Jump to content
IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferich 9: Oh Nos! Chelsey Married a Maxwell!


nelliebelle1197

Recommended Posts

The Bontragers have managed to marry most of their kids into just two families, the Bowers and the Helferich families. Chelsey is the rebel, having married John Maxwell, scion of the relatively sane Maxwell family. Yes, friends, we have a world in which Steve Maxwell is the more moderate patriarch....

 

  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Smash! said:

@nelliebelle1197 How do I recognize if someone‘s verified?

Curious will pin a post to the top of the thread in which the poster first appears.  In this example, the poster is Beccy Mosser’s brother. He has been cut off from his sister by his awful BIL’s fanatical beliefs and checks in to see if anyone here knows anything.
 

We do get prolific posters who claim to know fundies and be parts of these groups or who claim to be former fundies. Some are, some aren’t. The truth usually outs itself. Longer term posters with fundie backgrounds are usually legit. I view newer ones with extreme caution. I have a minor Fundie background from attending a private skirts only IFB church and school for a while, just for the record. My experience was more from the curriculum and theological POV rather than the family Fundie one. 
 

It is weird but there are people who get something out of making up an alternate self and fooling people. I am fairly certain we have a couple active on here right now- we usually do, to be fair.  I am not saying this poster is a faker but the chances are 50/50 either way.

A015DB08-B620-4D41-BF6B-9ACF6B70060C.png

  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think there are no more Single Lepperts to marry off so no sibling pairings for that family!

  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is still possible another Bontrager-Bower wedding (or 2? Is there a teenbower for Rebecca?). Or 4 Duggar-Bontrager weddings (Elizabeth and Rebecca with Howlers and Johanna and Jennifer with the 2 single Bons). I don't wish any of these grooms to that girls, but FJ would implode if that happened!

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

It is still possible another Bontrager-Bower wedding (or 2? Is there a teenbower for Rebecca?). Or 4 Duggar-Bontrager weddings (Elizabeth and Rebecca with Howlers and Johanna and Jennifer with the 2 single Bons). I don't wish any of these grooms to that girls, but FJ would implode if that happened!

There are lots of Bowers boys left for both Liz and Rebs (6 to be exact). But I hope they don’t match up. And there’s Susannah Helferich that’s single. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

@nelliebelle1197 Mitchell is married to Brynn Leppert. She's also not a Bowers or Helferich.

Shhhh... it is no fun that way ;)

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Rose55blue said:

Do we know anything about Lepperts?

I don't think we know much. They are a local family and also attend Marion Avenue Baptist Church. It seems like they are a rather small family - 3 or 4 kids IIRC.

They are probably quite fundie, but at least they let Bryn a college out of state. A bible college, but better than nothing I guess.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lolly Hale posted a picture with Rachel Craig. I’m really wondering what wedding they all attended over the weekend. All the Bontragers were there including Chelsy. Lolly and Rachel Craig were there. I am wondering if Celia Craig did secretly wed Joseph M (I can’t spell his last name). We know they were together at Christmas. Very curious.

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lolly Hale posted a picture with Rachel Craig. I’m really wondering what wedding they all attended over the weekend. All the Bontragers were there including Chelsy. Lolly and Rachel Craig were there. I am wondering if Celia Craig did secretly wed Joseph M (I can’t spell his last name). We know they were together at Christmas. Very curious.

Nothing is showing up on the Mieczkowski's ( my FOO is all Polish so am used to seeing names like theirs) or the Craig's IG.  What throws me off about Lolly's picture is Rachel doesn't appear to be wearing bridesmaid's apparel.  She looks like she is simply another guest, unless her sister had a less formal type wedding. I dunno.

Now what in the world is going on with Chelsy's eye makeup?  She's giving JillyRod a run for her money there.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Nothing is showing up on the Mieczkowski's ( my FOO is all Polish so am used to seeing names like theirs) or the Craig's IG.  What throws me off about Lolly's picture is Rachel doesn't appear to be wearing bridesmaid's apparel.  She looks like she is simply another guest, unless her sister had a less formal type wedding. I dunno.

It looks the woman next to Rachel (Lolly?) is wearing a bridesmaid dress.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The weird thing about Lolly is that she lives in Alaska. So she came all the way to the states to go to a wedding. That’s why I’m kind of wondering who got married. I thought most of the Hales and Buckinghams lived in Alaska too. Was it her husband or Sharia’s husband that is close with a Maxwell? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The weird thing about Lolly is that she lives in Alaska. So she came all the way to the states to go to a wedding. That’s why I’m kind of wondering who got married. I thought most of the Hales and Buckinghams lived in Alaska too. Was it her husband or Sharia’s husband that is close with a Maxwell? 

You know Alaska is part of the US, right? 

  • Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

You know Alaska is part of the US, right? 

I had no idea! Thanks!

  • Haha 7
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I had no idea! Thanks!

Well, you phrased it like it was some impossible feat to come from Alaska to "the states" and there are, literally, tourists who come here and ask if we take "American" money. I don't know where you live so it just sounded like maybe you didn't know. For the record, there are flights from Anchorage (closest airport to where the Hales are at now, about an hour away) to Seattle multiple times a day. There are also daily flights to most major cities on the West Coast and Mountain regions. Yeah, there'd be layover, but it's not that difficult to imagine someone getting on a plane to go to a wedding in wherever it was. 

It's also not "weird" to live in Alaska. It's a place where people live. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Move Along 6
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

Well, you phrased it like it was some impossible feat to come from Alaska to "the states" and there are, literally, tourists who come here and ask if we take "American" money. I don't know where you live so it just sounded like maybe you didn't know. For the record, there are flights from Anchorage (closest airport to where the Hales are at now, about an hour away) to Seattle multiple times a day. There are also daily flights to most major cities on the West Coast and Mountain regions. Yeah, there'd be layover, but it's not that difficult to imagine someone getting on a plane to go to a wedding in wherever it was. 

It's also not "weird" to live in Alaska. It's a place where people live. 

You sure made a lot of assumptions based on my post. I don’t know why I’m bothering to explain. But I suppose I will. There is nothing weird about living in Alaska. The weird thing is that she traveled so far for a wedding. Meaning it must be someone she’s close to. It’s a horrible shame I didn’t say “contiguous states” because I guess that’s what started all this. 

  • Upvote 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Purely speculative here on whose wedding occurred that Rachael Craig, Chelsy Maxwell, and Lolly Hale attended (in what appears to be bridal party attire). Lolly's maiden name is Buckingham.  She has a younger, mid-20's sister Lydia.  I found a Lydia Buckingham bridal registry with a wedding date of 3/26/21. That's all I've got but maybe someone else can verify.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lydia Buckingham married David Harder - I think. Searching their names a Marion Ave. Baptist link comes up for a video, but the marriage was in Palmer, AK. Clicking the link doesn't tell you anything. It's a weird looking link, but it specifically says their names & Marion Ave Baptist Church. It's their FB page. I can't screen capture, just Google their names (do I sound like a Maxwell...."just Google it") and you'll maybe see the same link I am seeing.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Lydia Buckingham married David Harder - I think. Searching their names a Marion Ave. Baptist link comes up for a video, but the marriage was in Palmer, AK. Clicking the link doesn't tell you anything. It's a weird looking link, but it specifically says their names & Marion Ave Baptist Church. It's their FB page. I can't screen capture, just Google their names (do I sound like a Maxwell...."just Google it") and you'll maybe see the same link I am seeing.

That's not a church in Palmer, but they do have a link to a Bontrager Family Concert. Very odd. 

Do we know anything about the harder family? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

That's not a church in Palmer, but they do have a link to a Bontrager Family Concert. Very odd. 

Do we know anything about the harder family? 

It's the Bontrager's church, in Iowa. 

That's why the connection to even have a link is odd. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Recent Status Updates

    • Chocolate Lover

      Chocolate Lover

      Yes, it's oral thrush!  Treating it with miconazole gel 4 times a day.  Whoever decided to flavour it chocolate orange is a flipping genius!
      Also needing 1 litre of electrolyte solution per day because my steroid load is killing my levels.  Tomorrow's the last day of prednisolone, thank goodness.  Fingers crossed it's done the job, because I'm still having the occasional wobble with breathing. 
      I see the practice nurse on Monday. 
      · 0 replies
    • Destiny

      Destiny

      The fact that RTD is coming back to Doctor Who has made my day. Hell, it made my whole fucking week. I CAN'T WAIT TO LOVE MY SHOW AGAIN!
      · 0 replies
    • feministxtian

      feministxtian

      Ever been mansplained and it pissed you off so bad that you just want to bitchslap any poor man who might cross your path? 
      · 2 replies
    • Destiny

      Destiny

      I'm not able to update the logos to the fall ones today -- there's a bug that is solved in a recent update version to fix it, but I don't have the time to do that until next week. Until then, we are still living in an endless summer friends! 
      · 0 replies
    • feministxtian

      feministxtian

      Today is a "I ain't wearing pants" day. Yesterday was pretty shitty so today I'm doing as little as I can get away with. 
      · 0 replies
    • WannabeHistorian

      WannabeHistorian

      Second Covid vax is currently kicking my butt. Fever, chills, body aches, exhaustion, etc. 
      Miserable, but so so grateful to be vaccinated. Sure as hell beats actual Covid.
      · 6 replies
    • Bluebirdbluebell

      Bluebirdbluebell

      So very sad about Willie Garson. RIP
      · 0 replies
    • Chocolate Lover

      Chocolate Lover

      Started prednisolone tablets today because the asthma inhaler isn't enough. Now I have a sore throat and feel like I have a cold coming.  Need the tablets because breathing isn't an optional body function.  Really don't need the tablets if I have an infection brewing.   
      · 0 replies
    • Cartmann99

      Cartmann99

      My husband commented this morning about how nice the weather is after a cold front moved in last night. Before I could stop him, he asked out loud if I thought this meant an early fall for us.
      That's like when you live up north and start talking about an early spring...
      Be careful, the weather gods are always listening.
      · 3 replies
    • PinkGreyBrown

      PinkGreyBrown

      Grew up fundie-adjacent. My mother called herself a recovering fu**tamendalist, & she was not given to swearing. Thankfully she raised me as free of religious weirdness as she was capable. Her mother is all the regressive things -- racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, anti-semitic, ableist, fundamentalist Protestant nonsense, all of it, & longing for a golden past that never existed.
      I'm an atheist with a bit of an obsession about fundies, particularly of the Christian varieties cuz that's what I'm surrounded by. I've been reading this forum for well over a decade now & finally decided to make an account.
      Thanks for having me here.
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.