IGNORED

Josh, Anna 24 Hmmm... Flight Risk? Does Anyone Know if there Are Any Pilots in the Family?

HerNameIsBuffy

26 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Like, zero windows?  For real?

Not really. At a minimum, it has a set of glass French doors. It’s a prefab building that they originally used for storage and later renovated, first into their guest house and then into a house for Josh and Anna’s family. It’s not clear why they sold the house where they lived before that, but presumably they needed money and Anna needed help with the kids. And possibly JB was putting Josh on a shorter leash, not that that did any good.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

3 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Total fantasy but if it is financial and Daddy goes down too, I’d love to see little Jenni and Jordyn end up with Jill. Those poor, neglected little girls could go to school and be loved, cared for and listened to. Jenni was so attached to Jill and visa versa. 

Alas, they aren't little girls anymore.  I think Jennifer is 14 this summer.  Marrying time is a mere 4 years away.

No bail, huh?  I'm beyond intrigued by this.  Along with the fact that the investigation has been going on for so long.

• Upvote 16

Just now, browncoatslytherin said:

ah, that is true. i haven't really kept up with fundiedom for a hot minute, pretty much after the am and molesting scandal, i kinda fell off. just lots of other stuff going on. but that is a good point.

welp, at least he can visit josh in jail. XD

I'm sure that will be comforting to Pa Keller and likely torture for Smuggar so sounds like an excellent plan to me.

I am of the belief that smug stopped drinking the kool aid long before his marriage to Anna and hates the life in which he allowed himself to be trapped.  The thought of him being annoyed by the tract weilding likes his people gives me very perverse joy.

4 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Alas, they aren't little girls anymore.  I think Jennifer is 14 this summer.  Marrying time is a mere 4 years away.

No bail, huh?  I'm beyond intrigued by this.  Along with the fact that the investigation has been going on for so long.

Don't read too much into that tonight.  It's been reported that that is due to them moving him to another law enforcement agency and it's protocol to have no bail until that happens.

If there is no bail after his arraignment tomorrow that will be something else.

• Upvote 28

14 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Total fantasy but if it is financial and Daddy goes down too, I’d love to see little Jenni and Jordyn end up with Jill. Those poor, neglected little girls could go to school and be loved, cared for and listened to. Jenni was so attached to Jill and visa versa. 

over Mechelles dead body.....

• Upvote 15

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If there is no bail after his arraignment tomorrow that will be something else.

Now that I recall, and from what I understand, there's no bail as we know it in the federal system.  However, when the feds arrested my BIL's wife for embezzling a gazillion dollars, she just had to show up to be processed and was released on personal recognizance.   She didn't spend any times "behind bars" until she was packed off to a federal prison camp for seven years after a long drawn out court process. 

So I'll be surprised if this is all about financial stuff. 

• Upvote 19

1 minute ago, nausicaa said:

Some interesting stats I learned tonight while doing some research:

• 96% of Federal cases result in convictions.
  • Unfortunately I can't find much about how many of those convictions result in prison time, but the average prison sentence for a Federal inmate is about 37.5 months.
  • By law, Federal prisoners must spend a minimum of 85 percent of their sentences behind bars before becoming eligible for release, with a maximum of 15 percent set aside as a reward for good behavior.

I don't think any of the Duggars get how serious this is. JB can't run in and smooth this over. 

but Jesus....

they are washed in the blood they are saved lol 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 24
  • I Agree 1

Just now, nausicaa said:

• 96% of Federal cases result in convictions

Yup, and if my BIL's wife could join us tonight, she'd say "Don't fight the feds.  The sentence time will just keep going up."

• Upvote 40

2 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

• 96% of Federal cases result in convictions.
  • Unfortunatetly I can't find much about how many of those convictions result in prison time, but the average prison sentence for a Federal inmate is about 37.5 months.
  • By law, Federal prisoners must spend a minimum of 85 percent of their sentences behind bars before becoming eligible for release, with a maximum of 15 percent set aside as a reward for good behavior.

I don't think any of the Duggars get how serious this is. JB can't run in and smooth this over. 

Yep.  His local small town AK connections can't help him now.  JB and Josh may be fixing to get a taste of what feeling powerless is like.  Better late than never.

2 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

but Jesus....

they are washed in the blood they are saved lol 

That is true, so you know this shouldn't bother them at all.  I mean, it's not about what happens in this world that counts for them, right?  So they should be fine with suffering here because they have all that afterlife to look forward to.

If they really believed what they spew this would actually give them comfort, but they don't.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 2

Kinda puts a whole new spin on getting her kids involved in prison ministry like she was, huh? 

Personally I think Michelle will be encouraging her to ask for conjugal visits, because other inmates can make him a sandwich but they can’t .... oh wait.

Never mind.
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5
  • Disgust 5
  • Haha 22

1 hour ago, nst said:

on a side note i hear the states is opening up more...and i still haven't gotten my first shot. Canada is so far behind.........

Alaska has been giving them to Canadians in border towns and to anyone who flies into Fairbanks, Anchorage, Ketchikan or Juneau. 

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yep.  His local small town AK connections can't help him now. 

AR. AK is Alaska ;) Unless you mean the weapon. Which also can't help him because you aren't normally allowed to have assault weapons in the federal pen.

• Upvote 14

This is all just pure speculation at this point, but hypothetically if it were something that involved other members of the family like a financial thing or something Medicorps related how likely is it they'd make arrests in stages, rather than all persons of interest at once?

I'm trying to image what financial federal crime he could have committed that wouldn't have also involved JB, but I'm kind of at a loss.  Even if Josh was set up as a the fall guy, the feds aren't stupid....they'd know he wasn't masterminding anything.

Unless they arrest him to put pressure on him to turn witness against others I don't see how it can be financial.  

Drugs I can see....allowing dealers to use his lot or him helping transport ...I can see how that could happen with no one else in the family knowing.    

I shouldn't be so curious, but I totally am.

• Upvote 33
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

Just now, Maggie Mae said:

Alaska has been giving them to Canadians in border towns and to anyone who flies into Fairbanks, Anchorage, Ketchikan or Juneau. 

Might as well.  We're vaccinating people from Mexico here.  The county rules state anyone who lives or works in San Diego county is eligible if they meet the other requirements.

• Upvote 15

36 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Not really. At a minimum, it has a set of glass French doors. It’s a prefab building that they originally used for storage and later renovated, first into their guest house and then into a house for Josh and Anna’s family. It’s not clear why they sold the house where they lived before that, but presumably they needed money and Anna needed help with the kids. And possibly JB was putting Josh on a shorter leash, not that that did any good.

Is it legal? In my area all bedrooms have to have two forms of egress, which is normally the door that opens into the house, and the window. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

AR. AK is Alaska ;) Unless you mean the weapon. Which also can't help him because you aren't normally allowed to have assault weapons in the federal pen.

HA - thanks.  I do know that...but at my ripe old age I've discovered a wine I like and ....spelling is hard when wine is delcious.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 24

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This is all just pure speculation at this point, but hypothetically if it were something that involved other members of the family like a financial thing or something Medicorps related how likely is it they'd make arrests in stages, rather than all persons of interest at once?

I'm trying to image what financial federal crime he could have committed that wouldn't have also involved JB, but I'm kind of at a loss.  Even if Josh was set up as a the fall guy, the feds aren't stupid....they'd know he wasn't masterminding anything.

Unless they arrest him to put pressure on him to turn witness against others I don't see how it can be financial.  

Drugs I can see....allowing dealers to use his lot or him helping transport ...I can see how that could happen with no one else in the family knowing.    

I shouldn't be so curious, but I totally am.

i think it has to be something else too. If it is financial no way Jim Bob is not implicated, all the money Josh has is from Jim Bob. And meddicorps is registered under John David name.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 5

Hey to y'all who ran back after a hiatus like myself lmao

I've thought I needed to come repeatedly and gotten busy. This popped up on my phone, I stared then ran straight here! I'm shocked no one has found more info somehow yet.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

Ugh I do not want to wait until tomorrow morning for answers! Where are you, TMZ? Shouldn't you be interviewing people and making phone calls and hiding in Anna's bushes? 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Maggie Mae said:

Is it legal? In my area all bedrooms have to have two forms of egress, which is normally the door that opens into the house, and the window. 

It's not legal to rent it out but as we learned when poopistan was new, if you own something and it's your own kids not all areas have code.  That's why the Nauglers were able to put all those kids in a garden shed.  

Legalities aside it's unconscionable to put kids in such an unsafe situation.  How were the Duggars not ashamed to have their grandkids living in a warehouse.  If for no other reason besides appearances you'd think they'd have put them in suitable housing.

But wasn't there speculation that the kids slept at the big house?  

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 2

I wonder where Josh was when the Feds turned up.  If he was in his warehouse/whatever by the TTH, then wouldn't any visitors need to be announced so that someone could open the gate?

• Upvote 11

Does anyone know if Mooch & Jim Blob chose to (or were invited to) leave the  homeschool conference in Big Sandy? It’s going on all week. They have been featured speakers. Will that invitation be withdrawn by the Gothard group in light of the arrest?

• Upvote 5

I haven't been around FJ much for 6 months or longer. [Nope, possibly closer to 9 or 12.]

Imagine my shock at TMZ's little tidbit, which drew me right back into FJ World.

Tomorrow's work day is already a long one. And I won't have cell accessibility until a possible break around 3:00.

Looks like I'll be up too late again tomorrow night, trying valiantly to read all 27,000 new pages here.

P.S. Good to see many of you again. 

Edited by ChickenettiLuvr
  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 23

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Josh, Anna 24 Hmmm... Flight Risk? Does Anyone Know if there Are Any Pilots in the Family?
  • samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic