is unfair? Are there different camps among the family and in smaller groups they are acknowledging his guilt or are there gestapo family members who will run back to JB if anyone dare suggests he did something wrong and so no one dares speculate?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

If the charge is CP or anything regarding SA, CPS will absolutely take the kids from Anna if she allows Josh back in the home.  CPS would insist that contact with him, if any, would have to be SEVERELY supervised (again, if any).

Obviously, I’m speculating about the charges.  I’m not speculating about how serious CPS would take this case.  They are too high profile of a family—and given his history—they are on CPS’s radar.

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 2

My first hunch (and my second and third) is CP. If it was anything else, I'm thinking odometer tampering.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Josh, Anna 24 Hmmm... Flight Risk? Does Anyone Know if there Are Any Pilots in the Family?
  • samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic