IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferich 9: Oh Nos! Chelsey Married a Maxwell!

nelliebelle1197

On 7/11/2021 at 8:11 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I pulled a Jesse Maxwell and moved over an hour away from my hometown and family. My siblings did not. They had a ton of help with their children. I mean a lot. I have practically no help from family since I live so far. But to me it’s worth it. I would be so unhappy so close to my family. I would be sucked into the drama I prefer to stay out of. 

Same, except I moved over 1200 miles away. There are a handful of times I would have enjoyed having my mom around for a week or so to help out (I’ve had ten SERIOUS surgeries and cancer), but we made it through alone and it has kept us out of SO MUCH family drama. I don’t envy those families who are in each others’ pockets all the time. Support is nice, but it’s not worth selling your soul. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Freaky current fact of the Helferich's new home county: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_center_of_the_United_States_population

Wright County is a Republican stronghold (no Democrats in any elected office) and 97.6% White (that is a level of whiteness I can't really fathom). It is actually whiter that their old county in Minnesota, Cottonwood, which is 95% white. It also a higher population than their old county.  

I really want to know what has lured (or pushed) the whole family there.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

Conservatives in MN have been railing against Governor Walz especially since the pandemic. Possibly that tipped them! 

Well, then,  they sure picked a great place to move to. Sounds like they are Covid-central right now.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 3

10 hours ago, ElizaB said:

Does someone in the family have political aspirations and feel like this is the place to get votes? 

Who knows. But I was really curious yesterday so I was perusing the interwebs, looking around at Wright County, MO. 

Very rural. Very white. Very tRump loving. 100% red. Part of the bible belt. A large population below the poverty line. Not close to larger cities with industry/work/job opportunities. 

Just searching the county on job sites & real estate sites is depressing as hell.

Aside from wondering why the hell anyone would choose to move there, what in the name of god are Allison & the other wives going to do all day? They are literally cut off there - literally & figuratively. Depending on where in the county they are, even Springfield, the only place of any size or industry, is at least an hour away. 

I sincerely do not believe anyone moves to a place like that without ulterior motives. I still think they are running from something. Again, real or imagined, who knows. But no one goes to a place like that for progress. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Who knows. But I was really curious yesterday so I was perusing the interwebs, looking around at Wright County, MO. 

Very rural. Very white. Very tRump loving. 100% red. Part of the bible belt. A large population below the poverty line. Not close to larger cities with industry/work/job opportunities. 

Just searching the county on job sites & real estate sites is depressing as hell.

Aside from wondering why the hell anyone would choose to move there, what in the name of god are Allison & the other wives going to do all day? They are literally cut off there - literally & figuratively. Depending on where in the county they are, even Springfield, the only place of any size or industry, is at least an hour away. 

I sincerely do not believe anyone moves to a place like that without ulterior motives. I still think they are running from something. Again, real or imagined, who knows. But no one goes to a place like that for progress. 

I assume real estate is relatively cheap and perhaps farmland is too? I know the Bontragers farm; do the Helferiches?

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Part of me wishes they moved because they wanted to live in the middle of nowhere in the peace and quiet with less snow in the winter. But I know that’s not true. 

• Upvote 6

I suppose I don’t mind when big red voting families move to red states thanks to our completely fucked up electoral college. I get more nervous when they move to swing states.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

Are we sure that all 4 of the "Quad Brothers" have really moved to Missouri?  Quad Brothers Construction in Missouri: https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_mn/5397886d-8a8a-e311-8e3a-001ec94ffe7f  renewed its annual business license in September and is in Joshua Helferich's name. Quad Brothers Trucking & Excavating was set up this April in Josiah Helferich's name.

Is it possible that some Helferiches are staying in Minnesota to continue to operate the Construction company?

It is so odd that no Bontrager/Chelsy Maxwell social media every said "yeah, we are sorry that Allison is moving away to Minnesota, but Chelsy is excited that she'll be soon moving to southern Missouri, where she will be closer"

• Upvote 6

18 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Are we sure that all 4 of the "Quad Brothers" have really moved to Missouri?  Quad Brothers Construction in Missouri: https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_mn/5397886d-8a8a-e311-8e3a-001ec94ffe7f  renewed its annual business license in September and is in Joshua Helferich's name. Quad Brothers Trucking & Excavating was set up this April in Josiah Helferich's name.

Is it possible that some Helferiches are staying in Minnesota to continue to operate the Construction company?

It is so odd that no Bontrager/Chelsy Maxwell social media every said "yeah, we are sorry that Allison is moving away to Minnesota, but Chelsy is excited that she'll be soon moving to southern Missouri, where she will be closer"

This whole conversation started because someone went to a Bont dog & pony show in Missouri, and Allison was there, and they said she moved there. At the very least, two adult brothers are there - Allison's perfect manly man being one of them. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I suppose I don’t mind when big red voting families move to red states thanks to our completely fucked up electoral college. I get more nervous when they move to swing states.

A friend of mine in New York State was just telling me about some friends of hers (also in NY) who are planning to move to Texas.  I said that any more blue invading Texas can't be a bad thing.

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, fundiefan said:

This whole conversation started because someone went to a Bont dog & pony show in Missouri, and Allison was there, and they said she moved there. At the very least, two adult brothers are there - Allison's perfect manly man being one of them. 

Sorry, I just want to say that I wasn't at the church. As my first post said, I watched a livestream by the church. It was announced on the Bontrager's Insta story, that's how I knew. I do live in rural MO though, but north of the MO river. I just don't want to give people the wrong idea!

@HereticHick Marlin said this move wasn't planned around six months before the performance, so they don't seem to have planned on moving at the time. It makes sense they renewed their business license, since were probably no plans for them to move.

Edited by LanaBanana
  • Upvote 7

10 hours ago, LanaBanana said:

Sorry, I just want to say that I wasn't at the church. As my first post said, I watched a livestream by the church. It was announced on the Bontrager's Insta story, that's how I knew. I do live in rural MO though, but north of the MO river. I just don't want to give people the wrong idea!

Oops. Sorry. I read too fast or let it fly out of my head that you watched the livestream. I do remember you saying that, now. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Chelsy posted an update.  Madeline isn't doing very good.

I know that lung development issues are common in preemie's, but... Guessing she would have had an easier go of it had Mom not been continuously exposing her to a deadly lung disease.

I have to admit though, I didn't see this coming; it seemed like Madeline was really early but on track to be just fine. Thoughts are with the tiny little girl as she battles.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

I know that lung development issues are common in preemie's, but... Guessing she would have had an easier go of it had Mom not been continuously exposing her to a deadly lung disease.

True story...back during the 1918-1920 flu pandemic my great grandmother was pregnant and got the flu.  She recovered but her baby girl died of a heart issue when she 5 weeks old.  Doctor believed great grandma having the flu likely contributed to it.  Hope Chelsy didn't get the Delta variant.  If Chelsy didnt get the shot and got COVID as a result (she did go to a superspreader event aka Denver's wedding in March) I will be very angry.  But we will never know.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 6

On 7/13/2021 at 3:57 PM, HereticHick said:

Freaky current fact of the Helferich's new home county: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_center_of_the_United_States_population

Wright County is a Republican stronghold (no Democrats in any elected office) and 97.6% White (that is a level of whiteness I can't really fathom). It is actually whiter that their old county in Minnesota, Cottonwood, which is 95% white. It also a higher population than their old county.  

I really want to know what has lured (or pushed) the whole family there.

Ugh. I am hoping it is not my militia theory….

Also, my 14 year old went for 2 weeks of sleep away camp. He came back and the first thing he said was that it was uncomfortable because it was so white. He lives in a diverse super liberal community and the fact that a 14 year old white boy feels  that all white spaces are uncomfortable makes this mom happy!

On 7/14/2021 at 9:10 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Arizona is a swing/purple to blue  state so hopefully not many more of these loons will relocate.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 8

I don’t know why she mentioned her big healthy baby. I know she’s comparing her baby to Madeline. But it seems pointless and hurtful. Everyone who knows the family knows she has a healthy baby boy. 

9B9E2D48-A97D-4B37-8185-E2C3F5C9B463.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Does anyone plan for a baby to be born at 30 weeks? I suppose it's good that their Jesus is giving Chelsy peace about the danger her daughter's life is in, but if it were me? I'd be telling that Jesus dude what to do with his peace and to make my daughter better, thankyouverymuchasshole. Apparently Chelsy needs peace more than that baby needs healing and we clearly see where their god's priorities lie. 

While you're comparing, Allison, remember: Chelsy lives among civilization, even if it is in the world of Maxhell. She & her husband have a home of their own and are not following his parents to godforsaken parts of the country. While you lived with your in-laws, pretended otherwise (ie: lied online, in answer to direct questions even) then followed your husband as he followed mommy & daddy to middle of bumf*ck nowhere. On apparently short notice and with no choice. 

• Upvote 12

Being born 2.5 months early is very, very early. Babies put on 65% of their weight AFTER 30 weeks. My heart goes out to Chelsy because seeing your baby fight for their life in NICU with two other babies at home sounds like torture. At least the Maxwells know how to rally and offer support in times of crisis... I hope little Madeline makes it.

• Upvote 8

As a non Christian, this line of thinking really bothers me. But I guess if it makes people feel better, then do it. But I don’t believe praying does anything for anyone but the person praying. So it does nothing for Madeline, Chelsy or John. All it does is soothes the praying person. Which is fine. But after you pray, send money to your friend because that might actually help the family. 

27629746-5B78-41EE-8821-08C767074F92.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

I understand the call to prayer, even though I'm an atheist.  I get it. I spent hours praying growing up, and there was a comfort into believing an all-powerful god was listening.  In dark times, people need a coping mechanism.

What always concerns me in the long run is that, should a person or baby survive a serious medical situation, science is never the cause to fundamentalists.  There is often no credit given to the years of scientific research that made treatment possible.  Survival is only because of prayer and God.  And then a pandemic hits, and it's a "plandemic" conspiracy by the liberals who want to make your children gay.  Because science isn't real. 

I truly hope Madeline lives a long life.  And I also am thankful for the hard work of scientists, doctors, and nurses that have saved the lives of the countless premature babies. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, MomJeans said:

Survival is only because of prayer and God.  And then a pandemic hits, and it's a "plandemic" conspiracy by the liberals who want to make your children gay.  Because science isn't real. 

This misogyny bothers me the most about the people and culture we discuss here. To them Science is convenient if it helps them but why believe in science if they could actually save the health and life of other people like social distancing or wearing masks.

But their hero, former president 45 is the same. Openly mocks science, wears not one mask and is responsible for thousands of deaths that would have been preventable. But then gets the best treatment available once he gets sick of Covid.

• Upvote 6

Chelsy posted an update. So far things are going as doctors were hoping them to and they're moving Madeline back off the vent and onto the CPAP once again, which is good news. Chelsy also notes that nothing is a guarantee; things were looking up and then they weren't, so it's touch and go but it is better than Thursday night. She also noted their gratitude for all of the prayers and thoughts being sent their way.

Allison's post is a big :562479351e8d1_wtf(2): but I think @fundiefan makes the best point in that Allison's married life is a big :562479351e8d1_wtf(2): and so we'll see a lot more of these oddities going forward because the reality is she's looked forward to where she is now for 15+ years and she absolutely hates it because her in-laws are somehow more batshit than her parents.

I feel like we're about to watch the Helferichs go all-in on the path of Morton-dom. For now, southern Missouri is their 3rd world, libertarian paradise.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic